Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
There's no panicking with JUDD. :) (long post)

Definition of panicking: noun 1. a sudden overwhelming fear that produces hysterical or irrational behavior.

That's how I used to feel when I was doing LC, got back from a long vacation and saw the kind of number my scale showed me yesterday morning!

I'm back home from an awesome, awesome eight day fun fest on Waikiki Beach! I did practice Fast-5 every day except the last day when we went to the Shorebird for a buffet breakfast on the beach and I ate things like a chocolate, coconut macaroon cupcake -- for breakfast!!! (I also had fish and eggs, but also had half a gooey cinnamon bun!!) All of it was totally "worthy".

I also had more Mai Tais than I should have throughout the week. And, one evening I drank a Pina Colada -- something I have not had since my honeymoon almost 40 years ago!

Whew! It feels good to confess.

So, even though I brought my body weight scale with me and weighed every single morning, it didn't really keep me accountable. I was just having too darned much fun in the sun.

The good part: I brought my callanetics 10 in 10 DVD and did it every day but one. We walked miles and miles and swam in the ocean almost every day. So, lots of exercise.

And, I had a blast!!! Monday night DH and I had dinner over looking the ocean with JUDD BUDD, Seabreezes and her DH. It was fantastic!

The bad part: Yesterday morning the scale was up a whopping 10 pounds. I cannot button my plaid shorts. I wore stretchy capris on the plane home. Yikes!

The strange part: I don't feel regret, panic, hopelessness or self-loathing. what's up with that?

Yesterday I had my first welcome-home DD and made it through with a bullet-proof coffee made with only 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. I had an incredible amount of energy even though my body is still on Island time. (3 hour difference and I slept in until 9:00 a.m. yesterday and today).

This morning the scale was only down -1.2 and I wondered, what's up with that? Usually I see a bigger whoosh on my first post-vacation DD.

Still, I don't have the old negative feelings. I made my choices. I didn't feel out of control when I ate and I knew I was taking in lots of empty calories and too many carbs. It's just that I wanted to eat all the fresh papaya, macadamia nut crusted fish, baked potatoes, some awesome bread and tasty treats at dinner time every day. So, I did.

The only bit of anxiety I've had is this morning when I realized in less than 2 weeks I leave for a 10 day trip to Florida. For some reason I thought I had a full 3 weeks before boarding a plane again. This is motivating me. I've got 12 days to knock off this 10 pounds. Time to get in to serious rotations!

Realistically: Part of the gain has to be water weight. Flying does it to me. My body clock being off does it. And, I'm just not regular yet. I have every confidence that settling back into JUDD rotations will forgive all my vacation "sins".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I'll come back to this thread and post my progress this week to keep me accountable.

BTW: I would post some photos, but I took all pictures with my new smart phone and have not figured out how to get them onto my computer yet. I did Google for instructions, so will try to work on that today.

Honestly, I didn't take a ka-zillion pictures. We were just having too much fun "being".

It's good to be back with the BUDDs!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Yam, lovely post! So happy your holiday was wonderful.
Some encouragement:
I don't weigh regularly, but I was feeling far too porky by the time I left for my last trip away. Tight pants, etc. A bit scared to weigh. And while I was on holiday, I ate without regard for JUDDD after the first day or two.
So. I got back, and I was porkier than ever, and more afraid than ever to see the NUMBER. I also fell off two or three DDs - couldn't do them successfully for the first time ever.
Instead, I dropped carbs for a couple of days (to get rid of cravings), and upped fat as an experiment. Within a few days I felt okay cycling again.
I weighed myself a couple of days into this experiment, and was freaked out by the huge number, even though I'd probably already dropped a couple of pounds.

Anyway (get to the point, Kristin), less than one week after that weighing, I'm seven freakin' pounds down! I can hardly believe it!
Don't know what's because of sirts, or fat, or a more moderate appetite with JUDDD. Whatever it is, that's faster loss than I've had the entire time I've been here. And I've been here almost six months.

So. My point is, maybe you don't need to worry at all about your upcoming stuff. Maybe, once again (how long will it take me to absorb this?), Juddd will do the job.
It's like it's hard to believe it works as well as it does, even when it proves itself to us over and over and over.

Love. Juddd.

All the best, Yam. Glad you're back.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
back. Sounds like a fun trip, and any damage done will soon be undone.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #4

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Welcome back Yam-Yam and I love your positive attitude. I am with you, a lot of it will be water weight, and what isn't a few good rotations will take care of it.

You and I are so alike. I, too, want to enjoy all the good things in life and still stay slim. JUDDD has given me this joy. I have total faith in the JUDDD magic to do its work once I honour the rotations and my weight loss numbers.

Glad you had a great time.

Last edited by Kissa; 09-30-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

JoyJoy! Kristen! Thank you! Thank you! Wow, did that ever encourage me right now. When you said you were down 7 pounds after just one week, that gave me more JUDD confidence!!

I have had some pretty huge bounces up and down in the course of this journey so far.

Yesterday's DD was kinda tough but not impossible. I kept busy with unpacking, doing laundry, making lists and planning my week. Kept my mind off food except for when I had to make meals for DH.

You are such a wonderful JUDD BUDD and I cherish you!

I have not had anything but regular coffee and some ice water so far today. I'm thinking about having some coconut oil for lunch with whatever I have to up the fat like you said. I'm going to keep carbs low.

Thanks for sharing your experience and for encouraging me. If you think of anything else, please let me know! I can use all the motivation in the world right now.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 09-30-2012 at 12:21 PM..
Old 09-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Dawn and Cindy! It feels good to be here. I missed keeping in touch. I brought my Kindle but our room had a cable connection so I was not able to get on line.

It's fun coming here and getting caught up, though. I trust you are right and this "porkiness" (love the word porky, Kristen!) will be gone soon.

And, Cindy, I always appreciate you reminding us that life is to be enjoyed. All of it. Including food!!!

Now, in a few days if I don't see friendly numbers on the scale you will hear a different tone. I'm going to try and keep the positive attitude and get back to JUDDing with confidence. I think that's the best plan.

I've also needed a kick in the butt to get back to the gym for more cardio. I think this is it and I'm planning to get there first thing tomorrow morning. Wish me much JUDD luck and forgiveness, ok?????
Old 09-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
You got this! Those numbers will be down in no time.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

It was not too tough getting the pictures. Yay! The Avatar of me is on the beach by Duke's for those of you who know where that is. That's the best swimming area anywhere, IMO!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hey Yam,
Something else has my head spinning this week.
I know they're just words, but we talk about luck and forgiveness as though we've screwed up and we need to do penance or leap over tall buildings or appease the gods or something.
But non-dieters don't freak out like this, do they? They go away, they live it up, their pants get tight, and they return home to happy eating routines.
I'm thinking we could do that, too. Maybe there is no need to look for forgiveness or luck.
I know you know this. Just yapping to myself.
It's so weird this week. I couldn't get back into low DDs. So I started at 800 and am working my way down. Last one was 600, and today may be 500. I hardly ever went above 400 on my DDs before.
So why the big loss? No idea. Makes me laugh to think I can lose while doing DDs twice as high as what I was doing before.
Crazy and wonderful.
I'll just beam that your intelligent, beautiful body does what comes naturally this week.
You're a JUDDD queen.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #10

You are right. We don't need forgiveness for enjoying a holiday!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Great point, Kristen! That's probably why I'm not feeling guilty, apologetic or mad at myself. I'll just trust the process and feel normal! Yay!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Yam - welcome back! Your vacation sounds divine and I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself.

Kristin - I just had to jump in and say great posts!

My friend and I were talking just the other day about this. "Normal" people overeat, go on vacation and pig out occasionally. Then they just cut back here and there without needing to punish themselves.

For some reason we feel the need to be contrite and that's just not being nice to ourselves. I am super guilty of wanting to lower the boom on myself after a "side trip" off JUDDD. I really need to work on that. And I'll have a good opportunity as I go out of town next weekend. LOL!!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur

Last edited by ellgee; 09-30-2012 at 01:21 PM..
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
Yam-Yam, I love this post so much. Any plan that can reduce the return-from-travel crazies and self-loathing is definitely a healthier path to follow. And way to go on keeping up with your exercise!
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #14

Please excuse the threadjack... but well done on your great losses this month Laura. I spotted it on the daily weigh in and meant to say something then it slipped my mind.

Have fun at the weekend.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Awww, thanks Cindy! It was a great first month back.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I, too, want to enjoy all the good things in life and still stay slim. JUDDD has given me this joy. I have total faith in the JUDDD magic to do its work once I honour the rotations and my weight loss numbers.
Can I just say, this is a beautiful thing! And all the stories of fun vacations with the scale coming down quickly afterwards .... I just love it.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome back Yam Yam!
I'm trying to shed my vacation weight as well as TOM bloat! It is so true that we don't need luck or forgiveness. We had a great time vacationing and the weight will come off and maybe take a friend or 2 with it
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Welcome back to the boards, YamYam. Love your new picture!

You will be back to where you want to be in time to leave for your next trip!

Happy JUDDDing to ALL.

Hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Yam Yam...love the avi!....showing how much fun you had!!! So glad you are back. Always miss you. Can't wait for the upcoming positive reports when you're right back where you want to be! I am confident in JUDDD and you!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Phyl: You are so right. I have decided my vacation gain will be gone in a week but the lovely fun memories will last a lifetime for sure! It was totally worth it. I'm still thinking about the chocolate coconut macaroon cupcake I had at the Shorebird our last morning on Waikiki. OMGosh! It was soooo good. I've been looking up recipes on line. I love coconut. It's a chocolate, moist cupcake with a hidden center of coconut mixed with either almond extract and cream or with ricotta cheese. Then it's topped with a gooey chocolate/butter runny yummy icing.

You can tell I'm going to be making these one day on an UD, right? But not until after I get back to my pre-vacation weight! Something to look forward to.

Hi Seabreezes, my Good Friend! We had such fun with you and your DH at Chuck's!! Thanks for getting that lovely table. What a view, huh?

Usually after 7 days of any vacation I'm more than ready to come home. Not this time!!! I so wanted to stay in Oahu. I miss it terribly.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Almost forgot to report. The scale stayed exactly the same today after a good UD yesterday. I'm fine with that as I chose to enjoy some whole wheat bread and some pasta with dinner. It all fit in to my calories but it's probably not helping me get rid of water my body is still holding on to.

Today will be a great DD.

I promised myself I will go to the gym and the pool every day this week (Mon-Fri). Today I plan to head out at 1:00 p.m.

This morning I managed to wake up at 6:30 even though I didn't sleep well at all last night. I woke up at 1 a.m. and didn't go back to sleep until 4 a.m.! That's not enough sleep for me (went to bed at 10:30 last night).

Oh well, I feel ok and upbeat and energetic. Maybe my body is just re-adjusting after the trip. It's all good.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
YamYAm is back~ Yea So happy to see you back Ya know i agree whole hearted with everyone who has helped you so far.. and again i just willl add, life is more fun if we LIVE it.. All your progress is not undone.. You have a few stuborn pounds that jumped on board No biggie..I am glad that you have the right frame of mind too on that.. You did nothing wrong, you lived life.. enjoyed your time and your DH.. And weight loss or gain can be address later!! You look amazing.. and i am so happy you returned to us to share you story.. cant wait for more pictures~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
YamYAm is back~ Yea So happy to see you back Ya know i agree whole hearted with everyone who has helped you so far.. and again i just willl add, life is more fun if we LIVE it.. All your progress is not undone.. You have a few stuborn pounds that jumped on board No biggie..I am glad that you have the right frame of mind too on that.. You did nothing wrong, you lived life.. enjoyed your time and your DH.. And weight loss or gain can be address later!! You look amazing.. and i am so happy you returned to us to share you story.. cant wait for more pictures~
Thanks, Kimberly! I you!

232323232fp53634-nu=3239-2---;4;-232-2---3-;;5ot1lsi.jpg
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hope you had a good DD.

We so enjoyed our evening with you and your hubby, too. Come back soon. The table is always available! We'll be there tomorrow evening.

Hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Hope you had a good DD.

We so enjoyed our evening with you and your hubby, too. Come back soon. The table is always available! We'll be there tomorrow evening.

Hugs
Think of us tomorrow. We miss you Hula Girl! Hope you are feeling as good as you look!

Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and I had a great, successful DD! 380 calories total and I'm still energetic at 8:30. Hope I can sleep tonight! I'm water logged from drinking lemon water all day. I might have to sleep in the bath tub to be safe.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Sounds marvellous; both the holiday and getting straight back on plan?
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Three pounds gone as of this morning. Seven to go and then downward from there.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #30

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote