Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
The moderation fairies have visited my brain! I think that's the most amazing thing for me
JUDDD
I love the moderation fairies! I'm still not 100% used to them being around, but they are always welcome.
sdjade is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I look forward to eating sandwiches. Actual bread But it was always a trigger for me so I still find myself eating burgers, tuna salad and such without bread alot of the time. I had a hard time with FUDGE when I first started on JUDDD. I was like "hey I can eat this now!", so I would make it,devour the whole batch and then hate myself later. It got to be an every UD thing. It got so bad I actually gave up on JUDDD for awhile because I couldn't control myself on UD's and DD's were a joke, they started out as DD's, but the would turn into UUAD's. This time around, I find myself craving strawberries. Which is better than fudge and cookies I guess. I don't even buy cookies or anything like that anymore because even though when I would first buy them, I would tell myself, "I'll put ration these out in single serving sizes!" I would always find myself sitting and eating the whole box.

Strawberries with a little bit of whipped cream or Walden Farms chocolate dip is my go to snack now.
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post
I am always craving Mexican food, so to be able to eat it and still be dieting is amazing! I would definitely not say that it is out of my system though. I think I have changed on how I eat out though because I don't feel like I have to stuff my face with every last chip with guac knowing that it will be forever before I eat there again.

One thing I would say I have gotten out of my system is cheap snack foods. I hadn't had a twinkie since probably grade school and decided to buy a pack at the grocery store just because I could. UGH! Talk about processed oily junk. It was a waste, but I consider it a lesson learned.
I think you've made a good point here. After years here, more on than off, of low carb, I just wanted the foods I'd had in my life so many years ago, when I was slender, and when I just ate *real* food, but didn't worry about how many carbs it contained. A summertime picnic could have cold fried chicken and baked beans and potato salad and homemade chocolate cake. And lemonade, also homemade with real lemons. And sugar. We didn't abhor the crispy flour crust on the chicken, or the beans, or the potatoes in the salad. We enjoyed the meal and said, "Yum, yum, Aunt Bee! You've outdone yourself again, hasn't she, Opie?!!!" It really was simple and sweet like that. We really did churn homemade ice cream with peaches in it when the peaches came ripe and juicy in August.

I just truly enjoy having those foods back again.

The interesting thing for me is this: After years of shopping the outside aisles of the grocery stores and skipping the processed manufactured crap foods packaged and lining the shelves of the inner aisles of the groceries... almost nothing has changed about that. My grocery shopping still doesn't include much from those inner aisles. I still don't spend many nickles on processed manufactured crap foods.

What has changed is that I now allow and buy and enjoy the higher carb veggies and all the fruits that I had missed so much for so long. Don't get me wrong. I love cauliflower. But when I want a loaded baked potato, I really don't want it to be... cauliflower instead. You know? I love, love, love berries with cream. But occasionally I want a banana.

Occasionally I'll bake something. I do love artisan breads. I've enjoyed making some desserts, and you know those are almost always the old basics like chocolate chip cookies, etc. made with plain flour and including sugar. We like them. We don't go overboard eating them. But it's happy to have them sometimes.

Manufactured over-processed junk is still lining the shelves everywhere. We don't eat much of it. Those things were not the foods I was missing the most.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
^^^^^This could have been me talking....and now I must distract myself!......until tomorrow anyway!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Am I in the minority? I'm enjoying adding things *back* to my menu. Specifically carby things (caveat coming, wait a sec).
The moderation fairies have visited my brain! I think that's the most amazing thing for me
JUDDD
That is really what I mean. None of these things are out of my system in the sense that I will never have them again. I just mean that I no longer have to eat them over and over again, to excess.

Some foods I am now moderate about. But I had three cheeseburgers yesterday for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:49 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
PIZZA! On a real crust!

Yes, Stephanie. Those compulsive - wow! this tastes amazing no matter how many times I eat it - deluges do calm down into wow - that was a great dinner (or lunch).

Ride the wave, enjoy the freedom, and watch the calories. Cheeseburgers will remain complete bliss. Even when you only want them once or twice a week.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:01 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Dark chocolate, I think. I ate it every day for the first month or two. It's only with your question that I realize I haven't had it in ages.

Another surprise is that pasta never calls. I thought I'd be thrilled to include it again, but there's no draw.

Same with bread, unless it's to-die-for delicious, which has only happened once or twice in five months.

Having said this, my relationship with moderation is still in its infancy. The biggest changes for me are about what I'm surprised to love or not love. Lots to learn yet about being comfortable eating small amounts at an overflowing table.

Thanks for the thread.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #38

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
That is really what I mean. None of these things are out of my system in the sense that I will never have them again. I just mean that I no longer have to eat them over and over again, to excess.

Some foods I am now moderate about. But I had three cheeseburgers yesterday for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Now that's my kind of menu!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I thought it would be chips for me, but as has been mentioned above, I rarely want them. I think I've had potato chips two or three times since starting JUDDD in December! That's huge for me. I do have tortilla chips and salsa when we go out for Mexican food, but just a few and I'm good.
Tortilla Chips & Salsa. I absolutely love that I can have them on UD now! I am one who used to spoon the salsa on my plate to dip my protein in because I couldn't have the chips. Salsa is an addiction of mine!
Quote:

JUDDD
I can't believe that this has clicked so well with JUDDD. Another healing benefit that I am enjoying! I can't remember a time in my life, where I truly didn't want or crave seconds when eating my fav dishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post
One thing I would say I have gotten out of my system is cheap snack foods. I hadn't had a twinkie since probably grade school and decided to buy a pack at the grocery store just because I could. UGH! Talk about processed oily junk. It was a waste, but I consider it a lesson learned.
I haven't bought any processed foods while on JUDDD and my DH lives on snack bars and cookies! Our cupboards are overflowing w/ junk, because he does the grocery shopping. When I give him the list for what I would like, he sort of gets a puzzled look. LOL! I mean it isn't hard to find lemons, zucchini, avocado, & raw mac nuts.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
^^^ love that Jade. ^^^^
we learn so much more from one experience than from buckets of talk
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #41

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
One thing I still wonder at is being able to grab a readymade sandwich from a garage (service station) or store, when I am out and about.

I can even do it on a DD if the calorie count is clear and not too high. It is so freeing after years of LC.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
One thing I still wonder at is being able to grab a readymade sandwich from a garage (service station) or store, when I am out and about.
Yeah, but Cindy you live in a place where garages put avocado and chicken on their sandwiches!!! (Hint, if you ever visit my location do not plan to grab eats gas stations.)

Five Guys fries.....golly, it has been over a year. I need to get seven or eight friends together and go split a 'regular' order of those fresh fries!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
I went through that a lot when I started JUDDD - I would go through a phase for a couple weeks where I would be obsessed with a food on UD's and then get over it.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Yeah, but Cindy you live in a place where garages put avocado and chicken on their sandwiches!!! (Hint, if you ever visit my location do not plan to grab eats gas stations.)

Five Guys fries.....golly, it has been over a year. I need to get seven or eight friends together and go split a 'regular' order of those fresh fries!
Bwahaha! I was trying to envision one truck stop or gas station that would have anything that remotely looked/tasted yumm. NOT!

I didn't order the fries Nancy, but the DH did and he could only eat about 4 because his hamburger was "overwhelmingly" monstrous. I have to admit to tasting one and it is truly freshly cut from the potato. Unbelievable.

Last edited by sunday; 09-05-2012 at 11:20 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
None actually.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
The carbs and sweets still call to me - a throw back to being LC for so long, plus they just taste great. No, I haven't gotten them out of my system!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/156/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I was thinking the same thing - but oh, Cindy, how your post made me long for Pret A Manger!

This thread is making me realize that it's quite miraculous how moderate my eating is compared to b.JUDDD. Sure I eat more than I strictly need, but I can't remember when I last ate lots of chocolate or cake, for example. Those were my downfalls - I'd sit with a bag of mini-Kit-Kats or whatever and just zone out. So sad. So happy and grateful that I don't have to do that anymore.

JUDDD and you all.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Had a thought, as I was talking to DH about him joining in the JUDDD fun.

Moderation seems to be taking hold for me. I'm hoping that by, say, March, for him as well.

What if (this is sort of heresy? maybe not?) we could bring back some foods that I've said goodbye to forever?

bananas, peaches, plums.

What if I could make some of my family traditional/famous foods again, knowing that we wouldn't be doing something "bad" by eating them, as long as we count the calories?

I'm still not a fan of sugar, straight up. But I sure do miss the banana bread/cake my mom and I have made my entire life, ya know?

Just a thought, not for now, but to ruminate on for later...

Pensively,
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #49

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm with you, Soren. I am SCARED to add back sugar in any significant amount. I have added back some fruit (had a banana the other day....YUM) and am really bummed that I missed watermelon season.

I'm really hoping we can add back stuff like homemade banana bread (I haven't even considered that for....well forever).

Like you said, something to think about for another day.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
I'm confident that you will tame it. Somewhere around the fourth week for me, I had a binge in which I inhaled an entire loaf of bread. I couldn't stop. Part of it was confidence, cravings, and of course, the guile of some awesome bread. I felt sick and was pretty furious with myself the next day. But it came off relatively quickly and in the next few weeks my mind started changing about such things. I'm kind of glad it happened. I got it out of my system.
Oh, gee, thank you. I did the same thing last night. THought I was over all the binge issues. There was only 5 oz left in the freezer but I polished them all off with butter. This turned a DD into a MD

Having said that, I don't seem to have cravings or overdo on UDs but something about the brain hunger of the DD sent me over the edge last night.

Last edited by cici52; 10-01-2012 at 03:42 PM..
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Just happened to think I don't have any desire to stop at any fast food chains. Too much other good stuff to spend those calories on.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
For me, it's probably pasta and bread. I cut them out when I went LC, but added them back in when I started JUDDD. And at first, it was wonderful, no more forbidden foods!!! But I hated the way the made me feel. At the end of every UD, I felt crappy and a little regretful. So I just stopped except for an occasional treat, which still leaves me feeling crappy. And I really don't miss them thanks to discovering spaghetti squash and nut butter bread (both of which I learned about through this board). It's nice knowing I CAN have them but nicer to not really crave them anymore. Even my sweets cravings are way more in control and easily satisfied by a sugar free hot chocolate or sugar free cheesecake. I feel like a different person.
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazynanc
Stats: 148/144/113
WOE: JUDDD/FastFive/5:2
Start Date: November 2011
For me it's ice cream. I used to crave ice cream like every two weeks. And once I bought it I would eat some every single day until it was gone.

But now...I still occasionally want ice cream (maybe every month or two) but then after my first time, I forget it's in the freezer!!!

BTW, five guys is delicious!!!!! Get the Little Hamburger (only 1 patty, as opposed two the two patties on the regular) with all the fixins and it's a little over 500 calories. Still a lot, but not bad for dinner on an UD! Never get the fries - it's a never ending bag of fries.
crazynanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
I bought 4 boxes of Walker's shortbread cookies and ate two right away. The other two are there in the cabinet lonely and waiting. They're just not calling to me right now.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
If only I could learn to moderate myself with Nutella. I quit buying it, along with snack cakes and cookies (Pinwheels) because I can't control myself with it. 2 tbsp of Nutella more often than not turned into spoon+Nutella= whole jar gone in one sitting and 1 snack cake= whole box gone in one sitting. So I quit trying to moderate myself with my weaknesses and just go without them period. Low to moderate carb JUDDD works better for me anyway.
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I had to throw away a jar of Nutella that had gotten old. I guess I still haven't gotten sweets out of my system...I feel like it's not a UD if I don't have something delicious for dessert: very good ice cream, pie or cake (something great!)...it does happen, but I don't like it.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Reading this i realise i had chocolate and ice cream very often on an UD to start with but now haven't had them for ages, or even thought about them really.
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Spicy Tuna Sauce

This sauce is best made with fresh basil and garlic. It's a flavorful red-sauce that goes perfectly with pasta, and calls out for a tangy romano cheese. Make it in a big batch, because it's addictive. If you have a family to feed, you might also want to add it to your Once-a-Month-Cooking repoitoire because it freezes beautifully. The most versatile aspect of this tuna sauce is that it's hard to ruin. If you put in more tuna, it will still come out fine. Too many cans of tomatoes? Just add a dash more spice. All you have is a bottled red sauce, and no tomatoes? Fine. This recipe can be thrown together with ingredients you have on hand, even if they're not the exact same ones called for. Best served on angel hair pasta, but can be served on fettucini or whatever else you have on hand.

Ingredient List
1 large onion (yellow or white is best)
2-3 cans of tuna in water, undrained
1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (or similar pepper sauce)
3 cans of diced/crushed tomatoes, 14 oz. each
1 small can tomato paste (optional)
4 cloves garlic (I sometimes use more)
1 tbsp. olive oil
10 fresh basil leaves, chopped up (I grab a huge handful from my garden.)
1 Bay Leaf
1/4 cup romano or parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Chop onion
2. In a large sauce pot/pan, fry the onion in olive oil until translucent.
3. Mince garlic or use a garlic press to crush it into the olive oil and onion mixture. (I often use my magic bullet to chop it up.)
4. Add tuna and tuna water to the pot.
5. Tear up basil into small pieces, or chop with a knife
6. Add crushed tomatoes to the pot and bayleaf. Bring to a boil.
7. Add basil, cheese, and hot sauce to the pot.
8. Continue to simmer.
10. Add salt and pepper to the tuna sauce according to your personal taste. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently so that it doesn't burn.
11. Pour over pasta and serve. Sprinkle with extra parmesan. Will be even better the next day.
I'm going to make this for my DD tomorrow, and use broccoli slaw or angel hair cabbage (pasta for BF).
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
after almost 18 months on JUDDD I still haven't gotten any flavor of Bluebell ice cream out of my system. They just keep coming out with new flavors to try.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm going to make this for my DD tomorrow, and use broccoli slaw or angel hair cabbage (pasta for BF).
Have you tried spaghetti squash? Love it in place of pasta.

Adi, at least you can feel free to keep eating all those new favors with JUDDD!

Hmmm, I don't think I will ever get over pizza, cocktails, or chocolate...which is why this is the only plan I can see ever being thin on.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote