Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
What do you do when your UD and DD are over the limit for calories

I always have the best of intentions but

I have kept track all of August and my UP averaged 218 too many each day and my DD were also 219 over I have been doing one MD a week and those were 230 calories over too

I did go down 1 # but, but, but

I just do not want to gain!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
It sounds like you are doing fine.

Two things to keep in mind are these:

Those numbers we are given for our Up and Down Days are only the average of a great population, and they are where we start. For most of us, they work just fine. They are shown to be *our* numbers. But for an occasional person, they may not be correct.

For example, there are a few who weigh and measure their food every single day, and don't go over their numbers, and they still can't lose much. So the ugly truth may be.. for them, the UD number may be too high still. It may be to high for them individually. Their metabolism may still be slower and unable to burn as many calories as the calculator gives them. They have to cut down on those UDs in order to lose.

And the opposite can also be true. Your individual numbers can be higher than the calculator gives, and you can still lose the weight! Woo Hoo! Your metabolism is running along at a better burn rate than many of us are blessed with, and you get more calories! And once you're down to your goal weight, you will have to eat at higher than expected calorie level to keep from getting too slim. What a problem to have. It sounds like you're metabolic burn rate is taking care of those extra calories just fine!

Another thing that many of us notice is that by staying true to our calorie numbers.. that is, by keeping below our calorie ceiling on Down Days and eating up to our calorie ceiling on our Up Days, that alternating cycle between fasting and feasting acts like a piston, sort of hitting bottom and then bouncing/pounding back up against our calorie ceiling again, and somehow that seems to be able to pound that UD calorie ceiling even higher for many of us. It's like a way to increase our ability to burn extra calories instead of packing the extra back into fat cells again.

By doing good and true DDs, we awaken stimulate our SIRT-1 gene to really get to work, and then we reap the benefit of its action of directing energy to be burned rather than to be stored! Yay! Enjoy your extra calories. As long as it's working for you, relax and be happy.

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-03-2012 at 05:50 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
And you know if you gain a pound or few above where you want to limit your maintenance weight, you can just cut the calories down a bit again and get your weight back down where you want to maintain it. I think maintenance is still a bunch of balancing. It's a lot like balancing in the middle of a teeter totter or along a tightrope.

Just weigh often enough (I still do daily..) to know when to tweak up a bit or down a bit. Looks like you are slim and trim. Certainly one of our inspirations here!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
The fact that all your calories are too high by almost the exact same amount may support what Pat is saying. Your numbers may actually be about 200 higher. If you're losing at an acceptable speed to you, don't stress about it. If you want to lose more, see if you can cut back a bit.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Thanks ever so much for the reply! I will go with it too!

I just do not want to regain like I did back in June - July!

Thanks Again!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote