Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #2161
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,297
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
I had my potatoes, cottage cheese, and salsa and so far I still feel full. About an hour or so before beddy bye time.
JMBM is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #2162
Senior LCF Member
 
kh155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario/GWN
Posts: 154
Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
Sounds like you had an excellent DD, Beverly!
kh155 is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #2163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,875
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
So sorry to hear about the job insecurity SlowSure. That does make it tough, like you say, to plan for anything. I hope it will all get confirmed very soon.
Thank you. DH has been going from one short term or fixed term contract to another since 2000 (not of his own volition, just the way the business sector has gone). He's so sick of the grind of working one contract while having to try and find the next one to end on to the current one. He could do with the relative calm of a permanent post - even though he rationally knows that nothing comes with a guarantee and 'permanent' is just a word that indicates, "no immediate end-point is set".

It's almost impossible for him to commit to something domestic or plan a holiday because he never knows where he'll be or what his commitments are beyond the end of a contract (typically, contracts are 12 weeks or less) and whether, even if he's free, he has to be available for interview etc.

With just on 48hrs to go before his contract was due to end, it was good to learn yesterday that he had an extension as he's been working such long hours that he hasn't had the time to look for a contract elsewhere. But it's doing nothing for his morale and overall outlook.

Thank you for that vent. I can rarely talk to him about it because he's so stressed.

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-18-2013 at 02:02 AM..
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #2164
Major LCF Poster!
 
LiLi914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,046
Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Yesterday ended up being an MD. I saved all my calories for dinner because a friend wanted to go out. I ended up going about 350 calories over. I was proud of myself because I opened the menu and looked for a low calorie weight watchers meal. Usually I would have just ordered what I wanted.

This is what I love about JUDDD, the WOE that forgives.
LiLi914 is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #2165
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,003
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nice work Lisa, you did very well!

SlowSure, it must be very stressful for both you and DH. The job climate here is so unstable, and I am sure you do your best to be grateful, but short term contracts stink. He is very lucky to have you giving him love and encouragement.

Wise decision Beverly, choose your favourite dinner and look forward to that.

Last edited by Kissa; 04-18-2013 at 05:52 AM..
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #2166
Senior LCF Member
 
kh155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario/GWN
Posts: 154
Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Yesterday ended up being an MD. I saved all my calories for dinner because a friend wanted to go out. I ended up going about 350 calories over. I was proud of myself because I opened the menu and looked for a low calorie weight watchers meal. Usually I would have just ordered what I wanted.

This is what I love about JUDDD, the WOE that forgives.
Lisa, I would be proud of myself, too for making the better choice! WTG!
I haven't tested myself yet so I'll keep your success in mind when I do.
kh155 is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #2167
Senior LCF Member
 
kh155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario/GWN
Posts: 154
Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
I think I'm experiencing the Magic today!
I feel happy and energetic and very optimistic about achieving my weight loss goal. I'm not obsessing about food or feeling any hunger unlike my last DD on Tuesday.
I would say today is a 5+ day.

I ordered some shiritake noodles and hopefully they'll arrive in time for dinner. If not, I might go grab some cabbage and whip up the cabbage/LC/chicken concoction from the thread that I drooled over last night.
kh155 is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #2168
Senior LCF Member
 
1annewil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NE Mississippi
Posts: 796
Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/150/162
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
I'm trying to get back to regular Judd rotations-life has so interfered since early November-that and my lack of will power during the holidays. I'm up 15 lbs but down two this week with 3 good days and half way through another dd. I'm using Gina's yellow cake recipe on the Ouizoid's flour thread with blueberries. I eat 3 at lunch and three at supper with 100 calories lo cal butter. I feel satisfied on that. It is around 600 cal altogether. Right now it's working for me.
1annewil is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #2169
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,196
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Pretty good so far today. I haven't had anything but iced tea so far, and am just now getting a little hungry. I'll have my coffee w/cream in about an hour, and then try to make it to dinner with just more iced tea and crystal light. Dinner is several slices of bacon (yummmmm).
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #2170
Senior LCF Member
 
AndyBFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 209
Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Thank you. DH has been going from one short term or fixed term contract to another since 2000 (not of his own volition, just the way the business sector has gone). He's so sick of the grind of working one contract while having to try and find the next one to end on to the current one. He could do with the relative calm of a permanent post - even though he rationally knows that nothing comes with a guarantee and 'permanent' is just a word that indicates, "no immediate end-point is set".

It's almost impossible for him to commit to something domestic or plan a holiday because he never knows where he'll be or what his commitments are beyond the end of a contract (typically, contracts are 12 weeks or less) and whether, even if he's free, he has to be available for interview etc.

With just on 48hrs to go before his contract was due to end, it was good to learn yesterday that he had an extension as he's been working such long hours that he hasn't had the time to look for a contract elsewhere. But it's doing nothing for his morale and overall outlook.

Thank you for that vent. I can rarely talk to him about it because he's so stressed.
Oh, I absolutely know exactly how he feels. I happened to graduate school when the worst of the recession hit here. And I was graduating in an already saturated job field. I had over $200K of student loan debt, and no hope for permanent employment. I actually did very well on contract positions. They paid extremely well, however, I never had any job security. Our contracts weren't even for a fixed time, so any moment you got a call and were told you had no job the next day. I went through 5 or 6 rounds of that over a 5 year period. I have had a regular job now for 5 years, but I remember the stress of contract work all too well and I know that if something happens now, I'm back to that again. We didn't do anything for those 5 years, no vacations, no big purchases and socked away every dime I made because we had no idea when the next contract would come. But, I felt fortunate to have work as so many of my colleagues didn't. I feel even that much more fortunate of my job now and try to remember how grateful I am every time I have a bad day. Here's to hoping he land's somewhere "permanent" soon!
AndyBFK is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #2171
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,003
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I was around a 3 today. Not the fault of JUDDD, just lack of sleep and horrid weather that kept me home all day. I ate a little more than I usually do. Perhaps 550, but that is okay. now and again.

Wasted my day playing solitaire!
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #2172
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Mine is going well. Only, I couldn't resist 2 T of HWC in my coffee just now. That means I'm at 303 cals for the day. I should just do without the rest of the night...we'll see how that goes.
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #2173
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 273
Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
I would give today a 3 for me, maybe a 3.5. Not bad for only my third DD ever. My hunger isn't bad, I mean I am hungry, but that doesn't bother me much. It's moreso I just want to eat food, because it tastes good, because I'm bored, because it makes me feel good...
Actually my first DD I felt much worse, I had a headache, ugh it was bad, but I was really giddy about starting the diet so my mood was great! LOL, regardless that I felt like crap. I would have given that day a 4 oddly enough!

TOM came today so the day just started out bad. My coffee I made turned out gross (too weak), so I tossed it, and rather than making more of that, I made espresso and tried it with almond milk, ew... so then I gave up. Had a protein shake and went to work, and made coffee there LOL. Everything went wrong today (not related to food) arghh! I wanted to come home and wake up on the other side of the bed.

But I am okay on calories still. Waiting for dinner until I absolutely need it. I had a skim latte today thinking it would really curb my hunger, but it hasn't, so I don't think I'll waste 80 calories on that again on DD (a small!). Still want to try mastering the almond milk latte though.

Just as long as this works (weight loss), it's totally worth it. I am not at all considering "giving in" to my hunger / food desires today. I just HOPE it works, and soon so I can have a little motivation to continue!
lc-chica is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #2174
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
You can do it chica!!! Good job on getting through your third DD, almost. I have faith in you. I am cooking 3 oz of potatoes to eat with a T of cottage chesee and salsa. Not eating did not work out.
Librarygirl is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #2175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,875
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
SlowSure, it must be very stressful for both you and DH. The job climate here is so unstable, and I am sure you do your best to be grateful, but short term contracts stink. He is very lucky to have you giving him love and encouragement.
You're very kind, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
Our contracts weren't even for a fixed time, so any moment you got a call and were told you had no job the next day. I went through 5 or 6 rounds of that over a 5 year period. ...We didn't do anything for those 5 years, no vacations, no big purchases and socked away every dime I made because we had no idea when the next contract would come. ...Here's to hoping he land's somewhere "permanent" soon!
DH's previous fixed term contract was supposed to be for 12 months (he'd been excited about having a 12month respite from ceaseless contract hunting). He'd been in post for 13 weeks when the Q3 figures came out and on his commute back home that night he got a phone call from the agent to say that all the contractors had been terminated because of the company's response to the quarterlies and he wasn't to go back in. We've been indefinitely delaying purchases to the point where I think that people like us could probably wipe out some of the depressed, austerity-led, economic demand, if we had the confidence to buy household goods without thinking it might ultimately prove to be an act of folly

I'm not sure even that him having a permanent post would mean that we'd trust it enough to make purchases. It's more the prospect of persuading him to take a 'proper holiday' for the first time in >15years because he wants to be nearby in case of sudden interviews.

That is all well and truly off my chest. Thank you so much for this vent.
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #2176
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 273
Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
You can do it chica!!! Good job on getting through your third DD, almost. I have faith in you. I am cooking 3 oz of potatoes to eat with a T of cottage chesee and salsa. Not eating did not work out.
Thank you!

I got through it, and am feeling wonderful today!!!
lc-chica is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #2177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,875
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Today's DD is a 5 for hunger (although between spending most of March on the potato hack and transitioning to a leptin reset since, I don't think I've been hungry since February which is an odd reflection - I've occasionally wanted to eat just to introduce some variation on a bad day but that's a very different hunger).

DH's DD is being interrupted by a business evening again - of course, he still maintains and even loses despite sometimes only having 1 DD a week.

My mood is a good 4 because I'm very much looking forward to a canoe trip tomorrow. I hope the sun shines.
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #2178
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,916
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Canoe trip sounds like loads of fun!

My DD is a 4 so far but it's early yet. I have to make it through a business lunch and a dinner with the in-laws. Shooting for a high DD because my calories have been really low the last couple of days. So 600 or so calories should get me through. Have a great day all!
TryingJudd is online now  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #2179
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 788
Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size, which impacts site performance. Please create a new thread and continue your discussion there. Thank you.
Kathy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.