Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zumba89
Stats: 318
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/9/12
To workout or not to workout????

Let me start by saying I'm loving JUDDD ! One Sunday it would mark my first week and so far thing are going ok. I haven't binged and my DD are getting better. One thing that I haven't is workout. I do nothing but clean, do my walk when I need to do food shopping, and when I go to the mall.

I want to know is it ok to just focus on my eating and not so much on the working out?
I'm I still going to lose weight without working out that much?

Last edited by Zumba89; 09-15-2012 at 10:39 PM..
Zumba89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I just finished my first two 2 weeks with no exercise beyond normal activity. Frankly, the energy levels most days was pretty low but that is beginning to change. Johnson said you will still lose if you don't exercise. I personally believe energy begets energy so intend to begin daily walks and gentle stretching this week to start the process.

The bottom line is do what feels right for you. If you haven't exercised in a while, start slow.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
for me, exercise is important for my mental health/mood, and also fitness/health... from what I read, diet is the huge factor in weight loss, not exercise (although it can be really helpful in maintenance, it seems), so I would say it depends. I find I feel better, more upbeat, more capable/strong when I exercise... especially if outside, and/or with others, and/or with good music ...
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I do very little exercise. I believe it's important for toning and keep "planning" to incorporate it, but for me, if it's not fun, I just won't do it. When I do exercise, it's roller skating, or taking the dogs for a walk, that sort of thing. I've lost plenty, so I know it's not necessary for weight loss, but it still is important.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I do very little exercise. I believe it's important for toning and keep "planning" to incorporate it, but for me, if it's not fun, I just won't do it. When I do exercise, it's roller skating, or taking the dogs for a walk, that sort of thing. I've lost plenty, so I know it's not necessary for weight loss, but it still is important.
Ditto except I wrestle goats (show goats) instead of roller skating. I just hate formal exercise.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
I don't exercise, but that's mostly because I'm lazy. I know I should for the health benefits, but back when I used to walk it didn't help with my weight loss at all.
Crazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #7

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love to exercise and have hated the past few months when I have had to give up because of knee issues. I am ashamed that I haven't committed to Callanetics as I meant to...........

I am starting to focus again.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Exercise is definitely important for keeping off what you lose.

Having said that, I lost most of my weight this time by just focusing on losing weight. Not exercise.

After I lost 30 pounds I hired a personal trainer and really got into intense weight lifting and lots of cardio. It really trimmed and toned and made me feel great, but didn't help with weight loss.

I've been slacking off the exercise for months now. I just don't feel motivated. When I do exercise it's water aerobics although I keep telling myself I'll get back to the gym soon.

We have been traveling a lot. I do a lot of walking when I'm out of town. But I hate working out in hotel gyms if they are dark and dingy.

This week I'm packing for Hawaii. My exercise will be playing in the ocean and walking the beach walk on Waikiki. Maybe I'll climb Diamond Head if I feel ambitious.

I read an article by Dr. Oz and he said if you can only focus on one thing at a time for weight loss, it's better to focus on what you eat. You eat to lose the weight, you exercise to tone the body and keep the weight you lose from coming back.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #9

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I agree with what others have said, Exercise is not what helps you lose weight. For years I ran and ran and ran to try to negate what I was eating. I didn't lose anything, if anything I gained. I was running 30+ miles a week. Now I walk and do JUDDD and I am losing. FACT, for me, it is what goes in my mouth, not how much I move. That being said, I enjoy exercise. I now walk 25+ miles a week! LOVE IT!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I have read perhaps 5 different studies saying basicly that exercising in the fasted state is best to both reduce insulin resistance and burn fat. So I would think perhaps exercising
an hour or longer before your first meal of the day on your UD might be best. I will list
one of those studies but as I said there are a lot more that say about the same thing.

Beneficial metabolic adaptations due to endur... [J Appl Physiol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote