Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
wow, thanks dearest Kimberly.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #62

Carla, lovely to see your frog back smiling at us. To me he always represents the JUDDD bounce!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
I'm back!

I went up to visit my relatives and sort of fell off the rotation wagon. Gained 4lbs, considering all the crap I ate that's not too bad. So, starting with a DD and hoping for the best!
I'm also trying to figure out my weird wheat sensitivity. Pizza crust, white bread & buns kill me. English muffins, bagels, and Wasa crackers are fine. Except for the Wasa crackers, aren't they all basically the same thing? I'm going to try real whole wheat bread & rye bread to see what that does to me.
I had my last piece of double chocolate cake last night. My grocery sells it in 2 slice packs, up by the deli. I can't eat just one piece, so I end up eating both, then feeling sick. It's one of those foods that I just can't control myself when it's in the house, so no more. I can eat just 2 cookies, and measure out my ice cream, but chocolate cake just renders me helpless!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Thanks for the welcome back, it feels really good to be back! Today is first DD and its going good so far. I always liked the feel of DD, just have to decide what to make for supper tonight That is the one thing I need to find time to do is get some menus for DD going.

Yes my Froggy does have the JUDDD bounce, I am just going to watch it bounce down the scale.

Better get back to work, been a CRAZY monday here.

TTFN
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/200/180
Popping in here! It's one of those days where I'm needing to read some supportive threads and stop feeling sorry for myself on my week's worth of nothing but gains. I need to break my salty snack binge, because I know that's not helping one bit (on top of TOM this week). Oh, and I found a chocolate mint wine over the weekend that I'm dying to pop open and try...(chocolate cravings too....lol)

I just wonder how long it will take for me to get out of "bull in a china shop" mode on my Up Days? Wow, I really nail that part of the diet! Go me! I'm 4 weeks in....I thought all that good, carby food every other day would get boring by now and I'd settle down. Someone please tell me it gets easier!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #66

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Saxy, it does get better. Many of us went crazy the first month or so. Eventually, your body and mind will figure out that none of that food that was previously forbidden is going anywhere. Once you get it a bit out of your system, you'll realize that since it's no longer forbidden, it doesn't hold the same power. You can have it whenever you want (every other day, at least), so there's no reason to have it ALL at the same time. Plus TOM messes with many of us, so I wouldn't worry about it at ALL.

ETA: That chocolate mint wine sounds yummy!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the reassuring words, Dawn...

...and I'm going to wait until the weekend to crack into that chocolate mint wine. On an Up Day.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Saxy - that is great you are waiting - willpower!

Yesterday was my first DD and I went a little over but lessons learned and next one will be even better. I can do this! JUDDD MAGIC

I think I am going to get the days and eating planned down and then start exercising again. I got over half way through Couch25k and I am going to start that up again. Even though I don't like running/jogging this I do like as just walking on treadmill bores me to death.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

TTFN
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #69

Carla, you are right, planning really helps. Saxy, that's what I was going to suggest to you too. Especially on the UDs when it is easy to go wild.

I am managing a DD while staying with my sister, which is a triumph. I don't usually worry too much as I am in maintenance, but, although I haven't seen a scale, I just woke up thinking, time for a DD. it is going well too.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! AND...It is also SO impressive to read that you felt no need to abandon your normal rotations!
Thanks for all the good wishes, folks!

I'm feeling darned happy myself. I've just had a second visit from the Whoosh Fairy! My rate of loss had been really dragging and I had started to cross over into the paranoid zone. I had given some serious consideration to trying to shake things up somehow with the diet. Instead I decided to keep going for one more week before panicking. The very next day there was a Whoosh and then another one today! That's two this week! HOORAY! [/QUOTE]

Now that's inspirational, because I go into panic rate pretty easily.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Popping in here! It's one of those days where I'm needing to read some supportive threads and stop feeling sorry for myself on my week's worth of nothing but gains. I need to break my salty snack binge, because I know that's not helping one bit (on top of TOM this week). Oh, and I found a chocolate mint wine over the weekend that I'm dying to pop open and try...(chocolate cravings too....lol)

I just wonder how long it will take for me to get out of "bull in a china shop" mode on my Up Days? Wow, I really nail that part of the diet! Go me! I'm 4 weeks in....I thought all that good, carby food every other day would get boring by now and I'd settle down. Someone please tell me it gets easier!
It does. I'm almost ten weeks in and it is finally becoming 'okay' to eat non-extravagantly on Up Days. For a while there, I think I NEEDED to eat my fill of every food that had been forbidden me. I am still pickier about food than I have ever been, but by indulging each craving, I have slowly convinced myself that this piece of cake isn't the last piece of cake I'll ever have. In fact, I can have it in two days, again, if I want. I can have it every meal until I get it out of my system so that it becomes a sometimes food again.

On Sunday I went into an IHOP and had ONE buttermilk pancake. Have you ever gone into an IHOP and been totally and utterly satisfied on one buttermilk pancake? If so, give yourself a gold star, because that has NEVER been me.

But it's becoming me. And it's gonna happen to you too.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #72

Lucky you Steph. Except that luck has very little to do with it. It is your commitment and a little JUDDD Magic.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Nice work on keeping the whoosh around, Steph!! I pay particular attention to your posts, because I can see myself in some of the content--Although, one pancake at IHOP doesn't even remotely sound like me. Right now, anyways....when I feel like I could eat anything in sight. (Keeping the styrofoam cups and salt shaker out of reach).

Going to try to plan much better for my UDs, Cindy. DD's are pretty easy, but I'm going to try and sit down and plug everything I want to eat into my tracker...and NOT change it throughout the day.

I'm also working on assuring myself that I don't *have* to eat it all in one day--I can save some of the decadent stuff and eat it 2 days later. Believe me, I have a mental list of everything I want to eat (all stuff that I deprived myself of for the past 9 months.)

Thanks for the positive chat!

p.s. Carla, I did the Couch25K walk-jog program a couple months ago, and really enjoyed how it kept me motivated each day. I'm going to try to adapt the same type of program to an elliptical workout, as that machine really kicks my butt.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Nice work on keeping the whoosh around, Steph!!
That was someone else's whoosh. But this morning my pants nearly fell down and I had to retire them. I count that as a victory even if the scale is being difficult.

Quote:
I pay particular attention to your posts, because I can see myself in some of the content--Although, one pancake at IHOP doesn't even remotely sound like me. Right now, anyways....when I feel like I could eat anything in sight. (Keeping the styrofoam cups and salt shaker out of reach).
I've posted something every week I've been on JUDDD, so it might be helpful to watch my slow transition. I should mention that at IHOP, I had 1/2 a fit and healthy omelette, 1/2 an order of hash browns, and 1 buttermilk pancake. So I wasn't starving myself. I was just trying to contrast my usual behavior, which would be, to order the biggest meal I could find and eat the entire stack of buttermilk pancakes because it was so forbidden.

Quote:
Going to try to plan much better for my UDs, Cindy. DD's are pretty easy, but I'm going to try and sit down and plug everything I want to eat into my tracker...and NOT change it throughout the day.
I started doing this early on for planning purposes. I wanted to make sure I could work in an ice cream sundae :P It then became a delight because I knew all the stuff I could look forward to all day while I pampered myself.

Quote:
I'm also working on assuring myself that I don't *have* to eat it all in one day--I can save some of the decadent stuff and eat it 2 days later. Believe me, I have a mental list of everything I want to eat (all stuff that I deprived myself of for the past 9 months.)
I suspect this may come more naturally to you--and doesn't have to be something you must force upon yourself. If you want to eat cheeseburgers every single meal for a week straight *cough cough* you can. And your mind will eventually put cheeseburgers on the list of things that are always available to you and need not be scarfed down like they were the last food on earth.

At this point, I just kind of indulge whatever my body wants as long as I can fit it into my calorie counts. And I'm not judging myself for it either. For a week or so, it was lox and bagels all the time. This week, it's like I've discovered the potato for the first time...

But if, next week, I develop an obsession with brownies, well, I'm going to work brownies into my calories for every up day until the obsession is gone. And all the while, I'm losing weight and getting healthier every day.

Last edited by stephdray; 09-11-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 09-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #75

Yup!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Stephdray, so happy for you that the Whoosh Fairy came to visit you!!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Steph is going to be the best ambassador this WOE ever had.
(Makes me laugh, remembering your early posts. It does get easier, doesn't it? Or more manageable, somehow.)

Hi all. Masses of writing deadlines and auditions at the moment, so very little reading or posting. Back soon. Hope everybody's having a fabulous week.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Happy Hump Day!

Had a real good DD yesterday, and am almost afraid to eat normally today! Been looking forward to visiting our local thai place soon, so maybe that will be where I'll pack in my calories for the day, and I'll be fine as long as I don't have any of the milky-sugary drinks that taste so freakin' good.

I got back on my workout routine this week, so hopefully that will kick things into gear. I was amazed that I was actually losing a bit without exercise for a while, but I kinda enjoy getting up at 4am and sweating my butt off.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Saxy - great job on your DD and getting back into your exercise routine.

Today is my second DD first one didn't go so great but this one is going to be etter. The day hasn't started out well, but I have not eaten in spite of it. Going to hold out to my allotted calories. Late in getting going so son mad at me for not getting him to school when he wanted ended up his sister took him, got in vehicle and last night window was acting weird so didn't go up all the way, so this morning I put it down all the way to bring it back up and something broke, so had to drive to work with window wide open, brrrrr glad I don't have too far to go, coffee is warming me up. Then get to work and computer didn't work right away... ok that is enough griping for today its going to be good from now on.. its a DD missed the DD feeling

Saxy, I also know what you mean about getting up and exercising it is hard to get out of bed but once done with workout it feels so good. I am going to start up again soon, I keep saying monday..

well I better get some work done here.. hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday..

TTFN
Old 09-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fitmom
Stats: 147/139/127
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: September 2012
Today was my 4th DD and I am amazed at the changes this WOE has brought to my life.

I have not lost a lot of weight (yet) probably due to TOM, BUT I was able to fit into a very slim petite no 8 jeans for the first time (bought it too small) and it was actually too big around the waist!!!

I was quite worried about excersizing on a DD. I excersize vigourously 45-60 min 5-6 times a week. But I find I am now extremely ennergized on my up days. I burnt close to 500 calories during my workout and only had supper (300 cal).

I find I am not even hungry when I wake up the morning after a DD and I am not able to eat as much.

I love reading all your advice and experience (thank you!) and look forward to even more benefits.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Hello everybody

Kind of went off the rails but back on track today Been doing some experimenting, JUDDD gives you the freedom to do that Trying a little SB and vegetarian (one more try) Decided on JUDDD and vegetarian then eventually vegan Not sure I can give up icecream but we will see. I feel really good I only need to count calories on DD. Right now my UD calories are so high as long as I make good choices, watch my portions and eat only to satisfy my hunger, I should be fine If not I will count calories on UD too Feels good to be here, have a great to all
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Oh ya I forgot I bought the book and it is really helpful, if you have not bought it you should see ya!
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #83

Good to see you back Sunshinegirl.

Fitmom I can see you will get on really great with JUDDD. It is funny how easy it is to exercise on DD isn't it? Maybe not if you are training for a marathon, but general weights and aerobics are so doable with it.

I did my first Zumba class in months. I took time out of my exercise routine to give my arthritic knee a chance to benefit from JUDD. I also reintroduced Glucosamine after giving it up years ago. I am feeling much healed, so it is back to working out for me.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Glad you are back to exercise after a wise plan for getting ready, Cindy.

I did my shorter workout today for the first time in a week at least.

I've felt dreadful after eating something that really took me down. But yesterday I had a good appetite all day and was able to finally reach the end of a day calling it a true UD.

What had kept happening was that I would eat more on a DD searching for comfort, or eat less on an UD feeling I had no appetite! Got all tangled up! Anyway, today will be a good DD or bust.

Quote:
I bought the book and it is really helpful, if you have not bought it you should
So true, Sunshinegirl! Amen to that. Nice to see you here and glad you are feeling well.

Waving to fitmom. You were so sweet to notice I was close to a new decade. I dipped my toe into it and got sick! LOL! But I will be back.

carla, I agree it's fun to see your avatar. Right, just because a day doesn't go well doesn't mean we have to react by changing our eating plan.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Good day! I am really thankful to be here, you are the kindest ladies I have ever (not) met . but it's true...

Today we have PERFECT weather in Cape Town today. We went to Campsbay and had a lovely picnic with the kids. I felt confident to walk in my costume without a sarong (cover). We had an amazing time.
Glad this is an up day as we had lots of jummy snacks... Went for a long walk along the most beautiful beach. This evening my husband leaves for business in UK for 11 days

I hope you all have a lovely day
Old 09-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Just dropping in to ask, can I hate the scale today?!
Oh well, next weigh-in scheduled in 47.5 hours!

Hugs to you all and a BIG WELCOME to the newbies!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
Today was my 4th DD and I am amazed at the changes this WOE has brought to my life.

I have not lost a lot of weight (yet) probably due to TOM, BUT I was able to fit into a very slim petite no 8 jeans for the first time (bought it too small) and it was actually too big around the waist!!!

I was quite worried about excersizing on a DD. I excersize vigourously 45-60 min 5-6 times a week. But I find I am now extremely ennergized on my up days. I burnt close to 500 calories during my workout and only had supper (300 cal).

I find I am not even hungry when I wake up the morning after a DD and I am not able to eat as much.

I love reading all your advice and experience (thank you!) and look forward to even more benefits.
Isn't this the best WOL ever? You are doing great. Such fun to slide into those formerly snug clothes. Congratulations!
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Thank you cici52! Yes, I am truly thankful for Juddd. I believe I have at last (after a lifetime of struggling to maintain weight loss) found the answer...

My husband left the evening for bussiness in the UK and I feel very sad.
Reading these encouraging threads makes me feel better. Thank you!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Just dropping in to ask, can I hate the scale today?!
Oh well, next weigh-in scheduled in 47.5 hours!
Yes, you can! I often do especially when it does not reflect what you know it SHOULD say based on how well you are doing on your rotations .... but it eventually figures it out. Sometimes it's just a little slow
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 150.2/148/120
Start Date: Aug 26 2013
Would you ladies hate me if I were a total downer on this wonderful thread and vented a little?

Long story short: Weighed in at a dream weight today and felt on top of the world with just 2.4 lbs till goal. Then PMS cravings hit... and the rest, as they say, is history.
And the worst of it? I still have a good 3 days until TOM is supposed to begin = even more bloating, more weight gain, more cravings.

Sorry ladies but today, I just hate being a girl
Spoonful of Happiness is offline   Reply With Quote