Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
dd and calorie observation

I have been reviewing peoples' daily weigh ins.. Would you all agree that it seems like you lose more after a very low calories dd compared to a higher calorie DD? Or it doesn't matter. I am just looking for a pattern.

I usually eat 700 cals on dd. For the first time ever today I am at 500 and not hungry. So I am debating wether to eat the other 200 or just finish the day at 500 so i can have a nicer weigh in tomorrow. I haven't done daily weigh ins and tomorrow will be about a week of not knowing. I am just concerned that if I only eat the 500 my body may want to hold on to my weight... Just trying to analyze all this!!

What do you all think I should do? to eat or not to eat...lol

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
For most of us, the lower the DD the better, but not for everyone. I say try it and see what happens, as long as you're feeling fine on the 500.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Honestly?
I lose best after a good rotation, meaning that the previous day before the DD has a great deal to do with the weigh-in on the morning after the DD. I can't redeem a poor or marginal UD just by lowering the next DD's calories. Also, I can't redeem an UD that included a large amount of sodium by just lowering calories on the next DD. If I have an UD with calories within goal number and a reasonable (say, maybe, less than 2,000 mg) amount of sodium, then my DD has the best chance, probably doesn't have to be lowered.

I don't think the DD calories have much more "weight" (sorry about the pun) in the final measure of success than the UD ones. It all needs to be controlled.

However, if I were in your position right now, and was feeling fine after a low DD, I'd consider it a bonus and stop eating, to see how the scale might reward you.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!

Last edited by Whitlin'; 08-31-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I tried to make a pattern out of my super low DD's for weightloss but one never emerged. It is kind of hit and miss. Good loss after a 350 DD and the same or small loss after a 50 calorie DD. No rhyme or reason to my weightloss.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I always eat my 360 and sometimes up to 500. Depending on how the day plays out. I have done a couple of no calorie days and it didn't seem to matter. Same with the folks who lose 2 lbs plus per week, they all eat up to their DD number.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

thanks all for your input! really appreciate it!. I decided to compromise with 600. since it seems there is no benefit with eating less. had a delicious coconut popsicle! lets see how my weight is tomorrow!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I posted somewhere on here that I made a spread sheet of my history about mid August...I tracked calories, fat, carbs and protein. I thought originally that there was a correlation between weight loss and fat intake. Overall, I found that the difference between the up and down days really made a difference. My quest actually began with trying to reconcile eating up to the required calories on up days as before I could maintain my weight with 1400 kcal days and had to restrict calories in order to lose.

If anything, I found that stalls were associated with high carb days....if I maintain my rotation of about 360 (actually I stick to the under 500 kcals program) and over 1600, closer to 1700 kcals on up days AND keep my carbs fairly low (in the 50 - 70 gms) range I lose weight easily. The lower the carbs, the better the loss; on days when I'm under 20 gms I do very well. Fat and protein daily percentages should be kept high..in fact, my best loss-days are when my food intake is close to 30% for each of the macro nutrients. BTW, I use ****** as my journal...

After I made the spreadsheet, I got lax and let the carbs creep back into the diet and created another stall that should not have happened....

Anyway, hope this helps. This plan is really working for me and I'm sure it will for you as well...just believe in it.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Having lower carbs makes it more certain to have some kind of loss on the scale after a DD for me.
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
For the first 35 pounds, DDs did not seem to matter much. My 20% calculated DDs were about 350 and my 35% calculation was 605. But whether I ate 100 calories or up to 600, I lost about two pounds/week. So, I averaged 500. UDs did matter - I had to eat +- 100 of the calculated UD or I stalled.

My body kept changing. Sometimes I stalled if I did not eat carbs. A couple of months later, I carbs suddenly caused big bounces and I had to back off on them to lose.

Sodium has always mattered. But, if I overdid, the water retention usually cleared up in a DD.

Now, in the last five or ten pounds, DDs have started mattering. My new calculations are 299 for 20% and 523 for 35%. But, 500 is now too high - it seems to be near maintenance level for me. I have to stay under 400 to lose. AND sodium has become my worst enemy - it takes about three DDs to undo a high salt UD meal (and I swell like crazy).

As always, I encourage you to experiment. If you aren't starving on DD, don't eat. You may find you lose faster. You may find you stall. It all depends on your metabolism and where you are in your journey (meaning, always be on the lookout for 'time for a change'.)
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Mary, It looks like you and I are very close in numbers.
I also find that keeping the exact same percentages works well. I am loving the fact that I seem to have found a sweet spot for me in waiting longer for breaking the total fast.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

ok everyone.... the verdict is in... I lost 2lbs this week!!! I am 5'2 158 well now 156! and I calculated with light excercise on Dr j's site I can eat 400-700 on dd and 2030 on up day. I lost 2 lbs by eating 700ish and 2000ish.I also did not count every calorie so I also think I went over a few times by 50-100 or more calories!!! I know I should do better buts its better to estimate then not do judd at all. I want to be able to have some flexibility.

I think I am starting to believe that its the rotation and the diferrence in calories between the days that really matter. I can't believe I am eating soo much AND losing!!! again I am fairly new to this and I have finnally stopped doing uuaad so I have been 700/2000 for about 2 weeks now. Last week I lost weight too since I was bouncing so much I and weighing daily I can't remember if I lost 1 or 2 lbs. I am going to continue my weekly weigh in. I am finding that I am enjoying more my rotations and the fact that I can have 2000 cals itis so rewarding for me. 700 is not that bad. If eating 700 or 300 is going to give me the same results heck I'd rather have the 700! lol

I will just have to see how things go. If I stall I will play with the numbers and watch the calories more closely. I have made a better effort to keep a closer eye on my calories. I was shocked to that a large apple was 110calories!!

I also do 40 min of jog/walk everyday!

Nancy I also need to watch my sodium. chinese food is my enemy! I get soo swollen!!

Have a great labor day weekend!