Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Jenny, all of my kids are grown & I didn't crochet much when they were young. Since they've been grown I crochet every chance I get! My oldest granddaughter wanted to learn when she was about 17. I was so excited that at least somebody in my family wanted to learn to crochet! That didn't last long enough to finish a dish cloth! So, I salute your son for going so far with knitting!! He's a young man to watch!!! I hope your job search finds the perfect job for you.

Hopefully when I feel more secure with doing JUDDD, I will spend less time on the computer. I asked my DH the other day if it bothered him that I'm on it so much lately. He said absolutely not! He's proud that I've found something to help me in my weight loss journey. Plus, I've told him what a great group of people I'm beginning to know!

Shari

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
The scales are really dragging me down. Am just down one pound since the beginning of the month. Had a lot of bouncing the first part of the month then since I kind of got rotations under control it has sort of settled into a one pound variance that is driving me crazy. AFter every DD I think, "today is the day", but no, same old number. Today I am just taking a break from counting. I am not going crazy with food choices. JUst going with the flow. It will be the first day I have not logged into my counter since Aug1. Tomorrow back to business.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Wow, so many knitting fans!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bows1 View Post
My blood pressure is never lower than it is in the evening when I crochet!
Yay!

It sure keeps my hands too busy to use the computer, or to eat...the other day I didn't want to put down my project long enough to make lunch, so I thought about snacking on some almonds & crackers, but I couldn't even do that because I didn't want oils & crumbs to get on my yarn!

Nice to hear from everybody...I happen to be between projects right now, so I'm writing some emails, washing dishes, paying bills, etc before I start something new. But I gotta run, so...ciao! Will be thinking of you all, my BUDDDs.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi ladies,

Brighter spirits prevail today. I would love to say that this has been the first hurt by DW's family and I'm realistic that it will not be the last. I can continue to be who I am and try to think about where they are coming from or just remind myself that sometimes people suck like Dawn said
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
So today, I'm having a hard time staying in my DD calories. I think I'm OK now with 539, which is not too bad, but I haven't felt that way in awhile. I've also been so *tired* this week. I don't know what's up, but I hope it passes soon!

p.s. Carly, so glad you're feeling better. Sometimes a day does wonders for the perspective, even if the realities haven't changed. Good for you for working through it.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:25 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bows1 View Post
I'm thinking that I lost extra water early on, and this is no cause for concern. Am I thinking correctly? Thanks JBs!!
As far as I (an insatiable reader/researcher) can tell, initial weight loss is always water weight. It is your body's way of screaming WT? when you move into a new WOE.

Don't worry if weight loss slows down. It takes time for JUDDD Magic to take hold. Those little Sirtuin proteins are hard at work in your system now - cleaning out dead cells, enhancing and adjusting a lot of other enzymes, gradually saturating your system and changing you over to a fat-burning, muscle-protecting engine. Be patient and keep rotating. The magic is coming.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
Thank you, Nancy! I woke up this morning after starting JUDDD last Wednesday and am at the same weight that I started with. *sigh* I did weigh every morning so I did see that weight go down, but then it ultimately came back up I think I'll not weigh every day this next week; maybe after DDs but not every day. Too early to wonder if JUDDD does work for everyone..lol..I'm just being a baby! I need to give it more time and just be patient.

Deb
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:12 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Deb, you're not being a baby. You're hoping for great things, which will happen. We all want to lose truckloads of weight the first week.

I didn't have a scale when I started. Then I bought and returned two lousy scales. Then I went on a holiday for two weeks.
I'm SO glad it happened that way, because even though my pants got looser and looser and I felt like a million bucks, it turns out I didn't lose anything the first month!!!
Lost whacks the second month.

The wish I always have is for us to focus on getting easy with Juddd - finding out what works for us on UDs and DDs so that Juddd can do its thing.

Take heart. Besides, if you lost too quickly, you might be out of here before we got a chance to know you better.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Kristin reminds me of an oh so important point that (I suspect) cannot be repeated too often:

Take and record measurements. If that does not float your boat, we still have an ocean to cross. So, set aside just-too-tight clothing (don't wear it or it will stretch). Try it on once a week. Watch what happens.

IF/Caloric Restriction frequently results in loss of inches before loss of pounds. Chuckle, in one three week period my scale did not move. But, over those weeks I lost eleven inches here and there.

The scale eventually woke up and caught up (down?)...but it was too late: I was already in a smaller clothing size.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Wonderful answers Kristin and Nancy. Thanks. Several people seem to be experiencing Emotional Down Days right now.

I feel resistant today. I can't say why - other than it's a DD and I'm already hungry. It's foggy and I'm sure I'd feel more positive if the sun were shining. However, I know this works! This month I've been all over the place with the rotations but I've done my best when I could and am relieved to say I haven't put any weight on. Without JUDDD I know I'd have gained several extra pounds by now. Instead, I've done a lot of bouncing up and down the numbers and I'm so glad I understand how that works.

We tend start any weight-loss scheme with high hopes and an intolerance for our current size and weight. I've learned that patience is a requirement with JUDDD. This isn't just a lose-weight-quick plan. I've noticed that many of the long-experienced JUDDDers are careful to refer to it as a Way Of Eating.

It's a way of allowing our bodies to heal and start to function optimally. That, ultimately is a huge gift but it takes time. Eventually, when the healing process is completed, we'll see many more benefits than just a dress size or a number on a scale.

On this forum, I've read amazing stories of mental and emotional healing. I've read revelatory insights – and had a few into my own attitudes and behaviour. There are wonderful stories of people with eg. arthritis or high cholesterol seeing amazing improvements.

I feel so much for those of you who are feeling despondent! Dive into the threads here and read other people's experiences. Make sure you understand about Sirtuin and how it works. Take heart. Please remember you are so much more than a number and don't let the scale tyrannise you.
Flossyliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

The support I'm receiving from you all is so wonderful! Thank you, thank you!

I guess the biggest thing at the moment is that I was LC'ing before and had been stalled, so I was hoping for a loss this first week. I did get back on the scale after a little while (!!) and was down 2 pounds so YAY!

I think the HUGE realization I am having (I mentioned it in another thread) is that I no longer feel guilty for *eating*!!! My whole life, LC'ing or not, I have held onto that guilt, but no more!

I really don't want to know what my measurements are at this point LOL so I will try the tight clothes thing and see how that goes. I already have noticed a difference in how my clothes are fitting (including my bra!)

Thank you all again SO MUCH for the advice and support! I hope I will get to the point soon where I can offer such wisdom!

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] the good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.~Rom 12:2
Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Good Wednesday Morning!
I am staying off the scale. I have decided to give JUDDD 2 months with no added pressure. I struggle as I am (working on) quitting cigs at the same time. I carry my water bottle around as I used to carry my smokes and have those plastic toothpicks stashed around the house. It is hard. I struggle. I pray and I try to stick to JUDDD rotations. I had a good down day yesterday.
I want to knit!!!! I have needles and yarn but just can't get the hang of it. My neice crochets and tries to get me started but she is a lefty..........nuff said.
I would love to find a part time job to supplement my Social Security. Not sure I could manage anymore as I have some health concerns. Also I like to be available to help family out as needed. I spent most of the summer helping to care for an extended family member as he died of Renal Cell Cancer. It is heartbreaking, but, also, an honor.
I have learned that I do fine with food on any given day till I eat. After any meal I then have to fight binging. So now I hold off as long as I can with coffee and small bites of pnut butter to take with my pills. After I eat I focus on waithing 3-4 hours to eat anything again. I am training myself to give up my 1 meal all day long habit.
Hugs to all of us that are in pain, physical or emotional, and know that I care.
Blessings,
Pat
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.

Last edited by Patkid; 10-24-2012 at 06:09 AM..
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

OH dangit! I pushed the wrong button and lost the post I had written!

ANYWAY

THANK YOU ALL *so* much for the advice and support! Wow! I hope I can offer such wisdom!

I did get back on the scale a few minutes later after a morning umm 'event'--I'm so impatient--and I had a 2 pound loss WOOHOO! So that's a loss of 2 for the week and I'm claiming it. I did notice that my pants are zipping easier, so I do need to give more credit to that, and not rely on the number on the scale so much.

I was stalled, doing LC yet again, when I switched to JUDDD, but am still LC'ing on UDs because I just feel so much better when I LC.

*Thanks* again for all the wonderful support and friendship!

Deb
Old 10-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #254
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Debs, you are doing great, slow and steady wins the race remember. You have had wonderful advice here, and I vote for the tight clothes method of judging our successes too.

Pat, I think that giving up smoking must be so very hard. I really respect you for taking on JUDDD at the same time. Hopefully it will help your body heal all the faster.

PJ, I too am so impressed by your son's commitment to the knitting. he may turn into a fabric designer or something, who knows. Glad you have rediscovered a gift and one that will help you out financially too. Good job lady.

Carly, glad you are feeling somewhat happier.

Had a big food day yesterday so enjoying my DD today.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Best wishes to all. There are times when putting one foot in front of the other is all we can do. It is always good to read and reread the advice from the long time JUDDD buds.

I still feel like a newbie trying to find my way. The frustration over the scales has derailed me a couple times and I think it is better for me at this point to put them away for a week and just focus on the rotations. I hope that my body is doing something similar to Kristen and one of these weeks there will be a big dumping.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Wonderful answers Kristin and Nancy. Thanks. Several people seem to be experiencing Emotional Down Days right now.

I feel resistant today. I can't say why - other than it's a DD and I'm already hungry. It's foggy and I'm sure I'd feel more positive if the sun were shining. However, I know this works! This month I've been all over the place with the rotations but I've done my best when I could and am relieved to say I haven't put any weight on. Without JUDDD I know I'd have gained several extra pounds by now. Instead, I've done a lot of bouncing up and down the numbers and I'm so glad I understand how that works.

We tend start any weight-loss scheme with high hopes and an intolerance for our current size and weight. I've learned that patience is a requirement with JUDDD. This isn't just a lose-weight-quick plan. I've noticed that many of the long-experienced JUDDDers are careful to refer to it as a Way Of Eating.

It's a way of allowing our bodies to heal and start to function optimally. That, ultimately is a huge gift but it takes time. Eventually, when the healing process is completed, we'll see many more benefits than just a dress size or a number on a scale.

On this forum, I've read amazing stories of mental and emotional healing. I've read revelatory insights – and had a few into my own attitudes and behaviour. There are wonderful stories of people with eg. arthritis or high cholesterol seeing amazing improvements.

I feel so much for those of you who are feeling despondent! Dive into the threads here and read other people's experiences. Make sure you understand about Sirtuin and how it works. Take heart. Please remember you are so much more than a number and don't let the scale tyrannise you.
Flossyliz, what a wonderful and uplifting post, and so very true.

Today is my one year JUDDDversary, and I am so thankful that I found JUDDD a year ago. It wasn't always easy, especially at the beginning and during long stretches of no downward movement. I was one of those who didn't really start losing until almost a month into it (I actually bounced up higher in weight 3 weeks in), and never lost at anything more than a snail's pace. I'm glad I stuck with it though, because it really works.

I got to goal for the first time in my life doing JUDDD (currently a few lbs above due to a recent failed NK experiment, but I know JUDDD will bring me back). JUDDD has done wonders on a number of physical health and also emotional issues I used to have. It's taught me so much about my own body. It's also the only way I can reliably lose weight and the easiest way that I know of to maintain weight.

Last edited by vilanteira; 10-24-2012 at 08:48 AM..
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Happy JUDDDiversary Vilanteira! That's an amazing accomplishment! You are one of the success stories that keep me going. Thanks!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Happy JUDDDiversary! YAY!!

I can't imagine ever hitting goal WOWOWOW

I have *another* question LOL:
My heart feels like it's pounding sometimes, and at times I feel like I have very mild menstrual cramps..is this 'normal' for starting out on JUDDD or are those MORE symptoms of pre-meno?

Deb
Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, ladies.

Deb, I haven't heard of menstrual cramps being related specifically to JUDDD, but I personally have experienced the heart racing at times on DDs. I haven't been able to find anything conclusive on that though.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #260

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
No info on the cramps issue. The heart racing could be due to an electrolyte imbalance. Are you drinking broth, or otherwise getting enough sodium?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #261

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Happy Judddiversary Vilantiera.... Mine is any day now.

I have no help to offer on the cramps but I have heard folks mention the racing heart. You might want to post a new thread so everyone sees this question?

Last edited by Kissa; 10-24-2012 at 10:36 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Good idea Kissa

Dawn: I have HBP (well under control w/ Lisinopril) so I watch sodium intake carefully. I had some broth on a DD last week (love the stuff) but I retained lots of water, so I plan to do that every once in awhile.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Happy JUDDDiversary Vilanteira!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Thanks Vilanteira.
And Happy Anniversary.
What a lovely and inspiring JUDDD story you have to share!
Flossyliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Happy JUDDDiversary, Vilanteira!!

Shari
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, you sweet JUDDD BUDDDs! Today happens to be a DD for me, and I'm just amazed at how different today's DD is than my first one a year ago (which I seriously had to white-knuckle it through).
Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, sweet BUDDDs!

Whoosh back down to my low weight this morning yay! I haven't seen this weight in awhile since I was LC'ing only and was stalled before changing to JUDDD

ANDDDD I'm having a bullet-proof coffee this morning to start off my UD and may I say MMMMM!

So I am aware fully that I was just being impatient yesterday with my complaining and I can't promise it won't happen again, lol, but i'll try to remember all of the wonderful counsel I received from my new buddds! What a terrific group of ladies (& gentlemen)
Old 10-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Best wishes to all. There are times when putting one foot in front of the other is all we can do. It is always good to read and reread the advice from the long time JUDDD buds.

I still feel like a newbie trying to find my way. The frustration over the scales has derailed me a couple times and I think it is better for me at this point to put them away for a week and just focus on the rotations. I hope that my body is doing something similar to Kristen and one of these weeks there will be a big dumping.
Look how far you've come!!
Your stats are wonderful.
I have put my scale away for a bit as well.
Blessings,
Pat
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaos0100
Stats: 415/269/
WOE: JUDDD - started 6/25/12
Start Date: 3/27/12
10/18/2012 300.8
10/19/2012 300
10/20/2012 298.2
10/21/2012 DNW
10/22/2012 290.8
10/23/2012 292.6
10/24/2012 DNW
10/25/2012 294.x

10/18 was my first day of lowering my UD calories from 2300 to 1800. As you can see, I dropped from 300.8 to 290.8. However, I had stomach issues on 10/21 and 10/22, so I don't think this is a valid weight, since I barely ate. It was yesterday before I really had my appetite back. So naturally this morning when I weighed, I was back up to 294.x.

Just wanted to vent over my sad weight situation...lol. I'm hoping this new 1800 UD will start to let me drop some more weight. I am measuring, weighing, and counting the crap out of everything, so I know pretty much to the calorie how many calories I'm taking in...I'm anal like that.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #270

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Karen, one way or another, it'll work out. You had fantastic losses while you weren't feeling well. I'm hoping that's not what it takes for you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote