Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Anyone not measuring calories

On your up or down day and still losing? I basically eat whatever I want on one day and fast the next day. I have no idea how many calories I am taking in on "Up" days but I am losing weight like crazy still I just don't know how long I will be able to keep it up if I don't watch the calorie amounts ever. Anyone know how or why I am losing so well and how likely it is that I can keep on this way and still reach my goal? TIA
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
If it ain't broke...

Don't fix it
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I agree with Steph!

I count down days religiously, not always up days. I know this will need to change when my up day calories get lower, but I'm enjoying it for now.
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 150.2/148/120
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Aug 26 2013
I tend to not count when I'm doing strict low-carb days and I do fine on the scale the next day. But, when I'm not doing low-carb on UDs, I feel like I have to count or WILL get a nasty shock on the scale the next day. If this is working out for you though, keep at it!!
Spoonful of Happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ilahstrait
Stats: 159/125/130 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
I don't count (most days) but I always figured my calories would be around 2000-2500 on my up days, because I usually (i have put away 3000 cals and felt terrible) can't take another bite past that number. (when I would count) I fast on my down days as well. I continue to lose weight as long as I stick to the rotations.

Last edited by ilahstrait; 09-13-2012 at 08:26 PM..
ilahstrait is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Well, what you are doing is very casual, but it is - basically - the essence of JUDDD.. that is eating fully on one day and nothing (or not enough to count for much) the following day.

If you truly fast (as in 'no food') on your Down Days, you are in no danger of ruining those days by eating too many calories, and if you don't go crazy wild on your Up Days, you likely don't go over what your JUDDD *Normal* calorie number would be, so not having to count calories would make it very easy to do.

Certainly at this point it's working for you. Who would argue with pounds falling off.

I would only add a couple of thoughts here. The first is for you to be pretty attentive to getting a really great and fully rounded nutritionally broad diet on your Up Days. What you take in on those UDs needs to be enough for your health needs to cover two days.

And secondly, be just a little careful to eat enough on your UDs to keep your metabolism running at a pretty decent clip, as opposed to making it slow down because you aren't taking in enough calories. This isn't a likely outcome but is certainly a possible one, since some people find the less they eat, the more their appetite diminishes and it can lead to little appetite even on your Up Days. Without counting calories, you won't know where you're coming in at, so just be aware.

And just make sure the foods you do eat are nourishing, which is good advice for all of us.

Congratulations on your weight loss to this point, and I expect you'll see it continue. It's always fun to have nice weight loss occurring.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
MSN08, you may never need to adjust your calories. Especially since you fast completely on DD, this may never be an issue. Those little sirtuin thingies generated on DD carry some of us all the way to the promised land.

But, if your weight loss stalls and you don't lose inches or several weeks, and there is no obvious reason (like the upcoming holiday parties) then you are probably eating at maintenance levels. Dropping UD calories may be needed. This is easy to do if you count. But not impossible - guesstimate and eat less.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I pretty much fast on DD, so don't have much to count and count very lossely or not at all on UDs. I was keeping track of UDs better in the beginning, but never really had an issue with UUADs so pretty much stopped tracking. I am very aware of the calorie counts of most of the food that I eat, but I don't do any online tracking. Partly I like fasting on DD so there just isn't much to track beside my bedtime snack which is typically the same thing so I know what it is. It may not be conventional, but I'm losing and not obsessing about everthing which I feared would happen when starting JUDDD, but nope- not a problem for me.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:11 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
I have stopped counting for the most part. I eat pretty much the same things on DDs. I'll check Daily Burn if supper is something complicated. Basically though it's a fishy salad for lunch and a small portion of what I'm serving for supper without the pasta/potatoes etc.

Not ultra low. I guess I'm between 5-700 cals a DD and I fast until 12.30 or beyond every day anyway so UDs can't get out of control.

I'm maintaining weight but working out hard and getting leaner so that suits me at the moment.

We are all a bit different so what suits one will not suit another. JUDDD is great because it is so flexible it allows us to find our own mix.

Last edited by stargazer; 09-14-2012 at 04:12 AM..
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote