Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetthang07
WOE: LC, Zumba 3x per week, Callanetics 3x per week
Start Date: 1/7/13
8 weeks and STILL not working...

So I promised I would give it a month. Here I am at 2 months and no weight loss. Inches supposedly bit I don't think I can fool myself any more. I canot convince myself anymore that i am losing inches and not lbs. I think I have been measuring wrong. I am at my whits end. I originally wanted to have 20 lbs gone before new years but now I am 2 months behind. I know I haven't been perfect and have had my share of UUADs. I just don't have the control I did on low carb. I tried to do both but it just hasn't worked for me. I am unbelievably frustrated right now and thinking I will never lose the 50 pounds before yhe weddding next summer. Not to mention I can't go dress shopping looking like a whale because I will cry andfeel as hopeless as every time I try on clothes and rmind myself od how I hate and will always hate my body. I planned dress shopping around xmas but it looks like I will dread it as much as any other clothing shopping experience I have ever had. *sigh*
sweetthang07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I'm so sorry that you're having such difficulty. If you're on a timetable and need to consider something else, you should. Is there another plan you have in mind?
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Well I lost doing low carb with calories at 1,000 or less. I lost 20 lb in a month. I notice that my body doesn't lose steadily...ever. The times I have lost is in large sweeps so I was hoping that would be the case but I can't keep waiting. I am so frustrated. This summer before i tried JUDDD I had been doing lc with 1000 cal or less and lost nothing again. Then I found this woe and thought it might work but like everything my stupid body doesn't react to anything the way I want. Grrrrr
Old 09-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I don't know if you've mentioned elsewhere, but if you wouldn't mind giving us more stats along with your UD/DD cals and a sample of what you're eating, maybe fellow JUDDDers can help brainstorm some ideas or help figure out some possible options for you? Or if not, maybe you'd like to check out this thread for some ideas?

Shake It Up, Baby! (for no loss/too slow loss/the diet-weary, etc.)

I'm so sorry that you've had such difficulty and hope you find your way soon.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
I understand what you mean about having more control on low-carb.
I started a new LC plan a few days ago
(talking about it here, if you're interested: Not JUDDD, but -3.6lbs in 4 days)
and am having such good appetite suppression!

Sorry for your frustrations. :hug:
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Low carb usually works for everyone. Sorry you are not having success, maybe there's something you are eating that's causing the weight to not budge? I think you should try low carb. I know in the beginning if I had tried JUDDD It would not have worked because I can't go up and down in food like that, I need a set pattern to adjust to and more control over what I eat every day like you said. Try doing low carb.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I am sorry that its not working for you,, I do feel your pain in hoping for that magic and not getting your reward when you worked so hard for it.. I pray you do find what works for you and your body
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Sorry to hear you feel so out of control. You are being tyrannised by a date in the future and it's causing you to panic.

We create our future by our actions here in the present. So, best to focus on a plan for now.

Do you keep a diary and log your daily cals? Do you plan your meals for the day in advance?

You say you've "had your share of UUADs." Have you learned what's the trigger for them?

Ultimately it's about finding what works for you that you can stick with. It's more than just numbers for a short-term goal. It's about self-empowerment and keeping the weight off, not having it all pile back when we finish a crash diet.

You lost an astounding 20 lbs in one month. That proves you have awesome will power.
Please make this about the whole you, not just some dress size.
I hope you find something that works for you and that you can be comfortable with.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
As vilanteira said, if you don't mind sharing some of your DD/UD/UUAD numbers and the foods you are eating, I will gladly join in the brainstorming. I lose a bit then totally stall on LC - know how pound your head against the wall frustrating that feeling is

The other thing that occurs to me, and I am sorry if this adds to the stress you are already feeling, given your history of success followed by stalls is health can play a role in weight loss. When was your last physical? Was anything out of wack? How do you usually feel? Sometimes numbers on a physical do not tell the whole story.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Definitely do something else that'll relieve your unhappiness.
Something that you can follow w/o binging.

Those UUAD's are probably the culprit.

Maybe do LC/JUDDD....or, really, it's whatever works for you.

There's still enough time to achieve a hot bod!!
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Oh, I sure do know what you mean about shopping for clothes when the weight is higher than we want. You've got some really good advice here, especially the observation about the tyranny of the deadline.

This is what works for me: Low Carb JUDD, no UUAD. Find LC replacements for trigger foods (spend time in the kitchen creating food from scratch). Last, but not least - keep to the calorie schedule.

Last edited by Luv2Eat; 09-25-2012 at 09:15 AM..
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthang07 View Post
So I promised I would give it a month. Here I am at 2 months and no weight loss. Inches supposedly bit I don't think I can fool myself any more. I canot convince myself anymore that i am losing inches and not lbs. I think I have been measuring wrong. I am at my whits end. I originally wanted to have 20 lbs gone before new years but now I am 2 months behind. I know I haven't been perfect and have had my share of UUADs. I just don't have the control I did on low carb. I tried to do both but it just hasn't worked for me. I am unbelievably frustrated right now and thinking I will never lose the 50 pounds before yhe weddding next summer. Not to mention I can't go dress shopping looking like a whale because I will cry andfeel as hopeless as every time I try on clothes and rmind myself od how I hate and will always hate my body. I planned dress shopping around xmas but it looks like I will dread it as much as any other clothing shopping experience I have ever had. *sigh*
I agree with all the previous advice but I also say go dress shopping. It might be the inspiration you need to leave the UUAD's behind or to stick with pure LC or any other plan you choose.

I think for most people who've lost weight there just comes a point where you want it gone so badly there's nothing in the world that will stop you. I'm not saying that you don't want it badly enough today at all. What I am saying is that sometimes something tangible like a wedding dress (as opposed to a distant date on the calendar) can steal that resolve in ways nothing else seems to do.

You know you can lose (20 lbs in a month - impressive) maybe you just need that little extra push.

I'm at goal and just trying on bridesmaid dresses was enough to haunt me into no uuad's over the summer.

Try to remember too - when trying on dresses the number on the tag has nothing to do with your self worth.

(Of all segments of design why in the world hasn't the bridal industry succumbed to the whole vanity sizing thing? You would think they would be the one group of designers that would want to make you happy in the dressing room.)
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Hi there! The only thing I noticed when you gave an example of your day was a LACK of fibre (ie vegies & fruit). I know you are low carbing but maybe you are lacking vitamins that make your body burn efficiantly? And also, are you drinking enough water?

I know it is frustrating... I almost always fail when I give myself a deadline Maybe you could go and try dresses on now until new years, just for the hell of it, so you start to feel more confident in a wedding dress, and as a motivator.

Losing weight isn't easy, although some may get the impression it is when reading some posts from happy loser's. It's so hard, I know. We can beat ourselves up and say "why is it so easy for everyone else and not for me?"... I do it myself.And I also suffer from my own self sabotage.

Don't let this deadline for a dress do your head in. Try them the size you are now. Find nice dresses, that look good on. Then if you CAN lose weight, take it as a bonus. Then when it get's to the point of buying one, you will see you in the dress, not the woman you wan't to look like. Be kind to yourself
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I'm glad you went to the doctor! You have some red flags flying for something being out of balance in your system.

As far as showing a two pound weight gain at the doctor's office goes, I don't think that is cause for panic. That could be a bounce. Or their scale could be calibrated slightly differently than yours. Or, if you do not usually take your weight at that time of day ... well many of us who get curious and experiment with hourly weighing see our body weight changes drastically over the course of a day. (If the scale does not bother you, and if you have time, the hourly weighing experiment can be amazing.)

Two things occur to me that you can do while we wait to hear from your doctor:
1) You are eating a lot of processed food. I encourage you to track sodium/salt intake the same way you track calories and carbs. Sodium can play havoc with your body's hydrolic system. And - guess what? - those little fat cells play an intimate role in storing and hydrating. I ran an internet search on 'daily rda salt' and came up with an average of 2300 mg. I worry you may be exceeding that.

Ancillary to monitoring salt intake is the question of how much water do you drink daily?

2) I know there are people who flourish on zero carbs, VLC, LC. But I encourage you to run some personal experiments eating at different carb levels (and I do mean carbs from veggies - let's not allow the potential complications of wheat/bread/gluten into the experiment). In the over two months I was stalled on LC (before I came to JUDDD), I tried eating at a lot of different carb levels. And found my body tends to hold onto weight unless I eat over 100 carbs/day. The weight you have already lost may have changed your carb needs. I encourage you to experiment. Reintroducing carbs does tend to cause an initial bounce. But that should wash away very quickly and, once gone, allow you to get an accurate idea of how your body reacts to carbs now.

Repeat: I am really glad to hear you and your doctor are exploring this!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 09-26-2012 at 03:13 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 03:13 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Hi

I know how hard it is to have a deadline. I had a summer date to slim for and I found JUDDD too slow for me. Like you I find I either lose in a whoosh or very slowly indeed so I treat JUDDD as more of a maintenance WOE.

What did it for me was VLC (around 600 cals a day) Stillman diet for a week. Hard going but I dropped 6lbs that stayed off with JUDDD. I then stuck to Atkins low carb with JUDDD but kept my UDs to 12000 calories a day. So you still cycle but not on full UDs.

That should shift the weight.

My only observation is that your diet on that sample is not that healthy - lots of fat and sugar. If you want to rev your metabolism and keep insulin levels healthy you'd do better on adding more veg and healthy starches and cutting back on the pure sugar.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
... but kept my UDs to 12000 calories a day.

Thank you for that one Stargazer!!!

I am sure someday I will be able to breath normally again (without bursting into hysterical laughter). But, oh oh oh, I am also sure that is how some of the other WOEs read our UD eating reports.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 09-26-2012 at 03:53 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 03:59 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Hi, I would echo the concern about fibre in your diet. One thing I do that works is low carb on DDs only. This not only makes it easy to get enough fibre on UDs, it also exacerbates the difference between the UDs and DDs in terms of not only calories, but the types of food eaten. this increases the disruption effect, I find.

I'm not going to boast of any great weight loss, but it's no mystery. I've had weddings, christenings, holidays, new nephews, anniversary parties etc over the last two months and have been glad to be able to lose a small amount despite all that.

Good luck, I hope you find the button.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Oh dear. Even on double chocolate cheesecake could I mange that total. I am numerically challenged.

stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Please don't stress about the 2 pound higher weight on doctor's scale. I went to the Dr last week, and was a full 6 pounds more on their scale! At first I said "no *$&#^ way!" but then I realized that my 15 year old, basic, not very expensive scale may not be exactly calibrated correctly, but at least I do get the general downward trend from it.

And by the way, I AM claiming the lower weight from MY scale!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
I think you have lots of great advice here and I hope things start working for you. I had something from my experience that I thought of that might be helpful. I have set weight goals for myself probably 100's of times. I would have an important event coming up and I would pick a weight that was perhaps humanly possible to get to then I would plot out how much I would need to lose each week to get there. This type of goal setting works great for most of my other goals in life but it really was awful for weight loss. After a few weeks I would always start to fall behind what I had plotted out that I was supposed to lose then I would feel really negative about myself, get frustrated and eventually I would give up. This last time around I tried really hard to focus on my success looking back over the previous week. I would find any positive no matter how small and try to focus on what a great job I was doing even if all I had done was not gain. I took off my "goal weight" in my stats because it made me feel like who I was now wasn't maybe good enough. This redirected a lot of my energy from being hard on myself to giving me energy to stay on plan. I also tried to think about all the great things about DD's and UD's. I still bounce back into old ways of thinking. I still think maybe where I am at now isn't good enough even though I never thought I would get here! Anyway, I try to stop dragging myself down with these thoughts as soon as I notice them.
I like the goal of becoming as healthy and fit as I can by a certain date. This kind of vague goal makes each week a fun challenge to see what I can accomplish.
SICCHI's idea of finding a dress that you are happy with now and then seeing what you can achieve over the months ahead sounded like a good idea to me.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Some great advice from the Buddds!

When I have a wobble and am tempted to drop the plan, I remind myself this is about my health for the rest of my life and not just about my goal weight.

The big realisation for me has been that, while I'm actively trying to lose weight, I have to decide whether I want to "spend" the calories on a cappucino at lunchtime, or on something healthier, like a big salad with my dinner.

Sweetthang, I hope you are feeling much better about yourself today and that you can discover what will make this easier for you. Good luck with the medical tests.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thinking of you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hvrijssa
Stats: 118/110/100
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 2012
I'm also struggling to see the weight go down on the scales. I've done low carb for a long time and got stuck to a point where it was impossible to lose anything. My diet became very healthy but with age the pounds would stack up and wouldn't go away no matter what I would do to stop the trend.
Then I decided to join the gym as my last resort to try and burn off the fat (notice I've been doing regular exercise all the time, like running and walking before joining the gym). When I started at the gym my weight continued to go up, but I didn't give up. I then decided to start judd about a month ago. The weight is now going down very slowly and I've lost 4lbs in 6 weeks on judd. I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the weight loss, but I also noticed that my clothes are getting loose and I had to move my belt back 2 notches!
So my advice is: don't change what you are doing, give it some more time. Also, as other ppl said here, change your meals to more healthy things like veggies, salads, fruits and nuts. You will get more bulk in your stomach from veggie and fruit and that will make you feel satisfied and prevent you from craving more food.
Good luck!
Hvrijssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #24

Hvrijssa! Thank you for this great post. Brilliant advice.

I am so thrilled that you experiencing the shape changing benefits of JUDDD, and although we all love to see the scales move fast, slow and steady is good too.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Wow, thanks again for all the help. Blood tests came back fine. Waiting for a lyme test to return but glad my thyroid is good. I know I have lyme bc I got the big bullseye this summer but they wanted to see if they can get a positive blood test for a specialist referral. Anyway, I am going to try to go to 1500 UD and 500 DD to average 1000 cal per day since that is what I lost with last time. I am also going to try to stay under 40g of carb too. I have been eating strawberries and blackberries for lunch this week to get more fiber. I am also going to try to eat only a small lunch and dinner on UD to avoid going over my calories. I hope that will help!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I don't know what your exact stats are, but if you are a 30 yr old female, who is 5'5" your DD calories should be 394. If you are older they should be even lower. Have you checked Dr. Johnson's calculator for your DD calories? I could not lose if I at 500 calories on DDs. I know everyone is different and many lose with 500 calorie DDs, but maybe lowering those and keeping your UD numbers would help.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

I am 25, 5'3 and the calc had 1998/400 at 20%. If I lower to 1500/500 then I will average 1,000. I don't want to go below that or I will binge from hunger.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Have you tried those numbers? I know the lower the DD the better my losses are regardless of being a little over or under on an UD. In the beginning I couldn't eat all UD calories every UD, but did so once a week so my metabolism wouldn't slow down. My UDs are lower now and I can eat them all especially if going out.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #29

Hope this works for you Sweetthang. But Carly has good points there. We don't want you metabolism to slow down. Do you take Resveratrol?
Old 09-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthang07 View Post
I am 25, 5'3 and the calc had 1998/400 at 20%. If I lower to 1500/500 then I will average 1,000. I don't want to go below that or I will binge from hunger.
If your calories are 2000/400, going to 1500/500 seems a rather drastic cut on your UDs. As Carly & Kissa mention, cutting UD calories too much can either have little effect or even slow your metabolism. Have you tried 1900/500?

If you do go ahead with 1500/500, I think Carly's idea of eating up to your UD calories once a week is a very good idea.

Good luck!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote