Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   A look in inches in reverse... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/783916-look-inches-reverse.html)

2BoysMom 09-24-2012 03:37 PM

A look in inches in reverse...

Well...this is interesting indeed...

I went back to the last time I weighed and measured before my wagon swan dive and compared it to where I am today. We often hear how the tape may show losses that the scale hasn't caught up to yet, so I am here to advise you that it works the same the other way around, too.

The last time I documented my measurements was June 13. 3.5 months ago or so.

Since that time I have gained 8.4 lbs...but to put things in perspective, I have added on 13 inches. Yep...13 inches. Just a few of the nightlights, that is 2 in the waist, 2.5 in the hips, 1.5 around my ribs and 1.25 in each thigh. That isn't all of it, of course, but you get the gist. No wonder my clothes don't fit worth a darn...

So, if you are just starting (or restarting) grab that tape measure, and make sure you aren't just tracking the scale. Those other measurements will surprise you as you go along - I promise!

gotsomeold 09-24-2012 03:55 PM

Great example! Excellent advice! It is good to have you back.

leonak 09-24-2012 05:03 PM

So nice to have you back! I can relate to your ### up too!

In June I did not count a thing and gained 3 # in just two months. I had the hardest time to get those 3 # off, took me about 2 months. just so hard to do DD & UD after being off!:cry:

Now i am right on the money and never want to have to gain as it is just too hard to get back in the grove for me. I now continue to count calroies and do 3 DD and 3 UD and 1 MD a week. It is going good now.

I know the same will happen for you, just have to go with the JUDD plan!

:heart: Leona

vilanteira 09-24-2012 06:17 PM

Welcome back! I'm hoping for that JUDDD magic to kick in for you soon! :clap:

This is definitely good advice. I noticed this a few times when I regained weight. The weight wouldn't go up that much at first, but for some reason clothes would keep getting tighter, and I'd justify in my mind that I shrunk my clothes in the dryer, or I was bloated or ate too much, etc. Meanwhile I really was regaining the fat/inches and my body composition was rearranging itself for the worse, so it took a little longer for the weight gain to catch up. Horrifying when I realized that.

It's so easy for me to talk myself into believing I'm not actually gaining either weight or inches and I don't even notice the denial until too late. I've committed to both weighing and measuring regularly along with paying close attention to how clothes fit, pretty much for the rest of my life. I just can't handle the thought of gaining it back.

gotitnow 09-25-2012 01:23 AM

Your thoughts are exactly why I KNOW I will always have to count my calories!!! I KNOW myself too well!!!!

Been in maintenance close to 7 months and have asked myself a few times if maybe I could just "coast" and not count, BUT, naaaaaah, I finally decided it was a pretty good trade off!! Ask me how I know this!!!

Count. Stay slim. Okay, I "give." (for now anyway):hyst:

Phyl:heart:

Whitlin' 09-26-2012 03:40 PM

Marianne, so glad you might be posting with us more. :up: You are so bright and this post is helpful, as many of yours are. We learn with every experience we have, not just the happiest ones. Sometimes the ones that frustrate us are the ones that help us the most down the road!

Joyjoy 09-27-2012 09:56 AM

Marianne, welcome back. And thanks for this post. Very helpful. :):heart: