Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Disgusted by eating?

So... for the past couple months, something odd has happened. I find the thought of eating to be repulsive. In particular, what repels me is the thought of what happens to the food AFTER eating it (in the intestines and so forth).

This is not actually discouraging me from eating, because I still eat a lot on UD's and complain about not eating on DD's... but one of the things I am appreciating about DD's is not feeling repelled by the digestive aspects of eating.

Is JUDDD making me odd? Or have I just cracked?

I've never been like this before, although I'd guess these thoughts are perhaps common with some eating disorders or some psychological disorders, or excessive amounts of stress, or something. (I don't think I have any clinical eating disorders)
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Avicenna, yeah, it's pretty easy to get disgusted by the so forth after the intestines. (I'm sorry I couldn't resist).

I don't think these are thoughts of an eating disorder. I think we change as we get older and learn more, and we no longer have the luxury of happy-go-lucky youth, just paying no attention to what we eat or how it affects our digestion. We get hit with the reality that we can mess our systems up by what we eat and it's no fun, it's not even pleasant. We have to start being a lot more honest with ourselves and eating to prevent problems. So suddenly we're thinking more about some unpleasant aspects of our bodies and how we cope.

I think you are probably perfectly normal. If I say, "We're not spring chickens any more" I'll alienate the whole board so I'll avoid that. (And for all I know you're barely out of your teens.) But I'd attribute this to the big disappointment of getting more mature and having to THINK about digestion in new ways. On a DD we can feel so light and healthy because there are less of those concerns.

Last edited by Whitlin'; 09-19-2012 at 07:06 AM..
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I have issues with OCD. I keep them fairly in check by sheer will power alone. If I allow myself to think about the process, I doubt I'd be able to eat at all. Then I would go to the other extreme and start thinking about my muscles breaking down and organs shutting down from lack of nutrition. For me, I just have to make sure I don't think about it too much. It's the same for me as using public restrooms. I do my best to control what I can, then have to PUSH any other thoughts out of my mind. Hope this isn't TMI, it's just the way my warped brain works.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikings29
Stats: 5'6'', 265/247/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: September 6, 2012
I personally, am a very All-or-Nothing kind of person. So before, I would binge to my heart's content (or to my waistband's capabilities!) and now that I've stopped, I barely care about eating at all. I feel hungry but it presents itself as nausea a lot of the times. I don't know if it's just my body getting used to this WOE or what. It's definitely a strange feeling for someone who used to love eating as much as I used to.
Vikings29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I find, especially after I eat something I consider healthy, I tend to think about all the good things that food is doing for my body. Maybe you can divert your thoughts in that direction?
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Your post reminded me of a quote I just heard:

"Constantly all around us, one substance is being made into another. This transition and this transformation is happening all the time. If you make mud into food, that's called agriculture. If you make food into a human being, this is called digestion."

It's all pretty amazing.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have issues with OCD. I keep them fairly in check by sheer will power alone. If I allow myself to think about the process, I doubt I'd be able to eat at all.

Sorry...I hope I didn't just digust you from eating too!

I don't have OCD issues, but I've always been squeamish about anything anatomical - I'm happy the body works properly but I'd rather not know anything about how it actually happens.

It didn't occur to me that maybe this is just age, maybe it is just age...
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote