Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,143
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbinca View Post
OK, so someone's gotta ask it - I guess it'll be me.
Um.... Bathroom issues? As in not going? Any quick fixes you can suggest?
One issue may simply be the difference in what you're putting IN your body between UDs and DDs. You simply aren't eating very much on a DD, so you may not need to go as often. Some here use Magnesium or there are several other OTC remedies. I just wait it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
What a welcoming group, thank you all so much. Mssarge, you're very impressive, losing 30 pounds in 3 months! I'm in my mid-50s, what used to work to lose weight laughs at me now and of course so much of my weight wants to be belly fat, the worst kind of fat. So I'm very happy to find something that has knocked me off my plateau.

Is there any potential problem with keeping my DD's low, todays DD calories are 378.
Dr. J says complete fasting would be preferable, but he understood many of us wouldn't stick with complete fasts every other day, so it was determined that the small amount of calories on DDs gives equal health benefits while still allowing us to eat something. YMMV, but plenty here have done and continue to do complete fasts. I'm often under 400 calories and lose very well.
__________________
Dawn

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Newbie here. Started JUDDD 8/31 with an initial loss of 1 pound overnight, though that may well have been from my regular dieting efforts of VLC - I was losing 1 to 2.5 pounds a week anyway. Since that one pound loss I've gone up 2 pounds. So 4 days of JUDDD and down one, up two, for a change of up a pound.

Please tell me others gained initially and if I continue I will lose, otherwise, my previous dieting was much more successful. I wanted to do this for ease and other health benefits.

Using Dr. J's calculator.... DD should be 300 to 500 and UD 1750. It is my understanding that I don't have to do the full UD, right? Just doesn't make sense to force myself to eat just to make that number, though I would happily do it. Seems I need to keep my calories at 1000 to 1100 (what I was doing), regardless of the day before?

My four days so far...
8/31 start weight 172 DD 490
9/1 weight 171 UD 1260
9/2 weight 172 DD 460
9/3 weight 172 UD 1440
9/4 today weight 173 DD going to shoot for <300 today

I do weigh every day or I lose my way, not my weight. I do look at weekly loss though as my guide. Just not impressed with the trend I'm seeing. Hoping this first week isn't an indication of what my trend will be with JUDDD.

Thanks for a great, supportive group. I have spent hours reading previous threads. You are all amazing.
EllaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbinca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 301
Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Thanks, Dawn! Now another Q - has anyone had any benefit from doing a slightly different schedule? I'm thinking 2 down days between up days, just because that way I'll be able to eat DD food leftovers more easily...
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbinca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 301
Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Today's breakfast - someone please tell me if I'm figuring this right!
I made a 7 egg-white omelet and ate a little less than 1/3 of it... it also contained a wedge of fresh tomato and 1/4 cup roasted zucchini, various spices and a sprinkle of dried onion. I grated a bunch of cheddar over the other 2/3 for my teenager, and put 1/2 of a laughing cow light garlic and herb wedge in my third. So:
around 2 egg whites = 34 calories
1/3 of a wedge of tomato = 2 calories
a sprinkle of roasted zucchini = 1.6 calories
dried onion = 2.6 calories
1/2 laughing cow wedge = 17.5 calories
For a breakfast of 57.7 calories. Did I do that right? (It was yummy by the way, but in hindsight I'd add a LOT more veggies!!)
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Norfolk Mermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,689
Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
QUICKIE POST.... Diabetes is kicking butt the last 2 days in the mornings but I wanted to post this mornings WEIGHT LOSS FOR AUGUST *4 & 1/2 lbs.* Yesterday was hot dogs and beer so I am calling it a HOLIDAY food day. I am sure that means a water weight as the hot dogs were the real deal of Beef/Pork Boarshead hot dogs and were sure worth it. The beer was a LARGE HeineKin and not light either.
I LOVE JUDDD! September weigh in will be the first down day after Oct. 3rd and will be even better with no holiday- well, my birthday is the 30th of Sept. but will not celebrate it till my CRUISE TO FREEPORT, NASSAU AND I forget the other island beginning Oct. 9th. I will check my measurments tomorrow as if feel so sicky today.
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO for JUDDD.

Oh, please everyone make a big fuss, OK?!!!!
__________________
Lainey "libra 71"


Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 09-04-2012 at 07:49 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,143
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbinca View Post
Thanks, Dawn! Now another Q - has anyone had any benefit from doing a slightly different schedule? I'm thinking 2 down days between up days, just because that way I'll be able to eat DD food leftovers more easily...
I know some of the more senior JUDDDers have done experiments with back-to-back DDs and found they didn't lose any better or faster doing it that way. Others have found if they don't eat enough on their alternating days that it stalls them or even causes them to gain. I would recommend doing the straight UD/DD alternations for at least a few weeks or a month to see how your body works, then you can always tweak later if needed. You may be surprised how wonderfully you do and how fun it is to have UDs every other day.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,763
Gallery: cici52
Fantastic steady loss, Lainey! Hot dogs and beer. What a great WOL. I also love a beer. As I am new (6 days JUDDD), mind telling me your UD/DD cals?
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,143
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaP View Post
Newbie here. Started JUDDD 8/31 with an initial loss of 1 pound overnight, though that may well have been from my regular dieting efforts of VLC - I was losing 1 to 2.5 pounds a week anyway. Since that one pound loss I've gone up 2 pounds. So 4 days of JUDDD and down one, up two, for a change of up a pound.

Please tell me others gained initially and if I continue I will lose, otherwise, my previous dieting was much more successful. I wanted to do this for ease and other health benefits.

Using Dr. J's calculator.... DD should be 300 to 500 and UD 1750. It is my understanding that I don't have to do the full UD, right? Just doesn't make sense to force myself to eat just to make that number, though I would happily do it. Seems I need to keep my calories at 1000 to 1100 (what I was doing), regardless of the day before?

My four days so far...
8/31 start weight 172 DD 490
9/1 weight 171 UD 1260
9/2 weight 172 DD 460
9/3 weight 172 UD 1440
9/4 today weight 173 DD going to shoot for <300 today

I do weigh every day or I lose my way, not my weight. I do look at weekly loss though as my guide. Just not impressed with the trend I'm seeing. Hoping this first week isn't an indication of what my trend will be with JUDDD.

Thanks for a great, supportive group. I have spent hours reading previous threads. You are all amazing.
Did you add back carbs, or are you still LC? If you added back carbs, you will see an initial regain of the water weight, but it is not fat and will come right back off in a few days. Even if you're staying LC, with your UD calories so low, you may not be getting yourself out of the stress response of the DDs sufficiently for your body to release the fat. I would say to try to get up to or close to your UD numbers for a few weeks, and keep the spread between the two days fairly large, and I bet you'll see really good results.

To get calories up without a lot of bulk, add nuts, butter, nut butters, avocado, cheese, full-fat dressings and sauces, etc. You don't have to stuff yourself, but you do need to make sure your body knows you're not going to starve.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,763
Gallery: cici52
Ella, Sounds like water rebound. You can't have gained fat in that short of time. You were at very low cals before starting JUDDD. I would give it a couple weeks before deciding.

Oops. See Kiera'sMom gave a much more in depth answer while I was typing.

Last edited by cici52; 09-04-2012 at 08:11 AM..
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbinca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 301
Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I know some of the more senior JUDDDers have done experiments with back-to-back DDs and found they didn't lose any better or faster doing it that way. Others have found if they don't eat enough on their alternating days that it stalls them or even causes them to gain. I would recommend doing the straight UD/DD alternations for at least a few weeks or a month to see how your body works, then you can always tweak later if needed. You may be surprised how wonderfully you do and how fun it is to have UDs every other day.
Thank you! I am already looking forward to tomorrow, lol, and it's only 7AM! Ha! It seems so easy to get through the day, though, knowing that I can eat whatever I want tomorrow!!

OK, next question - how close to the UP calories do we need to get? I was afraid I hadn't gotten enough yesterday, so I made an insanely decadent dessert with ricotta and cocoa and HWC and beanit butter powder (tastes like peanut butter, soo yummy - my daughter is allergic to peanuts) so I bet I hit it yesterday, but I'd like to know how much I really need to be eating on UP days..
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Thanks, ladies. I needed that encouragement.

Maybe I'll try to eat at the recommended numbers then, for UD and DD, or close to them, and see what happens. At least for a few more days. It just scares me a little to eat 1700 calories a day. Not that I will have any trouble... I'm overweight, so obviously I do love food. It will just feel a little weird deliberately taking calories up higher. At 1400 yesterday I wasn't stuffed by any means, but I wasn't really so hungry to feel like I just had to eat more- I was 'okay'.

I'm staying LC both UD and DD, otherwise I'd never be able to handle the DD. LC keeps me from being hungry and keeps any triggers at bay.

Again, thank you!
EllaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,143
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbinca View Post
Thank you! I am already looking forward to tomorrow, lol, and it's only 7AM! Ha! It seems so easy to get through the day, though, knowing that I can eat whatever I want tomorrow!!

OK, next question - how close to the UP calories do we need to get? I was afraid I hadn't gotten enough yesterday, so I made an insanely decadent dessert with ricotta and cocoa and HWC and beanit butter powder (tastes like peanut butter, soo yummy - my daughter is allergic to peanuts) so I bet I hit it yesterday, but I'd like to know how much I really need to be eating on UP days..
There are a couple of schools of thought on UD calories. Dr. J says you don't HAVE to eat them all, and some don't and lose just fine. Others find that if they don't eat all their UD calories, or at least close, they don't lose as well. I personally eat all my UD calories, and am having very good success. I figure once I get to goal, I'd like my metabolism to be working as well as possible, and if I restrict too much, I'm worried my metabolism will slow.

If you don't have a really good spread between the two days, I don't think you get as many of the health benefits, but that's just my opinion. I always think it's best to try it out for quite a while (a month if you can) hitting both numbers as closely as possible and then you can reevaluate if you're not getting the results you're hoping for. As weird as it sounds, there have been plenty of JUDDDers (myself included) who found that if we didn't eat enough, we didn't lose well. What a horrible problem to have!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,143
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Mermaid View Post
QUICKIE POST.... Diabetes is kicking butt the last 2 days in the mornings but I wanted to post this mornings WEIGHT LOSS FOR AUGUST *4 & 1/2 lbs.* Yesterday was hot dogs and beer so I am calling it a HOLIDAY food day. I am sure that means a water weight as the hot dogs were the real deal of Beef/Pork Boarshead hot dogs and were sure worth it. The beer was a LARGE HeineKin and not light either.
I LOVE JUDDD! September weigh in will be the first down day after Oct. 3rd and will be even better with no holiday- well, my birthday is the 30th of Sept. but will not celebrate it till my CRUISE TO FREEPORT, NASSAU AND I forget the other island beginning Oct. 9th. I will check my measurments tomorrow as if feel so sicky today.
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO for JUDDD.

Oh, please everyone make a big fuss, OK?!!!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Dakini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: California
Posts: 4,908
Gallery: Dakini
Dawn, you are a wealth of information, thank you!

Lainey, isn't it great to see the numbers on the scale go down? Congratulations!!! (and what is it about new digits, anyway, I can't wait to be in the 150's again)
Dakini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member
 
Mrs S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 343
Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
I started JUDDD yesterday. Today is my first down day. I'm trying to fast until mid afternoon so the evening won't seem so long. I ordered Dr J's book and it should arrive today but I was just so eager to get started that I read everything on here and his website to get an idea of the program. Nice to have a group to share with. My husband is supportive but his eyes will glaze if I start talking about the details of this all the time. I'm so glad to have found this place!
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #46
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,404
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Hello everyone! This is such a wonderful, supportive place, and I can't wait to be part of this group! I have been low carbing since mid-January, and have lost 55 pounds so far. I seem to have hit a plateau, which happened to me last time at around 50 pounds lost. I lost 94 pounds between mid-1998 to early 2000, getting down to my goal weight of 130. Well...to be honest, my goal was 120, but I felt I looked good at 130 and didn't do that final push to 120.

I'm hoping JUDDD will help me break this plateau and get the scale moving down again and so jumping in today. I've been lurking and reading for a few weeks, and have read Dr. Johnson's book. My UD should be 2272 and my DD (20-25%) 454-568. I'm shooting for a 500 DD today since I had an Up holiday weekend!

My plan on DD is to have just coffee with HWC and liquid sucrolose or a Torani sugar free syrup for breakfast and lunch, and then a light but satisfying dinner. I'm hoping I can do that. I typically don't feel hungry early in the day, but hope I can make it until dinner. I also want to keep my UDs fairly low carb, because my body just feels better without the sugar and starch, but we'll see how it goes as I move along.

Thanks all of you for being here. I have a lot to lose, and would love it if JUDDD can help me with that steady loss.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbinca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 301
Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
There are a couple of schools of thought on UD calories. Dr. J says you don't HAVE to eat them all, and some don't and lose just fine. Others find that if they don't eat all their UD calories, or at least close, they don't lose as well. I personally eat all my UD calories, and am having very good success. I figure once I get to goal, I'd like my metabolism to be working as well as possible, and if I restrict too much, I'm worried my metabolism will slow.

If you don't have a really good spread between the two days, I don't think you get as many of the health benefits, but that's just my opinion. I always think it's best to try it out for quite a while (a month if you can) hitting both numbers as closely as possible and then you can reevaluate if you're not getting the results you're hoping for. As weird as it sounds, there have been plenty of JUDDDers (myself included) who found that if we didn't eat enough, we didn't lose well. What a horrible problem to have!
OK, I'll do my best!!
I posted my morning menu earlier, but can't find the post now.. I ended up around 60 calories for breakfast, with a determination to add more veggies in the future, lol! Lunch in an hour - been a little hungry, but OK with lots of water...
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
LoCarbGal and mrs S. I like to wait to eat until later in the day on DDs and some like to spread their calories through the day. See what works for you. Lots of ideas around here for low calorie foods. Let us know how your doing and if you have questions.
Glad your here!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbinca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 301
Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
How's everyone's day going? Today so far I've eaten:
Breakfast - about 60 calories
Lunch - about 100 calories
Snack - about 100 calories
and dinner's coming up - it's already made, so it'll be another 100 calories. So, I'll have about 30 calories to 'burn' before bedtime and my next UP day! I roasted a bunch of veggies this afternoon, and saved half of a laughingcowlight wedge from breakfast, so that'll be an awesome snack I think!! How'm I doing?
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW Lower Michigan
Posts: 27
Gallery: jujewbee
Stats: 323/320/175?
WOE: hcg
Start Date: 1/11/12
Hi. I am new to JUDD. Have done HCG and lost 50 lbs., but need to do something a little different for a while. This looks like it might actually work for me. I have a question, and although it may be answered here somewhere, this website is a little overwhelming for me - sooooo many threads and posts and such - I can't keep up!

I am diabetic, and wondered if the up days bother anyone? After the WOE and loss with HCG, I am off insulin, but was concerned about the UP days? I'm not planning on binge-ing,, but have done LC for so many years I thought it might be nice to be able to eat some of the things I pass on so often.

Looking forward to giving this a shot.
jujewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,763
Gallery: cici52
Hi Jujewbee. Fun to see someone I know (from another forum). I have to let someone else answer your questions as I am new and kind of clueless.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbinca View Post
How's everyone's day going? Today so far I've eaten:
Breakfast - about 60 calories
Lunch - about 100 calories
Snack - about 100 calories
and dinner's coming up - it's already made, so it'll be another 100 calories. So, I'll have about 30 calories to 'burn' before bedtime and my next UP day! I roasted a bunch of veggies this afternoon, and saved half of a laughingcowlight wedge from breakfast, so that'll be an awesome snack I think!! How'm I doing?
looks good! Planning is huge.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujewbee View Post
Hi. I am new to JUDD. Have done HCG and lost 50 lbs., but need to do something a little different for a while. This looks like it might actually work for me. I have a question, and although it may be answered here somewhere, this website is a little overwhelming for me - sooooo many threads and posts and such - I can't keep up!

I am diabetic, and wondered if the up days bother anyone? After the WOE and loss with HCG, I am off insulin, but was concerned about the UP days? I'm not planning on binge-ing,, but have done LC for so many years I thought it might be nice to be able to eat some of the things I pass on so often.

Looking forward to giving this a shot.

I don't have the answer to your question but I agree there is a lot of info to go through! I hope someone can help with your question.
I do think you'll JUDDD!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbinca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 301
Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
looks good! Planning is huge.
Thank you! I'm still insanely full from breakfast (about 5AM, lol) - and I was only able to eat half of my food! (Saved the rest for a snack before I go on errands..
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #55
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,404
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I made it through my first DD pretty well. I did make it until dinner w/just coffee, and I had .25 ounce of Monterey cheese, which is hardly anything by the way, but somehow it helped. My calories came in at 499. I felt some hunger before dinner, and late in the evening, but was able to ignore it. I worried a little that I might wake up in the middle of the night starving, but I slept great!

But......I'm down 2 pounds this morning! I'm so excited! I know there's a lot of up and down on this WOE, but I'm taking my victories where I can!

Now, I'm off to try and get my 2272 calories in for this UD. Wow, what a problem!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
great start locarbgal!
Enjoy your UD!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member
 
lowcarbinca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 301
Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Awesome, LowCarbGal!!

<<<*really needs to get a battery for her scale*
I haven't weighed myself in so long, I'm afraid that I weigh more than I thought I did, and won't even know if I've lost any weight because I was so much heavier than I thought! Dumb reason to avoid weighing, I know..
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,910
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujewbee View Post
Hi. I am new to JUDD. Have done HCG and lost 50 lbs., but need to do something a little different for a while. This looks like it might actually work for me. I have a question, and although it may be answered here somewhere, this website is a little overwhelming for me - sooooo many threads and posts and such - I can't keep up!

I am diabetic, and wondered if the up days bother anyone? After the WOE and loss with HCG, I am off insulin, but was concerned about the UP days? I'm not planning on binge-ing,, but have done LC for so many years I thought it might be nice to be able to eat some of the things I pass on so often.

Looking forward to giving this a shot.
Wow!!! Congratulations on the -50lbs and -insulin!!!


From the rest of your post, are you thinking of re-introducing carbs?
I don't think that's a good idea, especially at the beginning. Maybe once you've been doing JUDDD for a month or two. See how/if JUDDD works for you without adding the confounding factor of carbs.

After several months of doing JUDDD or IF in one form or another, I noticed that my "tolerance" of carbs seemed a little higher. I don't get as fatigued, and my heart rate doesn't race the way it used to.

And here are a couple threads on the subject:
Blood Sugar & JUDDD
Blood sugar questions

And I've been having some success with this:
"Alkaline water" & I've been getting NORMAL readings!!!
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #59
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,046
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Mermaid View Post
QUICKIE POST.... Diabetes is kicking butt the last 2 days in the mornings but I wanted to post this mornings WEIGHT LOSS FOR AUGUST *4 & 1/2 lbs.* Yesterday was hot dogs and beer so I am calling it a HOLIDAY food day. I am sure that means a water weight as the hot dogs were the real deal of Beef/Pork Boarshead hot dogs and were sure worth it. The beer was a LARGE HeineKin and not light either.
I LOVE JUDDD! September weigh in will be the first down day after Oct. 3rd and will be even better with no holiday- well, my birthday is the 30th of Sept. but will not celebrate it till my CRUISE TO FREEPORT, NASSAU AND I forget the other island beginning Oct. 9th. I will check my measurments tomorrow as if feel so sicky today.
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO for JUDDD.

Oh, please everyone make a big fuss, OK?!!!!
Oh Lainey that is wonderful. I am delighted for you. Sorry you are feeling a bit unwell though.

Beer and Hotdogs. Tough diet eh?

To all you Newbies, I have been out of town since Saturday but hope to be back to posting more regularly again now.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member
 
molly1844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Eastern Indiana
Posts: 13
Gallery: molly1844
WOE: MOderate Carbs/Type 2 Diabetes
Start Date: August 2013
Welcome

Welcome CiCi! Great to see you here. Lots of wonderful support and encouragement here! Feel free to ask questions.
molly1844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.