Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Will do.

It is a privilege to support people on JUDDD. It is such an amazing, simple way to lose and maintain weight, that I love to share its benefits.

But it is vital to stand up and be counted when things get out of control which they do for all of us now and then.

Otherwise it can give the impression, especially to newbies, that it is always easy and that any hurdles they hit are somehow 'their fault'. No one is a failure on JUDDD. It is simply a matter of vigilance on occasion.

So I plan to Relax, Rotate, Reduce and Rejoice.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Beverly, those other two pounds will be gone in no time. I am hoping you follow my pattern and they take a few friends with them when they go.

Can you believe JUDDD allows reasonably extended food celebrations with such minimal gain? When I think about some of my epic eating on vaycays, I am (and hope I always will be) amazed.

Cindy, I look forward to hearing how quickly and efficiently you evict those pounds!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #153

Thanks Nancy, it is so good to feel confident that the couple of pound will soon be gone, instead of fearful as I might have done in years gone by.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
The 4 R's per Cindy!!!

Relax, Rotate, Reduce and Rejoice

Now just how great is that !

Leona
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #155

Old 09-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Hi everyone,

I feel I need to check in for some accountability here. I have returned from my vacation to see family. Normally, getting back on my weight loss plan is VERY hard for me after a vacation, so we shall see how this goes. I do have one solid DD under my belt now, which is amazing to me that I was able to get back on the train and do it.

The vacation was just filled with eating. My travel day on the plane was a DD, but after that, it was a few up up and away days. Mexican food- my favorite with chips and margarita. Brunch with crispy hash browns. Dinner theater (Hello Dolly) which was a huge brunch, the Melting Pot with the best yummy chocolate fondue. Oh we ate and ate.

The family was shocked to see how much weight I had lost since they last saw me, and my sister said, "you eat like this and lost all this weight? What's the secret?"

I was up 4 pounds when I returned, but am down two of those after the DD. Although I wish I was on a downward losing trend, I made the choice to enjoy eating fun foods with my family and we had a good time doing it. The damage wasn't major, and as long as I am solidly back to my rotations, I should drop what I gained and be back in the saddle again. Love JUDDD.
Are you kidding? I can bounce 4 lbs just by sniffing at the wrong food. You're doing fabulous. And I also found that it's very easy to get back on the wagon with this WOE in a way it hasn't ever been with any other diet for me. I wonder why that is?
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am less of a hero this morning. Saw 128 which is the absolute top of my maintenance allowance. 126 is goal and 124 -128 are my permitted figures. I seldom see 128 unless I have been on vacation so I know I have been pushing the bounderies just a bit too hard.

Time to take control. Fortunately DH is away for a few days so I will be able to do some more sensible eating. We have had functions and guests just a bit too much for even JUDDD to handle.
But look at you not panicking and just being vigilant. You're definitely my heroine for this!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #158

but thank you.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Beverly, CONGRATULATIONS on your safe return back into JUDDDing after vacation! So...enquiring minds want to know, what did you tell your sister?

Cindy, thinking of you! You are the one of the very best JUDDD cheerleaders, so if anyone deserves the Whoosh Fairy, certainly it is you! Everyone: please send the WF to Cindy! She is so kind I know she'll send her right back.

I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to write lately. I'm leaving today for a four-day class and getting ready takes more time than I like. This will be the first time away from home since starting my weight loss journey. I'm a little nervous about how to manage the food. I'm taking some packaged apple slices and microwave popcorn for my DD tomorrow. I'm going to try to stick close to my numbers while still having a good time. I realize that I might be going over a little bit. Please wish me luck at keeping it close to numbers. I can not afford step away from JUDDD for more than a moment, my road is still too long.

Hugs to you all, I'll be thinking of you and missing you. I hope I can at least look in with my iPad.

Connie
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I will leaving for the State Fair on Thursday and plan on packing food for my DD's BUT I fully intend to enjoy fair food on my UD which will be Saturday. Although I will arrive on Thursday, the fair really doesn't open until Friday so the concession stands aren't open yet and Thursday is an UD too. Bummer. But I will enjoy Saturday. Prabably gain five pounds since the State Fair has this contest every year for the most innovative fried food and I will just have to check that out. A past winner was Deep Fried Butter so that gives you a clue about us Texans. We will fry anything. And here are the finalists:
Chicken Fried Cactus Bites
Deep-Fried Divine Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
Deep Fried Jambalaya
Deep Fried Mac-N-Cheese Slider
Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll
Fried Mexican Fire Crackers
Picnic on a Stick
Fried Pork Wing
Wonder what a fried pork wing is???
I am within 4 pounds of goal so I can afford to indulge and there will be a lot of walking too so I should be fine.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 09-25-2012 at 10:13 AM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Just had to stop in and share that today will be the lowest DD calorie wise I've had in a while! If I can stick to it, I will feel SO GOOD!

Of those fair foods, the deep fried bacon cinnamon roll sounds the best to me! They are deep frying everything these days! I recently saw oreos...but didn't try it!

I too have an upcoming extended weekend out of town to the Georgia National Fair. Does anyone besides me always seem to have something going on every Saturday and need for it to be an UD? What do you do in those situations? How can you remedy it? I am wondering if for the month of October maybe just doing LC except for on Saturdays when there might be carbs at the functions or can I tweak my rotation for it to work?

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
My husband and I had dinner with Yam Yam and her husband last night.

She sends "hi's" to all of you. She will be back posting when she returns from her holiday.

We, needless to say, had a delightful time. It was an up day for us so we even enjoyed a Mai tai!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
That sounds good to me...I miss nopalitos!!!
--Chicana from TX, living in NJ!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I will leaving for the State Fair on Thursday and plan on packing food for my DD's BUT I fully intend to enjoy fair food on my UD which will be Saturday. Although I will arrive on Thursday, the fair really doesn't open until Friday so the concession stands aren't open yet and Thursday is an UD too. Bummer. But I will enjoy Saturday. Prabably gain five pounds since the State Fair has this contest every year for the most innovative fried food and I will just have to check that out. A past winner was Deep Fried Butter so that gives you a clue about us Texans. We will fry anything. And here are the finalists:
Deep-Fried Divine Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
Deep Fried Jambalaya
Deep Fried Mac-N-Cheese Slider
Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll
Fried Mexican Fire Crackers
Picnic on a Stick
Fried Pork Wing
Wonder what a fried pork wing is???
I am within 4 pounds of goal so I can afford to indulge and there will be a lot of walking too so I should be fine.
THUD. That is me falling on the floor. OMG it ALL sounds great. I would love fried butter and the mac-n-cheese slider. Just about anything fried. Enjoy!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #165

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
My husband and I had dinner with Yam Yam and her husband last night.

She sends "hi's" to all of you. She will be back posting when she returns from her holiday.

We, needless to say, had a delightful time. It was an up day for us so we even enjoyed a Mai tai!
Thanks for the update! Yam!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #166

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Our local fair is coming in about 2 weeks. We will definitely be going on an UD and enjoying all kinds of delicacies! DH and DD always get a cinnamon roll and a corn dog. I enjoy ribs and corn! I "may" even indulge in a deep fried something or other myself.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
THUD. That is me falling on the floor. OMG it ALL sounds great. I would love fried butter and the mac-n-cheese slider. Just about anything fried. Enjoy!
Me, too! I have always said I could eat a tire if you deep fried it.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I had so much fun yesterday explaining to my primary doc how I've lost 30 pounds...chuckle...and she listened!!! The VA docs are not usually amenable to anything other than the standard, low cal/more exercise woe but she really listened. She also gave me the word that I am now merely overweight, not obese, which surprised me as most charts I've seen places that goal for me about four pounds lighter...but I'll believe her as she's the doc.

Have I told you recently how much I love this woe?
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
I am going to our Fair on Thursday....for work....taking residents to enjoy...they ride in wheelchairs...we push them wherever they want to go.

I am not a big fan of all the fried food...my assistant bought the deep fried oreos last year and gave me one...too sweet! I don't know when I have ever thought anything was too sweet, but that was.
I do enjoy a good corndog!
and it is an UD
LindaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
UD's for all at the fairs. I love fair food but only go to a couple of fairs a year. I hope everyone enjoys their time at the fair. I know I will. My favorite concession stand is in the next livestock barn over from us and it is good. Plus the hospitality room for the exhibitors serves coffe in the mornings so all is good.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #171

Enjoy the fair foods.

Sarge, how great that your DR listened! 30lbs deserves attention.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Have wonderful trips, Natasha, adi and Connie!

Oh, adi, what food tasting fun!

Beverly what a happy report.

Mary, I bet that WAS fun!!!

Hi to Seabreezes and Yam Yam and menfolk.

I'm having a pretty good DD too, Natasha. I have a few more calories left but don't HAVE to eat them. I do know that I am having a waffle for breakfast, and that is "already" comfort food, so I am fine.

High hopes for these last 2 DDs of the month. If I play my cards right, I may hit my goal.
Whitlin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I know we have talked before about the difference in sizes in those of days gone by and today's and the difference between manufacturers but I really had an eye opener today, I've been wearing 1 and 2 X size clothing for so long and thought I wouldn't buy anything until I lost another five or ten pounds...but my clothes have been getting big in the waist and definitely "droopy drawers."

So, I went to K-Mart for the first time in ages and I went crazy, absolutely crazy and bought four pairs of slacks....size medium. I tried 'em on for grins and giggles just to see how far I have to go and they fit!!! A little tight across the abdomen but the pockets lay flat; so I have my transition clothing just a little bit early...Just last week I tried on size large at Macy's and they were too tight. Oh! BTW, I also bought a "little black dress" and a great jacket to go with it....

Have I told you recently I much I love this WOE (and I love Cindy's four R's)

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
ZzzzZZZzzz - been rushing around all day long getting everything ready for the kids' playdate party tomorrow... Cooking and cooking and cooking - and accidentally took a taste of my guacamole to see how it was (fabulous) and have no idea how to add *taste of guacamole* to my counts, HA! Crazy busy DD today, and SO looking forward to tomorrow when I can taste all of these things, lol! I love to cook!! (And I love to eat, lol) I feel great today, I am really loving the way I feel on LC DD! I do miss eating strawberries on my DD but only so often - most of the time, I don't even feel like eating!
Gotta check my cupcakes!
Thanks so much for being such a great group, y'all!
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote