Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Calorie Counting on UD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/784210-calorie-counting-ud.html)

lowcarbinca 09-28-2012 07:02 AM

Calorie Counting on UD

I just can't seem to bring myself to it.:p
I think that counting calories/carbs/everything on an UD would make me feel like this is a real 'diet' which would make me hate it.
I know in the very depths of my soul that if I were to count everything on UD (and stop eating out every single UD!! :o) I would lose faster.. but as long as I'm losing even a little bit (and getting toned super fast from 10 in 10 - Callanetics is amazing!!) I am still psyched to eat, literally, whatever I want every other day, and still lose weight.. even a little at a time.

I don't eat sugar, ever, but I have been eating normally off-limits foods for me, like tortillas or chips at a restaurant, breadsticks, and whatnot like crazy every single UD - it *is* an addiction, and so difficult to stop - but I'm perfectly 100% OK on DD, which is the craziest thing. :dunno: No cravings, no thoughts of cheating, no real hunger.. but on UD, I always seem to rationalize my way to a restaurant! What is up with that? LOL!

Anyway - I know that I could be losing faster if I were counting and careful on UD too, but this wouldn't be nearly as easy.. I have enough tough stuff to deal with, so I'm opting for slower and happier. At least until I get impatient. :lol:

SO - the point of this post (and if you've read this far, you're a trooper!) was to say Thank You! You're all such a great and supportive group, always so ready to answer questions and provide wisdom... I know I don't always take the advice given, but that's the 'stubborn' in me - it doesn't mean I don't think you're right, it just means I like to go my own way. ;)
:shake: :console: :hugs:
You :sing:

Talarone 09-28-2012 08:00 AM

I count like 1 macro (protein) and lower my sugar / carbs, and up the fat...round the numbers, if im 100 off, who cares....as long as you're in the right ballpark, you should be fine...just try not to go 300 over or something lol.

gotsomeold 09-28-2012 08:04 AM

As you say, as long as you are losing it is all good.

If you never stall (or get curious) maybe you will never count UDs.

lowcarbinca 09-28-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15976836)
If you never stall (or get curious) maybe you will never count UDs.

I'm more likely to get impatient than curious, lol! ;)

Joyjoy 09-28-2012 08:28 AM

Honey, :notwrthy:
If I found myself losing without counting, I'd be there in a heartbeat, and can think of a bizillion ways to spend that time and energy rather than doing simple arithmetic all day long. I dream of losing easily without the attention to numbers.
The truth I had to look squarely at in the mirror is that my sizable rear end and thighs were the result of eating waaayyyyy more than I needed. The math is a kind of meditation for me these days, a way of keeping my mind open to the reconciling of my superficial, sometimes crazy desires (eat, eat, eat) and my body's real desire (eat enough and eat beautifully in order to thrive and be radiant).
You go, woman. I'll live a vicarious freedom by watching your posts. :):heart:

lowcarbinca 09-28-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 15976931)
Honey, :notwrthy:
If I found myself losing without counting, I'd be there in a heartbeat, and can think of a bizillion ways to spend that time and energy rather than doing simple arithmetic all day long. I dream of losing easily without the attention to numbers.
The truth I had to look squarely at in the mirror is that my sizable rear end and thighs were the result of eating waaayyyyy more than I needed. The math is a kind of meditation for me these days, a way of keeping my mind open to the reconciling of my superficial, sometimes crazy desires (eat, eat, eat) and my body's real desire (eat enough and eat beautifully in order to thrive and be radiant).
You go, woman. I'll live a vicarious freedom by watching your posts. :):heart:

:hugs: Thank you! :) I AM sincerely going to try to stop eating out so much though - it's killing my bottom line financially, even if it's not affecting my bottom line literally any more, ha ha.. There's never a time when I eat out and don't think 'I would make this better at home' - so it's not even about the food. I think it's psychological, lol.. I serve others all day long. I take care of my kids, I help my clients, I help my family, I do whatever anyone else needs allllll dayyyy long. In a restaurant, even if I don't actually ask for any special treatment, I know that if I want more ice in my cup, I can ask for it, and they'll get it for me without any sighing or eye-rolling or expecting anything in return (other than a tip, lol). :o It's nice, being taken care of, and I'm willing to pay for it, lol. Just not THIS much! ;)

sterlinggirl 09-28-2012 08:43 AM

Hey good for you!~ I dont count either.. i just eat when hungry Stopped counting per say a while ago and that semed to help me(less stress) Due to i began eating things just for the calories and not due to hungar.. So wtgo you~:heart:

Joyjoy 09-28-2012 08:45 AM

And that is why i want to be Kimberly when I grow up. :):heart:

sterlinggirl 09-28-2012 10:15 AM

:hiya: Joyjoy..Miss all you girls~ I stop in from time to time to check on every one.. Life just got real busy~:hugs: Love ya girl~

Kissa 09-28-2012 11:22 AM

I seldom count these days but I am in Maintenance..........

If it ain't broke, don't fix it though.

Carly 09-28-2012 11:44 AM

I don't count much on most UDs over eating while awake was never a real problem for me. Not keeping anything caloricly expensive that I may eat at night has been most helpful and probably would have made any plan successful, but feeling totally free to eat what I want on UD and only do a very loose count if any is great! I know this would not work for a lot of people since they were probably awake while over eating. I think I gained as much as I did on vacation because we had a lot of junk around at night that I ate while sleeping.