Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee1904
WOE: JUDD
Can't Do JUDD So I Modified It

I have been struggling with JUDD all summer and just cannot go every other day with being so hungry. 2 days a week mentally just seem like something I can handle better. So I am modifying JUDD to fit me.

I am doing the following:

2 days of DD calories 300
2 days of UD calories 1500 - 1800
3 days of moderate calories 1200 - 1400

I do not know if it will work but so far I have lost 5 pounds. Of course you have to take into consideration that I have been pigging out all summer so any normal calorie levels for me will result in weight loss right now.

After a few weeks of this I will really be able to see if it works. Fingers Crossed.
Dee1904 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
and hope it keeps on!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aeroangie
Stats: 159/159/130 anything
WOE: Low Carb + JUDDD
Start Date: 8/24/2012
My husband wants to do the 5:2 which is seen on the BBC video. It worked great for that guy. I am tweaking mine right from the get go personally as to try to get onto a different plan to shake up my metabolism.

I am doing:
Days 2, 4, 7 - DD - 500 calories
Days 1, 3, 5 - UD - 1800 calories
Day 6 - mid day - 1200 calories (but very, very low carb)

I am also adding HIIT training to my routine. Read about it on Amazon. It's called Burst and is only .99 for the e-book.

Good luck with your new plan. I have to be able to stick to something for anything to work. That's why I tweaked it before I even started. I have never "failed" on any plan unless I just couldn't do it (ex. - Hcg) Whatever it is, you have to be able to stick to it!
Aeroangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/196/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
What and where is the BBC video? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times since I've been back here. Just curious if it's something I need to watch.
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/196/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
Nevermind~I found it.
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: This week: NK/Keto
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Angie is doing what several of us do (and okayed by Dr. J.) and Dee, you're doing a flip of it.

I do a rotation of M/W/F Down Days, T/Thurs. Up Days, and Sunday is a medium day. I did this rotation a few years ago and it was working great. Then I went on vacation and we won't discuss what didn't happen when I got home.

Good luck with your rotations!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Dee, I wish you well. Ever since the program (which was brilliant) the concept of just 2 DDs per week has been something people took away from Dr. Mattson's knowledge and are using. I am still trying to wrap my mind around it but am encouraging my husband to consider it as an alternative (Ha Ha, alternative to alternative) to JUDDD. It may not be JUDDD, and it may not be what we think of as alternation. But I consider it as coming out of JUDDD since Dr. Mattson, to my mind, was integral to the research that began alternate day eating, with Dr. Johnson pointing to him as an expert. He's trying to bring the benefit to more people, and he ought to know!

I guess I think of it as a partial JUDDD or partial alternate day eating, which, even though it makes me scratch my head, is truly helping people.

angie, that's what I've done since 2009 when I read it in Dr. J's book. Since a discussion here a few months ago that placing an UD before every DD keeps you "fueled" best to have a successful, easier DD, I've done that rather than have my MD before a DD. To be fully truthful, I always felt the same on every DD even before I changed so I may not be one by whom you could prove a difference, but it does make sense.

Hi, ironicwoman. Isn't that a great program?

In case anyone else want to find that program (and you DO)

Horizon Eat, Fast and Live Longer

youtube

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
I think the different ways you can legitimately do IF (Leangains, Fast Five, Warrior, Eat Stop Eat, JUDDD) allows us flexibility to do it the way that suits our lives. I always found it socially very awkward to have a DD at the weekend so I did two UDs with Sunday being a moderate day. So I was three days a week DD. I still lost, albeit slowly.

On top of that I now do a 16-19 hours fast (pure fast with no calories) most days. For some this is all they do and it gives good results so combining that technique with three 500 calorie days should shift some fat whilst growing muscle.

I also do my HIIT (very much recommended) while fasted - as close to the maximum 16 hours as I can manage.

Once you have done any IF for a few months it really does kill hunger. I can go happily until 2-3 pm each day on only coffee and a couple of spoons of coconut oil.

The only thing I still have to fight is the urge to drink or eat after the evening meal.

Reading the sticky thread at the top of the forum is a great way to educate yourself (thanks Sunday).
Old 08-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
please keep us posted dee.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee1904
WOE: JUDD
Down 3 more pounds today. Monday will be one week on this.
Dee1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee1904 View Post
I have been struggling with JUDD all summer and just cannot go every other day with being so hungry. 2 days a week mentally just seem like something I can handle better. So I am modifying JUDD to fit me.

I am doing the following:

2 days of DD calories 300
2 days of UD calories 1500 - 1800
3 days of moderate calories 1200 - 1400

I do not know if it will work but so far I have lost 5 pounds. Of course you have to take into consideration that I have been pigging out all summer so any normal calorie levels for me will result in weight loss right now.

After a few weeks of this I will really be able to see if it works. Fingers Crossed.
I can't believe this won't result in some weight loss for you. It's a perfect example of the Zig Zag Diet, where you are eating at a mostly different calorie number each day over the course of a week. So some days are pretty low, some are nicely high, and several are somewhere in the middle, but rarely are there two days that are the exact same number.

And there is usually weight loss because, overall, the calorie number of the dieter still ends up averaging low enough for weight loss to occur. So although it's more the Zig Zag Diet plan than it is the JUDDD Diet plan, I don't see any reason it won't give you weight loss.

I do think it is a much better way of cutting calories down and losing weight than the old standard diet plan that called for holding calories down to say.. 1200 per day, and every day was much the same number as all the rest. After awhile on those plans, most of us found our metabolisms had adapted to that calorie intake and had slowed down to match it, resulting in a terrible slow-down and then unending stall in weight loss until we went even lower in calories. We basically seemed to train our bodies to make do on very few calories, to slow its metabolism in order to get by.. not exactly the result we were hoping for.

One of the things I do like about the JUDDD plan is the fact that there is a true health benefit to the fasting days and a different true health benefit to the feasting days, having nothing to do with weight loss, but as a complete side benefit to health. This is one of the things that sets JUDDD apart from other weight loss diet plans and from other intermittent fasting plans, and which I have come to value above even the weight management aspect of it. But that's probably a completely different subject for a different thread.

Good luck with your weight loss plan. I'll be wishing you great success and cheering you on! Woo Hoo!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aeroangie
Stats: 159/159/130 anything
WOE: Low Carb + JUDDD
Start Date: 8/24/2012
Great tweaking info!!! Thanks ladies!!!
Aeroangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/220.4.0/140
Start Date: JUDDD start 08/09/12 at 238
I'm now doing Monday as maintenance (about 1100 calories), then

Tue/Thu/Sat Up days
Wed/Fri/Sun Down days

So far it's working, and it suits my schedule to always have UDs on Thursday and Saturday. Love that part.
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Glad this is working for you Dee.

I often have to mess with my days because of the lovely social life I am lucky enough to live. But I try to do the regular rotations as often as I can for the many health benefits, as mentioned by Pat.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I swear I have already seen this information somewhere, but I can't remember which thread it was in and my searches aren't turning up anything.

Does anyone know whether--if you are inserting a MD into a week--it's better to have it followed by a DD or an UD? Or does it matter?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #16

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlamp10 View Post
I swear I have already seen this information somewhere, but I can't remember which thread it was in and my searches aren't turning up anything.

Does anyone know whether--if you are inserting a MD into a week--it's better to have it followed by a DD or an UD? Or does it matter?
As far as the end result for weight loss, it doesn't really matter. But for many of us, if we have to do a DD after having just done a MD, we don't have much nourishment and calories to tide is over through a successful DD. Many of us arrange to always have the MD after a DD, and then the UD following the MD, and then we're fully nourished again going into the next DD.

So:

UD - DD - MD - UD.......

But for others, it doesn't matter at all, and they don't have a problem doing it in any order.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
As far as the end result for weight loss, it doesn't really matter. But for many of us, if we have to do a DD after having just done a MD, we don't have much nourishment and calories to tide is over through a successful DD. Many of us arrange to always have the MD after a DD, and then the UD following the MD, and then we're fully nourished again going into the next DD.

So:

UD - DD - MD - UD.......

But for others, it doesn't matter at all, and they don't have a problem doing it in any order.
I have only done 3 MD since I started but I did them the way Pat suggested. It was suggested to think of it as small ---> medium ---> large (DD, MD, UD)
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Ok, that makes perfect sense. Thanks guys!