Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #31

Gallery: Ai Xin
Stats: 145.2/140.4/123 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: September 24, 2012
I'm new as this is my 2nd post, but you have inspired me in a large way. I have been reading through new and old post and have become even more encouraged to try JUDDD. Your story was beautiful and made me shed tears. I love to read so If you had written a novel I would still be here glued. You look amazing! I'm 29 and I hope I look as good as you at 40.
Ai Xin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
bless you dear heart, you are in a lovely place with yourself right now. so so proud of you.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
and thanks for sharing. You really hit the nail on the head when you mentioned how important it is to be honest with the family... you never know who you've touched with your words....thanks for being you.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Dawn i have not been on here to often and i missed this I want to say first off, You look amazing no matter what your age.. its only a number, thats what i keep telling my self as i approach 46 in a few days my self
Your story was so familuar , it has tones that reflect my own life and i applaude you for sharing it with us here. We love you~ Your DH is one lucky man,and to hear you tell it, sounds like you also were blessed !! May you next 40 years be filled with even more joy than the last 40 Love you girl~
1994 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Congrats and a belated !!

I'm mostly a lurker on this board because I haven't yet stuck with JUDDD long enough to make a real go of it. Off and on since last year. I keep talking myself out of it since I don't lose very fast on it.

But I've quietly stalked you as you've lost the weight. You have been my inspiration to keep trying.

I too have thyroid issues (diagnosed last year suffering for far longer) so I keep reminding myself that if Dawn can do it so can I.

By the way... my name is Dawn also.

I guess right now I'm kind of beating myself up over the many times I've stopped because if I had continued I may have made it to where you are now instead of still struggling.

But seeing this thread has spurred me on to recommit.

Thank You!!

And keep on
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Thank you to everyone for all the kind comments and encouragement. I especially want to thank the newbies and lurkers for feeling comfortable enough to comment on my thread. I think that may be the most wonderful feeling, to be able to inspire someone else.

Come join the fun Dawn! The more, the merrier. I'm so pleased that I can give hope to even one person. Everyone here has been so great to me, and if I can pass on just a tiny smidgeon of hope or knowledge or encouragement to anyone else, I really feel that it makes it all worthwhile.

I'm not really sure why it "clicked" with me this time, and the only thing I can really attribute it to is JUDDD, and maybe that I was ready to lose the weight. I've thought I was ready before, and honestly put forth every effort, and would just get so discouraged with all the restrictions or slow/sporadic losses, that I just couldn't stick with it. JUDDD just doesn't frustrate me the way other plans have. I love that I can have whatever I want every other day, and I lose fairly steadily.

When I've slowed down, I've been given very good advice on these boards. Everyone here is so smart and well-read and giving of their time and energy. I've never before felt confident enough in a WOE to be able to take a maintenance break, but with JUDDD, I did. My body needed the rest, and I listened. That was back in May/June. I went into higher calorie DDs but kept my rotations, still lost a little bit, and rested my brain. I was able to go right back into WLM with no regrets or recriminations. I'm starting to feel a little bit like I'm ready for another maintenance break. I'm learning to listen to my body. I'll give it to the end of the month, and see if I still feel the need to relax a bit, and then will decide. With JUDDD, I know my unreasonable timelines are no longer important. There's something very freeing about having faith in your WOE to work for you in the long term. I never got that with LC or Nutrisystem or daily CR, or anything else I tried.

JUDDD rocks. BUDDDs rock! This forum rocks!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Dawn,
Holy Moly, I go away for a couple of weeks, I come back, and find out Dawn has become a supermodel!!! You look radiant, and you are a radiant example of what happens if you choose JUDDD day after day, week after week, and month after month.
Thanks, thanks, thanks for your history, your choices, and your inspiration.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Dawn, you're one of the first people I was "tracking" or stalking LOL when I first came from hcg here to JUDDD. Whatever you have to say, I am paying attention. Good or bad or questioning or even venting, your words are powerful. I am so happy for you! You look fantastic and you are learning to be kind to yourself - and that's what I want to be like also.
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote