Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetthang07
WOE: LC, Zumba 3x per week, Callanetics 3x per week
Start Date: 1/7/13
One Month...

And no weight loss on the scale. I have seen small changes in measurements and clothing. Is it possible to go a month of steady inch loss but no scale change? Anyone else have experience with that? I am having one of those doubt days and could use some inspiration...
sweetthang07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Hi Sweetthang! Is this your first month? I've heard of people on JUDDD not losing for the first month, and then it starts coming off. But more importantly, size and inches? A way more reliable measure off fat loss than that thing we step on that doesn't know water from fat I would be going crazy in your shoes, but I say the clothes tell the real story.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Sweetthang, I lost and gained four pounds over my first month, ending up where I started. Despite this, my clothes became looser and looser over that month. Then, during my second month, the numbers started dropping. I lost close to ten pounds during the second month, which was huge for me.
Why did it happen that way? No idea.
I always wish we could toss the scales and just carry on JUDDDing until our bodies are ready to lose. IF has so many benefits. Weight loss is one, but man, it's the one we want to see first, isn't it?
Take heart. These are early days in the big picture.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hi sweetthang! I am a slow loser as you can probably tell by my posts.
I was having a rough time at the scale not budging and moved my timing around.

I use the same method as was quoted in the BBC video of fasting for 16-17 hours every day before eating, even on UD. I don't know if this is the key, but it helped me. I think you should be seeing something by now, but if you are true to your numbers and nothing is moving on the scale, then you may want to see if this does the trick!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
yes, I lost a bunch of inches while not losing any pounds. It was kind of odd, but I was grateful for the size loss and reshaping.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thank you all for the replies!!! I needed to hear that to help me out. I have been getting mind games like "maybe I measured wrong" or "maybe these clothes just stretched out" anf not seeing the scale move was making it worse! I have always had weight problems...up for several years down for a year or two but I always end up back on the heavy end wishing I was my lower weight and wondering why I didn't appreciate my body back then. I have come to the realization that i will probably never be truly happy no matter how much I lose but I can't let that stop me.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Hi sweetthang! I am a slow loser as you can probably tell by my posts.
I was having a rough time at the scale not budging and moved my timing around.

I use the same method as was quoted in the BBC video of fasting for 16-17 hours every day before eating, even on UD. I don't know if this is the key, but it helped me. I think you should be seeing something by now, but if you are true to your numbers and nothing is moving on the scale, then you may want to see if this does the trick!
Sunday, I don't recall that part of the vid...can you tell me more? Do you start the clock at for example, midnight and not eat until 16-17 hours later? Or do you just make sure to fast for at least 16-17 hours between UD and DD?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
((Hug))
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
I have been at the same weight for months now bouncing up and down in about the same range and am still losing inches. I keep thinking it will stop but yesterday my waist went down another half inch and my hips another inch. It has to stop soon? Very strange but I am happy about it, but it has to stop now I would think. I know what you mean about never being happy at any weight. Always being critical of myself and somehow now I just don't feel that way anymore. I think I grew out of it at about 45 and am 46 now. Don't miss those feelings especially with age related changes headed my way.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wonderful Barb! I find the inches falling off at the waist as well! I can't seem to figure out how this happens without weight losses, but it is helping to see something!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
It's sooooooo important to take measurements initially and on a regular basis. I can get very depressed with the scale reporting results, but that tape measure almost always assures me JUDDD is working.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Remember, the pants don't lie!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthang07 View Post
Sunday, I don't recall that part of the vid...can you tell me more? Do you start the clock at for example, midnight and not eat until 16-17 hours later? Or do you just make sure to fast for at least 16-17 hours between UD and DD?
It doesn't matter what time it is, but as soon as you eat your last meal on UD, wait a full 16 to 17 hours to eat again. So it is to your benefit, to finish dinner as soon as possible on UD. At first, I had a rough time at this because I love breakfast. I never snacked previously unless I didn't have time to eat and giving up snacking was not difficult but omitting breakfast really was painful. This is the first time I have had losses regularly and it happened when I stopped eating and gave my body a full 17 hour break.

I have lost 2.5 lbs this week and it is only after 2 dd. I notice that the longer I try this method, I no longer have any time for superfluous calories or eating without hunger. I mean with only 7 hours, you better plan carefully.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Not to threadjack, but Sunday-- do you have a thread on this separately somewhere? I'd be interested in following your progress on this method. Just a thought
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soren
I don't have a thread, because I just started this after watching the video by Dr. Michael Moseley on "Eat, Fast, & Live Longer". This is my first week.

I had skipped breakfast on DD many times, but not on both days. It wasn't until I realized that maybe my stalls were from eating too soon after my last meal, regardless of whether I was keeping the calorie allotment that I realized there may be something to this? I had read someone else who said they had to do the same thing, maybe it is Nancy or Carly? All I know is my losses were so slow, maybe a lb per week and I was getting a bit frustrated. It is basically the same as Fast5 only I am doing a 7 hour window and JUDDD at the same time. I am thinking about doing a 2 hour window on DD and will let you know how that goes soon.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can start a thread on this and we can find out if other folks are doing this and if they are, if it is working for them? I know we have some who do not eat anything on DD. I can't do that! I have a few times and I start to act strange. Especially when I have to do something detailed.

It is certainly worth a try and if nothing else, you can go right back to having breakfast if it is a bust.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soren,

Have you seen this thread? We talk about this some on the
Benefits of Alternate Day Fasting/CRON