Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Still trying to get back down to goal weight but TOM is here so it's not surprising that I haven't been losing well these past two weeks. I'm going on a one-week vacation in a week and a half and contemplating not counting during that time and trying to do an intuitive sort of JUDDD just to see how I handle that because that's how I'd like to do vacations in the future. I plan to get right back to counting and rotations as soon as I get back.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Today is a DD and I leave tomorrow on an UD for a weekend craft show out of town. I will have 2 DD's and one UD at the show. Hope I am so busy that I won't even think about food those two days. Will take protein shakes since I work alone.
SO I may not be back on here until Monday.
BUT I will stick to my rotations.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Have a great show, Adi! And good luck with your rotations.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Hiya.. Not really complaining.. BUt.. Perhaps adding my own WHine
I really hoped that i could now start to eat on DD and have eaten like up to 700 or 800 calories on any givn DD.. And Well the result is a 3 pound gain that is noto goin any where .. I really had hopes that i could now eat on DD instaed of just drinking coffee and feeling the hungar.. Well now that i eat every day..OMG im staving!!! I cant shut offf the hungar on a DD.. and i seam to not care( at that moment) ugg.. How i long for "normal" I just needed a break ya know.. but this break is now the scale goin up.. And that is scary for me~ I just wanted to pop in here and let it all hang out for a minute,, i still love JUDDD but i guess i am alwasy going to have my DD as a no food day Any idea here? Thanks girls~
Sterlinggirl,

Love your new Avi!! Beautiful!

I do have a few ideas. Not sure what your macros are on your DD. I try to eat higher protein and that seems to keep hunger at bay for me. I add in veggies or fruit too to help fill me up a bit extra in between meals. In the afternoon I have a diet root beer or diet orange soda with 2 TBSP half and half. Between the carbonation and fat in the half and half, I feel almost stuffed going into dinner.

One other thought. I had to get away from the mentality that I "wasn't" eating on a DD, that I "couldn't" eat very much. Now in my mind and to others I say I am eating light. And trying to enjoy the feeling. Not feeling it every day mind you. But I am loving my new STEADY weight that I have not seen in 15+ years, so I am thinking this is worth it until I can cope with the hunger more consistently...maybe even one day it will hardly be noticeable!! **crossing fingers**

I will say when I eat what I know is nutritionally empty, I have a really rough DD, so I have to be extra careful or hunger comes roaring like a lion!!!

Feeling your frustration, sending a hug to you!!

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!

Last edited by cactusrose63; 10-24-2012 at 03:02 PM..
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I've decided to change my maintenance plan. For some reason I have really been struggling. Always feeling hungry. DDs used to be quite easy for me and became almost unbearable. Probably carbs. And on UDs I felt out of control.
So now I'm eating LC/HF.
I eat in an 8 hour window.
Kill the cravings.
I started on Monday at 138.
This morning 130 which is about where I should be.

Please don't kick me out!
I still want to hang out with my Juddd budds!
Quite interesting thing has been happening. I feel less hungry on days that would be DDs (I know because dh is still doing rotations). I have been able to get rid of cravings. Now it's almost a mind game. As long as I just listen to my hunger, I'm naturally doing ud/dd. Just higher calories. Actually dd maintenance calories! If I think of it as a dd I think about food more. And if it's an ud and I think tomorrow is a dd then I think I better hurry and fill up for tomorrow. Still working on the mental part. Can you tell?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Sterlinggirl, love your new avi, so adorable!
I agree with the thoughts about dd's being a mind game and prefer to think of it as 'eating light'. I've been eating 30 calories every hour when I can and that helps a lot.
I hope you feel better soon
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Thanks girls.. I think i will bow out of maintance and head back into weight loss mode,, i know i am more than what that number on the scale says.. but.. i feel like i failed as soon as i gave my self permission to eat.. My plan is to do the DD rotations WITH food as aposoed to how i had been doing it.. (just drinking coffee) I cant see living the rest of my life only drinking coffee with no food every other day.. so .. new plan is to eat and get back to the gym~ Thanks girls perhpas more time on this board is needed also
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #98

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I know I am mean, but anything to get you on here more is great by me Kimberly.

But yes, I agree about the 'mind games'. It took me a long to to realise that just because it was an UD I didn't have to eat out or cook something wonderfully indulgent.

Janette, you seem to be doing a great job though, just doing what comes naturally.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I know I am mean, but anything to get you on here more is great by me Kimberly.

But yes, I agree about the 'mind games'. It took me a long to to realise that just because it was an UD I didn't have to eat out or cook something wonderfully indulgent.

Janette, you seem to be doing a great job though, just doing what comes naturally.
Thanks Cindy I'm getting there I think.

And I agree we need you around here Kimberly! Whether it's maintaining or WL!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Honestly, I really can't imagine not being in WL mode - I've literally been in WL mode since I was 12 years old - that's a loong time, lol! Something like 4 decades almost.

After less than two short months, I've lost more weight than I did when I was a teenager and exercised over 4 hours every day (I was on the drill team in high school). Part of it is my resolve to weigh food and count calories and the access to the wonderful calculators. BUT, I still think most of it's from the JUDDD magic. Really, there is no other explanation for this sudden loss of weight, since I've always kept my calories low.

I'm looking forward to joining you lovely ladies in maintenance. I'm still trying to drop a bit more just to see if I can get the belly to 'pinch less than an inch', but not obsessing about that.

That JUDDD magic is powerful, I'm still like trying to wrap my brain around it.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #101

I am so pleased it is going great for you Luv, you are so tiny it must be hard sometimes.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Kissa The relative nature of my numbers makes it hard to relate sometimes. I take my weightloss and multiply it by two for comparison purposes with more average size folks.

Ha, you should have seen me waddling into the hospital maternity ward The doctors were in the back sharpening their knives, and for good reason. Needed sectioning with all three, they are beautiful people today.

My calorie limits are quite restricted compared to others, but I made peace with that fact many years ago, am used to it. I sometimes have to eat coconut manna to get my calories in - beginning to trust JUDDD

JUDDD is seriously my world right now!!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Kimberly I just never realized you were not eating anything on your DD When you mentioned not eating I thought you just meant not eating enough!

My numbers for maintainig are not too high, but then I'm older and shorter then most women. My goal numbers are 110 - 114, at 110 I should eat 1515 on UD and at 40% on dd 606 and at 60% 909. At 114 the numbers are just a tiny bit more - 1539 on UD, 40% is 616 and 60% is 923. I kept very close calorie count for a month and averaged it out to just 1510 a day!!!

Now I try to have my UD at the above numbers and use the 40% on DD, on Thursday I have a MD and use the 60% .

Yes, yes to because I want more many days and I can have more food but the result will be a bigger me

One of the best things about my weight loss is - bedroom activity time is
Old 10-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hi everybody,
Thanks for these posts on learning about UD indulgence.
I want to thank Adi for a post from a couple of weeks ago, in which she mentioned picking only one high calorie item per meal as a basic guide on UDs. (Hope I have that right, Adi.)
That keeps floating around in my head on UDs while preparing meals. So, so simple but very helpful for me in finding the middle path.
So thanks, Adi, and all of you. It's hard to say often enough how helpful everyone's thoughts are in learning my way through Juddd even now, six months in.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
25 days maintaining and I seem to have flowed right into it. A few small adjustments to calories kept me bouncing gently between 128 and 130.

Mostly I get my calories at dinner because I just don't seem to have much hunger during the day, DD or UD.

BUT, a few weeks ago I pinched a nerve in my back and the meds required me to keep food in my system all dang day long. Eating all day took me up to 132 quickly (yeah, big deal ... not). Oh golly it felt good when I finished the meds and could forget breakfast again! Back to 128 - 130 now. Bouncing happily.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Today is a DD and the last day of my craft show. My UD menu yesterday was awful. I had curly fries for lunch and kettle corn for dinner. No scale and I have to load today so lots of activity. I am a sucker for concession stand junk but I passed the fudge booth. I refused to pay $12.00 for 6 little squares of fudge. Glad it was high priced since I sure didn't need it.
Will Che k in tomorrow with how I did. I have my protein drinks for today
Old 10-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #107

Well done with your protein drinks. I totally understand the sad attraction of the concession stand food...lol.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

I've spent most of the day reading through the old JUDDD threads. Very inspiring to me. Especially those who are still here or even left and come back. I think it just helps to see that you can still be juddding after a couple years at maintenance.
So tomorrow I'm going to have a dd at my 50% calories.
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I too will be having a DD on Monday, having about 600 calories!

It will be yogurt, v8 and coffee for B. Chicken breast, lettuce and mixed veg for lunch, fruit for dinner ( if I have calories left it will also be a cold boiled egg too)

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Hi All! I am still here just don't seem to have much to say anymore. It makes sense I guess as I am just bouncing around the same numbers now. I am still trying to find my way through the marathon training and JUDDD. I do seem to have maintaining at this weight down pat. It does take a bit of juggling but it is working as my weight typically creeps up (or jumps up) when I am running lots and so far I am holding steady. I have been trying to focus on my nutrition a bit more lately as I have a tendancy to be like a kid in a candy store with processed carbs now that I can eat them within my calorie allotment and not gain.
I love reading everyone's updates and congratulations on resisting the overpriced fudge Adi!
Tomorrow is a DD for me too and I am looking forward to it, although I just realized that Halloween is also a DD. i will have to stash away some of the really good chocolates somewhere safe! I hope you all have a great week!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #111

Good to see most of us are finding JUDDD maintenance pretty easy.

I am on top of the world.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

I am 143.4 this morning after my 3 days away at a craft show BUT I stuck to my rotations. Hope my kettle corn doesn't show up tomorrow or the next day. I found it easiest to take a four pack of Pure Protein shakes and had two a day for the DD's along with coffee from the concession stand with some koind of powdered creamer. Now to have a great UD.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #113

That is impressive Adi. Don't think I'll be doing that at the weekend when I go to Dublin for 2 nights. 2 UDs are in my plan.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Hey all. Just popping in to say Hi. Nothing new here. Just rolling along, loving JUDDD, maintaining and living life.

Ortho appts for 2 kids today and then clothes shopping for them.

Yesterday, I tried on every.single.item in my winter wardrobe. 3/4 of it is in trash bags to drop off at Salvation Army today. What's weird is, I was only about 5-6 pounds heavier when I was wearing it last winter. But most of it was WAY too big. And there were a few items that, just because they fit, didn't mean I needed to keep them. LOL. I had a couple of dresses that had to be 20 years old and were seriously dated. Feels good to let go of that stuff.

Cleaned out the kids drawers too.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you got a lot of work done, Tina
That last 5-6 pounds really does change the body shape, at least it has for me. I don't even recognise my body any more, have found bones and tendons that I didn't even know I had.
Kissa, I planned two UD's this last weekend when I went on a trip with hubby. One turned out to be a MD, which was no biggie. I only gained just a bit, within the range of normal fluctuations. Love the flexibility of JUDDD!
Babsbabs, another chocolate fiend here, hehe
Old 10-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #116

How gratifying Tina, have fun finding some cute new winter things.

Luv, I usually do fine when I take a break, and luckily I am having an easy week of good rotations this week. Glad you had no serious gain.

Got to love JUDDD.