Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry Connie and Luv, it is fine to vent and to hate the scale. This too shall pass.

Fit, you live in such a lovely place, Capetown is one of my favourite places. I am glad you are enjoying JUDDD. DH will be home in no time.

My knee has been fine today, so I am delighted.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fitmom
Stats: 147/139/127
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: September 2012
Thanx Kissa! I agree....

Shame Luv, you will be fine. Have lots of water, do some excersize for endorphin rush and try to get more sleep. Good news: your resting metabolic rate increase by 10 persent during pms!!! So you can actually eat a bit more.
Remember, you are not alone...we (and all of woman kind) feel your pain
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Connie and Luv, don't hurt your scales!! In time they will be ready to kiss and make up.

Fit, I agree with you completely - JUDDD is, for many of us, a great way to lose weight and an amazing way to keep it off!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Good morning!

Finally got a glimpse of Onederland this morning--and it's an up day. I'm afraid to eat, but I'm sooooo hungry! Looking for advice from the pros here....What do you think would be more beneficial to my number staying put for tomorrow:

a) Eating all my UD food early so there is more fasting time between now and my DD;
b) Waiting as long as I can to eat today;
c) Eating at normal times, but lowering my target calories (My UD calories are 1900).

I really, really don't want to see the 200's tomorrow. Or ever. In just 3 days, after TOM I had a 5 pound loss....that's a "whoosh", right? Anything I can do to stop those 5 pounds from whooshing back up?
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Saxy, I'll throw in my two cents.
Forget about trying to avoid the dreaded number. It may happen, it may not. You have very little control over that.
If you work yourself into even a minor dither about it (I speak from my own experience), the disappointment will be a drag to deal with if it does show up.
It's just a number. One rung on the ladder.
If, instead, you just do your JUDDD day and congratulate yourself all day long on your fabulous choice to be here, your fabulous choice to take excellent care of yourself in a way that feels good and allows you to eat a lot of beautiful food, you'll have a much better chance of cruising smoothly PAST that number over the next week or two. All while feeling like a superhero.
If you focus on the happiness of this process, the numbers often take care of themselves.
I know you know this already. I'm just blabbing to remind myself, for the most part.
Whichever way you do the day, I hope it's wonderful.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Saxy, I'll throw in my two cents.
Forget about trying to avoid the dreaded number. It may happen, it may not. You have very little control over that.
If you work yourself into even a minor dither about it (I speak from my own experience), the disappointment will be a drag to deal with if it does show up.
It's just a number. One rung on the ladder.
If, instead, you just do your JUDDD day and congratulate yourself all day long on your fabulous choice to be here, your fabulous choice to take excellent care of yourself in a way that feels good and allows you to eat a lot of beautiful food, you'll have a much better chance of cruising smoothly PAST that number over the next week or two. All while feeling like a superhero.
If you focus on the happiness of this process, the numbers often take care of themselves.
I know you know this already. I'm just blabbing to remind myself, for the most part.
Whichever way you do the day, I hope it's wonderful.
Kristin, your two cents is worth a million bucks to me! Thanks for putting it into perspective, and for the pep talk.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
I am so happy Cindy to hear that your knee is feeling good!

And, HOORAY Saxy!!! Onderland! Congratulations!!!
The bounces might come, but they can't keep you out of Onderland for long!

And, thanks Nancy, most of the time I actually like my scale (did I say that!)
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Saxy, of those choices I like "A", with a finish time of 4:30-5:00 pm, because I like the idea of you getting in all your calories. Certainly you could stop at 1800 if you had counted well, but don't neglect your nutrition and fueling. Other ideas - the food choices are also important. I know you are a veggie gal. Be sure you definitely include the veggies today, perhaps fruits. Get in every drop of water you planned, and then have an extra cup of water.

But here's my question to you.... By whose rules must you weigh tomorrow? I say you either take a tracking vacation or march right over to the tracker thread tomorrow after lunch and put in "Don't Know" for Wednesday. "If you focus on the happiness of this process, the numbers often take care of themselves. " says JoyJoy.

I was looking around for Tina. (mykidsteacher) I bragged on our other long-term tracking maintainer, Shirl, this morning for bringing her numbers into line so well. And suddenly I thought, "Hey, I miss Tina!" Also Kimberly (kimberino) was headed for long-term maintenance land and I haven't see her in a while.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Saxy, I have very little experience with JUDDD and so much to learn. My two cents....from what I have read in the book, and learned here,
I vote A!
Eat and enjoy. Stop eating earlier for a longer fast.
I believe the key is the super low DD.

You are doing great!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
[B]
But here's my question to you.... By whose rules must you weigh tomorrow? I say you either take a tracking vacation or march right over to the tracker thread tomorrow after lunch and put in "Don't Know" for Wednesday.

GOOD IDEA!!!

I was looking around for Tina. (mykidsteacher) I bragged on our other long-term tracking maintainer, Shirl, this morning for bringing her numbers into line so well. And suddenly I thought, "Hey, I miss Tina!" Also Kimberly (kimberino) was headed for long-term maintenance land and I haven't see her in a while.
I just looked for them (in "advanced search") and kimberino hasn't posted since 8/30. I hope she's doing well.

Tina's been posting the last couple days in September "Main" Lane - Come On In!
But, I believe she's busy with homeschooling.

Last edited by piratejenny; 09-18-2012 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: forgot a word!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #101

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Saxy, the magic in JUDDD comes from eating on your UD and fasting or semi-fasting on your DD. Even if you bounce back up, you now live in Onederland. It WILL go back down. I just got to Onederland myself recently (8/6/12). On 8/7, I was back up to 200. On 8/8 I was back into Onederland and haven't gone back over. I'm now 10 pounds below that at 190, and know I will NEVER see that 200 again, unless I sabotage myself by NOT following JUDDD.

I like the idea of not weighing tomorrow if that will help you. Maybe try only weighing after DDs for the next week or so to prove it has stuck. I don't think you need to increase your fasting time, eat less, or in any other way mess with your normal UD. Enjoy today, and then have another good DD tomorrow, and continue your rotations, and soon enough you'll be secure enough to know that you're rocking it!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post

I was looking around for Tina. (mykidsteacher) I bragged on our other long-term tracking maintainer, Shirl, this morning for bringing her numbers into line so well. And suddenly I thought, "Hey, I miss Tina!"
Tina is home schooling her children. She mentioned a few weeks ago that she would be getting busy with that and wouldn't be able to write in very often, but would be thinking of us. I miss her too.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Damn I love this place!

I'm going to try like mad NOT to weigh tomorrow, but I'm pretty obsessive with the scale...so we'll see how that turns out.

I'm going to enjoy my nourishment today, and stop earlier than usual, giving me a longer fasting period. I'm actually looking forward to my next DD--in the beginning, I was looking forward to the UDs! Maybe I'm starting to understand this wonderful WOE.

Coming here to get feedback and get all this great support as a bonus is so fantastic!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
subscribing (and lurking)
Blonde with a Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I vote for not stepping on that evil scale

I hate mine as it is not kind a lot and then i get depressed

Sorry to say when i step on it and am not pleased i eat chocolate and all kinds of other things, like sour-dough bread, peanuts, etc. I wonder why I take my dislike of the scale out on food

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #106

Hey Saxy, what with all the advice and stuff, we forgot to have a party!

: congrats:

to Onderland. Whatever the scale may say tomorrow, you are HERE!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Someone had a birthday? I did not know !!!

Sorry about that!

Leona - also from WI!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #108

No, no, It is just my way of having a Onderland party for Saxy. I used the birthday thingy for fun, lol.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
No, no, It is just my way of having a Onderland party for Saxy. I used the birthday thingy for fun, lol.
Here I thought you were really talking about the one here that had a birthday just about 10 days ago!!!

Leona From Wisconsin!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #110

Dearest Leona, my bad! Late but sending love.

I think it was lovely SophieTheCat who had a list of our birthday and used to start a Happy Birthday thread for us all.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rowsdower
I've only posted here once before (in the Newbie's thread - thank you everyone for your warm welcome!), but I had some great news that I wanted to share with everyone in case anybody needed a confidence boost in sticking to this program.

I've been trying to get down to 145 since freshman year of high school (I'm 26 now). I was always around 155 in high school, and then this past year I ballooned up to 175. I switched medication and dropped about eight pounds in water weight that I'd been retaining (joy) but for a while there, it seemed like I was doomed to stay in the 160s. Despite being tall, I have a fine-boned frame, and combined with the odd weight-distribution common to PCOS (Here, stomach, have ALL the fat EVER), I've always felt incredibly unattractive and dumpy with even just an extra fifteen pounds over what I "should" weigh.

And then I started JUDDD. Now, I've never had a "whoosh." I've just had consistent weight loss, noticed more because of the way my clothes fit and less because of what the scale says.

But ladies and gents, after two and-a-half months on this WOE, I am ecstatic to say that I weighed myself this morning - after an UP DAY - and lo and behold, the scale said "159.7"

HOLY COW. This is MAJOR for me. I would imagine that if I weighed myself after a down day, the number would be even lower. I'M OUT OF THE 160s!!!

Suddenly, that goal of 145 seems absolutely attainable - and so close!

I hope that everyone who is struggling with JUDDD will be able to stick it out and can have this same feeling of FINALLY getting over that seemingly impossible-to-climb wall that hits so many of us early on in a new WOE. Seeing that number has just made this DD sooooo much easier.
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Rowsdower-that is great I'm so glad JUDDD is working for you. I it!!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #113

Wow Rowsdower, what a result! And is that in less than a month?

I love reading peoples successes and the joy that JUDDD can inspire.

I can't wait for you to make your goal of 145, I am certain you will.

Thanks for sharing this, it would be lovely if you started a 'New Thread' announcing it too. Not everyone pops in here to the 'chat' thread.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Row!!

What wonderful news! I am so very happy for you, you are doing just super great

Leona
Old 09-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Have I told you lately that I love you ...this woe and the JUDDD BUDDDs here too. What other "diet" is steak, eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast followed by lasagna for supper allowed???? And I've lost 30 pounds and tons of inches...still shopping in my closet for smaller clothes, but starting to look in the stores for when I lose the last 30....

And the support from all y'all has been tremendous...,thanks to you, it is working...heck, I'm even starting my walking program again and dreaming of putting the Wii to work.

I'm still holding the gate to Onederland open for all those who are comin' thru..."So Come On Down, y'all"

Oh, I forgot to mention...the steak was only three ounces instead of the 10 or so I used to eat and I only ate less than half of the lasagna portion and added a bunch of onions and peppers...with a glass of red wine and a bread stick...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 09-18-2012 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: second though
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yay Row!
JUDDD is just plain awesome!

I was thinking about Tina, too, but I know she said she would be busy with schooling her kids.

Has anyone heard from Tanya- Katiebubb?

I worry about my buds when I don't see them around...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Congratulations, Rowdowser! Thanks for sharing the great news.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Rowsdowser wow!

It is DD for me today and it is as if my whole being is excited...weird...
I wonder if my body is now used to (and enjoying) the fast?
Feels like it says : at last! long sigh
Sorry for sounding weird and I am not elequent (english being my second language)
It is as if my body anticipates the eb and flow... the way it should be.

Other thing I have noticed and wonders if it is coincidence...Before Juddd I needed an alarm to wake me in the morning and I allways wanted to sleep more.
Now I wake 10 minutes before the alarm and feel ennergitic.
Does anybody else experience this?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Rowsdower!!

Mary, keep that gate to Onederland open! I've got one foot in the door....give me a couple days and we'll see if I can walk right on through!

Leona, I have an obsession with the scale--Most times, I can tell myself to expect a gain and not get too upset about the number, but there are times when I just want to throw my hands up in the air and say "I give up!". BUT.....I'm learning from all the wonderful people here that JUDDD works in the most fabulous ways--where else can we lose weight by dieting HALF the time?

Today I'm taking the advice from you lovlies and NOT stepping on the scale today. I did eat my full Up Day calories yesterday, and stopped at 5:30pm. Hoping to make it until noon with just coffee and tea.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

p.s. Cindy, you're adorable--thanks for the Onederland party!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey guys, hope your day is going well...and, yes, sleeping better and waking up more energetically is part of the magic of JUDDD.

I could say that this month is more discouraging than the last three as the scales aren't moving as I had hoped...12 pounds the first month, seven and half the second and four and a half the third month...this month the scale is sitting on the starting weight and only recently started dipping...down two pounds for the month (and that after an UD). I could say that but...I wouldn't begin to as the energy is up and a lot of weight loss just means the body is adjusting to the new weight and I'm happy about that. I think the body just needs some time to adjust to the new weight and will start the downward journey when it feels like it...the mind just needs to accept that.

As I was having my DD breakfast this morning I said "yum" and that made me start thinking about it as yesterday I also told the dogs how good the breakfast and supper were...almost everyday on this woe I've been enjoying my food more than I ever did before. I think that's another NSV...I'm taking more time to create and think about how to get the needed nutrition but preparing foods I enjoy. Yesterday was steak, egg and hash browns and today was Dukan crepes with turkey bacon...

I say again...what a wonderful woe this is. Now if I could just convince the body to move.

Last edited by Mssarge; 09-19-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote