Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 01:37 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: 30 day whole food challenge
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
For me, travel has been the biggest challenge - I had to travel a lot over the summer - whether it is food availability/dietary restrictions, not knowing where to buy groceries in a country where you don't speak the language and trying to explain lettuce using hand signs, lack of cooking facilities, staying in someone's home and not wanting to impose a special diet, social obligations, or just feeling like I need to eat more to accomplish whatever I'm there to do - I'm one of those people who doesn't have much energy on DD's.

Personally I have just tried to do my best to stay with the rotations even if it means increasing the DD limit. Sometimes when I travel I take 100-calorie packets of vegan protein shake mix and that can be mixed with water for DD's. I also pack away a little extra food for UD's because I tend to be extremely hungry on UD's (see other threads lol) and don't want to scare others with my 1,000 calorie breakfasts. And in a couple cases I just gave up and resumed JUDDD when I returned home.

I've found that being on trains and airplanes make for ideal DD's because you don't do much on a train or airplane. I have a tendency to munch on trains so it cuts that out too. I am not sure about DD's and driving though, if I felt it was interfering with my concentration for a long drive I might eat more.

Last edited by Avicenna; 09-15-2012 at 01:39 AM..
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2012, 03:59 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
When I travel I try to keep sirt-ed up by fasting/eating very low cal whenever possible. We usually travel with friends/family and frequently I find there the consensus is one big meal each day. That allows a lot of hours, DD or UD, to exercise my sirtuin muscles.

After that, I have two rules:
1) Pay attention to my tummy, don't over eat and end up feeling lousy.
2) I only eat foods I really enjoy. That has actually back-fired a few times and left me eating at DD levels on what should have been UDs.

After that, I just make sure the travel day or the first day back is DD. So far that transition has been very comfortable for me.

I way beyond adore Hawaii! SIL lives in Honolulu so we visit whenever possible. So far we have explored Oahu by car, stayed on Maui one visit and Kauai on another, and cruised the islands. If I could live there, I would.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/165/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
... trying to explain lettuce using hand signs...
I want to see this!!

Great idea for a thread - and as it happens, I'm off to Lake George in upstate NY for a few days. When we're away it's usually breakfast and dinner. I do feel that I'll be paying a bit more attention that I would have...I tend to be more choosy about my food since JUDDD, and I don't like eating something that isn't good. Sounds so obvious doesn't it? Last night I heated up some left over sweet and sour chicken with rice, and the rice was kinda..hard. I ate some of it and then thought, "This is not good enough for me." Miracle! This is the kind of thinking that makes me feel "safe" wherever I go.

See you all in a few days - and thanks for starting this thread, Soren!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
...I tend to be more choosy about my food since JUDDD, and I don't like eating something that isn't good. Sounds so obvious doesn't it? Last night I heated up some left over sweet and sour chicken with rice, and the rice was kinda..hard. I ate some of it and then thought, "This is not good enough for me." Miracle! This is the kind of thinking that makes me feel "safe" wherever I go.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Today is a MD, my 4th ever since starting JUDDD. They don't really work well for me, but Sunday sould have been a DD, but Rosh Hashanna starts at sundown and we will be going to my mother's for a big family meal. I think I would have just done 2 UDs, but since we leave for Canada on 9/20 I want all the Sirt1 flowing. I'm planning to skip rotations, but do fast 5 a couple of the days at least. One of my scales is very light weight, but I think my wife will be aggravated if I trek it 8 hours and across the border with me. I know Yam Yam brings her scale, but I'm not sure that will go over well with my other half. I'll let you guys know if I actually take it.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Toting a scale across the border......

Carly, my DH sends your wife a sympathetic hug and says he is considering starting a support group for families dealing with the odd things their weight-losing loved ones do.

And I thought everything I did made perfect sense!?!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 09-16-2012 at 01:02 AM..
Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Toting a scale across the border......

Carly, my DH sends your wife a sympathetic hug and says he is considering starting a support group for families dealing with the odd things their weight-losing loved ones do.

And I thought everything I did made perfect sense!?!
It does- doesn't it...
Old 09-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love you all, travel scales and all!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, well, I haven't figured out how to bring this up for discussion. I may slip in the car the night before...

Some people sneak alcohol, some sneak chocolate, me... the scale... that is SO pathetic!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
LOL Carly! If you're driving, bring the scale, why not? (that's why my car is so full for the trips, especially alone.) I'm so used to flying where I have to be so careful what I pack-- my "longer than 4 day" suitcase is WAY too big, so if I'm not careful, I can easily let it go over 50Lbs and catch hell at the airport

Hope you had a good Rosh Hashanah, and Happy New year 5773 I'm here in Montreal tonight, and just had the full-on meal (and OMG I ate everything, literally--except the salad!) b/c I too had a MD yesterday and UD today.

I wasn't going to drive home tomorrow-- but one of my dogs gave himself a nicely sliced toe JUST before I left, and it probably could've used a stitch but we didn't (greyhounds are at the vet for all sorts of accidents enough as it is), so DH is tending to him, but it's stressing me out being here and not there. More so, I have work due on Friday and then another trip starting on Sunday, and I just want to be HOME, even if I still take most of Tuesday off.

So I'm going to DD tomorrow, maybe a few more cals since I am driving. I was going to stop by my favorite tea store on the way out of town, and get them to make me a yerba mate or guyasa (sp?) tea, which are "stimulants" but apparently not jumpy-making like straight caffeine? Is this possible? Will report back with the DD and also long-distance-driving implications

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote