Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aeroangie
Stats: 159/159/130 anything
WOE: Low Carb + JUDDD
Start Date: 8/24/2012
Two DD's down so far!

Just wanted to say I am really surprised how easy the two DD days have been this week. I am also pleasantly surprised that I can actually enjoy Walden Farms Bacon Ranch dressing plus banana pepper rings and tomatos on a big salad for almost no calories. I never thought any of their dressings were tolerable but something about that combination isn't bad at all. I haven't really counted the calories on the UD's much but if I don't lose like I want to, I definitely will start tracking more closely. I have also added HIIT to my current exercise routine. For those of you that don't know about, on Amazon there is a very informative E-book called "Burst" that is new.
Aeroangie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Flavors really do make a difference, don't they? It sounds like you are adding enough strong (yet very low cal) flavors that the salad dressing becomes a pleasant additional taste (and not the main flavoring as happens so frequently with salads). Good plan!!

Hmm, I may start experimenting again.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
yeah, those dd can be tough. Way to go!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Can't wait to read all about your success!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Nice going! And you're making me want to go eat a big ol' salad today -- lol. Seriously, though -- good job on those first two DD's and it gets even easier!
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
way to go

I am on my 3rd DD today... and while the first was downright scary (anticipation far worse than reality)... I am feeling calm... very awake and aware of how to "spend" my precious calories, but fine. the every other day UD makes a lot of difference psychologically... if I had to eat this little every day, I don't think I would last too long before there was a jailbreak... but so far (day 6), I find this one day at a time approach, and saving yearnings and leeway for UD quite refreshing. and the scale is rewarding, often the case as bloat and water falls away on week one of any diet, but still

hope you are having a great week!
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone. Being hypothyroid, I already know I may not see a huge scale reward. I had that disappointment with Hcg (using real compounded prescription Hcg.) I also have been eating strict low carb for the two weeks prior to starting JUDDD with hardly any scale fluctuation there. I had to tell myself that weight loss will be a bonus but I want to be healthier with the extra pounds even if most won't come off. It is hard to get me optimized on my thyroid meds. unfortunately but isntead of allowing that to take over my life (like it has a tendency to!) I decided this week to regain my health as my first priotity. I have a high inflammation count (CRP) by my blood tests so I am hoping to see that change with JUDDD. Then, maybe the weight will decide to come back off. Thanks for the support. I just saw the "slow movers thread" so will be reading over there some today.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
There are several of us here who have thyroid issues. I'm ecstatic to say that JUDDD seems, for the most part, not to care what your crazy thyroid is doing. I started JUDDD 12/12/11 at 267.8 and wasn't diagnosed hypo until March 10 at 234.2 (-33.6 pounds in 3 months without medication). I'm now medicated, and still trying to optimize my medications, but am currently 193.4! I wish you the same success!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

That's really encouraging! I was doing really well in 2009 on my own plan mixing Paleo w/ Atkins/S.B (only eating twice daily and only after a fast of 18 hours.) Then came inflammation (CRP was 18 and anything over 1 is very bad!) Once they started me on prednisone I really just sort of gave up cause I felt like total crap. My weight then was always under 140 and within months, I had ballooned to 155. Seems the thyroid also coincided with various vitamin deficiencies that took a while to correct also and then menopause hit around that same time. I struggle to stay under 160 now.

Talk about a hormone S--T storm!!! I am really excited that this plan is going to do "something" in addition to strict low carb. If it helps the inflammation (which I believe could be the root cause) I may then be able to return to my normal weight now that I don't have to be on any prednisone.

For some reason, I thought the weigh gained from prednisone came off on it's own when the medication was stopped. Apparently NOT! I still do have to use it in my eyes and on my skin when I get atopic dermatitis so I suppose I am still getting the steroid but certainly not in the same dosage.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I hear you.

If I had to eat Walden Farms dressings every day, I would go mad. Or kill someone. Or both. However, eating them every other day seems perfectly acceptable to me! Hahaha.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Mixing a lil' fat free sour cream in their ranch makes it a lot more tolerable!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Nice work on finding something good to get you through those DDs! I haven't tried the Walden Farms products yet.....I sure love salads, but I'm so reluctant to give up my Kraft dressings, even though I know it's a waste of calories on my DDs. One of these days I'll step up to the [salad] plate.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I am definitely a good "mixologist!" He he! That has gotten me into a lot of trouble with calories even though I use sugar free mixers. I entertain for a living so have to make everything "fun" .....what's fun about someone that cannot partake with you?

Answer: nothing! I tried like hell to do a "mid day today" but we took on guests on the boat and are taking them to Cape Lookout tomorrow. Maybe I will experiement with two "down days" in a row after this trip!