Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Talarone
Few questions...

So, I'm used to the 20 hour fast, 4 hour eating window style of eating with low carbing it up, 1900 - 2000 calories per day, 5'9 and 154 pounds at 18 years old...

So this pretty much makes it where i can eat 2000, eat up to 500, then eat 2000 again, while keeping a deficit of about 1500 calories per other day, resulting in loss?

So, thats how it works? Also, since im lowering overall calories, and i have a cheat day once a month, should i make more DD's or should i just eat normally until my cheat day? What if i eat 0 calories on my DD? Eat stop eat says that your BMR only decreases by a max of 200 calories, and thats even in extreme 500 calorie a day deficits....

Thanks!
Talarone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
See: UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed

Plugging in your numbers, assuming light exercise, your UD calories would be up to 2181, your DD calories 436.

With that many calories allowed on a UD, you shouldn't have to have a "cheat" day, just have it as one of your UD's. If you go over, just go back on plan the next day. No need to restrict other things, just shot for healthy eating on UD's.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Talarone! Great to have you with us!

I'm pretty new, so I won't try to give you advice. I do believe in the large "spread" between DD and UD calories as being the secret to success. But my understanding is that, yes, it's the overall calorie deficit that causes, or contributes to the weight loss. Seems like there's a lot more going on in our bodies than just that though....good stuff.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #4

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
wow, I just gotta say, how we all differ!!! I am just over 6' tall and weigh twice what Talarone does, yet I gain like MAD eating 2000 calories a day, even for one day, keeping the carbs under 20 all the time. *sigh*

just consider yourself lucky. You won't keep this fantastic metabolism your whole life and it would be so great if you had the weight issue under control when it gets worse. *hug*
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

There is tons of great info in the JUDDD threads and Dr. Johnson's calculator will give you your exact UD/DD calorie limits. There should be no need for a cheat day on JUDDD since no food/s are off limits even on your DD. You could eat all 500 calories in the form of chocolate if you wish. I wouldn't recommend this as it would not be nutritious, but JUDDD only cares about your calories. Honor those and you are bound to lose. If you are close to goal it may be slower than those of us who started with more to lose, but many come to JUDDD just before maintance and lose past goal. I think it is the best WOE! I've lost 50 pounds in less than 7 mos. First ten were on LC and I felt deprived constantly. The last 40 pounds were on JUDDD and I only had to *diet* half the time!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

There is tons of great info in the JUDDD threads and Dr. Johnson's calculator will give you your exact UD/DD calorie limits. There should be no need for a cheat day on JUDDD since no food/s are off limits even on your DD. You could eat all 500 calories in the form of chocolate if you wish. I wouldn't recommend this as it would not be nutritious, but JUDDD only cares about your calories. Honor those and you are bound to lose. If you are close to goal it may be slower than those of us who started with more to lose, but many come to JUDDD just before maintance and lose past goal. I think it is the best WOE! I've lost 50 pounds in less than 7 mos. First ten were on LC and I felt deprived constantly. The last 40 pounds were on JUDDD and I only had to *diet* half the time!
Haha thanks! I think this works better because you're still at a caloric deficit, but you don't HAVE to obstain from food, though you can....way easier to manage, also nice to know i won't yo-yo from this.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh, there is a whole lot more going on with JUDDD than eating at a calorie deficit. Check out some of the stickies at the top of the page and the non-scale victories thread. Those of us who are - shall we say - youth challenged, are seeing health and appearance improvements that are beyond remarkable.

As far as 0 cal DDs go, it will depend on how your metabolism works. Some of us stall if we go very, very low or no cal on DD. Some of us lose faster that way. I encourage you to experiment but keep the DD/UD rotation going. A lot of the magic is in the rotation.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Oh, there is a whole lot more going on with JUDDD than eating at a calorie deficit. Check out some of the stickies at the top of the page and the non-scale victories thread. Those of us who are - shall we say - youth challenged, are seeing health and appearance improvements that are beyond remarkable.

As far as 0 cal DDs go, it will depend on how your metabolism works. Some of us stall if we go very, very low or no cal on DD. Some of us lose faster that way. I encourage you to experiment but keep the DD/UD rotation going. A lot of the magic is in the rotation.
Alright! Thank you! Hopefully this will work while trying to gain muscle when i get to that point..just up my DD cals by 100 or UD by 100-200 xD