Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maidofstone
Can you stay on the 500 cal down days for good?

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone knows if it's o.k to stay doing JUDDD long term sticking to the 500 cal down days? i like doing it this way and like to keep things simple, i don't count properly on up days just in my head and make sure i don't overeat and try to eat healthy (most of the time) and i'd like to keep doing it this way instead of going into maintenance, is this possible?

thanks x
maidofstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I've been maintaining well by eating 600 calorie DDs and pretty-much what I want on UDs. I've crept up 3-4 pounds in the last couple of months, and I know if I'd dial back the calories on UDs some, it'll come back down. I am still at or below my goal, though, so I'm not concerned yet. I intend to continue eating this way forever. The 600 calories are usually from the same few choices, so I don't have to give it much thought. I like it that way. I like the reward of my free UDs. That's very motivating to me.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I know someone that keeps her DD calories at 300 and adds the difference to her up day and is maintaining just fine. You have to try it and see if it works for you. I will probably do the same thing as I like simple too.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I think that its really my plan to do also.. I cant imagine goin back to just eating on a DD when i feel so dang good on a DD.. Like i have actual control over my body ya know?/. I do think that if i "feel " like eating on a DD in the future that i wont feel like i cant.. i will just take what ever comes my way on those speical times. Some one ask me recently if i think i can actaully keep this up for the rest of my life?? So my answer to them and you is.. sure , no problem. I dont feel deprived, so why would i ever stop doing it like this..
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Given the health benefits of low-cal alternate day eating, I plan to try to keep DDs low too.

Based on experience various people have reported (search for "How do I stop losing!?!?!" threads over the last year) - some people can stick to low DDs and maintain...some people have to tweek their DDs.

JUDDD is an experiment in self-learning. Look over your eating/losing log and plan experiments that apply to your personal metabolism.

If I can't stop losing by keeping low DDs and raising my UDs, I plan to raise DD calories one DD at a time (see if I can maintain while keeping most of my DDs low). Based on my losing history, one 800 cal DD/week may be enough to keep me in maintenance.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
If you are happy with this and still getting the results you want then it is fine.

I actually enjoy low DDs like Kimberly.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote