Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #31
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Well done Sunday!! I hope one day I can be like you!
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
There are a few people who do two DDs in a row without a problem.

The biggest risks seem to be:

a) getting so hungry late in the day your DD becomes an UUAD that goes over the moon.
b) getting so shaky and hungry you get physically sick.

Many months ago a bunch of our successful grads ran a test on having two DDs followed by two UDs. Pat (SoHappy) was one of the testers. Pat, correct me if I have forgotten. I think they did not feel as good or as in control, and they saw no change in the rate of weight loss.

Last March and part of April, I accidentally managed to eat in a DD/MD pattern. I lost all my NSVs (arthritis came back), felt terrible, and my weight loss totally stalled. I think the occasional UUAD is better than some of the alternatives.

Chuckle, when UDs threaten to spin out of control I usually remind myself I actually am dieting all the time......some times just happen to be a bit more flexible than others.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 09-13-2012 at 12:40 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS View Post
This is me! I have been on JUDDD for two and a half weeks now and so far I have gone off the rails completely most UD's.

I am very good on a DD in fact I find it easier not to eat at all at the moment. I am thinking of doing another DD tomorrow because I had to do two UD yesterday and the day before because we were travelling ( I won't mention how UP they were ). Has anyone done two DD's in a row and if so what was your result?
Yep. Me. A few weeks ago I just had a wild and unplanned free-for-all eating fest over a long weekend.

On the Tuesday following the free-for-all food fest, I had a great DD, only 250 calories. The scale rewarded me Wednesday morning and I was not hungry, so I didn't eat anything until past noon. About that time I watched the Horizon video and read some articles about how your body does NOT go into the dreaded starvation mode for several days.

Because I was not hungry on Wednesday I decided to do the experiment of 2 consecutive DDs and it worked out marvelously well.

I just feel like I took advantage of the leptin release or whatever was happening and not eat on what was supposed to be an UD because my hunger was suppressed. I was rewarded again on the scale Thurs. morning and was able to really enjoy my post double DD UD if that makes sense.

If you have not yet watched the Horizon video, you should take the time to do it. There are a lot of ways to take advantage of Intermittent Fasting and it's good to have that knowledge in the back of your brain at all times.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Click on this link and go to post #55 if you want to watch the Horizon video. This should get you there:

Benefits of Alternate Day Fasting/CRON
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
There are a few people who do two DDs in a row without a problem.

The biggest risks seem to be:

a) getting so hungry late in the day your DD becomes an UUAD that goes over the moon.
b) getting so shaky and hungry you get physically sick.

Many months ago a bunch of our successful grads ran a test on having two DDs followed by two UDs. Pat (SoHappy) was one of the testers. Pat, correct me if I have forgotten. I think they did not feel as good or as in control, and they saw no change in the rate of weight loss.

Last March and part of April, I accidentally managed to eat in a DD/MD pattern. I lost all my NSVs (arthritis came back), felt terrible, and my weight loss totally stalled. I think the occasional UUAD is better than some of the alternatives.

Chuckle, when UDs threaten to spin out of control I usually remind myself I actually am dieting all the time......some times just happen to be a bit more flexible than others.
Yes, I volunteered for *The Great Experiment*. (One of many various experiments...LOL)

If I remember, it was somebody who had a way overboard Up Day, and wondered if that was OK if they made up for it by doing two DDs afterward, back to back. So could they eat one HUGE day and then undo the damage with two DDs, and use that as their eating pattern. It would probably work, but it sure wouldn't be for me! LOL Basically my results were this: No big difference in weight loss at all except that my stomach was really getting hungry heading into that second DD, and my attitude was going all to he!! and that's unusual for me, because JUDDD is the best plan in the world at keeping me happy and joyful and positive and fairly pleasant to be around. Two DDs in a row puts me into a *this totally sucks* frame of mind.

No matter what the problem, I've found that just continuing with JUDDD as it's written.. Up Day, Down Day, alternating over and over, gives the best results. If you blow a day, don't blow more of them by trying furiously to overcome it and redesigning the plan to accommodate and overcome your bad day. Just go on, on your schedule, and thrive.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
I like the idea of considering an UD as a normal day...

so far (not quite 2 weeks), I have not overeaten on an UD... but the DD are not yet easy (but bearable) (and I am figuring out how and when to best spend my cals). I find my UD cal limit pretty generous. However, I have never been a real low carber, and my few efforts to do so have really poked the binge monster. So I am not unaccustomed to carbs, and so getting to have those on UD is no big deal. I have not (yet?) had the Last Supper/On the Lam effect on an UD re anticipation of the DD the next day, which is a blessing because I have gained much weight in my life doing this

hang in there, and hope you find a pattern that you can relax into, enjoying your UDs w/o them turning into UUADs... maybe after a while you will trust that you can eat well every other day, and then there is no need to cram too much into any one of them.
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #37
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Thank you very much about the responses in regards to the two DD's.

Yam-Yam, thank you I did see the Horizon program and in fact that is how I found JUDDD. I knew I had heard that two fasting days wouldn't cause your body as we have been led to believe to go into starvation mode but I couldn't remember where I got it from. Thank you for that.

This is the morning after my DD and I will see how it goes. I did get on the scale this morning after the two UD and one DD and I think this may have put the fear into me to be better on UD's.

Thank you again.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
No matter what the problem, I've found that just continuing with JUDDD as it's written.. Up Day, Down Day, alternating over and over, gives the best results. If you blow a day, don't blow more of them by trying furiously to overcome it and redesigning the plan to accommodate and overcome your bad day. Just go on, on your schedule, and thrive.
Truer words were never typed.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote