Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
TOM 15 days apart

jeepers creepers. I am 48... presumably perimenopausal. I have had a short period cycle since having twins 16 years ago, and heavy. but 15 days??? I read that this may mean I did not ovulate at all last cycle... and vlc dieting can affect this.

anyone else notice with JUDDDing any untoward impacts on TOM?

why some old bag my age (Or a little 12 yr old, for that matter) needs a dang TOM at all is beyond me!!!! erggg.
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I've been the reverse- getting longer between each cycle as months go by
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I've only had two recently, but they were closer together than I'd like.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Have you been following this thread?
How bad does TOM affect the JUDDD experience?

Sorry about the TOMs...mine have been a little shorter (2-4 days, so 26ish instead of 28-30ish) since I started JUDDDing. Hoping they will get a little longer again now that's I've stopped JUDDDing!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/156/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Have you been following this thread?
How bad does TOM affect the JUDDD experience?
A growing concern to some is how IF/JUDDD may effect TOM, rather than the other way around.

Paleo for Women | Shattering the Myth of Fasting for Women: A Review of Female-Specific Responses to Fasting in the Literature

Last edited by SlimNana; 09-30-2012 at 09:28 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Haha, I didn't notice that...but toward the bottom of page 1, the conversation switched from how TOM affects JUDDD weight loss to whether JUDDD/IF affects the TOM cycle.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I'm just going to put some of my experience here. I don't know if it'll help anyone or not. I'm still trying to figure some of this out.
A couple months ago I decided to combine LC/HF with JUDDD. My periods were all over the place. One time I start 20 days after the last time I started and then the time after that was 7 weeks later. Also I started having trouble sleeping. Major mood swings. Around that time I read the article on Paleo for Women. I really thought about giving up JUDDDing. I even started a thread about it a while back.
I decided before I gave up juddd I would first try not eating LC/HF. I eat a little more than before on DDs. I don't count carbs.
I am sleeping 100 times better but I haven't been doing this long enough to tell if the cycles are back on track.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

I just wanted to add that my weight isn't as low as I want it to be but I want to take care of my body in all aspects. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it needs. For now eating a little more on DDs and eating some carbs is helping with sleep.
We are really learning as we go aren't we. Sometimes I feel like a lab rat!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 150.2/148/120
Start Date: Aug 26 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I'm just going to put some of my experience here. I don't know if it'll help anyone or not. I'm still trying to figure some of this out.
A couple months ago I decided to combine LC/HF with JUDDD. My periods were all over the place. One time I start 20 days after the last time I started and then the time after that was 7 weeks later. Also I started having trouble sleeping. Major mood swings. Around that time I read the article on Paleo for Women. I really thought about giving up JUDDDing. I even started a thread about it a while back.
I decided before I gave up juddd I would first try not eating LC/HF. I eat a little more than before on DDs. I don't count carbs.
I am sleeping 100 times better but I haven't been doing this long enough to tell if the cycles are back on track.
Thank you for this, Jbinme!
If you've seen the other thread, I've been really worried about how IF/JUDDD has been affecting my cycles so I think I'm going to try just calorie counting instead of combining LC/HF with JUDDD.
We become so focused on weight loss, we don't realize how taxing it can be for the body and that taking care of it should be our first priority.
Spoonful of Happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
I'm going to keep an eye on this... I have only been LC on my DD... because carbs are not that filling, so mostly been eating protein and cabbage... just this past week I have been more HF/LC on DD (eg bullet proof coffee) to see... but on my UD, I eat tons of fruit, granola bars, spuds, etc (within calorie limits, and with prot, veg, fat). hmmmmm....

I was on the pill for a few years, pretty much continuously for around 3 months and then a mini-period, and then another 3 months etc. cuz I found bleeding like a stuck pig every 3 weeks or so a bit of a drag in a new relationship ()... but I felt like the BC pill was contributing to creeping weight gain , and once BF and I settled down a bit (we have now been together 3.5 yrs), I thought well go off BC pill (about a year ago) and see if maybe it's not so bad. Ugg. I am tracking it, and will speak to my doc soonish to see if I have any options such as ablation or IUD.

and sorry if TMI

Last edited by tooraloora; 09-30-2012 at 05:53 PM..
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

I love having an IUD. I've had it 4 yrs. My dr said most stop having their period but I still have mine. Light and not too bad except when it got out of whack like I mentioned above.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote