Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Resveratrol? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/782408-resveratrol.html)

aprilmarie 09-04-2012 07:10 AM

Resveratrol?

I have never heard of the JUDDD diet until today! I went to Dr. Johnson's website and he talks about his Resveratrol pills along with the diet? Is everyone taking these pills? Are they necessary for this diet to work? How do they help with the diet? This diet sounds intriguing, I may give it a try, just wondering about the pills, I haven't seen them mentioned on this board.

Thanks!!

KeirasMom 09-04-2012 07:48 AM

Resveratrol is used by many on this forum with good results. There's also another newer supplement called pterostilbene which is supposed to mime the effects of calorie restriction. I don't have good results with either, but most supplements don't work well for me. Many see good appetite suppression with either or a combination of the two, as well as increased energy. I get headaches with Resveratrol, and don't notice any difference with pterostilbene. YMMV, and I have good results without either, so they're not necessary, just give an added nudge. Good luck!

b_lou_who 09-04-2012 08:04 AM

after being away for intermittent fasting long enough to turn the SIRT1 gene back off (sigh) I added pterostilbene (Jarrow 50mg capsules 2-3 times a day on an empty stomach) and can state that for me it completely mimics the feeling of SIRT1 active and sirtuin flowing. Lack of hunger and ease of fasting being the primaries. Based on my experience I would recommend trying it for the first 2-3 weeks or so while getting your fasting gene activated.
I know there are products out there packaging resveratrol and pterostilbene together if you want to try that route. Happy Intermittent Fasting!

stephdray 09-04-2012 08:07 AM

I don't think it's necessary. But it may help.

I recently added the second supplement that starts with a P, the spelling of which I'm too lazy to look up, and I have to admit, it's been the easiest week of JUDDD so far, so maybe it's helpful!

Whitlin' 09-04-2012 08:09 AM

Hi, aprilmarie. Also do a "search" and you'll find threads about Resveratrol on this forum, they've just been scooted back by all the new threads.

I haven't happened to use it, but have heard good things from people who have.

Best wishes to you.

Carly 09-04-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15919853)
Resveratrol is used by many on this forum with good results. There's also another newer supplement called pterostilbene which is supposed to mime the effects of calorie restriction. I don't have good results with either, but most supplements don't work well for me. Many see good appetite suppression with either or a combination of the two, as well as increased energy. I get headaches with Resveratrol, and don't notice any difference with pterostilbene. YMMV, and I have good results without either, so they're not necessary, just give an added nudge. Good luck!

I take both. The resveratrol I could probably do without, but I love the pterostilbene. I've been taking that for 1 month today!

SoHappy 09-04-2012 05:26 PM

I don't take the products but do JUDDD by the rotations. Love it, and it works wonderfully all by itself for me.

HomeWorkerMT 11-25-2012 05:55 PM

What is the average amount everyone is taking of the "p" supplement? I saw B Lou Who takes 2 or 3 a day but the bottle says 1.

Thanks!
Laura

Carly 11-25-2012 06:04 PM

Usually just 50mgs of pterostilbene. That is 1 capsule. I have taken a second one about 3 times, but only recently. I would not have done that the first couple months. I don't know if it matters, but I would start with 50 mgs a day and then see how you feel.

Kissa 11-26-2012 06:02 AM

I take just one and only on DDs, seems just about right for me. Listen to your own body.