Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 154/147/130 - 5'4", Age: 52, Highest:178
WOE: JUDDD 1850/700 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD 4/30/12, LC and Carb Cycling 2002-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Well the whole eating thing on a DD im like wow!!~ To not see the scale do anything differnt is weird! Who would have thought that my body could actually handle eating and not gain.. (whew).. I hopped on this am for a peak and i am at 169.6 so im pretty happy about that. Eating yummy stuff like pea soup wthe ROLLS .. I have givin into my bread addiction of late, boy have i MISS BREAD~
AMEN, sista!! In these past few months I have really indulged in so many YUMMIES I have missed over the years!! And I lost weight!! The most amazing thing to me is that now I don't even crave most of those snacks, breads, pasta, sweets, etc. I just peacefully enjoy them once in a while. Peaceful has not been in my vocabulary related to food since I was...hmmm....a teenager.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
I suppose I am basically in maintenance as I am this close to my goal. Two DD's a week
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We have it working for us. DD lunch was Nachos!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I too like my bread, had a piece of home-made sourdough toast with real butter about 10 minutes ago - really good too!

So glad Kimberly that you are here with us, 55# is just amazing!

Leona
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
That is great Kimberly! I was wondering how it was going. It is amazing to me that you could do such low DD's I am glad that having more is working well for you! I am compensating for a rather excessive Thanksgiving weekend and am having one of those super low DD's today to hopefully use some of those calories. I forgot how good pie was! It was nice to enjoy it! Probably didn't need to confirm how good it was so many times
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #36

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Everyone doing well? I am happy with 124.6 today.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Holding steady at 143 for the past 4 days. I am loving this!! Feeling good this autumn!!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Not so good here at a 4+ lb gain above maintenance low, that I think was due to my 3+ weeks of extremely high fat ratio while doing Nutritional Ketosis along with JUDDD maintenance. I didn't change my caloric intake at all from what I was doing before in JUDDD maintenance, so it had to be the change in the nutrient ratios. I've decided to drop NK and go back to just plain JUDDD to see if I might be able to drop those 4 lbs.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #39

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I'm a couple of pounds down, but I've only raised DDs a little bit. I just haven't been hungry enough to warrant 700-900 calories on a DD. Crazy, I know, but there it is. I will not be complaining, since I still have more to lose, and am just taking a little break.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Time for plan B

I've decided to change my maintenance plan. For some reason I have really been struggling. Always feeling hungry. DDs used to be quite easy for me and became almost unbearable. Probably carbs. And on UDs I felt out of control.
So now I'm eating LC/HF.
I eat in an 8 hour window.
Kill the cravings.
I started on Monday at 138.
This morning 130 which is about where I should be.

Please don't kick me out!
I still want to hang out with my Juddd budds!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Will NOT kick anyone out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am at the same weight ( 114 # ) and feeling great about it too! Some days I am way over my calories and some days way under, but it always works out! Now I do not gain or lose, so for me the numbers Dr. j. give are good for me!

Leona
Old 10-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I've decided to change my maintenance plan. For some reason I have really been struggling. Always feeling hungry. DDs used to be quite easy for me and became almost unbearable. Probably carbs. And on UDs I felt out of control.
So now I'm eating LC/HF.
Kill the cravings.

Janette, what do you eat? I love using this as a kind of reset but imagination is a bit limited with the foods involved.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So now I'm eating LC/HF.
Kill the cravings.

Yowza did that work FAST or what?? Fantastic. Like Kristin, looking forward to hearing how you did this and what you ate....do tell.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Janette, no way we're kicking you out! Yes, tell us what exactly you're eating. That was a fast loss and must be so rewarding.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Janette - Wow 8 # gone in a week is just the best, I will be watching for what you ate also. Your week is just out of this world great.

Leona
Old 10-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago after holidays and lost 8 pounds in the week. More than that, I felt fantastic. No cravings, peaceful head, etc.
I ate cream cheese, peanut butter, avacadoes, bacon and eggs, egg salad, tuna salad during the day and a simple salad at night.
I understand those who feel limited by this, but I feel more limited by nagging cravings. It's a terrific option in my life.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
So now I'm eating LC/HF.
Kill the cravings.

8 lbs in less than a week is amazing, even if some of it is water weight! I really wish I could use LC/HF to lose because my tastes lean towards naturally high fat foods, but my diet is normally so LC/HF anyway, that even when I went to the extreme and ate at 80/15/5 fat/protein/carb recently, I didn't drop anything and instead gained.

I was up even more at 109.1 this morning, which is probably some sort of rebound weight from just switching back to regular LC/JUDDD from the high fat Nutritional Ketosis. Gonna drop down to WLM calorie levels to see if I can stop the steady climb up.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Janette, no way we're kicking you out! Yes, tell us what exactly you're eating. That was a fast loss and must be so rewarding.
Thank you. Means so much to me! I feel like you all are like family!
I held out stopping 'juddd for a while (even though I think I knew I would eventually have to because it was starting to feel like an eating disorder to me. If that makes sense?) because I feel so comfortable on this board and I don't think I'll be comfortable to open up anywhere else like I have here. I'm very private. Don't and won't have FB or any other social media and I posted a picture of me on my avitar! That's big for me
Old 10-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago after holidays and lost 8 pounds in the week. More than that, I felt fantastic. No cravings, peaceful head, etc.
I ate cream cheese, peanut butter, avacadoes, bacon and eggs, egg salad, tuna salad during the day and a simple salad at night.
I understand those who feel limited by this, but I feel more limited by nagging cravings. It's a terrific option in my life.
Did you combine this with JUDDD Kristin or did you switch to LCHF for the week and then go back to JUDDDing? I sometimes think that just switching the ratios of carbs/protein/fats can get weight loss going. I used to lose well on LC, then LC with Higher fat, then with JUDDD I started eating carbs with the calorie limits and lost quickly. I sometimes wonder if the change of foods helps. I am thinking that if I want to go lower with my weight I should try to drop the carbs a bit and up the fat as I haven't done that for the last half year. I can't seem to face not having toast with my egg yet on UD so it might have to wait until after the holidays.
Janette- 8 pounds in a week is amazing. It obviously worked well for you!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

I have to admit that I was on quite the carb binge before I started so my weight jumped up to 138. And boy did I feel crappy! Bloated, gums swollen, carb coma.
I've been having bullet proof coffee when I wake up. Then sometimes I'll eat bacon with avocado, cream cheese clouds, salmon with a cream sauce, fatty beef patty with cheese, boiled egg with mayo. Just made my first 'fat bomb'. I love all these foods. I should say I like ALL food! But I feel so good eating these foods.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I sure wish I were able to enjoy all foods and not lose control. I struggle to not feel like a failure but when those pastries and sweets are calling my name and I give in I feel like I have no self control. It does feel like an addiction.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

I did want to mention that several months ago I did try combining lc/hf and 'juddd. I did very well maintaining and felt amazing for a while. Then it's like my body went into stress mode. Wasn't sleeping, felt anxious, almost like I was on a high and not in a good way!
Something had to give. Didn't want to give up 'juddd. It did help me get the last 15 lbs off and get to goal after being stalled on atkins after more than 4 months. So I started adding more carbs. Did fine for the first week or so and then went crazy!
So here I am. My hope is that I can continue to maintain my weight, stop thinking about food all the time(don't know if that'll ever happen), eat peacefully and in control.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Hi all. Just popping in to say Hello and let you all know I'm still Judd'ing and still maintaining.

Had a brief pop up to the higher end of my maintenance range and even say 128 once (gasp). But a week of rotations with dd's around 600 calories and 'clean' for me foods has all back where it should be. 124 this am.

Posted a 6 mos on maintenance thread to share more.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Did you combine this with JUDDD Kristin or did you switch to LCHF for the week and then go back to JUDDDing? I sometimes think that just switching the ratios of carbs/protein/fats can get weight loss going. I used to lose well on LC, then LC with Higher fat, then with JUDDD I started eating carbs with the calorie limits and lost quickly. I sometimes wonder if the change of foods helps. I am thinking that if I want to go lower with my weight I should try to drop the carbs a bit and up the fat as I haven't done that for the last half year. I can't seem to face not having toast with my egg yet on UD so it might have to wait until after the holidays.
Janette- 8 pounds in a week is amazing. It obviously worked well for you!
Barb, I switched to LCHF for almost a week and then missed the up/down cycle, so gravitated back to it along with LCHF. I'm still figuring it out. Like you, I think I do well with switching things up.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Tina,
Thanks for your wonderful six month post. Very inspiring. Very helpful to those of us following.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Still maintaining with JUDDD...though for the last 3 months I have been combining it with weightwatchers!

I reached goal with juddd a year ago this month, and have been at 133 steadily.(I bounce up or down a lb or 2 each week.)

I joined ww to support a friend, and also because I am a bit of a geek, who likes a new routine to play with!
I also love not having to count my fruit and veg....it may have hindered me in the weightloss stage of juddd...but as a maintainer it works very well, and I am certainly making healthier choices...I am currently addicted to butternut squash!

hugs
Jo

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Not so good here at a 4+ lb gain above maintenance low, that I think was due to my 3+ weeks of extremely high fat ratio while doing Nutritional Ketosis along with JUDDD maintenance. I didn't change my caloric intake at all from what I was doing before in JUDDD maintenance, so it had to be the change in the nutrient ratios. I've decided to drop NK and go back to just plain JUDDD to see if I might be able to drop those 4 lbs.
I am also experiencing the weight jump after my HF in the form of nutritional ketosis experiment. I guess I can't succeed on HF so I am back to my normal menu plans but have more to lose now to get back down to maintenance.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

As I read all your post I am not sure I should even tell you all about me

I have been here in Main since May 1 and find it just so hard to do at times. Last night ( it was a DD ) I ended up with the jar of peanut butter and ate ever too much, I think about 1/4 cup!

Today I just wish it was over ( the dieting part ). I do not like it one bit!

I do love JUDD and when it is going well for me, I really love it! But, but what is wrong that I am having such a hard time

I did have some ham yesterday and the scale did show about a 1.5 # up, but I expected that.

I want to be like the rest of you all here and enjoy the UD & DD!

Sorry for the downer!

Just Me - Leona
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #59

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
So now I'm eating LC/HF.
Kill the cravings.

Sounds like you were eating carbs, so got *carbed up* and then spent a week on LC and shed the water weight. Nice whoosh there!!

I was also initially hungry on DDs, but found that the longer I was on JUDDD, the more firmly my brain and tummy got in sync with each other, so little signaling of DD hungries after awhile, regardless of what my macro percentages were. The longer I ate some of everything, the more normally balanced I became. Yay!

Know that lots prefer staying low carb and have nothing but support to offer them. We all know or have to find out what makes us feel and look the most fabulous.

Congrats on the great weight loss. Happy you're back where you like to be with the number on the scale. Continued good JUDDDing!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #60

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
As I read all your post I am not sure I should even tell you all about me

I have been here in Main since May 1 and find it just so hard to do at times. Last night ( it was a DD ) I ended up with the jar of peanut butter and ate ever too much, I think about 1/4 cup!

Today I just wish it was over ( the dieting part ). I do not like it one bit!

I do love JUDD and when it is going well for me, I really love it! But, but what is wrong that I am having such a hard time

I did have some ham yesterday and the scale did show about a 1.5 # up, but I expected that.

I want to be like the rest of you all here and enjoy the UD & DD!

Sorry for the downer!

Just Me - Leona
I'm sorry, Leona. You sound really 'bummed' right now. I was slim most of my life until, oh.. sometime in my 50's, when I began to gain weight like crazy. Obviously my metabolism crashed and burned, and I really have no idea why.

So, I know I will never be free from following a diet again IF I want to maintain my accomplished weight loss forevermore. That's just the fact of my later life. Darn! Well, OK.. that being the case and nothing I can change, what's the next best thing? For me, it's maintaining on JUDDD, and not just for the freedom to eat anything, as you might suspect from many of my posts.

I finally realized that weight fluctuations of 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 pounds just happen normally, to normal people, regularly.. like they do with me on JUDDD. But I never used to know about that, because when I was skinny.. who weighed? Who cared? Not me. So I'd have never known that I wasn't exactly the very same pounds every single day.
Now I no longer worry about the fluctuations unless I go over my top limit, which is pretty generously set. Because, at least for myself, I know so many things can influence that weight, chief among them water retention/water weight gain from various food choices and activities of previous days.

Is the reason you're unhappy and eating more than you'd wanted because you're hungry, or because you're bored with your DD food choices, or because you're mad that you even have to be doing this? Or any other reason?

If you tell us what your troubled feeling is now, what difficulty you run into that makes it hard for you right now, maybe we can all come up with some good suggestions to help you. Hugs! I know when it's hard.. well, it's just hard.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote