Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/206/180
I'm starting to enjoy the scale bounce--Maybe because I'm learning that eventually it will bounce a little lower as I go. Weighing has become one of my favorite tasks of the day--I refuse to get discouraged now!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyitworks View Post
Lol. It's called vanity sizing. Many designers and clothing manufacturers do it so people will be loyal to their brand. I just tried on jeans at Maurice's, a local shop. I weigh 171 and my waist is 34", same jeans in a size 11/12 9/10 and 7/8 all fit. Really? a 7/8? come on...that's just silly. lol. Also my sister gave me two pair of jeans from Walmart, size 10-fit perfect. and I'm certain I haven't lost that much weight. Fun facts for the day~
Yeah, sizing is completely out of control. A while back - while wearing my own size 4 jeans - I had to purchase a 2XL tshirt (in Target). Please dear fashion industry explain to me on what planet that makes any kind of sense.
Gulf Coast Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/164/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Girl View Post
Yeah, sizing is completely out of control. A while back - while wearing my own size 4 jeans - I had to purchase a 2XL tshirt (in Target). Please dear fashion industry explain to me on what planet that makes any kind of sense.

This made me giggle...thanks for giving a perfect example of the nonsense that is the fashion industry!!

I'm just throwing out something fairly random this morning: I can't eat as much as I used to! Newflash, right? But this knowledge hits me in waves every once in a while. Yesterday I ate, among other things, split pea and ham soup (yum) and I was FULL for the rest of the day. I ate a small dinner because I really wanted to taste what I'd made, not because I was hungry. Then I kept thinking about all the good food in the kitchen and wishing I could eat it but knowing I was too full! It was a weird kind of torture

I think I've been fighting this very obvious reality - I'm smaller than I was, and I can't ingest as much food. Who knew?!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:27 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
Vanity Sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Girl View Post

Well, it makes me laugh. When I weighed 130 (high school) and thought I was fat, I wore a 9/10. I now weigh 169 and I can fit into a 7/8 or 9/10. Makes you go hmmmm.

Have a fabulous day!
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Alcestis, I try to look at it as the amount "the healthy me" intended to be eating all along. I just started adding at some point and messed her up! Since my stomach is situated in my midsection, if it wants to downsize, I guess I must give it my blessing and, in fact, hope it will share the idea with the rest of its neighborhood!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
^^^^Loved this Whitlin!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Hee. Today I won the 2012 SWIRL Award for excellence in interracial or multi-cultural romance for one of my novels and I'm feeling pretty great. Normally I would break my diet to reward myself. Or if I didn't, I would feel like a martyr. Today's a DD for me, but I'm totally fine with waiting to break out the champagne until tomorrow!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Hee. Today I won the 2012 SWIRL Award for excellence in interracial or multi-cultural romance for one of my novels and I'm feeling pretty great. Normally I would break my diet to reward myself. Or if I didn't, I would feel like a martyr. Today's a DD for me, but I'm totally fine with waiting to break out the champagne until tomorrow!
Congrats on both counts!
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Congrats, Steph!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
That's so fabulous Steph. Congrats!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:

Congratulations! Woohoo! I'll raise my Chardonnay to you tonight.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Here's to you, Steph...congrats...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Congratulations

Your outlook has really changed when it comes to food! Have a great celebration tomorrow which isn't all that far away!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Wooh-hoo! Congrats and good job!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Hee. Today I won the 2012 SWIRL Award for excellence in interracial or multi-cultural romance for one of my novels and ...I'm totally fine with waiting to break out the champagne until tomorrow!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! AND...It is also SO impressive to read that you felt no need to abandon your normal rotations!

I'm feeling darned happy myself. I've just had a second visit from the Whoosh Fairy! My rate of loss had been really dragging and I had started to cross over into the paranoid zone. I had given some serious consideration to trying to shake things up somehow with the diet. Instead I decided to keep going for one more week before panicking. The very next day there was a Whoosh and then another one today! That's two this week! HOORAY!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
[B]

I'm feeling darned happy myself. I've just had a second visit from the Whoosh Fairy! My rate of loss had been really dragging and I had started to cross over into the paranoid zone. I had given some serious consideration to trying to shake things up somehow with the diet. Instead I decided to keep going for one more week before panicking. The very next day there was a Whoosh and then another one today! That's two this week! HOORAY!
Connie, YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
You are the best.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Steph - that's SO GREAT! I'm curious to know the titles of your books so I can check them out. Congrats on both your award, and also your commitment to your weight loss and health. WAY TO GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Connie - I LOVE watching your counter go up, Up, UP! Or should I say your weight to down, Down, DOWN! You're doing so great and are an inspiration to me!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Connie, YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
You are the best.
JoyJoy...Aw, thanks. Your support is a gift!
BIG HUGS to you!

And, LoCarbGal, thank you too! I enjoy making my little scale readout. I started posting it after I had lost 10 pounds -- sort of a celebration. I only weigh every other day, after a DD. Some weeks I get to change it a little bit, sometimes not at all, and sometimes, like this week, the numbers roll by quickly and then it's really fun!

Connie
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I'm excited for you! I love what it says by your scale about JUDDD magic. It really does feel like magic after trying other diets!
I love your avi. Do you have a pug? My heart is happy whenever I see them!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
... Do you have a pug? My heart is happy whenever I see them!
I love dogs, but no Pug. I found this one in clip art and it is my scale buddy!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Congratulations, Steph. On the award and the attitude.

Great job, NoWeigh! I must remember that when things slow down for me.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Hi everyone - so many new faces I am looking forward to getting to know you all!!

I did JUDDD great last March, slacked in April and just have been stuck in a rut and getting run over since. However, now that life is calming down and I seen a picture of myself that my daughter took of me yesterday and !!!!

So I am all set to beck in the rotation because of all the "diets" I have tried JUDDD was the most life friendly and worked when I worked it.

I know I have posted here a couple times in the past few months saying I was ready, but I obviously wasn't. But I can say now with a attitude to lose and determination to succeed that I am starting! I have it all programmed on my calendar on my phone UP days and DOWN days and tracking on my phone. I am going to start tomorrow with an UP ... start on the beginning of the week I thought. Today will just be a eat moderate and healthy.

TTFN - coffee ready
Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
congrats Steph and Connie

re the vanity sizing, I too was about 130 lbs in high school... also thought I was fat (the beginning of yoyo dieting and gaining about 90 lbs over 15 yrs )... was a size 10 then. When I weighed 132-137 a few yrs back, which was actually quite a gaunt weight for me, as I am pretty muscular and therefore, heavy for my size, I was a size 4!

Apparently the only dresses that stick to the old sizing is in the bridal industry, so ppl have a big shock having to go up many sizes!

this also helps us make sense of the claims that old starlets like Marilyn Monroe were a size (???) 12 or 14... that is NOT current day those sizes!
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #54

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Stephanie, many many congrats on winning the award, I really want to read your books. Enjoy your celebratory meal and champagne tomorrow.

Yay Connie, you are just proving again that the JUDDD magic really does work. I am so thrilled for you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Congrats Steph!
Connie, I'm thrilled for you- the whoosh fair always comes to me right before I'm planning to give in to panic!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
Well....the whoosh fairy hasn't been seen around here in ages. Sure wish somebody would send her my way! It's way overdue...never even saw her at the end of my last cycle.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post
Hi everyone - so many new faces I am looking forward to getting to know you all!!

I did JUDDD great last March, slacked in April and just have been stuck in a rut and getting run over since. However, now that life is calming down and I seen a picture of myself that my daughter took of me yesterday and !!!!

So I am all set to beck in the rotation because of all the "diets" I have tried JUDDD was the most life friendly and worked when I worked it.

I know I have posted here a couple times in the past few months saying I was ready, but I obviously wasn't. But I can say now with a attitude to lose and determination to succeed that I am starting! I have it all programmed on my calendar on my phone UP days and DOWN days and tracking on my phone. I am going to start tomorrow with an UP ... start on the beginning of the week I thought. Today will just be a eat moderate and healthy.

TTFN - coffee ready
Hi! And welcome back to JUDDD! Sounds like you are off to a great start with good planning. Getting a couple days under your belt is the next step to a new you!

wiiiifit, Pauses can be so darned discouraging, hang in there. Simply try to count, rotate, relax and BELIEVE!

Wishing you BOTH much JUDDD magic!

Last edited by NoWeigh; 09-09-2012 at 07:37 AM..
Old 09-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post

TTFN - coffee ready
Welcome back. Be kind to your self.. its only when you stop trying that we fail~ So Im looking forward to watching you progress~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #59

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hello my foggy friend! Good to have you back on board.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Hi Dear.. I do feel my cloud lifting.. So happy to report that.. I did miss every one.. and i am glad to be back.. Loss is slooooow.. but i m ok with that.. and to all.. and especially you Cindy~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote