Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Nancy Thank you for sharing!! The first words out of my mouth were "wow". Soo happy for you. Its soo inspiring and it gives me hope! Thank you so much. that made my day and will motivate me to continue juddding along...
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Nancy - that is just fabulous!

It makes me happy for you and for all of us. One of the most amazing and magical things about JUDDD for me is that it is so forgiving.

You can participate in social occasions without feeling deprived or thinking you shouldn't eat what is served. I've been to occasions on other plans where I felt there was nothing offered that I could eat. That is a horrible feeling and really detracts from the enjoyment of the social event.

You can take a vacation and resolve the 'damage' within a few rotations. We all need a break now and then!

You can make a conscious decision to have a free day or two, and when you jump back in you find it does not completely derail your progress.

This makes it possible to not be perfect and still lose ... and since none of is is perfect, that's really, really good news.

Thanks for sharing this great experience!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: caramel
Stats: 164/164/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 11/25/11--12/1/14 restart
Nancy, I have been on/off again JUDDD for several years now. In the past, I would hit a stall and try a new woe only to find that it either slows my metabolism or causes me to give up on any plan altogether. this plan is so beneficial to me because I have scheduled, like yourself, many social engagements, not to mention all of the birthdays of my five children, and yes I get to eat delicious cake!

There have been times when I have went up 3-5 pounds in a week because I was involved in 3-5 social engagements in that week in which I completely pigged out but JUDDD is so forgiving in that as little as 3 DDs gets the weight off. I can't weight til maintenance.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sunshine: You look awesome! Great avatar! You are not too far away from the maintenance lane.

One of the things I love about this woe is that I'm keeping lost weight off. Don't know if it's due to a better metabolism or the magic of the SIRT1 gene or just the calorie deficit created by DDs. Whatever it is, I love it.

Yes, the scale bounces and if I take several days off like last week end (4 day vacation, no DDs) it goes up. But, like you said, a few DD rotations and the gain is GONE. This truly is magic for me.

I got serious about conquering my mid-life weight gain a little over a year ago. It's been about 5 years of fighting with all my might to keep from gaining, but to no avail. I would lose 10 then gain 12. Lose 20. Gain 25. This time something is very different and it's good.

Once I started losing, it stayed off this time! I'm going to get to my 183 goal slowly (tall with a large frame and I started at size 18 and have now gotten down to size 12 and even one pair of size 10 jeans). After I hit that goal, I will probably decide to lose some more.

But, I'm going to do it without suffering! I'm definitely so done with diets that make me suffer. JUDD is truly enjoyable and forgiving.

Nancy's stories prove it!!! How motivating is that??

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 09-08-2012 at 11:40 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: caramel
Stats: 164/164/140
Start Date: 11/25/11--12/1/14 restart
on my post I typed weight instead of wait and didn't mean it as a pun or anything. Just thought that was funny and really where my thoughts were.

As a side note, one day I was ready to my family and read the word belly-fat instead of just belly( which was the word I was suppose to read) and they were so confused and just bust out laughing. I really take this too seriously sometimes.
caramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel View Post
on my post I typed weight instead of wait and didn't mean it as a pun or anything. Just thought that was funny and really where my thoughts were.

As a side note, one day I was ready to my family and read the word belly-fat instead of just belly( which was the word I was suppose to read) and they were so confused and just bust out laughing. I really take this too seriously sometimes.
I've seen a lot of people write "weight" when they meant "wait". I've probably done it too! You are right. That's where our minds are right now. You reading belly-fat to your family is hilarious. They know what you are thinking.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel View Post
on my post I typed weight instead of wait and didn't mean it as a pun or anything.
Aw, go ahead and claim the pun - sign of a humorous intellectual.

I just love living a life where I really can eat, bounce, and still see weight loss by the end of the week!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Sunshine! I can't "weight" to get to my next goal!!! You are so cute!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Also...Christina...I always love what you have to say!

Phyl
Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww, Phyl! You are so sweet! This is the best board EVER.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
I can't tell you all how timely and encouraging this thread is to me! I'm relatively new to JUDDDing and have not been strict with it at all, but have definitely been impressed with the results when I actually FOLLOW the rotations. (What a concept... actually DOING it.)

I have been very lax the past few weeks with it, especially over the past 1-2 weeks. All sorts of excuses, but the bottom line is, I was feeling myself falling back into old patterns and old ways of thinking. Starting to try to come up with other "diets" I could try, etc. But I keep coming back to the same conclusion: JUDDD is the easiest, most forgiving, realistic, lets-me-live-my-life WOE! (Maybe it should be renamed LMLML!)

I've done much less damage on the scale than I expected, for all the eating I've been doing (and no DD in over a week!). So, rather than throw in the towel and just gain and gain, as I would've done in the past, I'm just going to get back in the saddle and not punish myself!

You are all such wonderful examples and encouragement for those of us that are newer to this WOE. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Nancy, your post was so exciting to me. I noticed that you returned to rotations between feast days and did not just throw in the towel. I am also guessing that the feast days also involved a lot of extra activity, particularly when you had guests. I think cooking at the level you are talking about could be considered exercise.

I am almost two weeks in but this is birthday month (4) in our family and there will probably be 3-5 celebrations in just the coming two weeks. I have been realy afraid of losing ground and fretting about how to switch rotations to accomodate everything. That is the old diet mentality telling me that if I deviate, I will fail. As of this morning, and a lot of reading around here, I have a plan. Don't know if I have enough good stuff built up yet to coast through it. Don't know if my plan will keep me losing. But I hope to not lose ground. I definately will follow your example of continuing rotations in between.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Cici, I get what you mean about the old diet mentality. I think I had a lot to learn about 'passing' and 'failing' with weight and eating.
After five months with JUDDD, and innumerable 'fails', here I am choosing JUDDD every day, still. And at my goal, which still seems incredible.
So I have failed a thousand times and still got where I wanted.
Which makes me think that the only real failure would be giving up on myself altogether.
So glad to have you here.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Okay, sorry to blab, but this 'deviating and failing' thing is so interesting. (And I have been the queen of making one misstep and then throwing in the towel).

I wish we could treat ourselves the way we treat our kids when they're learning to walk.
They pull themselves up, using a table. They let go. They fall. And we say, "Good for you! You're learning!"
And they have to learn that way, by climbing up and falling, right? And by lurching to the left and collapsing, then lurching to the right....
When I look at my months with JUDDD, from this vantage point, it looks like all my 'failures' were just me learning how to walk.
This makes me unbelievably happy.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Okay, sorry to blab, but this 'deviating and failing' thing is so interesting. (And I have been the queen of making one misstep and then throwing in the towel).

I wish we could treat ourselves the way we treat our kids when they're learning to walk.
They pull themselves up, using a table. They let go. They fall. And we say, "Good for you! You're learning!"
And they have to learn that way, by climbing up and falling, right? And by lurching to the left and collapsing, then lurching to the right....
When I look at my months with JUDDD, from this vantage point, it looks like all my 'failures' were just me learning how to walk.

Love looking at it that way! It's so true!
Why have I always thought the solution to my small failures or mistakes was to throw in the towel and quit?! It's really all progress!!
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

So well said! I this!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
From your lips to the ears of everyone struggling with weight loss!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Kristin.....I soooo loved this post. You're great!

Phyl
Old 09-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kristin (JoyJoy)! beautifully said! Thanks for the great perspective today.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:

Can't thank you enough for this insite. Please, please, please let me remember this one thing.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote