Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   How is your DD going today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/782430-how-your-dd-going-today.html)

Avicenna 09-04-2012 01:00 PM

How is your DD going today?

So...how is your DD going today?

Scale (worst to best)
1 - Miserable, I want to crawl in a hole and hide util tomorrow
2 - Not so great, I want chocolate
3 - OK
4 - Not so bad, I guess DD's have a good side too
5 - Awesome! I have so much energy and I don't even want food!

I think I am between a 2-3 today

stephdray 09-04-2012 01:14 PM

Hunger is totally manageable and very low grade. Can't make my brain focus, however. Foggy.

(Also, this is a great thread idea so that newbies can see what's going on and how it gets easier over time.)

DD80 09-04-2012 01:17 PM

I had one yesterday that was a 3, but I'm usually somewhere between a 1 and a 3 depending on the time of day. I've rarely hit a 4 or 5, but it has happened. Never thought it would! :)

lowcarbinca 09-04-2012 01:26 PM

3? A little tired, but getting a lot accomplished even though I don't want to, lol!! A little hungry, but looking forward to tomorrow BIG time..

Mrs S 09-04-2012 01:36 PM

It's my first DD but so far so good- I'd say about a 4. I'm holding off eating as long as I can. Goal was to make it til 2 (eastern time), then at 2 I decided to wait til 3, now I'm holding off til 4 or 5. I think I'd rather eat a normalish sized meal than a few tiny ones, at least today.

Joyjoy 09-04-2012 01:40 PM

4. My goal this month is to be able to rate my UDs as 4s, too. Some of my UDs are -4s.

Lee55 09-04-2012 03:12 PM

3. Not a bad day but I've been pretty hungry this afternoon. I think I need to eat more protein foods on my DD, maybe that will help.

sdjade 09-04-2012 04:05 PM

The last couple weeks, my DDs have been easy breezy, but today is a killer! :doh:
I didn't go crazy this weekend, but I'm thinking maybe I ate my UD dinner last night too early. Plus, on days when I work at home and don't have conference calls to keep me busy all day, I start trolling the kitchen and get "bored hungry". I might have some extra cals today just to make it through. At least I know my next DD (Thurs) I will be super busy and distracted all day.

Forgot to add my number rating....I guess I'm somewhere between a 2 and 3. Usually I am a pretty consistent 3 - 4. :up:

Yam-Yam 09-04-2012 04:47 PM

Probably a 3.5 here. I made it until 3 p.m. without eating, then measured out 3.5 ounces of leftover sliced beef and ate it slowly. I've had about a gallon of water, have spent lots of time "peeing away the fat" :hyst: and stayed busy with a mountain of catch-up chores after being gone for a 4 day weekend.

Great thread idea! Thanks!

Carly 09-04-2012 05:00 PM

It's 7pm and I had no coffee today. Just green tea. I'm eating 1/2 a cup of FF cottage cheese as I type, but I can normally make it till 9pm so not a 5.

sdjade 09-04-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15920950)
"peeing away the fat"

Whenever I go to the bathroom on a DD, I tell my husband that I'm peeing away the fat. He laughs and tells me I'm gross, but I know he thinks I'm cute. :hyst:

marlamp10 09-04-2012 05:03 PM

Maybe a 4 or just under. Not bad, considering it's the first day of my period.

I had coffee with cream for breakfast and held off lunch until 2:30. Ate tuna salad with mayo and chopped egg for lunch (190 calories), drinking lots of water, and so far haven't been starving. The office has been pretty busy today, so I've been distracted.

I'm in my 4th week now, and the last several DDs have been very easy to push my first meal down to early/mid afternoon. I think that's because I generally eat a large meal for dinner on the UD that holds me quite awhile.

Tonight I have a dinner ready to eat but not quite feeling it yet. I have to be at a rehearsal in an hour, so I'm taking it with me and may not eat it for another couple of hours.

Carly 09-04-2012 05:05 PM

Besides peeing away the fat... I shiver away the fat every DD and it's still hot here. This winter will be miserable!

stephdray 09-04-2012 07:09 PM

I'm amending my 3 to a 2.5 b/c usually dinner holds me for the rest of the night, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it til bed without some broth or cucumbers or something. And I'm grumpy. I'm sipping water at the moment and telling myself that the extra hunger is the pain of my fat dissolving.

TryingJudd 09-04-2012 07:11 PM

Probably a 3. Lots of work and stress have me wanting to munch!

gotitnow 09-04-2012 07:48 PM

Enjoying this thread. Made me laugh. Need that! My DD has been a "4." Wasn't hungry all day until 6:30ish. Prob. cause I was a little over on yesterdays UD! (which is usually a DD) So, no surprise, since i pretty much had two UDs back to back! Oh, weeelllllll! :eek: :p Still love, love, love this WOL!!!!!!!!!

Phyl:heart:

sdjade 09-04-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephdray (Post 15921237)
...telling myself that the extra hunger is the pain of my fat dissolving.

It is funny how we "tell" ourselves stuff like peeing out the fat or pain is fat dissolving. Sometimes I get really hot at night and I tell myself that it must be because my metabolism is really fired up. Of course, then I totally expect to have a drop on the scale the next morning! :D

Anybody else "tell" themselves things to get them through the day (DD, work day, etc)? When I have a particularly unproductive day at work, I tell myself that I was just organizing/setting things up to have a SUPER productive day the next day. :hyst:

marlamp10 09-04-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 15920978)
Besides peeing away the fat... I shiver away the fat every DD and it's still hot here. This winter will be miserable!

Me too! Our office is way over-air-conditioned and on DDs I can't put on enough layers. And this is while it's still 105 outside. . . geez.

Yam-Yam 09-05-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdjade (Post 15921383)
It is funny how we "tell" ourselves stuff like peeing out the fat or pain is fat dissolving. Sometimes I get really hot at night and I tell myself that it must be because my metabolism is really fired up. Of course, then I totally expect to have a drop on the scale the next morning! :D

Anybody else "tell" themselves things to get them through the day (DD, work day, etc)? When I have a particularly unproductive day at work, I tell myself that I was just organizing/setting things up to have a SUPER productive day the next day. :hyst:

LOL! That's what I did last night. I had a very successful 300 calorie DD. I went to bed and was freezing. My feet felt like two blocks of ice. So, I just kept piling on the blankets and comforter and telling myself the coldness means my good brown fat is eating up my bad white fat. It was hard to fall asleep because I felt both hungry and cold.

Glad I stuck it out, though. I was pretty happy with the scale number this morning. Funny how I'm not hungry this morning, though.

After my 4 day food fest holiday weekend with all the BBQ parties and more white wine than I should have had, I was not surprised to see the darn scale up that same pesky 5 pounds I had a couple of weeks ago. :annoyed:

This morning? 5 pounds down. Wowzers. What other WOE forgives 4 days of bad eating behavior in one good DD???:confused:

I think I'm really at a set point right now and my body is fighting me. I've had a few DDs where I had serious hunger pangs and pains and that is unusual for me. I've heard others talking about hunger as pain but I have never experienced it until recently.

Must say I don't like it too much. :p

vanilla_latte 09-05-2012 11:02 AM

At this moment, it's a toss up if the plant on my desk or my pinkie looks more appetizing. Either is in danger right now!

I just tell myself that I had plenty of food yesterday that is doing double duty right now to carry me through the day. My stomach is fighting this seemingly ridiculous thought, however. Loudly, I might add!

Avicenna 09-05-2012 11:17 AM

It's inspiring to hear there are so many good DD's out there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanilla_latte (Post 15922478)

At this moment, it's a toss up if the plant on my desk or my pinkie looks more appetizing. Either is in danger right now!

When I was doing LC I started to look at my pet fish in their fishtank in a new light whenever I got hungry...

stephdray 09-05-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15922425)
LOL! That's what I did last night. I had a very successful 300 calorie DD. I went to bed and was freezing. My feet felt like two blocks of ice. So, I just kept piling on the blankets and comforter and telling myself the coldness means my good brown fat is eating up my bad white fat. It was hard to fall asleep because I felt both hungry and cold.

I love that story! I haven't had the shivers yet on JUDDD but when it happens, I'm totally going to blame it on these marauding brown fat cells.

Quote:

After my 4 day food fest holiday weekend with all the BBQ parties and more white wine than I should have had, I was not surprised to see the darn scale up that same pesky 5 pounds I had a couple of weeks ago. :annoyed:

This morning? 5 pounds down. Wowzers. What other WOE forgives 4 days of bad eating behavior in one good DD???:confused:
Well done!

Quote:

I think I'm really at a set point right now and my body is fighting me. I've had a few DDs where I had serious hunger pangs and pains and that is unusual for me. I've heard others talking about hunger as pain but I have never experienced it until recently.

Must say I don't like it too much. :p
Yes, contrary to what some rather presumptuous people spout off, hunger can be painful. I suspect it has to do with the hormones being pumped out. My early JUDDD days were accompanied by stomach cramps and headaches. That doesn't happen anymore for me, thank goodness. But I haven't forgotten it either. Here's hoping that your hunger goes away completely or settles down into something more manageable!

stephdray 09-05-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanilla_latte (Post 15922478)

I just tell myself that I had plenty of food yesterday that is doing double duty right now to carry me through the day. My stomach is fighting this seemingly ridiculous thought, however. Loudly, I might add!

((hug))

Jbinme 09-05-2012 11:51 AM

3-have had better, have had worse.

sipping some broth to calm the hunger.

zipp2play 09-05-2012 12:29 PM

4 - today is going really well!

claireann 09-05-2012 01:41 PM

1 - I had my first DD failure and now I feel rotten. I'm putting it down to TOM because I feel pretty miserable all round - sad, on edge, moody. This is my first bad DD where I just didn't have the will or the strength to stay anywhere near my calories. I'm thinking I'm going to go to bed early and get this day behind me.

KathyL 09-05-2012 02:17 PM

4 here. Monday's was a 5 but today I don't have the same energy level. I am looking forward to dinner though.....3.25 hours to go! LOL

vanilla_latte 09-05-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avicenna (Post 15922526)
It's inspiring to hear there are so many good DD's out there!

When I was doing LC I started to look at my pet fish in their fishtank in a new light whenever I got hungry...

:hyst:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephdray (Post 15922554)
((hug))

Backatcha, my dear! :hugs:

I had the aforementioned coffee earlier and just finished my YoCheese Pudding. :yummy: I'm at a 5 at the moment. Check with me again in a few. :laugh:

sdjade 09-05-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireann (Post 15922879)
1 - I had my first DD failure and now I feel rotten. I'm putting it down to TOM because I feel pretty miserable all round - sad, on edge, moody. This is my first bad DD where I just didn't have the will or the strength to stay anywhere near my calories. I'm thinking I'm going to go to bed early and get this day behind me.

TOM is tough. :hugs: I've had a few going to bed early days. They say sleep helps with weight loss. ;)

KeirasMom 09-05-2012 03:13 PM

Today's DD would have to be rated a 4. I've had DDs of all levels, but this one's good.