Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aeroangie
Stats: 159/159/130 anything
WOE: Low Carb + JUDDD
Start Date: 8/24/2012
Muck & Mire...short intro!

Many of you don't know me here but I am a retired fitness professional and I want to impress upon anyone that feels weary...it's important to remember weight loss is only "one" goal you may have in your life. You probably have many others.

A few of mine are 1. forgive others 2. teach my children well 3. keep learning and educating myself 4. travel, travel, travel 5. help others less fortunate 6. help animals whenever possible 7. make more money 8. be a good wife/mother/family member and improve lines of communication between all...and the list goes on!

So - losing weight isn't really the most important even though most of us women have been brainwashed by society to believe otherwise. Yes, becoming more healthy is important of course....but it's so we can DO all of the above. Sometimes, we can't see the forest for the trees.

Just sayin'! I hate to see people sad. Be glad we are healthy enough and full enough to even be "thinking" ....hey, I need to reduce. That in itself is a luxury!
Aeroangie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:39 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I completely agree, and we mention that fact often here, so you have come among many like-minded folks. Welcome!

It's pretty understandable that many/most would come here from a mindset of wanting weight loss, since most come to JUDDD from other areas of LCF and other diet plans, and overweight is usually what brought them to LCF in the first place. It's not too long before they become more fully aware of the overall benefits to both physical and mental health that this way of eating brings to their health and then realize they are likely to improve their lives in many ways, just by following this way of eating. Being happy and encouraged by that knowledge seems to spread out from there and affect our ways of viewing everything. Fun!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
angie, since I knew you were in fitness, I assumed you might discuss toning up and becoming fit, or general/complete health as opposed to simple weight loss. Very interesting that you intended to bring up our life goals in relationships, charity/benefitting others, learning/self improvement.

Actually I do see a tie-in for me, having to do with STRENGTH, TIME and STAMINA.
As I place emphasis on my health, I gain the strength to meet my other goals.
As I get more efficient at daily self-care of diet and exercise, I find there is more time for all the other things I want out of life (both here-and-now and in the hope of a longer, healthier life).
Because I've helped myself to feel better, I find I have stamina to help others around me, take care of my family, and even have some fun or believe I can take on a new project.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Wow! This has been great reading gals!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Thank you!

I have many goals and weight loss is not at the top, but it goes along with my "health & wellbeing" goal.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Thank you!

I have many goals and weight loss is not at the top, but it goes along with my "health & wellbeing" goal.
Hi, nice to meet you. Thanks for posting your goals.

Ditto to Sunday's post. For me, getting healthy and feeling well was a top reason for going the JUDDD path, but I have many other goals and aspirations.

As for feeling weary, I do get weary. Being consistent and watching my calories and logging and weighing and measuring my foods does get old sometimes. Following my eating and exercise plan is constant work for me and sometimes, I get tired. It is essential to my success, but sometimes I just get tired of it. What I did when that last happened was take a 7 week period of working on maintaining. I could relax a bit and work on another very important aspect of this journey-- maintaining! It helped me get my groove back.

For those of us who have a very large amount of weight to lose, I believe some of us hit psychological land mines at times that can make us weary and momentarily sad. I know when I hit various numbers going down the scale, it triggers hurts, pains, and negative emotions I need to work through. That said, I think that is perfectly normal and okay. It is a process to work through. Sometimes I am going to feel sad and that is a signal to me there is something I need to heal. Weight loss for me is way way more than just physical healing. There is a great deal of emotional healing that goes on at the same time. Sometimes I physically stall on the scale, and sometimes I emotionally stall and have to work on healing the wound before I move forward.

It's all a process. And for me, my goals shift in priority like sands in an hour glass. Sometimes weight loss is at the bottom of the list. Sometimes it is at the top. All my goals shift depending on what is going on at that moment in time.

Thanks for the interesting discussion!

Last edited by sungoddess; 08-31-2012 at 08:12 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww Bev, I love this!

We are opening up a lot of the past hurts when we struggle with weight loss. Taking a maintenance break helped me as well and kept me from giving up on ever losing.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I saw the process all the time as the ower of fitness centers and I know the pain several of you speak of. It was sad for me when I saw so many weary beautiful ladies that were "all consumed" at times w/ "losing weight" and if it didn't happen, or if life got in the way, I saw many give up. I can sense that when I am flipping through the posts on here too. I hate the pressure society puts on women!

I try to always be a "builder upper" because most of these women were indeed "torn down" by "loved ones" and of course, by bullies in school (of course, I was also for being flat chested!) That tearing down does indeed take a long time to rebuild but obesity is a very, very complex issue that isn't always related to overeating or even necessarily to what the person has done. I saw fat children that I KNEW were not being overfed! I can tell you that I did see more successes when people did cut carbs. The low fatters failed often and usually became very depressed. Not eating enough and starving also would cause depression. It was a viscious cycle!

But, I am here with you all so need your advice more than you could understand. When you have never had to control your weight until your late 40's, that is a good thing but also is a bad thing. I feel lost a lot, having always watched my eating habits! When your body changes it really does suck but I had no idea how much!!!! Help!!! I don't wanna get old and fat! THAT is why I picked JUDDD!

Yes, I want to lose 20 or 25 pounds but I know 15 would be fine too and probably easily maintained. I probably won't see those 4's again (that would be 25 lost) but would certainly welcome back all the 6's I own (20 pounds.) But, if only 15 comes off, I wouldn't be ecstatic to go buy a bunch of size 8's but I do realize that would be good for my age and take me out of the "overweight" range.

So, I am trying to "get real" with myself so I don't get depressed on this new journey!

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I hear you. I have been thinking about my goal weight and whether it's doable or sustainable. I've been 112 as and adult. Probably right up till I turned 30. My body has changed a lot and I'm going to have to see as I get into the low 130's and upper 120's if that 112 is realistic.

JUDDD is amazing- almost magical and for me this WOE is sustainable.

Like so many others posted weight loss is a goal, but I have many others as well. I just need to be fit and healthy so I can accomplish and enjoy them.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I hear you. I have been thinking about my goal weight and whether it's doable or sustainable. I've been 112 as and adult. Probably right up till I turned 30. My body has changed a lot and I'm going to have to see as I get into the low 130's and upper 120's if that 112 is realistic.

JUDDD is amazing- almost magical and for me this WOE is sustainable.

Like so many others posted weight loss is a goal, but I have many others as well. I just need to be fit and healthy so I can accomplish and enjoy them.

I too am 5'2" but a lot older, today the scale was at 114# but I hope to get it a bit lower so my tummy looks better!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I too am 5'2" but a lot older, today the scale was at 114# but I hope to get it a bit lower so my tummy looks better!

Leona
Was 122 your highest weight? I have been as high as 230
I already have some serious skin issues- this alone may totally prevent me from obtaining my goal weight...

Can anyone chime is on this... I try not to fret, but I think even if I exercized for 3-4 hours a day that this won't improve much. They need a smiley for "very concerned".
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Was 122 your highest weight? I have been as high as 230
I already have some serious skin issues- this alone may totally prevent me from obtaining my goal weight...

Can anyone chime is on this... I try not to fret, but I think even if I exercized for 3-4 hours a day that this won't improve much. They need a smiley for "very concerned".
About 20 years ago I was at 142 ( which was my highest ever, except when PG ), I lost the 20 pounds, not sure when about 15 years back I think! I started with JUDD at 122 .

My hairdresser lost 150# she told me and looks super great, said she lost the weight and exercises and now has no loose skin what so ever, claims it was all exercise, which she still does!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Great topic...thanks! I'm so glad to hear that y'all are so concerned about the other aspects of living, and don't forget the other benefits that IF offers...many of which you will see, me probably not.

Just recently heard of setting a mission statement for life...was so used to making them for the units in which I worked, but never thought of using one for living....still working on it. Goals, yes, both short term and long term and I always include being a better person and helping those less fortunate than me...and I consider myself very blessed.

And this woe and those here have been an added blessing...I was always a little overweight ever since age 13 when I put on 30 pounds and grew five inches over the summer break...Kept my weight fairly stable through my 20's, 30's, and even into the 50's...then when I was 55 and retiring from the Army (I joined when I was 33) I quit smoking and "allowed myself to put on 40 pounds, thinking I deserved it as I retired, moved back home, then took a job with government service and moved again and packed on a few more pounds. Got tired of losing and regaining the same 10 pounds before I found this woe and have lost almost 30 pounds in the last three months....I just wish I had discovered it sooner, like last year, before my husband died in January...I think he would have liked it.

'scuse me for hijacking, but just wanted to thank you all and let you know that it's never too late to "take it off" and re-start the system...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mary , I am sorry, I didn't realize that you lost your husband in January. I am thankful that you have found JUDDD and the budds!
I am also thrilled and joyed that you have lost 30 lbs in the last 3 months JUDDDing!

Aeroangie, I feel very confident that you will get back to your sz 6!
I have lost weight with JUDDD that honestly wasn't budging with other means and it is finally sinking in that this is the way to get me to goal! When I first came, I told myself, I wasn't going to expect a miracle but I truly feel that JUDDD is miraculous!

Carly, I really think the healing aspect of JUDDD is going to help us shrink our skin that may not be tightening with exercise. I can't say why I believe this, but I really do think it is that amazing. Exercise is one method to help muscle building, but as far as skin tightening, I think JUDDD is the method.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 09-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement Juddd Buds!

And to Mary - I am so sorry for your loss and thank you for serving our country!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroangie View Post
Many of you don't know me here but I am a retired fitness professional and I want to impress upon anyone that feels weary...it's important to remember weight loss is only "one" goal you may have in your life. You probably have many others.

A few of mine are 1. forgive others 2. teach my children well 3. keep learning and educating myself 4. travel, travel, travel 5. help others less fortunate 6. help animals whenever possible 7. make more money 8. be a good wife/mother/family member and improve lines of communication between all...and the list goes on!

So - losing weight isn't really the most important even though most of us women have been brainwashed by society to believe otherwise. Yes, becoming more healthy is important of course....but it's so we can DO all of the above. Sometimes, we can't see the forest for the trees.

Just sayin'! I hate to see people sad. Be glad we are healthy enough and full enough to even be "thinking" ....hey, I need to reduce. That in itself is a luxury!
I totally agree!
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Got tired of losing and regaining the same 10 pounds before I found this woe and have lost almost 30 pounds in the last three months....I just wish I had discovered it sooner, like last year, before my husband died in January...I think he would have liked it.

'scuse me for hijacking, but just wanted to thank you all and let you know that it's never too late to "take it off" and re-start the system...
Mary I know your husband would have been both impressed and delighted with the way you have rebuilt your life and health and are addressing your weight! I am so sorry you are not able to share this journey with him.

I started lurking on the JUDDD forum a little over a year ago. One of the things that struck me from the very beginning was the how frequently posters changed from 'Can I lose weight? I just have to lose this weight!' to 'Wow, the improvements in my health are amazing, I feel so much better, I have so much more energy, I find myself reaching for and enjoying healthy foods without even thinking about it. Oh, and I am losing weight.'

There are so many different ways to lose weight. Some of them enhance health. Some of them put a terrible strain on the body, even result in long-damage. Having seen some amazing and very positive results in myself, I celebrate every person who chooses a healthy route.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote