Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Recalculating Calories

I was just reading through some of the old threads, and I saw a recommendation to figure your calories based on 0 activity/exercise, regardless of your actual activity level... If I do that, my DD calories are 350 and my UD calories are about 1700.. I think that'd probably help me lose faster, but - blah! I think I'll give it a shot for a few rotations.. although this means I'll actually have to count calories on my UD which will be difficult since I tend to throw things in a pan as I cook..
Any tips?
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Mine are actually a bit lower than that, but I stay at about 150 calories on DD so I don't have to count as closely on UD (I figure I can carry over the 200 calories if I estimated incorrectly) since somethings are just harder to count and I don't want to have to be so careful every day. I think having a big spread is important too.

When I started, my UD calories were more than I could eat unless going to a restaurant, but now on occasion I go a little over my UD limit and it doesn't seem to impact me negatively.

I agree that it is wise to calculate with no activity and see how it works since a lot of us over estimate what we really burn in terms of exercise. Plus I want the exercise I do to jump start my losses not just make up for eating more. Does that make sense
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Yes, it makes total sense! And cranking down DD to make up for more on UD also makes sense. I think I could live on those little 25 calorie almond milk/strawberry/walden farms chocolate syrup drinks I have for DD breakfast - maybe I'll try a very very DD and see where that takes me. It'll have to be next DD though - I'm STILL trying to finish off that pot of low-cal chili-dog soup, lol - It's good, but it ended up being a lot more than the 7 servings I calculated - and hence even lower calorie than I thought..
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote