Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
DD with cold or flu?

So, I woke up to a sore throat and by noon full blown cold symptoms. This is rare for me and I am trying to decide whether to follow through with a DD (mine is 400 cal) tomorrow or what. Hate to lose momentum as JUDDD is going very well so far.

My main concern is getting enough nutrition to fight the beast. I usually can beat them in the first few hours with a vitamin C flush so am rarely sick but this one got me before I realized it.

I pulled out some chicken to start a soup and have lots of veggies in the house. Seems like I could push veggies and chicken broth all day and not be far off.

Any thoughts?
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Whatever your body needs to get better. I'm rarely hungry when sick. I had this issue in reverse at the beginning. I was sick on an UD and just couldn't eat. So it wound up being 2 or 3 DDs in a row, but I was sick and just did what my body wanted. I'm not sure if I've been sick since and that was in March!

Hope you feel better soon!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
That's when I rely the most on the healing power of my Down Days! I eat well on my UDs, and rely on that good nutrition to do me well. I wouldn't overdo DDs if I was feeling icky. But I never get sick, so I'll bet as you continue with JUDDD over the weeks and months, you'll find your body is very, very resistant to getting colds, flu, or anything else brought to you by germs like that. We just somehow get stronger and more resistant to illness. At least, that's what has seemed to happen for me.

Hope you feel better shortly. Hang in there.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
cici, hi and I just wanted you to know I just had a sort of reverse of your problem in that I have had what my husband believes is food poisoning from a restaurant. It wasn't that I hoped to eat enough on DD, it was that I couldn't get in enough on UD. And, I'll tell ya, I've been doing JUDDD (mostly maintenance) for 3.5 years, "never get sick" either, and I was still confused as to how to handle it well!

Sickness sometimes means we eat like sick people. and that's okay. I think you're wise to consider soup/veggies in your situation. I, on the other hand... ... well nothing stayed WITH me very long so it didn't make any difference. better now. Hope you will be soon.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aeroangie
Stats: 159/159/130 anything
WOE: Low Carb + JUDDD
Start Date: 8/24/2012
When sick....just listen and do what your body tells you. It will "override" any thoughts you have for weight loss. You have to wait it out. I have an autoimmune disease, and believe me, it is frustrating, but when you are sick, the body goes into survival mode. Listen to that and learn to "hear" what it tells you.
Aeroangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Isn't there an old saying " starve a cold feed a fever " ? And at least for me if I am eating a lot when I have a cold it seems like it last a lot longer than when I am not
eating a lot. Besides chicken soup would make a good DD meal !
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:17 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

I heard the old saying as feed a cold, starve a fever. Supposedly because food brings the body temperature up, though only for about 20 minutes. Oddly, I am usually hungrier when sick. Have at times wished it was the opposite as those who lose their appetite seem to also lose a few pounds naturally.

At any rate, chicken is in the pot and in a few hours there will be chicken stock. Will see how it goes. Thanks to all who offered their insight.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Yup i agree with what every one said here, and chicken soup will still give you low caloires as well as what your body need to heal.. Also.. it is rather strange now that you all mention it.. i have not been sick since i started JUDDD either... thats like ..WOW.. kind of a moment.. never really gave that much thought I hope you feel better soon dear~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Did not manage a DD after all. Came in about 1400 at the end of the day. Ate pity party food. Today is DD and off to a good start. Cold is beginning to migrate lower so not as uncomfortable. Love that I can just switch days with this plan.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
That is one of the many awesome parts of JUDDD. Glad you are feeling a bit better!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you. Yesterday was an easy DD. Today I am feeling a lot better. Sound like a baritone though. Am ready for a serious breakfast.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Delighted that you are improving Ciici. You did you best, and the body is a good judge when we are unwell.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote