Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Best DD so far (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/783725-best-dd-so-far.html)

cici52 09-21-2012 04:53 PM

Best DD so far

I can't remember who wrote about her down days going better when she had "proper" tea with cream during the day. Let me say :notwrthy: Thank You! I just had the best DD ever and all I did was focus on fat. Coffee and tea with half and half, bacon, low carb tortilla, No Oodles (just like Miracle Noodles) with Parmesan and cream. It is the first time I haven't been hungry all day and everything was of course yummy.

It was so counterintuitive to eat fat throughout the day when the goal was to stay under 500 but it was successful and I feel great. This thanks to someone else sharing their experience. (I will have to do some digging to give proper credit.)

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 09-21-2012 05:16 PM

Congratulations cici52!! Isn't trying new things fun?

I wasn't the one who talked about fat ratios yesterday. But, I depend on my beloved hwc.

Mrs S 09-22-2012 02:47 PM

What a funny coincidence. I usually focus on low calorie, high volume eating on DD but can still find it unsatisfying and pretty carb heavy. I was just reading about a high fat diet in one of the other subforums and thinking it sounded more satisfying and here you post this. I take it as a sign. I'm going to try this on down days too. This makes a lot of sense. Thanks for posting it.

Kissa 09-22-2012 03:08 PM

Nice :)

piratejenny 09-22-2012 07:34 PM

Well, if they used the word "proper", I bet they're British!!! :laugh:

PS: Found it!!!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...l#post15956448 #137

Kissa 09-23-2012 04:23 AM

You are a 'proper' little detective PJ, lol.

cici52 09-23-2012 05:04 AM

Thanks, PJ. Interestingly enough, when rereading flossyliz's post, I see she was using skim milk instead of cream. The fat in the half and half did it for me so I am repeating today, hopefully with the same results. Plan to try a sort of fat fast on my DDs for a while to see how it goes.

leonak 09-23-2012 07:38 AM

What is hwc?

piratejenny 09-23-2012 07:46 AM

cici, I noticed that too, that she used skim milk. I think the difference for her was using "proper" (black) tea, rather than "green or herbal" teas. So maybe it's the caffeine, in her case.

Still, I'm glad the "misunderstanding" resulted in your experimenting with fat!
It really works for some people...other people need the protein, others feel better with carbs; it's interesting how different we are!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15964181)
You are a 'proper' little detective PJ, lol.

Thank you! Now, if only that meant Benedict Cumberbatch had to marry me! :faint:

Kissa 09-23-2012 09:53 AM

Now you're talking PJ, we wish.

Seabreezes 09-23-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15964440)
What is hwc?

Heavy whipping cream

Flossyliz 09-24-2012 07:47 AM

Oh yes! "Proper" tea is definitely black - as in English Breakfast Tea. ;)
I do like other teas too though, especially Earl Grey and vanilla rooibosh, both with milk. I also like green tea with spearmint, jasmine tea and fennel tea - all without milk of course!

I only like skimmed milk in my tea but I love HWC in coffee. Yumm.

Interesting point about the caffeine PJ. Something certainly does it for me. Everyone's body is so different and it's great to find what works best for us individually.

Today is a UD and I haven't been hungry at all - even without any tea, proper or otherwise! I've just had water so far today. It's 3.30pm and I'm eating some muesli because I don't want to be desperately packing in calories at 11pm. Sure seems a weird WOE but it works, it's easy and I'm definitely not complaining :laugh:

Ok, now I'm about to make myself a cuppa and enjoy your new posts.

Kissa 09-24-2012 09:01 AM

Me too.