Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dolores, who knows, once you are in maintenance you may be able to manage just that..... I have been known to make it happen.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Today is my official two week weigh in and I've lost 6 pounds total since starting JUDDD.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stepinthyme
Stats: 289/???/190 - 5'-8"
WOE: Low Carb/Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart January 2014
Congratulations Cici52--that's fantastic!
stepinthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Congrats Cici! It's great to see all the new JUDDD buds doing so well!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Down another pound this morning, so after 3 weeks, 2 days, down 5 and a half pounds.

I'm finding that learning to postpone my eating til the next day is changing my relationship with food. I don't eat as fast. If I really don't like something, I don't finish it. I'm listening more to what my body might want to eat, rather than my mind. I've just passed the 21 day mark, it's 21 days to form a new habit, right?
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #126

Brilliant news, Cici and Dakini.

[QUOTE] I'm listening more to what my body might want to eat, rather than my mind[QUOTE]

Yup, you are getting it.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Happy dancing here.......after reading these successes!!! Keep on keeping on!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2bme
Stats: 239/183.3/145
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: Sept 11, 2012 Dukan
Hi, my name is Nancy and I am thinking about starting JUDD. I bought the Alternative Day Diet Book a month ago and read it last week. I am currently on Dukan Diet and have been on it for only 1 week and have had good success on the attack phase. I will be on it for 4 more days and then I wish to transfer to JUDD for long term WOE. I don't know why I went with Dukan except to say my friend did so well on it. After reading the book and lurking around on this site it became apparent to me that I need this type of live style change. I don't want another diet in my life, I want to incorporate food as a way to nuture my body therefore I am excited about JUDD and what I have read. I'm also very scared that the 5 lbs I have already lost on Dukan will be "lost" if I start another program. I need to know if anyone has switched from one plan to another after just a week and if so what were the consequences? I left this question on the main " JUDD Newbie thread" so I hope to get an answer from either thread. I hope this is something that can be done without much pain since I want to play with you guys!!!!
Love2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lee55
Stats: 198/194.4/160
Start Date: September 1, 2012
Welcome Nancy, you are going to love JUDDD. There is great support here and just a wonderful group of JUDDDers. So yes, come out to play, I think you will be very happy here.
Lee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
What brilliant results and realisations many of you have been having!

Stepinthyme, thank you so much for your lovely reply to my last post. I've just got back from a weekend away, where I was unable to track calories. I'd wondered about trying to do MDs but, as I've never counted calories before and I've only been doing this a couple of weeks, I can't yet do an estimate of how many I've eaten. So, I decided the best strategem was to just stay relaxed about it. I didn't attempt to fast and I know I didn't overeat. However, I had some oatcakes with chili brie to make sure it was a good UD yesterday to make a good contrast with my DD today. What an arduous sacrifice!

I weighed this morning and am 1lb lighter than last Monday and my weekly average weight is also coming down steadily so it's all looking good so far.

Nancy, I'm glad you've stopped lurking. These wonderful JUDDD Budds will help you integrate Dukan. I wish you an enjoyable journey.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 09-17-2012 at 05:40 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2bme View Post
Hi, my name is Nancy and I am thinking about starting JUDD. I bought the Alternative Day Diet Book a month ago and read it last week. I am currently on Dukan Diet and have been on it for only 1 week and have had good success on the attack phase. I will be on it for 4 more days and then I wish to transfer to JUDD for long term WOE. I don't know why I went with Dukan except to say my friend did so well on it. After reading the book and lurking around on this site it became apparent to me that I need this type of live style change. I don't want another diet in my life, I want to incorporate food as a way to nuture my body therefore I am excited about JUDD and what I have read. I'm also very scared that the 5 lbs I have already lost on Dukan will be "lost" if I start another program. I need to know if anyone has switched from one plan to another after just a week and if so what were the consequences? I left this question on the main " JUDD Newbie thread" so I hope to get an answer from either thread. I hope this is something that can be done without much pain since I want to play with you guys!!!!
Nancy I believe that the Dukan attack phase is Low Carb, am I right?

In that case you will almost certainly see an initial weight gain when you switch to JUDDD when you are reintroducing carbs. This is because you will regain any water weight you lost doing Dukan.

However, this will go quickly enough if you simply stick to the right calories on you rotations.

Flossyliz I am glad you are doing so well, even a weekend out of town hasn't phased you.

Love this thread.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Kissa;15949941]I am glad you are doing so well, even a weekend out of town hasn't phased you.QUOTE]

Thanks, Kissa.
I was trying to think of possible ways to be phased while eating this way - and the antidotes.

For example:
1. Already eaten my 315 DD cals and it's only lunchtime = no problem , I can go up to 550 if necessary - that's another generous meal!
2. Blown it on an UUAD - but did I enjoy it?!
3. Going to be difficult to keep to the rotations for a few days = can I pre-plan some MDs? If not I'll relax, eat sensibly, then start again asap.

Hey, I'm beginning to love this way of eating too - and it's getting easier all the time, thanks to all the advice from the JUDDD Buddds!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi There! Long time no post!

Apparently, I took off a couple of unplanned months to get my carb fix! I had so many long weekends/birthdays/outings...Ugh! Since my vacation first of July I am up 10 pounds! I have enjoyed eating all the carbs I've wanted but my DD and UD calorie counts have not been successful. I know that I can get these 10 back off easily with JUDDD but I'm having a very hard time sticking to it the past couple of weeks.

I switched up what I was eating on my DD which wasn't satisfying me so I was overeating. Then not counting on UD just added to the misery! When I look in the mirror it looks like all 10 of those pounds have went to my face/neck! I hate looking this way. Carbs also bloat me very bad. SOOOO I'm going to try to cut back on the carbs as much as I can and stick to my rotation/calories as strictly as I can. I need to get these 10 BACK OFF and then continue losing some more. I'm glad to be BACK!

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #134
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Today is my official two week weigh in and I've lost 6 pounds total since starting JUDDD.
Congratulations Cici52! That's fantastic!

I have had exactly the same loss - 6 pounds in 2 weeks. This plan is amazing! I have been struggling mightily on my UDs, due to my cousin's illness and death. I was supposed to fly back for the funeral, but was unable to go because I was/am having bad muscle spasms in my lower back. So I'm grieving, hurting, and feelin awful about not being able to go. ZERO appetite. My DDs have been a breeze. Today's an UD, and I'll be hoping to get back up to my 2272 calories.

On a more positive note, I had one (yes, I said one) slice of pizza last night for dinner, on my DD. I didn't even know having one slice was physically possible! IT IS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
Down another pound this morning, so after 3 weeks, 2 days, down 5 and a half pounds.
Good Job Dakini! Isn't this amazing! I still can't believe this works, and so well.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Hi There! Long time no post!

Apparently, I took off a couple of unplanned months to get my carb fix! I had so many long weekends/birthdays/outings...Ugh! Since my vacation first of July I am up 10 pounds! I have enjoyed eating all the carbs I've wanted but my DD and UD calorie counts have not been successful. I know that I can get these 10 back off easily with JUDDD but I'm having a very hard time sticking to it the past couple of weeks.

I switched up what I was eating on my DD which wasn't satisfying me so I was overeating. Then not counting on UD just added to the misery! When I look in the mirror it looks like all 10 of those pounds have went to my face/neck! I hate looking this way. Carbs also bloat me very bad. SOOOO I'm going to try to cut back on the carbs as much as I can and stick to my rotation/calories as strictly as I can. I need to get these 10 BACK OFF and then continue losing some more. I'm glad to be BACK!
You can do it Natasha. I know what a pain it is going back over ground you've already covered. But it seems like this plan is so great because you know that even if a few pounds creep back on, or you need a break for a "fix", you can go right back to JUDDD and get things right again!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #136

Good to see your lovely face back again Natasha. I am sure you are still gorgeous and I bet being a newly wed has been lots of fun.

I believe that coming to the JUDDD boards really helps to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Try using the UD and DD menu threads and check out out the great recipes in the DD recipe sticky. You'll soon kiss goodbye to those 10 lbs.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Well, today I learned the advantages of keeping a JUDDD diary.

I've had some really hungry DDs recently and I remembered that, when I first started, I went fairly easily till 5pm before I needed to eat. So, I went back to see what I've been doing differently. I noticed I'd also been below 300 cals on those days and I've been struggling to stay below 400 on the hungry DDs.

I discovered that the problems began when I stopped drinking black tea with skimmed milk on my DDs. I'd decided to save the milk calories for food and I've been drinking green or herbal teas.

Well, today I had 4 yummy mugs of "proper" tea over the afternoon and it's been a breeze. I didn't eat till 5pm and I've just (11pm) had some real Cheddar and a Ryvita for supper - with a cuppa!

It's also been a breakthrough to get some appropriate provisions in, after reading about them here. So, dinner was shirataki noodles, with lots of home-made tomato/veg sauce, a tbs of no-fat Greek yogurt and a teaspoonful of PB2 (cos it arrived today and I was dying to try it!). 104 calories and completely delicious.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zumba89
Stats: 318
Start Date: 9/9/12
It's on going on my 12th day on Juddd and with only one binge day I feel pretty good so far. I see Threads like daily weigh in and I wish I could weight in everyday. I'm not sure what my weight is now so i have to wait until Oct 12 . I'm going to work hard to I can see what my weight is. I've seen people lose 6 pounds and even 8 pounds in 2 weeks and that's what keeping me going.
Zumba89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Wow!, so much going on here. I get so excited to see all the successes and new and returning people.

Congratulations to LowCarbGal and Dakini on your losses.

LowCarbGal, so sorry about your cousin and this time of grief.

Natasha, so glad you came back. Taking the bull by the horns. Ole'!

Zumba, Keep it up! You may be astounded when you get on the scales in a couple weeks.

FlossyLiz, thank you so much for sharing your diary discovery. I am going to try that as my DDs always go a bit higher than planned.

Yesterday was a DD and this morning's weigh-in, a disappointment. There are two warring thoughts. The loud voice that says switch it up, change something, FIX it! The quiet calm voice that says, don't worry, just keep trying to get the rotations right and the pounds will go away. I am sticking with the quiet voice.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Another JUDDD diary discovery today!

I was just over my UD calories after dinner. That's not good because I don't like to go to bed hungry and I'm going to have to eat something now.

I'm a late-in-the-day eater but, even though I wasn't hungry, I had breakfast today at about 10.30am because a friend was coming and I wasn't sure what time I'd be having lunch. I also miscalculated my dinner cals and by then it was too late and I'd gone over.

Checking my JUDDD diary, I notice I've done this before, by having breakfast "just-in-case" because I was going out for lunch.

So, two valuable lessons learned today:
1. I shouldn't eat "just-in-case" breakfasts. I can always make up a calorie deficit later in the day.
2. Knowing I'd already used quite a few calories, it would have been sensible to calculate my dinner before I made and ate it!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Hi everyone!! I have been low carbing for a long time and am thinking of changing it up...I want some "normalcy" to my eating...not that low carb isn't normal, but I get to a certain point in my program and want different things to eat...I bought the JUDDD book on kindle and read it...and I like it!! I really want to try eating this way...starting tomorrow I am going to do JUDDD for the 2 weeks and see how I feel; I am pretty close to my goal but feel like I need to do something different. For about 2 weeks I have introduced carbs back in and I've stayed around 142, so UDs shouldnt make me gain a pile of weight now...I feel confident this will be a good thing for me I like the health aspect of it all Just saying hi and I will post how I'm doing with it

Kim

BTW a question...what if u do 2 DDs or 2 UDs in a row? Is that a problem?

Last edited by sloppail; 09-20-2012 at 08:37 PM..
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kim
Most people seem to find it's not a good idea to do two DDs in succession. It's recommended to enter a DD from an UD.

I understand the ideal is to aim for strict rotations in the first couple of weeks or so, till your body adjusts. However, if Life gets in the way occasionally, two consecutive UDs shouldn't derail you.

Some people successfully do DDs every Mon Wed and Fri and 2 UDs at the weekend.

The beauty of this WOE is that you make sure you understand the guidelines, then play with them to see what works for your body and lifestyle. I'm pretty new here but there's some wonderful info on these boards and tons of advice and support.

Great that you've reintroduced carbs with no ill-effects!
I wish you a very enjoyable JUDDD journey.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Liz! I'm not planning to do 2UD or DDs in a row...just wondered what would happen I am starting with a DD today...my calculator said 1880 for UD and I will do 500 for my DD, going to do this for 2 weeks and see how I feel I am excited, I think this will be a great way to lose and then to maintain weight

Starting at 142.6
DD: 500 cals
UD will be 1880 (up to but notover, right?)

Kim
Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

I'm finally getting the hang of this!

Been out for a long lunch with a good friend and settled for two slow cappucinos instead of eating.
HOW MANY calories??!!??!!

Next time I'll have a very slow pot of green tea!

So, I'm now making my veggie/tomato sauce, 200 cals and enough for 2 DDs. Then, I've calculated what I can add to it for a fanciable, nourishing and sustaining dinner.

Amazingly, I'll also have enough cals left from my DD 315 to have a bit of supper later on.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Good plan Kim!
So far, it's been working for me and I'm enjoying the discoveries.
Have a great first DD!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Kim! I think you'll love it here.

I came from low carb too, and haven't really given it up, although I did have pizza this week for the first time in ages.

You're really close to your goal! How exciting. JUDDD could be the exact thing your body needs to shift into high gear and exit those last few pounds. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/149/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Hi Everybody

I want to join your JUDDD group. It seems like something that is realistic and I can make part of my lifestyle. At Dr. Johnson’s site, I calculated that I could eat up to 1826 on my UD and 546 on my DD.

The question I have is do I have to eat 1826 calories, or can I go a little lower?

Also, it’s great to see that you all have a Callanetics thread here, it’ll be interesting to see how this type of exercise complements the JUDDD.

I look forward to picking up pointers from the veterans, here!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, callagirl! This is a great place for support and tips. So much knowledge gathered. I'm pretty new but here is my take. With JUDDD, the distance between UD and DD calories seems to be important in the weight loss process. Also, keeping your UD calories as high as possible for as long as possible will make maintaining later on easier and keeps your metabolism from slowing down. However, Dr. Johnson didn't seem too concerned about test subjects who restricted on UP days at first. IMO hitting the numbers on the dot is not something to obsess about. Everybody is different and the calculator can only give you a guideline.

Good luck and enjoy the freedom.

Last edited by cici52; 09-22-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Old 09-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #149

Sorry I haven't been around much, family and friends staying.

Lovely to see the newer newcomers getting great help from the older Newbies. That is what is so great about this forum. Thank you all.

And of course.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome!! I woke up this morning not hungry for my UD, but did the day not overeating but eating to fullness My DD is tomorrow so I feel I will do well !! Went for a bikeride tonight with my son...loved that I did not obsess about food today because I knew I could have what I wanted and there would be more in two days...

Have a great day everyone!

Kim