Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 02:57 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/156/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I feel i have nothing to offer the newbies at this time due to i am so negative right now
Just to let you know as a newbie, that your amazing progress in the last six months inspired me to take the leap of faith in the JUDDD journey and to begin trusting in the process!

Would you please post your before and after photos for us all to see your terrific results JUDDDing?

Positively focus on Progress, not Perfection.

Peace be with you!

Last edited by SlimNana; 08-30-2012 at 03:29 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 03:45 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
So sorry to hear you will not be gracing the forum for a while. I shall miss you.

I got the saggy tummy last time I lost this three stone but I do think it goes in time. Body brushing seemed to make a difference this time round. So don't give up on it.

As for depression; I know it's hard to pull out of that state of mind. I tell my own depressive to do the practical things. Fish oils, vitamin D, no alcohol, sleep if you can, get outside in the sun every day, work up a sweat.

I look forward to seeing you back soon.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Dear Kimberly,

I will truely miss you! you were always so kind and helpful in your posts. I also will miss seeing your beautiful smiling face avatar. I wish you the best and I hope you find inner peace. Please came back to us when you are better! I read posts every day on juddd and it really helps me stay on track. Thank you for replying to my posts and questions when I was a newbie!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Kimberly, you helped me at a very dark time. It breaks my heart that you feel you have to go.

Before you go, however, let me tell you this. I visit these forums every day because it keeps me on track with getting healthier. If I don't think about it, I stop doing it. Trust me, I am a very happy fat person. I have been fat all my life, so if it weren't for the fact that it's going to kill me, I could probably suck up all the other ways in which obesity steals from my life. Because I'm used to it. It is very easy for me to walk away from calorie counters, from scales, from boards like these. That's why I tell myself to stay especially when I'm feeling low.

Selfishly, I want you to stay. But you have given so much, I wouldn't take anything else from you. So before you go, I want to tell you a few things.

First, you are gorgeous. I look at your smiling face in the photos and I think about how much I want to be you. That you could be so hard on yourself about your body makes me so sad. I know you are harder on yourself than anyone else could ever be.

Secondly, you're not just beautiful on the outside, you're beautiful on the inside. And I think about all the people in your life who are so blessed to have you in it. What a kind thing you're doing for them by making yourself healthier. A new body is a great thing, but those wrinkles don't matter in the big scheme of things. We're all going to get wrinkly. It sure beats the alternative.

Thirdly, I hate the way society makes us think that if only we lose weight everything would be perfect. Fat is the culprit for everything. For heart disease. For troubled marriages. For depression. For a stubbed toe. For a hang nail. If only I were skinnier, we are taught to think, everything will be better. What a horrible thing to teach people! And it sounds like you're suffering because of it. You were a wonderful person before you ever found JUDDD and you're going to still be you after JUDDD. I cheer for you every pound you lose, but I hope you can find a way to find happiness at any size.

I am sending you all my love.

What Steph said, a hundredfold!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I agree! Love what stephray said and it is true as true can be!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Hang in there lady! Wish I could prescribe my "magic cure", but I'm not a doc. I'm just a fluffy chix who had breast cancer and weighed 94lbs more than I do today...I was so depressed and sad.

My head told my good sense so many lies...

Wish we could help. I will tell you that your presence here is a blessing to us all. You give more than you've ever taken. And isolation only begets darkness. Exposing things to the light makes light grow.

Saying prayers for you! MUAH!

I can't select all of the posts here that I agree with. It would simply take too long.

Kimberly-Ann, you are a wonderful woman. Did you realise how much you have helped us all and how much you are valued?

Loving you and missing you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
What Steph said, ITA, too!

I have to say, reading these posts has made me very emotional today. So many of them ring a bell for me.

I've got the thing with body image going on, also. I've gotten to my goal weight, but it sure doesn't look like it used to on me! Part of that is my own fault, though...I need to work at toning more than I do.

You ARE a beautiful person inside and out, Kimberly!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Kimberly, you helped me at a very dark time. It breaks my heart that you feel you have to go.

Before you go, however, let me tell you this. I visit these forums every day because it keeps me on track with getting healthier. If I don't think about it, I stop doing it. Trust me, I am a very happy fat person. I have been fat all my life, so if it weren't for the fact that it's going to kill me, I could probably suck up all the other ways in which obesity steals from my life. Because I'm used to it. It is very easy for me to walk away from calorie counters, from scales, from boards like these. That's why I tell myself to stay especially when I'm feeling low.

Selfishly, I want you to stay. But you have given so much, I wouldn't take anything else from you. So before you go, I want to tell you a few things.

First, you are gorgeous. I look at your smiling face in the photos and I think about how much I want to be you. That you could be so hard on yourself about your body makes me so sad. I know you are harder on yourself than anyone else could ever be.

Secondly, you're not just beautiful on the outside, you're beautiful on the inside. And I think about all the people in your life who are so blessed to have you in it. What a kind thing you're doing for them by making yourself healthier. A new body is a great thing, but those wrinkles don't matter in the big scheme of things. We're all going to get wrinkly. It sure beats the alternative.

Thirdly, I hate the way society makes us think that if only we lose weight everything would be perfect. Fat is the culprit for everything. For heart disease. For troubled marriages. For depression. For a stubbed toe. For a hang nail. If only I were skinnier, we are taught to think, everything will be better. What a horrible thing to teach people! And it sounds like you're suffering because of it. You were a wonderful person before you ever found JUDDD and you're going to still be you after JUDDD. I cheer for you every pound you lose, but I hope you can find a way to find happiness at any size.

I am sending you all my love.
Thanks also to Steph for saying it so well.

Kimberly - you have been a great help to me during the journey of the last few months! I am a bit shy about posting but reading the posts of those that take the time to write has helped me very much! I hope you feel better and look forward to seeing you back!

Steph - Your description of being a very happy fat person (except for the fact it will kill you) sums up exactly where I have spent the last 20 years! My starting weight is close to yours. I have failed many many times over the years (despite finding LC many years ago). Somehow I never wanted it enough. Reading every day and posting my weight keeps me on track too. If I can do it (so far) anyone can.

Thanks!
Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Kimberly, oh no! I'm late! Are you back yet?

So much love here for you.
You back up as far as you need to. But I'm not backing away from you. Just saying.
You are a gem, sister.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Kimberly, I am so sorry to hear that you think you must leave us for a while! I am not much ahead of you in time on JUDDD, but you far surpassed me with working the program, and doing it right, and it was such an inspiration to me to read your posts, and see your stats going down, down, down. Take care of yourself during your time away, and hurry back as quickly as possible! We will miss you terribly!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Sweet and generous Kimberly, what everyone else has said, squared, about how your loving heart will be missed for the duration. Plus this:

We are not our bulges, wrinkles, rogue wiry hairs and saggy skin. Any more than describing a house captures the life of those who inhabit it. We are the happy, sad, scared, brave, depressed, euphoric tenants of our flesh-and-blood homes for this lifetime. Love your home...because it's where you live. Not because it's a picture-perfect showplace without a weed or a scuff to ever show anybody actually really lives there. You are more, we ALL are so much more, than what can be seen, measured, compared or weighed. You know that for others...you just have to bring yourself under that same wise, loving umbrella, and not leave yourself hanging out in the cold, wet cruelty of a double standard.
--patty
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aeroangie
Stats: 159/159/130 anything
WOE: Low Carb + JUDDD
Start Date: 8/24/2012
I am putting that on my Facebook Patty!!!! We also have to remember we are living here only temporarily! Don't be so interested in having a perfect corpse. Let it be banged up, used up, broken....but have the PLEASURE of living in your body first! May God be with all of us as we struggle with our demons that want to lure you away from what life is meant to offer.....have fun dangit!!!!
Aeroangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #43

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm adding my fond farewell to you here with the others, confident that it won't take you long to find your happy center again and return to visit here with everyone. This forum is such an addictive delight, and you are definitely one of the friendly posters who keep it sparkling, so you'll certainly be missed while you're absent.

But I know how focused a person can become on JUDDD and this forum sometimes, almost to the exclusion of the rest of their outside life, so that's a pretty good sign it's time to take a little break from it. (Ask me how I know.. LOL) And if you are experiencing a period of depression that isn't lifting very well right now, that needs attending to most certainly. I'm sorry. Hope you are feeling better very shortly.

Don't worry much about the looser and wrinkly skin you have right now after your very nice weight loss, as that should tighten up and sleek down again pretty well for you. You are still at the age where you can expect your skin to still recover. Good for you to lose the weight now though, while you are still young and have that extra elasticity in your skin, because when you become my age...

Consider this place your home. The JUDDD forum is my home base, and I can come here to find my focus, share with others, fill up on kindly support from others, and spend some time. But when my real life needs and activities call me away, I now give them the attention that they deserve, and I find that this new balance is working out a lot better for me.

Feel better soon. You'll be missed while you're taking this break.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/159/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
to you, sweet Kimberly.
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Curvesgal
Stats: 197/126.6/125
WOE: JUDDDING
You will be missed but I understand the time needed to heal. You stated you will continue with JUDDD and I hope you also set time aside for callanetics because that will help tighten the skin. Be grateful for what you have and keep smiling
Curvesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #46

xxxx
Old 09-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
We need to keep in mind that progress does not move in a straight line between Point A, where you started, and Point B, where you want to go; as you get leaner, it gets harder to get leaner. It is always non-linear.

But still, you just have to put your head down and grind it out. Focus on process goals, behaviours that support what you're trying to do, and the results will take care of themselves over time. Fat loss is not a magically linear process. Ever. There are peaks and valleys to progress and that's perfectly normal. There are going to be weeks where things just don't seem to be happening for you. That's ok. Because there's also going to be weeks where things seem to be progressing very well. It is all part of the bigger picture of PROGRESS. Real, lasting progress happens over time and is cumulative. Allow it to happen.

It's normal. Expect it. Accept it. You'll save yourself a lot of mental and emotional anguish along the way.~ Erik (Lean Bodies Consulting)

I just had to pop in here today! So thirlled to see all the wonderfull posts from my JUDDD BUDDS who have released me to take care of me~

I am better .. and with the help of St.John Wort feeling more like my ole self.
Things like the above statement have helped me to put my "goals" in to perspective.. Its a process and i am learning to enjoy each chapter in my journey I miss you all.. And am working on probally the hardest part of my journey which is self acceptance.. But i will prevail~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #48

Wonderful to hear from you.

It sounds like you are working hard on yourself, walking across the coals, and beginning to approach the other side again. I have family who make this journey sometimes, and they always say they emerge stronger and more in touch with their inner core 'self' when it happens.

We all do experience our own journeys, whatever they encompass. Prayers for you that your searching and hard work now is exceedingly beneficial to you and that you come back to JUDDD ready for the next part of your life experience. Eager for you to rejoin us when you feel the timing is right again.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
You are beautiful Kimberly!

Thanks for the motivational talk!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
OMGosh, I am so HAPPY to see your post!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #51

Thank you Kimberley for dropping by to update us with your progress towards self acceptance.

I love the new photos and what a brilliant quote too.

Miss you and love you.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

I so Missed everyone.. I really tryed hard to NOT think about things.. and well.. Everytime i turned around.. Some was telling me how great i looked,, and all i could talk about was..(drumm roll) MY JUDDD BUDDS~ I am telling my friends about this awsome group of friends i have here who have helped me with my journey.. So iahd to come back and hug you all~
Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #53

Quote:
I so Missed everyone.. I really tryed hard to NOT think about things.. and well.. Everytime i turned around.. Some was telling me how great i looked,, and all i could talk about was..(drumm roll) MY JUDDD BUDDS~ I am telling my friends about this awsome group of friends i have here who have helped me with my journey.. So iahd to come back and hug you all~
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #54

What are we like? True friends that is what.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
So glad you're doing a bit better. Sending lots of and !!

You're GORGEOUS!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Yay! I've been thinking about you often. Just this morning, in fact, so it was a delight to see you check back into this thread. Sending you all my love!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #58

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Kimberly, I saw this post and had to chime in here...

I think it's absolutely normal to want to step away from the constant drumbeat of weight loss, especially once you find a groove that works for you. I've felt this way myself. It can be exhausting.

Girl, I know what you mean about the drooping skin, I was 150 pounds overweight for like 20 years so the skin is quite stretched out and wrinkly. But I figure that I have two options at this point. I can live with the wrinkly skin or I can regain the weight. No freakin' way am I going to regain the weight, just to plump up the raisin-like thighs, so I guess I just have to live with it. It is what it is.

I'm glad things are looking brighter. You deserve nothing but sunshiney days and smiling faces.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

To all my friends, love ya
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I wish you all the best and hope you stop in from time to time. Get better - feel better!

ETA: Just wanted to say to remember that it's not just about vanity, it's about health too. I know how easy it is to get wrapped up in the flaws, but you are beautiful and getting HEALTHIER every day. Remember that! Also, exercise can help depression as well as tighten problem areas. I hope you find something that is right for you!

Last edited by DD80; 09-05-2012 at 10:52 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote