Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I take a good multi, mega d3, k2, zinc, IP6, plenty of c, potassium salt, alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle, excellent probiotics, pterostilbine, diatomaceous earth and natural calm mag, I soak in magnesium baths regularly, take a good b complex, adding 5htp and maybe SAM-e (thanks piratej)
I have taken GABA, don't like how it feels though
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Marie: Eating Greek Yogurt or drinking a glass of milk before bed definitely helps me sleep better. Greek yogurt would be really good with vitamins for assimilating them.

Whitlin' - I for one love hearing all your suggestions. Keep 'em comin'. Yes, we are all 29 and holding.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
C'Marie- I wish you a good nights sleep. It's so miserable to not get the sleep you need.
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I recommend 2 tylenol PM. Helps ease the pain and helps me sleep. I think it may make me a little bloated when I wake, because I tend to visit the ladies room a lot mid-morning with a slight whoosh by afternoon. I take way to many rx meds- all that should sedate an army of men, but I can't sleep without those 2 Tylenol PM. I do have a paradoxical effect with most meds. If it's supposed to make you tired I get hyper, but the Tylenol PM works correctly for me.

I have the crazy sleepwalking/ eating thing which I've has for 15 years and 1 month, but whose counting... the last week has been much better... I think, my wife says it's better too, but she's JUDDDing and sleeping better so she may just be sleeping through my night time antics.

Weight is going down so suspect I have not been eating even if I'm sleepwalking a bit.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I recommend 2 tylenol PM. Helps ease the pain and helps me sleep. I think it may make me a little bloated when I wake, because I tend to visit the ladies room a lot mid-morning with a slight whoosh by afternoon. I take way to many rx meds- all that should sedate an army of men, but I can't sleep without those 2 Tylenol PM. I do have a paradoxical effect with most meds. If it's supposed to make you tired I get hyper, but the Tylenol PM works correctly for me.

I have the crazy sleepwalking/ eating thing which I've has for 15 years and 1 month, but whose counting... the last week has been much better... I think, my wife says it's better too, but she's JUDDDing and sleeping better so she may just be sleeping through my night time antics.

Weight is going down so suspect I have not been eating even if I'm sleepwalking a bit.
I read about a guy once who was a sleepwalker. He tied a rope around his ankle, left some slack for movement, and tied the other end to the bedpost. I don't remember whether this helped in any way or not.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
C'Marie, I'd definitely suggest the sublingual ones for you, then. There are two types - the tablets that dissolve under the tongue and the sprays that you spray under the tongue or onto the inner cheeks. You're just getting this into your system through the soft tissues of the mouth, rather than traversing your digestive system. The word to look for regarding B-12 is methylcobalamin rather than the synthetic cyanocobalamin, which has to be converted by the body to the natural form. Many people say that the sprays are better tasting, if only because you taste them for a shorter period of time.

Another stray thought on sleep is that, in general for women, sometimes it's the simple ordinary old loss of estrogen and progesterone that does a number on our sleep? Not necessarily advocating that anyone check out bioidentical hormones, but it's worth keeping some records on what the time of life is and what the menstrual cycle is doing at onset of these problems in case they get worse and you want to seek out a doctor. Don't anybody get upset with me for suggesting age-related factors - as far as I know we are all 29 like me!
My thought too. I'm well into menopause age and my first real sessions of hot flushes bought my first sleepless nights. I've always slept like a baby even in times of stress. I knew I just couldn't cope with life if I didn't get my sleep. My mother subsisted on hardly any sleep after her menopause kicked in and even now she can't sleep a whole night through.

It was this more than the sweating that got me on BHRT and boy am I glad I did! It's youth juice. I sleep just like I always have now - out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Worth getting your levels checked out?

I wake early in the summer but I make up for it by sleeping in until 9.00 in the winter. It's our natural rhythm.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I've been trying ALL sorts of things to help me sleep for the last month or so--melatonin, l-theanine, blue-blocking shades, etc, etc. I mentioned it to a friend a couple weeks ago and she recommended lavender (she's older than me & starting to go through menopause). So I bought 4oz of lavender flowers on ebay, got it in the mail yesterday, and made a little sachet (with about 1/2oz) which I left on my pillow all day so when I got into bed, it already smelled of lavender. Then I kept it near me all night.

I slept unusually deeply last night. I didn't hear my son making popcorn in the middle of the night, and I didn't hear *his* alarm, which goes off at least 20min before I get up & puts me in a bad mood. I also was able to go back to sleep for a couple hours after he left for school, which I often can't do.

I'm soaking some of the flowers in vodka so I can make a linen spray.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 09-07-2012 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: missing word
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Lavender is wonderful. I sprinkle some drops of the oil on my son's pillow if he's having restless nights.

It's been a bad year for lavender in the UK -far too wet. I even lost a couple of bushes.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I slept good last night but ended up dizzy this morning with my druggy routine. UGH! Now it's taken several hours this morning before I can go anywhere.

I have lavender. I will try that tonight!

So this morning I decided to take my multiple as well as an extra b12, along with my potassium and mag and D3. Taking anything at all I take with breakfast *should* give anything "energizing" about it to wear off, I think anyway.

I have a couple places I get vitamins. I cannot find a "sublingual" b complex. There's several choices for individual B's like b12 or b6 sublingual. Were you talking about just a liquid B complex or an actual sublingual?

And yes, I'm in menohell right now, I thought I was DONE with hot flashes but they have started up again, happens to me in the early early morning. It's not as bad as it was a year ago.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 09-07-2012 at 10:37 AM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Right, the liquids that you hold under the tongue for 30 seconds are another good choice, aren't they, and you might be able to find those more readily. There's one right on this site through Netrition that has 3 of the Bs.

I'll answer further because C'Marie hasn't been able to find the sprays and lozenges of B-complex. If in any way the info I give offends practices on this site, I apologize, and understand if it's deleted.

For subligual tablets (I now notice they are sometimes called "lozenges" to denote that they melt in the mouth) the one in my cabinet right now is Source Naturals orange, but they also have a peppermint flavor. There's is called "B Coenzymate Complex" and was bought at the vitamin store chain nearest me, The Vitamin Shoppe. VShoppe also has their own store-brand (they do use the word "lozenges") as well, right on the shelf whenever I've been in there. That doesn't mean other locations would, of course. But anytime I can't find something there the people are very knowledgeable and will either order the product in for me or take me right to their computer area and do the work of finding it on-line for me.

I popped one of the "Source" ones in my mouth to give you a current review. Eh, I certainly appreciate that they tried to flavor it, 'cause it's never going to taste particularly good, but not so bad. It's fatter/thicker than the Vitamin Shoppe brand and seems to take a little longer to dissolve. I also get a hint of the taste of a children's vitamin I remember - maybe the old Flintstones taste.

For B-complex sprays, I know brands I have seen available are L.A. Naturals, Vitamist, Micro Spray and Spray for Life. Dr Mercola's is B-12 only. The one in my cabinet right now is Better Body Basics brand's complex that they call "B-12 Plus", which I get through my workout folks online.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

C'Marie If you are not up for BHRT you could try some phytoestorgens. Red Clover tincture taken three times a day gives you a bit of relief.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Carly, I meant to say to you that in my caregiving responsibility here at home, the doctor firmly insists that the " PM " OTC meds or generics of them are excellent choices. I questioned this, but she says that the benefit of a good night's sleep so far outweighs any concern about the med that she feels confident.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
I just love this place...even if I do forget to come in daily. You guys are my kinda peeps. I just tried searching out JUDDD threads about CO since I just got my first jar and what do I find....but all y'all talking about all my issues and questions again. The yeast. The insomnia. The supplements. The JUDDD. We may not have all the answers yet....but by JUDDD it isn't for lack of trying.

So, my little yeasties have been screaming and demanding my attention, mostly it is the psoriasis, some boils/warts, constipation and insomnia that really bring me down. Systemic yeasties I think because I only ever got them on my girls (upper, plural) when I was pregnant and never in the other girly parts. I have been trying some kewl tricks to drown them out. Results vary on a daily basis; but, I'm not giving up. I am really thinking about complete sugar elimination for at least a couple of weeks, not sure if I will keep the rotations or just do very low carb/induction like for a couple of weeks and then come back to the JUDDD thing. I have been experimenting with ACV for a few weeks. Tried a little bit of soaking in borax here and there. CO is my latest addition.

Supplements? I seem to remember to take them about 3 or 4 times a week. I have acidophillus, D3, B12, Super B Complex, extra Biotin and a hair/nails/skin multi. The biotin is almost gone and doesn't seem to do much, so I think I will just stick with the smaller amount in the multi for a while. I really think my nails got more brittle and split more the more biotin I took which isn't what is supposed to happen at all.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot about the dizziness. The last couple of days are the first I've ever experienced them. I think it is a candida die off symptom, right? Anything that can be done about it other than zoning out. I had to go places and do things this weekend...thankfully dh has been driving so I don't have to worry as much about that. But, I am really not fond of the dizzy spells. They rank right up there with heart palpitations in my book of evil stuff.

Last edited by wiiiifit; 09-08-2012 at 10:29 PM..
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi wiiiiiiiiifit,
Sorry about the dizziness!

how long have you been doing the candida cleanse?

Have you seen our diatomaceous earth thread?
Silica supplementation (diatomaceous earth)
(ETA: I just found this thread, too: Diatomaceous Earth & Candida)

I don't have any "obvious" symptoms, but since I have diabetes, I wonder if it's likely I have some overgrowth anyway? They seem to be linked. And a diabetic can turn protein & fat into glucose, so low-carb hasn't entirely been the answer for me.

I was just checking some candida protocols and I take/do/avoid a lot of the things listed...iodine, magnesium, milk thistle, green tea, unrefined sea salt, no canned foods; also ordered shilajit (fulvic acid) recently on a whim!

I've also been "alkalizing" with limes/lemons, pH drops, baking soda & borax in my water. This seems to be a really important and effective step, so I'm glad I started doing that a few weeks ago.

Last edited by piratejenny; 09-09-2012 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: ETA
Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I read about a guy once who was a sleepwalker. He tied a rope around his ankle, left some slack for movement, and tied the other end to the bedpost. I don't remember whether this helped in any way or not.
You can only imagine what I have thought up and the suggestions I have received. When it first started in 1997 I was staying with my parents breifly. They wanted to set the motion detector for the staircase so the alarm would go off every time I went down to the kitchen They were serious!!!

I can't explain why, but I've been doing much better recently. No food missing in the morning for a while now!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I started taking Raspberry Ketones today in the hope that the hype is real and it actually moves the needle on the scale. I will report back.
Please do report on this ... I've been curious as well. I only take an "energy and metabolism" multivitamin and fish oil at this point, but I'm curious about the raspberry ketones.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
Thanks, Jenn. I haven't really been doing any official candida cleanse. I have just had so many skin issues for so long. It seems like I am always trying something new to make the psoriasis and its evil flare ups go away. I started the ACV for my psoriasis and after doing a little research it sure seemed like I was having candida die off symptoms. I didn't really give a lot of thought to candida before that...though I have had some fungal infection type of skin issues.

For me each of my 3 pregnancies brought about a new ugly skin problem. The first and worst was decided by the OBs to be PUPPPs (the rash of pregnancy) and they put me on prednisone which was just a horrid experience. At the end of my 2nd pregnancy I got psoriasis and have had it ever since. With my 3rd pregnancy came the fungal/yeast problems. I got ringworm, severe athletes foot and a terrible yeast infection in my breasts at around 7 months that time.

Anyway, after reading more about the natural treatments for candida...it just seems like I have already been trying a lot of these things for my skin issues anyway. I haven't tried a candida diet, at least not yet. I have done LC many times over the years and LC always seems to improve my skin problems which is why I was thinking about giving up sugar for a while. I know from previous attempts it is a big struggle for me and usually only short lived. If I even make it to two weeks...I suspect the psoriasis will heal a little better. It is probably negative thinking on my part I'm kind of going into it with an attitude of expecting to not be able to follow through. But, historically speaking I have always done a lot better with limiting sugar than eliminating it. So I dunno...I have probably thread jacked enough.

I saw the raspberry ketones on Dr Oz. I haven't ever tried them...but it looks interesting. I am always looking for the perfect new supplement. I just finished a library book on healing teas and came across a few new things to consider. Has anybody ever tried propolis, goldenseal, licorice or pau d'arco?
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wiifit, I can tell you that my assistant has psorasis and has used diatomacious earth and has reported (and I can see on her lower leg, lol) that it's much better, starts drying out very quickly with DE use faithfully. Her problem is we keep it at the office so we can both use it and she doesn't take it on weekends so I persuaded her to take some home. Hopefully that will help better.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I've given up trying to go natural for sleep and am resigned to taking my pills from my ND for now. I did stop taking anything at night besides those except magnesium and potassium. EVERYTHING else, I am taking in the morning, even my CO. I have resumed almost all my other supplements but am doing morning or early afternoon dosing only. I am sleeping better but of course having trouble feeling "drugged" in the mornings. I have a deadline that ends soon and then will try to wean off that cr@p again.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry you're still having trouble.

How does your assistant use the DE? Topically, internally, how much?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

@PJ the DE she just takes a spoonful in water, stirs it up and downs it. Followed by another glass of water to rinse the dirt out of her teeth LOL..... she also believes it has made a difference in how much she has to use her inhaler with the asthma. She notices changes in both psorasis and asthma when she's off it for a few days.

And I took one of the wrong pills and didn't sleep worth a darn last night - took the lessor muscle relaxer instead of the heavier one. UGH. Good thing it's an up day today. I don't do well on no sleep AND no food LOL.

Last edited by C'Marie; 09-11-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

been taking 5htp for several days now, and sleeping well. I slip in and out of REM very easily, just like when I was YOUNG
L-carnitine really helps with appetite, which I know a jillion people have said over the years, but I never acquired any until now. The combination of those two might even be helping my tired old brain function.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good to know, B_lou_who
thanks for the info. You may have to remind me, as I'm not taking either of those right now and might forget, but I won't forget your sweet face
Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One of the first people who started drinking DE after I posted about it (on the hair care forum) had a vast improvement in her asthma, too. It's good stuff, I tell ya!

How much l-carnitine do you take, b-lou?
I've heard 200mg 3x/day, but that would be 12 of the pills I have!!!

Glad the 5htp is working for you.
How much of that do you take, and what time of day?
(like, right before bed, or does it need a couple of hours to start working?)

I've actually gotten to sleep by 12:30am with no pills a few times in the last week! A couple nights, I even forgot to take my DE!!! I think the lavender is helping, though. I've even had some sweet/funny dreams...most of my dreams are sad or scary or, at the very least, about annoying things or people.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I'm taking 500mg 2x a day of acetyl l-carnitine
Ordered 200mg 5htp which is a huge dose, been taking that just once first thing in morning on empty stomach with my pterostilbene. Making sure I take my b-complex too! I am going to try switching to every other day on that dose of 5htp, also ordered some 50mg capsules to try once I feel like I reach the limit with the 200mg. Clearly I need it, no negative symptoms thus far.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been drinking celtic salt in my water and started taking lugol's 2 %, just 2 drops a day so far. I have had alot more energy during the day between these two things.

I also am still taking my prescriptions at night but after the deadline this week will go back to trying to find the right types/amounts of herbs instead to sleep because I don't want to be stuck on them. I still wake up too early in the morning, after about 5 hours of sleep, but I am usually able to doze a bit and get a little more, but I have weird dreams. I am taking all my usual vitamins now again, but all in the morning with breakfast. The only thing I take at night is potassium and magnesium.

How's everyone else?
Old 09-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you're doing well on the salt & iodine, C'Marie!

I went to bed at 11 at least twice this week!!!
I sleep til 6ish, then, after DS goes to school, sometimes go back to sleep for a couple hours.

Last night, since it was Friday, I didn't get into bed til 12, fell asleep around 12:30, but woke up just before 6am. And my darn neighbors started using power tools around 7:30am...so uncool on a Saturday. I took a nap around 1pm, though.

Overall, sleep is better and blood sugar is better--the latter due, I think, to the alkaline water thing I've been doing for about a month. I can't say any one of my supplements is having a spectacular effect, but I definitely feel better when I take potassium, magnesium, Vitamin D, and a few other things.

Oh, and my BP this morning was 113/70!!!
I had high blood pressure a few months ago, but after "attacking" it with olive leaf, hawthorn berry, Vitamin C, and a couple other things, look how awesome it is!!!
Of course, 2 or 3 doctors told me to "lose weight"...I am glad, in a way (not entirely, but in a way!), that I didn't lose weight during this time that I lowered my BP, because it just goes to show that not ALL health problems are caused by being overweight, and losing weight isn't the answer to everything!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

^^^that is so true Jenny about weight not being the answer to everything
health choices are key, food, supps, water, activity, things we put on and in our bodies.

I'm taking everything, alternating days of 200mg 5htp and 50mg 5htp starting yesterday.
Slept really well last night, normal light-based sleep cycle, woke at normal time (although that is getting a few minutes later with the days shortening) and had energy to go. Liking the l-carnitine too. might just be clearer mentally.