Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Special thanks to whoever mentioned HWC as sauce

OMG, tried it with my steak today (with added mushrooms) and it is absolutely fantastic...

Recently someone mentioned on one of threads (which I can't find now so I can identify the person) using HWC to deglaze the pan after sauteing a steak. It came in at the right time as I saw a beautiful rib eye, inch thick, and wanted something to go with it...I used the cream with some mushrooms and am so glad I did.

BTW, including a NSV on the chat thread...has anyone else noticed how much less you are eating on your UD's? For example, this steak was about 18 ounces and I remember well the days I would have eaten the entire thing in one sitting...today, four ounces filled me up...

I was never a binger, but truly enjoy my food and have done so for years. I now have an entirely different attitude to food which I attribute to this woe. AND I've mentioned before how great food tastes now....every bite is a joy...I guess I'm still a foodie.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Yes - I eat MUCH less. I'm shocked at my grocery bill - and shocked more to think of how much I was eating before!!!

PS - where are you in SoCal, Mary?
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 161/157/140 5'7"
Start Date: September 2012
I'm only up a pound after yesterday's UD which was pretty indulgent IMO. I'm impressed and hoping this is a good sign for a downward trend. I gained last week because of TOM and was getting discouraged. I know it's TOM and not anything else but it's still discouraging to be following a plan and gain, if that makes sense
thirteenblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteenblessings View Post
I'm only up a pound after yesterday's UD which was pretty indulgent IMO. I'm impressed and hoping this is a good sign for a downward trend. I gained last week because of TOM and was getting discouraged. I know it's TOM and not anything else but it's still discouraging to be following a plan and gain, if that makes sense
Awesome! I always love seeing a reasonable post-UD #, since it usually means a nice whoosh on the next DD. This rotation, for whatever reason, my #'s were reversed, lol! Whoosh after an UD and then a trickle post DD - may be due to lots of salt in a bit of broth I had yesterday though. Seriously lots of salt, lol..
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Wonderful 13B! Yes, TOM numbers seriously get me down. I don't understand why, unless it's that my hormones don't allow me to think normally. I mean, I KNOW it's not fat, I KNOW I haven't eaten more than usual. I KNOW it's water and bloat. Why does that number freak me out??? Girl stuff
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Back to basics for me as I've been slow this month (won't use the S word) and I keep saying that the bod is just adjusting to the lower weight and giving itself time to adjust...so it was the Dukan Pancake & turkey bacon for breakfast and the cabbage, chicken, laughing cow thingies for supper..gotta start losing again before I get overwhelmed...Wait a minute, I love this woe and know it's not a sprint, it's a marathon and I can do it at my own pace...just relax, Mary!

Hey LoCarbGal, I'm in the I. E. out on the edge of the desert...you?
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post

Hey LoCarbGal, I'm in the I. E. out on the edge of the desert...you?
I'm right smack dab in the middle of the Coachella Valley! Loving this cooler weather!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Mssarge, you've lost a lot of weight so far! Congratulations!!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
This is just a random thought....I feel like I've come across so much fat-hatred on the internet lately...it got me to thinking whether bullying or belittling someone is an effective way to inspire them to change their habits, or to achieve their goals?!!! (That's mostly a rhetorical question!!!)

That judgmental, "anti" attitude isn't just directed to fatties, but to gays, smokers, food stamp recipients, etc etc etc.

I know *some* people are motivated by it; there are success stories of people being told "you'll never amount to anything", "you have no talent" or whatever, and they get MAD and say, "I'll show them!!!" And they go to college or get their book published or go to their 5,000th audition, and they win! Yay!!!

But who's to say they wouldn't have been just as inspired by kindness?

And others, perhaps the larger percentage of people, don't respond well; they may even be driven to despair by constant criticism and cruelty.

Anyway, I was talking about this with a friend, and she said it reminded her of a lyric from a song she loves:
"Your kindness leads me to repentance."
(It's inspired by a Bible verse, Romans 2:4). We discussed repentance as meaning "to change"; not just to feel ashamed, but to actually change one's behavior, intentions, understanding.

I'm not always patient, I often say the wrong thing, but I definitely respond better to kindness, so I try, try, try really hard to be kind!!! It's the basis of my parenting--not with 100% success, I admit; but I just can't stand parents who always assume the worst of their kids, who accuse them and criticize them and push them away. Good gracious, why did they ever have kids in the first place?!!!

I'm not religious or anything, but the quote really moved me and I thought I'd share that with you all.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #100

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dear PJ, this is such a powerful post. I hope I am kind most of the time, but I know that I am often too sharp with my nearest and dearest. My parenting leaves a lot to be desired, although I love my girls to distraction.

I must try to do better.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Well stated, PJ.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #102

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Love this PJ. I have been on the receiving end of both criticism and praise, and can tell you which I prefer. When I'm praised for a job well done, it makes me want to continue to do better and better. Though I will say, when I was in first grade, I was slow learning to read (I was also the youngest in my class!). The teacher told my mother that I would either never learn to read, or would not excel at it. Thankfully, my mother pulled me out of that school and got me into another. Within weeks I was reading at a 4th grade level. That has stuck with me to this day. Want to know what I got my B.A. in? English, of course! Just to spite that teacher!

I'm guilty of having a short fuse with my daughter, but I really do my best to never criticize her. If she's done something wrong, I criticize the behavior, not the person, if that makes sense. I think we could all learn a thing or two from your post. Thank you for sharing.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot......I meant to put the above in the context of being kind to ourselves, too!

(I've been mulling all this over for about a week...
but I got all verklempt and disorganized when I tried to write it down...
I think that darn TOM is on his way! )

It all got started when someone posted that they felt like a failure for not staying on their diet...and it sort of put me into a funk, remembering a time when I was cycling through near-suicidal depressions every two weeks (I'm on a very effective medication now, thank science!). One time a friend asked why I didn't go to therapy, and this burst out of me--I didn't even know I felt this way: I'm not worth it!
(I was also terrified that if anyone knew how messed up I really was, my son would be taken from me. So I tried, every day, to be "normal" and hide my pain. PS--I wasn't "messed up" in the sense of being abusive or not able to take care of him; I would have gotten him somewhere safe!)

If I feel ashamed of myself (because of my weight, but other things as well), I feel undeserving of good things; and that includes taking care of myself.
And it got me to thinking, if people are trying to pressure/shame fat people into not being fat, perhaps it is backfiring...making some of them less likely to do healthy things for themselves.
I found this quote, from Marilyn Wann: "You can't hate people for their own good."

And, pretty unrelated to weight loss, but in regards to bullying & internet trolling:
"Nothing good ever comes from discouraging an artist." --Kevin Smith
(I'm sure we could substitute other words for "artist". )

I'm sorry I'm going so off-topic!
Since I don't keep a diary or journal any more,
I guess this is where all my ramblings end up!

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: PS
Old 10-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Sure apprecaite your posting this, PJ!!

Love You!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
...when I was in first grade, I was slow learning to read (I was also the youngest in my class!). The teacher told my mother that I would either never learn to read, or would not excel at it. Thankfully, my mother pulled me out of that school and got me into another. Within weeks I was reading at a 4th grade level. That has stuck with me to this day. Want to know what I got my B.A. in? English, of course! Just to spite that teacher!
Awesome!!! Yeah, you showed HER!!!
(And kudos to your mom, too, for being supportive.
My parents weren't like that...they never took my side on anything.)

Quote:
I criticize the behavior, not the person, if that makes sense.
It totally makes sense!!! I do the same thing; I've read/heard that bit of advice several times.
My parents (mom & step-dad) were always telling me that I was (and I'm not exaggerating!!!) selfish, inconsiderate, lazy, sneaky, greedy, dishonest. And, this wasn't when I was a teenager; it was really bad by the time I was 8 years old. It crushed me...I'm still trying to get the dents out!!!

And, I don't mean to sound conceited or anything, but I really wasn't. I was just terrified of them, and some of my "bad" behavior was my trying to avoid them, or avoid their criticism; and when they "caught" me, I was too terrified to explain myself. Or, it was pointless; I'd just get in more trouble.

And, btw; it drives me crazy when people say that all my suffering (there was other bad stuff, from other adults ) made me who I am, that I wouldn't be this strong if I hadn't gone through it. Well, I would like to know who I would have been without it!!! I know lots of people who weren't abused, who had awesome supportive parents, and turned out just fine!

Annnnnnnddd...I don't mean this to sound like a pity party.
It's just a rant...people shouldn't be mean to kids!!!

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-13-2012 at 06:37 PM..
Old 10-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #106

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
PJ ! I think that may have been the only time my mother was supportive, and I think even now it was more because she knew I was capable, but it was a poor reflection on her if I didn't succeed ~ she was a teacher too.

I totally get everything you're saying. You give us so much, and maybe you wouldn't have been the same person with a different upbringing. Maybe you would have been a better you, or maybe worse, but you are you now, and we YOU!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
PJ,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
PJ ! I think that may have been the only time my mother was supportive, and I think even now it was more because she knew I was capable, but it was a poor reflection on her if I didn't succeed ~ she was a teacher too.
Oh, darn it! I'm sorry she didn't support you more often!
That "poor reflection" thing...ugh!

Quote:
I totally get everything you're saying. You give us so much, and maybe you wouldn't have been the same person with a different upbringing. Maybe you would have been a better you, or maybe worse, but you are you now, and we YOU!
Thank you!

Boy, I am a mess tonight! It might be TOM,
but I also got an email from my mom today, telling me she'd gotten married.
(Ok, I'm being melodramatic; it was to my step-dad; they've been together 34 years. So I guess it's not a big deal. But the e-mail was addressed to my sister, too . They live in Oregon & she lives in California. She's their daughter (my half-sister)...why wouldn't they want her there, or to know about it?!!!)

Just a big yucky reminder of how weird and disconnected my family is.

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-13-2012 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 10-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
PJ, where's that darn "like" button when you need one?!

Alot of your post could have been written by me or many others around here, I'm sure! I just want you to know that I'm glad you posted all of it! Where else can you feel so loved and accepted, if not here. I've only been here a very short while; but, already I've felt the compassion & caring. Hang in there. The dreaded TOM won't last forever!

Shari
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

PJ,
Old 10-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #111

As we say over here, "None so queer as folk."
Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacci48
Stats: 242/237/140
WOE: Judd
Start Date: August 23rd 2012
We do indeed Cindy and its very true!!
jacci48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Hi all, this is a bit off topic but how do I put my picture onto my profile to show on here, it wont load the file?
Any hints and tips would be strongly appreciated!!

Thanks...x
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #114

I am using Mac, and I am really not good at this. I move a photo I want onto my desktop then choose it from there...

I am assuming you are going to User Control Panel then to Edit Avatar then to Choose File. etc...

Last edited by Kissa; 10-14-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Old 10-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
I was horrified how large my avatar turned out to be but I've no idea how to shrink it!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hi gang!

popping in for a pop question-- these new(is) pop things that some people eat-- I found some in the grocery store, they were called something like korean style pops... small bowl shape, made of corn, about 20cals for 1 (about 5g weight each).

I can't figure out what to enter them as in my food counter-- I could create them custom, but was wondering if anyone already puts them in and what you call them?

thanks!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Ive done it....got my avatar up, the gorgeous little girlie is my little grandaughter!!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Love the avatar, jacci. What a darling.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cici. She is , bless her, she was a very big surprise and I do feel far to young to be a Nanna but she is such a joy!!x
Old 10-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Answering my own question I think some people call them "magic pops" or something-- finally found a reference. I found them in a local grocery store, so I just tried one.

Ok, back to being freezing cold ttyl
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote