Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'm back! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/783743-im-back.html)

kimberino 09-21-2012 10:39 PM

I'm back!

Boy have I missed y'all! So many new faces- can't wait to catch up.

Four weeks ago my life turned upside down. My beautiful mother had a heart cath done and was told that her main artery was deteriorating and she would need emergency open heart surgery. Doc called the problem a widow maker on steroids. So I packed up and headed to Georgia to be with her. Believe it or not, I am 50 and this is the first time our family has experienced anything like this. I consider myself extremely blessed because of that, but was truly unprepared for all the emotions of this event. Thank God we had a wonderful surgeon and mom's bypass surgery went beautifully.

Through all this, I put JUDDD on the back burner and concentrated on mom. However, the JUDDD magic stuck around and I was able to maintain with no problem.

Anyhoo, I'm back on track now and excited to peruse the forum and read up on all I've missed. I (and mom) would covet your prayers for a speedy recovery. She is battling some post surgery depression and a spike in blood sugar, which the dr has said is a result of the surgery stress.

Glad to have a special place to come home to.

Flossyliz 09-22-2012 03:18 AM

Good to meet you Kimberino and glad your Mum's op was successful. I hope she soon recovers.
Well done for maintaining during such a stressful time!

Jbinme 09-22-2012 03:23 AM

Kimberino-:hugs: so glad you are back. Sorry for what you and your Mom have been going through. I'll keep you both in my thoughts. :hugs:

gotsomeold 09-22-2012 03:36 AM

:console: I am so sorry you and your family had to go through this.

I have way too much experience with unexpected emergency surgeries. I know there is hope that, once your Mom recovers from both the physical stress of the surgery and the emotional horror of this glimpse of her own mortality, she may actually find herself feeling better than she has in some time.

It is great that you were able to maintain your weight through the nightmare.

Your family, and especially you and your Mom are in my prayers.

brewstate 09-22-2012 06:36 AM

So glad you are back! My dad had quadruple bypass surgery about 8 months ago and the first 2 months are awful! I don't think he ever thought he was going to be the same again but then something switched and now he has more energy than he has in years. Hoping she feels better soon!

KeirasMom 09-22-2012 07:05 AM

It's good to see you. :hugs: for all you're going through. We've missed you, and are so glad to have you back with us!

Carly 09-22-2012 08:22 AM

You, your mother and whole family are in my prayers. So glad you were able to maintain through all the stress.

mykidsteacher 09-22-2012 08:27 AM

Glad your mom is doing well. Praying for her recovery.

My dh survived a 95-99% blockage in the widow maker 5 years ago. Fortunately, the doc was able to stent it. But even with that, his recovery was pretty slow. After a couple of months, though, he got his strength back and has felt great ever since.

cici52 09-22-2012 10:59 AM

Glad you are back and your mom's surgery went well. We had a couple people who had the same surgery in our family and lived long healthy lives post op.

Glad the JUDDD magic worked for you, too. What a great WOL!

Erika1962 09-22-2012 11:02 AM

:welcome: Kimberino! Keeping you and Mom in prayers for a speedy recovery!:heart:

gotitnow 09-22-2012 12:42 PM

Kim...I can imagine how tough this was. My Mom is in very poor health and I have her in my mind always. So happy your Mom came through so well thus far, and :aprayer: she will continue to, and be back to normal very soon.:hugs: Glad you are here!:heart:

Phyl:heart:

Whitlin' 09-22-2012 01:12 PM

kimberino! I had just asked about you Tuesday in the Sept Chat thread. Glad to see you posting and happy your mother is on the path to feeling better. So sorry your family went through this scare.

Kissa 09-22-2012 02:40 PM

You were missed Kimberino. I am so sorry you had this to go through. Will keep you in my thoughts.

It is good to see you back and know that the JUDDD magic held.

b_lou_who 09-24-2012 10:45 AM

life can be tough, but so are you dearie! glad you made it back. I've been living my version of your story and I empathize completely.

zipp2play 09-24-2012 10:57 AM

Glad your Mom is doing well! Good to have you back and JUDDD magic stayed with you!

sunday 09-24-2012 11:50 AM

Kimberino! I am sorry to hear about your mom, but thankful to hear she is recuperating! :aprayer:

Great to see you back with us in JUDDDland! :)

fitmom 09-24-2012 12:01 PM

Kimberino, I am sorry about the very hard time your family endured. :console:
So glad the surgery went well. I am praying for your dear mother now and hope her spirit lifts soon and that she will recover beautifully.

Well done on maintaining! :high5: All the best with you weight loss journey.

sterlinggirl 09-24-2012 12:56 PM

Hey Gurl~ So happy that your back and i am sorry that you have had to live with the stress of moms health,, but.. you still have her with you so that my friend is a great thing!! :heart:

LoCarbGal 09-27-2012 08:55 AM

Hi Kimberino. I'm so sorry for the health scare, but very glad your mom made it through surgery well. I'll pray that time will help her with the post-op issues and she'll be back good as new.:aprayer:

Joyjoy 09-27-2012 09:46 AM

Kimberino, :heart::heart::heart: to all of you.