Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
wondering if daily weighing

is gonna mess w my head, as it has in the past.

I am on day 14 right now.

in the past 10 days, with 5 DDs, I have toggled up/down between 163-164.9... = no net loss, really. Now my DDs could be lower (I am going at the 33% mark to start... and finding that quite challenging), and maybe my UDs could be less carby (carbs are NOT new to my system, however).

I wonder how often you weigh yourself, and why?

I had thought to weigh myself daily to overcome my avoidance of the scale (big no no in maintenance... and my regaining some weight)... and I know weight fluctuates with salt, TOM, BMs, etc... but I just wonder if anyone else finds frequent weighing a big of a mind-mess, esp. if it is toggling around, or as you guys say, bouncing, or kind of stalled.

Also, do you think I should go for the lower DD? I am willing to, but if it doesn't "work" re losing weight, I will find that tough to stomach.

Do you think I need to watch my carbs on UD? I will need some as I do an intense 45 min indoor cycling workout on 3 of them a week... and also, if foods are forbidden, I poke the binge-monster. However, I could try to have more fat/protein and less carbs if it might help.
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
I like everyday weighing, but if it has bothered you in the past, it's not important enough to worry about. I believe it is YamYam who would have a weekly weigh-in day but also weigh just one more time later, or something, to make sure she wasn't missing anything... ... not sure, but I remember thinking when I read that, that there are many calm approaches to weighing. No need to let it become a hassle.

I think limiting carbs and seeing what happens is worth the info you might learn. Don't cut them out - just make a partial change. Going down in DD percentage is also valid. However, I would caution - don't do both. Try one for a week or so without adding the other, so you'll really know if it helps.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I weigh once a week. The scale messes with my head GREATLY! I simply don't allow that anymore. I am more than a number, no matter how big or small it is.

As for what you eat, that is truly your choice. JUDDD is a calorie is a calories. High carb, high fat, low calorie or high calories, whatever your levels just eat to that. That being said, eat what you know won't cause you to spin out of control!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i Weigh Daily... And from the start i was afraid to.. it did start to mess with my head but.. There were two things i learnd from this daily wieghing..
1. I was able to see that.. what that scale says is in no way an accurate way of measuring sucess..( i will explain).. You cant gain 3 pounds over nite of FAT!.. So when you hopped on the scale which said from one day to the next a gain of 2.5 or 3 pounds you are able to understand that the scale can only give a small view of what is really going on with in our bodys.

2. I also learned by daily weighing that I have the control! If i was unafraid of what that number was.. when i did have a Woosh.. I would have missed it.. To watch the numbers every day keeps me on track.. as a motivator.. a GAME to try and figurer out "when" will that woosh will take place.. Kind of like "predictions" .

The scale can only show you how much fat.. water.. food.. etc is in your body AT THAT MOMENT.. So when you began to understand this process and trust in the program that it will work. but with anything.. takes time~ We can not wish the fat away.. We can only control what food amounts we put in our body and we have to let the body do the rest!~ and
The greatest gift you can give your self is TIME.. Time to to make it happen with out a deadline.. the only deadline is.. 1 pound at a time.. Best of luck to you my dear JUDD BUDDD

As to weather you should adjust your numbers.. that depends on what they are, and what they are supposed to be.. But heres a thought too. if you find a number that works for a lets say, 1 pound loss per week and you are able to eat and not feel like your deprived.. i would go with that.. its easier to not feel like your dieting when you can eat when hungry and not when your not which is what will happen on JUDDD.. Not feeling hungry happens.. and it feels great to be in control.. JMHO..
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 09-07-2012 at 08:30 AM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
In the past I had unhealthy relationships with the scale. It was always one of two ways for me: either I would not get on it at all -- for years, or I weighed myself every half hour all day long -- totally obsessed.

When I started to take back control of my health this year I was able to finally get on the scale (a devastating moment) and face the truth. I had to do it in order to see if any of my efforts were working. I did not want to get into a compulsive relationship with it again though, so I decided to weigh every other day, the morning after a Down Day. For me it makes the bounces a little easier to take, less of a roller coaster. Some days the loss is so darned fun to see. If I get on the scale though and haven't lost, or bumped up a little I know that I am not going to get on the scale for another 48 hours, and I am able to shrug it off.

So, there's so many approaches to this. Try to find a spot where you are comfortable, any place that works with you rather than torments you whether it's once a day, every other day, once a week or once a month. Just do it! JUDDD magic will likely reward you well.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
For the first couple of months on JUDDD, I weighed only weekly, and only after a DD. I checked the daily weigh-in thread every single day and saw what others were experiencing. Finally, curiosity got the better of me and I started weighing every day. Now it's just a number. It's fun when I see a drop, but it's not big deal if I see an upward bounce. It is what it is, and the overall trend is downward. I figure you need to do what YOU need to do, and not worry about what others are doing. If it's not beneficial for you to weigh daily, then don't. If you think you might learn something from doing so, then do. It's such a personal thing, and you can always change your mind later.

One thing I picked up from Pat is to weigh daily, but then take the average for the week to really see what's going on. Sometimes, on my official weigh-in day, I'll actually show a gain for the week, but the average is still lower than the previous week. That can be pretty compelling too.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

yes, I think I need to experiment and see what works for me.

on the one hand, I get that a given weight can be fairly meaningless re fat... but then why measure something that has no meaning, at least at that frequency? I tend to take meaningfulness in the drops... but then dismiss the gains. Which is a bit

I like the idea of either weekly avgs (which helps me weigh more often, a good predictor of maintenance, my ultimate goal) (and also means if weekly weigh in day happens to be a bit of a bounce up, no biggy), or a weekly weigh in (but then my expectations might be up... ugg!

I do agree to not be in a hurry, or impatient per se... and I think giving myself 6-7 months to lose 25-30 lbs is reasonably patient, I guess I am just paranoid about standing stock still (which is what happened to me last year on 3 months of an online program).

I also understand I need to give my body time to switch on the skinny gene, and to let my fat cells go more readily in to release mode.

Onward, and thanks!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
I've been only weighing after DDs because that's usually when I see a drop. But, I also know that I might miss seeing a small whoosh on the day I don't weigh. I've seen drops after an UD and gains after an DD! Weighing weekly only left me wondering what went on during the week that might have kept me encouraged.

Since I'm on board again after having surgery, I'd decided to just weigh after a DD. But due to the posts on here, I think I'll go back to daily weighing and get the weekly average. I'm also still tracking on my little tracker app that, despite my lack of progress since my surgery, still shows a downward trend. Go figure!

Gah .. why wasn't I born skinny instead of so gosh darn pretty?

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post

Gah .. why wasn't I born skinny instead of so gosh darn pretty?
That's great! When I was little, someone told me I was ugly. I went home and asked my mom if it was true. She said, "You don't have to be pretty because you're smart!" In hindsight, I think she meant well, but oh what that did to my self-esteem . . .
Old 09-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Omigosh, Dawn!! Yep, I think she meant it in a good way, too, but as a kid our self-esteem is so fragile.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
My feelings about my scale have really evolved. It used to be, years ago, when I felt myself getting obsessed with it, I would hide it. Not a good idea for me because apparently I need it to hold me accountable. My clothes would start getting tight, eventually I would get the scale out and then be freaked out that, DUH! I gained. Blah!

No more of that since August of last year. I actually purchased a reliable travel scale so I can take it with me on every vacation and every trip.

When I was doing Weight Watchers on line, there was an "official" weekly weigh in day. But I weighed myself every day and wrote it down in my journal and on graph paper to chart it. (I'm still weighing every day. Just writing it in my journal lately. I should get the graph paper back out.)

So, Friday's were my WW WI day. However, if I had a salty dinner on Thursday and the scale was up I would give myself another day and not enter my weight until Saturday.

I know that could have been a dangerous slippery slope, but instead it motivated me. Because, after stepping on the scale Friday morning and seeing a higher number, I was always super careful all the rest of the day, drinking green tea, not eating carbs, doing any and every trick to give me a good number the next day.

I actually think of both of my scales as my very good friends. I have a body monitor scale at home and it measures fat% so I can get a better idea of what's going on there.

I guess I told myself that if the number on the scale doesn't mean anything or does not matter, then why am I trying so hard to lose weight? It does matter and it does mean something. I know that when I lose pounds over a long period of time, I'm losing fat, too. That's important.

However, I still love the LCF motto: All losses are fat; All gains are water.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Yes to both questions

Yes, the scale messes with my head.

Yes, I weigh daily anyway.

Oh, I hate when I see my weight bounce up for no reason at all. But I love more that I can learn things as I watch the bouncing ball. I get a very good picture of what's going on but an awareness, as sterlingirl said, that it's not a complete picture on any one day.

I only change my official stats once a week, on a Wed or a Thu depending on whether or not it's the morning after a DD. Then I write a post of my progress. I also track my weight loss in a calorie counter on my phone and online so that I can see the chart and remind myself that there have been other times when I've bounced up only to drop back down bigtime.

I think it's improving my relationship with the scale, but there have been a few times--particularly when I was first starting--where the scale ruined my whole day.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I do believe Dr. Johnson says to just weigh once a week first thing in the morning right
after going to the bathroom. He says something about the normal weight fluctuations from day to day will just mess with your mind if you weigh every day. Having said that
I have to admit I usualy weigh every day even though he said not to.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Like Yam-Yam, I have come to love my scale. I weigh daily and average weekly. I use the weekly average watch trends. Post the lowest daily weight on my stats.

The daily weights have proven invaluable for self-learning. I make all kinds of notes about what I ate and how I reacted. For example, last night (UD) we went with friends to their favorite Mexican restaurant. About an hour later my tum got very unhappy. This morning I am bloated and my tum looks like I am seven months gone and I feel like I have a hangover (drank lemon water only). Haven't weighed yet but suspect it is not going to be good. Looking back over the last six months, I see we ate at that restaurant three times. And I had the same reaction. I like their food very much, but something there does not like me.

Actually...hmmm....looking at my log just now....golly, is it possible to suddenly become gluten intolerant? I hadn't really looked at that before. Wow, this thread may have just taught me more than I really want to know...have to think about that.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ANYWAY, getting back to YOU.....

Eating at 35% on DD should be fine. Lots of people do it with great success. Our guru, Pat (SoHappy) always says if weight loss does not start from week one, that means your body is holding and diverting resources to internal healing. After a year on this forum, I believe that really does happen to some people. Also, you may also just be a slow producer of sirtuin proteins/enzymes. They will build up in your system over time.

Have you measured? Or paid close attention to how clothes are fitting? Lots of people lose inches days or weeks before the scale changes...then they whoosh.

I encourage you to keep eating the DD calories that make you comfortable and be patient.

Within your chosen range, play with calories sure - try eating LC some days, try eating more veggies and less protein (or visa versa), try eating at different times of the day (on non-exercise days, see if you can fast until lunch). Or, if you are fasting most of the day, switch to three small meals. Check your food/weight log, watch for patterns. Be willing to shake things up and learn about what suites you best. Then, weekly or monthly, keep shaking because it very likely once weight loss gets going, your body's needs are going to change.

I believe you can do this!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm like Dawn, Nancy and Yam-Yam. I now love my scale. It's just one of my valuable tools. If I know I have stuck to my rotation and there is a slight bounce up, I don't get worried, but I have come to trust this process. I think the scale is fun now and I'm rarely shocked- whether it is up or down. I've gotten to know my body really well over the last 6-7 mos. The daily weighing has also numbed me to the bounce, though I must say mine are not big at this point. I think it was Dawn who said she was looking at the daily weigher thread. That's not a bad idea. See how others do and if you think you would benefit.

Now the DDs. My goal is to fast, but right now I still need a bed time snack which is usually about 150 cal and I may have had 25 cals of coffee or broth- so I'm keeping DD under 200 when possible.

I think for me the low DDs has been the key. It took time for me to get into this "zone". Try different things and see what works for you.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
That's great! When I was little, someone told me I was ugly. I went home and asked my mom if it was true. She said, "You don't have to be pretty because you're smart!" In hindsight, I think she meant well, but oh what that did to my self-esteem . . .
Aw Dawn, that makes me sad. And you ARE pretty!! I thought that the first time I saw your avatar when I was lurking and learning all about this JUDDD stuff!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tooraloora, I'm glad you brought up this question. I've been wondering the same thing. Coming off VLC the past seven months, I've mostly been weighing weekly only, skipping the week of TOM. I know I'll gain 2-3 lbs during that time, and even though I know I'm not gaining fat, I can't stand to see the number go up. Messes with me BIG .

But then, I'm also the one who, on weigh day, if I have a big BM after I've weighed, I RUN back in and weigh again! I want that lower number! Weird....I know!

So since starting JUDDD Tuesday, I've only weighed after DDs. I'm afraid to weigh the morning after an UD, just too afraid to see the bounce. Logically, I get that there will be bounces. I really do. I've read all your stories, and you are all so philosopical about it. I LOVE that, and I think I can get there, but not yet. Kind of like, I know I can add some carbs back on my UDs, but I'm scared and not there yet. I'm going to give myself time for both.

So for now, I think I'll weigh once a week, after a DD, and go from there. Once I'm confident, I would love to weigh daily and learn what I can from that information.

I'm also a convert to measuring. I NEVER used to do that, because even if the numbers were going down, they were just so BIG, and that was discouraging. Now I've gotten past that and I'm so glad. When I was having my 3-4 week plateau recently, I at least had the added motivation from losing 7 inches during that time. It kept me going.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
LowCarbGal: I so agree on the importance of measuring. Right after I started JUDD the scale number seemed to be moving oh. so. slow. However, my clothing sizes started going down. It was hard to believe and someone suggested strongly that I start measuring.

One of the places that really bothered me was my underarm fat, so I measured around there, just under my armpits. It also drove me nuts that I had back fat. When I put on a swim suit, I had back cleavage. and there was always a roll of fat underneath and above my bra in the back.

I'm glad I started measuring around those areas because that's where I saw the biggest drop in inches in the beginning.

You would have fainted it you saw the bounces on my scale this week! I posted it on the DD thread. I started with a 5 pound gain Tues. morning after a 4 day weekend of eating too much and no DDs at all. Had a great DD Tues of 300 calories and woke up to a 5 pound loss Wed. morning. Yippeee!

Scale stayed the same after a satisfying UD Wed, so Thurs. morning I was just holding steady and felt motivated to have another good DD. Shockingly on Friday morning after that good DD I woke up to a 4 pound loss on the scale. That motivated me to eat lots of whole grains and high volume veggies yesterday. I even had popcorn, beer and 2 ice cream cones!!!

This morning the scale was up 3.6 from yesterday which does not bother me at all because my overall loss (weighing after an UD) this week so far is -.4 and I feel great about that.

My goal for August was to maintain my 42 pound loss and now my goal in September is to slowly lose a bit more. I really don't care how much, I just want to be headed in the right direction.

Just thought I'd tell you about my crazy bouncing scale week to show you how it can go and that you never have to freak out about it as long as you are doing your rotations.

I have 2 trips coming up. Tomorrow I leave for beautiful South Lake Tahoe and the following week it's off to beautiful Oahu.

I'm going to have a fabulous DD today and enjoy it and pack for my trips. I'm already planning to do a JUDD/Fast-5 plan while I'm gone. My body weight scale will be coming with me and I will be weighing every day on vacation!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Another voice heard for daily weigh-ins...from one who used to be discouraged at the non-loss and drop that diet after a while. I think that was promoting my losing and regaining the same 10 pounds. I wouldn't see a continuing loss, so just go back to my old unhealthy woe.

When I started JUDDD in June I would only weigh following a DD and saw really good results for the first month. Last month (after a couple of months and was seeing a fairly long stall) I made a spread sheet tracking my foods...calories, carbs, fats and proteins...thinking calories may have been the cause. After some evaluation, I decided to start weighing daily as a further line on the sheet...and found that the bounces don't bother me in the least now. In fact, I've been at the same weight for about a week and find that disconcerting. (I've seen a drop again, tho')

Yam-Yam is so right...I hope you took your measurements, as that is truly the scale that shows how this woe is working. And, the journal helps to evaluate what is working and not. Having been a low carber for years it was no surprise to me when I discovered my pauses in the weight-loss path were precipitated by higher carbs on those days...higher fat and protein days gave me the losses I was looking for. I still have higher carb days but enjoying them more.

With this woe, you really do have to find your own path...which may take a little time, but it is so worth it...just enjoy the journey and keep the eyes open. You'll be surprised at what you see.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Aw Dawn, that makes me sad. And you ARE pretty!! I thought that the first time I saw your avatar when I was lurking and learning all about this JUDDD stuff!
You are very sweet, and thank you!

Sorry for the T/J.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

While we are all happy to share how often we prefer to weigh, the truth is there is no ultimate one-size-fits-all pattern. Try different patterns of weighing. Find what feels best for you. In this, it really is all good.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

thanks for more input... gosh you all are very friendly

I am going to try daily weighing and do the weekly averages re any trends.... and be patient and calm, no tantrums

and... if it is really messing w my head despite my efforts to be cool, calm and collected, then I can try doing it weekly or even monthly (in my loss of 90 lbs in 20 months in 2003/4 I was so scale phobic, I weighed and measured monthly... and I think this frequency of weighing was not enough to prevent the partial (35 lbs) regain, esp. as it was insidious, about a lb. a month... I need to be more viligant next and final time I get to goal... w/o being OCD either.

and I am going to try to cool it a little w carbs on UD... and see...
Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am a weigh daily person so I and can use that info to track myself. The scale does not react to what I did the day before but may be two or three days previously that finally shows up on my scale. I tried weighing weekly but if that one weight was not what I thought it should have been, it made me depressed and the why bother attitude tried to take over. I started by weighing daily and averaging which certainly helped. Now I don't bother to average since I am content with my weight chart.

And like others I can look back and see if doing something in particular makes the scale go up. I can eat shirataki noodles and will see an increase for several days following, then a drop. I don't do well with them so I rarely eat them anymore.
I don't measure, but I do keep a pair of too tight pants handy to try on. I haven't lost much of anything in August and Sept but my goat show goal pants are getting there. I can actually put them on, zip them up and button them and "could" wear them except they are pants I have to be able to bend and twist and they would be too snug for that. Almost time to get a new pair of too tight pants out.

I have some foods that I love but according to my weight and menu chart, cause me to either gain fat or water and I don't like that so I am trying my best to avoid them. Takes awhile to track those foods down but weighing daily has helped.

Whatever works for you is best and there are many ways to address this. Dr. J recommended weekly weigh ins, but weighing daily keeps me on track better so I choose daily.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Gotta add a caveat for or against weighing daily...today my weight jumped three pounds and in the old days that would have started my questioning the diet. Today, I can accept the bounce because I know yesterday I ate a lot of salt and took in little water...and besides, it would be impossible to gain three pounds of fat overnight.

You have to be comfortable with the bounces you're going to see....that said, you really have to choose your own path. I weigh and track daily, but put more emphasis on the weekly weigh-in and only depend on the monthly to register my weight loss.

Enjoy this woe, it's a real winner....
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Does anyone else's scale do odd bounces even within moments? I have found that when I get up in the AM, and weigh, I get X weight - then if I take off all my clothes and weigh again (What, am I the only one who does this?) I actually weigh MORE than the 1st weight. It only happens with me - I've weighed my kids multiple times, and their weights don't change, but if I weigh myself multiple times, it's different (and HIGHER) every time, no matter what's happened in the interim. Is that the craziest thing or what?

Hope this didn't come off as a threadjack - I thought it was topical since it relates to frequency of weighing..
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #27

If it's a digital scale, you may want to reset it in the morning before stepping on it. Mine would read the exact same weight for days on end, until someone mentioned resetting it by just putting one foot on sideways and let it register that low weight, let it go back to zero or blank, then step on. Now mine changes almost every day when I do that, but will give inaccurate readings if I don't.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbinca View Post
Does anyone else's scale do odd bounces even within moments? I have found that when I get up in the AM, and weigh, I get X weight - then if I take off all my clothes and weigh again (What, am I the only one who does this?) I actually weigh MORE than the 1st weight. It only happens with me - I've weighed my kids multiple times, and their weights don't change, but if I weigh myself multiple times, it's different (and HIGHER) every time, no matter what's happened in the interim. Is that the craziest thing or what?

Hope this didn't come off as a threadjack - I thought it was topical since it relates to frequency of weighing..
I have a Tanita and it never varies so guess I am a lucky one. I have ceramic tile floors and the scale is rarely moved. Which I think helps.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Thank you! I'll try resetting it - and maybe finding a solid place for it to stand, I have tile and the tiles are pretty large, so maybe it's getting imbalanced or something. I'll always take the low weight either way though.
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
If it's a digital scale, you may want to reset it in the morning before stepping on it. Mine would read the exact same weight for days on end, until someone mentioned resetting it by just putting one foot on sideways and let it register that low weight, let it go back to zero or blank, then step on. Now mine changes almost every day when I do that, but will give inaccurate readings if I don't.
I do this as my DH brought it to my attention to "reset" it. I do adore seeing what I weigh one-footed before I have to put both feet on, front and center!