Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
WJS-well, it's a wishy washy answer, but the best I can say is, "it depends".

My numbers (loosely) are 600-800 Cal dds and 1300-1600 cal UD's. DD's are usually in the higher range. UD's totally depend on my appetite. There are some days I am simply NOT hungry and refuse to force myself to eat, so they come in lower. Other days, I'm hungrier and have no problem getting up to 1600. If I come in too low, I will switch the rotation and try for an UD the next day. Weekends are both usually UD's, although one of them will sometimes be a md.

So, while I shoot for m/w/f dd's, t/th/sa/su ud's, that often changes based on appetite and what's going on in my life.

I would be completely happy eating 1100 calories for pretty much every day. I'm hungry at 800, and get full by 1300 most of the time. But I like the anti-inflammatory benefits of JUDDD, so I do try to keep the rotation, even though the spread often isn't that huge. I can tell by how I feel (puffy hands, achy feet) if I've been too lax. And then I'll get strict for a week or so and make sure that spread is wider.

I do try to get at minimum 2 decent dd's in a week (and by that I mean at the 600-700 cal level). Less than that and my weight will start creeping on me. Which isn't the tragedy it used to be, because I can nip it before it gets to be more than a couple pounds.

Sometimes, I just get tired of counting and logging and THINKING so much about it, so I don't. But I always weigh every morning and every night before bed. It's kind of a game to guess the morning weight based on the night time one. I'm weird, I know. LOL But this keeps me on top of anything that could be creeping up on me.

Interestingly, I think I'm still changing shape a bit, even though I haven't changed weight since April by more than 2 pounds either direction. I put on a dress today that was getting a little big, but still wearable this summer. I haven't worn it in maybe 2 mos, and was trying to get one more wearing out of it before I put it away for the fall. And it was unwearable as it was too big in the top through the back and shoulders. And no, I'm not exercising. I'm the worlds' WORST exerciser. I hate it. I know I should do it. I make myself for a week or so, and then I quit for months again. LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #32
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Tina, thank you very much. I was afraid of that answer though. I think I would have a problem at staying at such low calories long term. I love food and have a big appetite not to mention a real problem with binging.

I lost my weight by doing the Dukan diet and what I did like about it is there was no thought about calories and I could eat as much as I like. However, I think after being so restrictive with certain foods for so long has created a problem for me now. But I don't think I could live long term on 600 or so three days a week and 11-1600 the rest. Not sure what to do at this stage to be honest.

I do envy you and well done again on your success!
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
WJS, don't go just by me. There are some here who eat upwards of 2000 calories on the UD's. I simply can't. I can't get that much food in. I don't know what it would do to my weight, because I physically can't eat that much on a regular basis (going out to a restaurant every once in a while, maybe, but I usually take half home even then). I eat paleo, no grains, very little sugar. I have food allergies so I can't eat eggs or dairy. Many of the higher calorie foods are simply off limits to me. I also have blood sugar issues so have to really watch my sugar. I'm not low carb (100-140 gms on UD's), but those carbs come in the form of veggies, nuts and nut butters, some fruit, that sort of thing. Which are filling. For the most part, food is just not that big a deal to me. I'd be perfectly happy with a Jetson's pill most of the time. I eat because I have to. With all my issues, it's just not really all that fun. LOL

Everybody is different. And it's amazing to me how ready I am for a good DD on Monday's after 2 UD's on the weekends.

For now, keep using JUDDD for weight loss. There are SO many other benefits besides. If you got to where you are now with more calories (don't know your numbers), you are going to be able to eat at least that in maintenance, if not more. But you can decide what to do for maintenance when you get there. You can play with your calorie limits and keep pushing those UD's to see what your body can handle. Don't throw in the towel now. You are so close to goal. And JUDDD really is livable for maintenance. You just have to make it work for you.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
WJS...are you trying to maintain 125lbs?,or will be soon? If so, maybe Kissa will chime in here about her calorie ranges on maintenance. She stays at 124-126lbs. I believe. Don't despair just yet!

I think it would be interesting to hear everyone's calorie ranges in maintenance along with height and weight. Need a new thread?

A long time ago I made notes about what people were saying about their height, weight, and maintenance numbers, to use as a guide when I reached my goal. There are many more in maintenance now!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
WJS...are you trying to maintain 125lbs?,or will be soon? If so, maybe Kissa will chime in here about her calorie ranges on maintenance. She stays at 124-126lbs. I believe. Don't despair just yet!

I think it would be interesting to hear everyone's calorie ranges in maintenance along with height and weight. Need a new thread?

A long time ago I made notes about what people were saying about their height, weight, and maintenance numbers, to use as a guide when I reached my goal. There are many more in maintenance now!

Phyl
Fabulous idea Phyl, I would be very interested as well! Should we include age too to make it a bit easier to compare??
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #36
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Tina, thank you once again for replying. I am sorry you have problems with certain foods. However, in one respect to my ears at least you sound very lucky in that you have a small appetite. I am very envious that you can stay in such control of what you eat, particularly in maintenance. Well done. It does sound encouraging though that perhaps some can eat more and maintain.

Phyl, I am (or was until a few weeks ago ) 135. I have put on weight since doing JUDDD but I must say it is totally my own fault. I need to lose to reach 125 then maintain at that weight. Just trying to figure out if this diet is for me. I think your idea of a separate thread is a great one.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post

Phyl

Phyl

Yes, yes please start a thread for this!!!

About the age thing - I'm the oldest !

I am not only the oldest but having been a yo-yo ever since I reached my goal

Leona

Last edited by leonak; 09-17-2012 at 07:01 PM..
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
You got it! I'll include age too because it IS very relevant!Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
It's official, I spent another month in maintenance...when I was toying with the idea of weight loss mode again...I just can't seem to go there mentally I guess at this point.

On the up side...I feel wonderful. And I am enjoying so many fall yummies I would deny myself in the past. And I am staying between 142-144. I have decided to bask in it. Revel in it. Relish it. And I think I will stay in maintenance for the next month at least. I am going to start run/walking again and I want to adjust to that with maintenance calories-ish. Well actually I still have some DD at 700 rather than 900 BUT then my next UD becomes a bit of an UUAD. Still, so ecstatic to be maintaining! First time I have done this summer-to-fall in 12+ years or so. Happy beyond words really except to say once again that I JUDDD!!

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
YAY Barb!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Barb, you're inspiring. You sound so ...normal!
Enjoy, enjoy, and thanks for the post.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Barb, this is what JUDDD is all about. I love sharing in your triumph. I am so happy for you.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote