Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Good News/Bad News...

Well my dear JUDDDies, my test results are in, and the good news is, normal thyroid (if you can believe TSH, free T3 and T4), normal A1C, Vitamin D, and negative gluten antibodies tests. All good news...except I'm still stalled. And now without a clear reason for it or direction to try now. No losses since the first week, and I'm at 6 weeks Juddding now. So my thought is to reduce down days to under 300 (been doing 500) for a week and see. If still stuck, will try dropping UD from 1800 to 1700 to see if that does it. Then continuing alternating tweaks until something, please GOD, eventually gives...
yours in stuckety stuck stuckland,
--patty
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
First off, I'm thrilled your in good health. Try the lower DDs. For me that is the key. I aim for under 200, but will go up to 350 if need be. Good low DDs are way more important than anything else I have found for my weight loss. Although getting a good night's sleep doesn't hurt.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
I am thrilled for your good heath news, too, patty.

I was just saying in another thread today that upping fresh veggies has been my big help in breaking stalls. Also, I would listen to Carly since she has been having great losses lately. And watch the sodium, which can ruin a perfectly good rotation for me. Perfect your water intake.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I agree with the others. One of the great things about JUDDD is that it can be tweaked to work for individual metabolisms. I say try going lower on DDs for a while and see what happens. If that doesn't work, try increasing UDs. Weird as it sounds, some people just need a bigger swing between UDs and DDs. Lots of different things you can try. The victory comes in not giving up until you find what works for your particular situation.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Hey Divine! So, we have you peri-menopausal, dealing with some level of inflammation related to physical problems that result in a constant level of pain, lost a ton of weight over several years then stalled (but not regaining hoo-ha!) for a couple of years, able to do a consistent healthy level of exercise, and now assured several potential medical problems are not part of the equation.

Let me start by saying you are a weight-loss hero! The crowd is cheering wildly. Of course, being stalled - relatively - so very close to goal is infinitely frustrating. I am so sorry!

I totally agree with dropping DD calories. And tuning UD/DD calories slowly but steadily...down and up. JUDDD is, and should be, a journey of exploration. With everything going on in your bod, you may have a metabolism that loses faster if you eat at one of the higher DD percentages. So, try low definitely. If that does not start weight or measurement loss in a week or two, I encourage you to take a deep breath then shake it up and try higher.

The other thing that leaps into my warped little brain is, did your doctor test for inflammation markers? With the plantar fasciitis, we know you are going to have inflammation. But, I am thinking of Tina and obscure food allergies. I encourage you to watch how you feel and physically react after eating various foods. Look for patterns. Maybe even get tested.

Divine. I am really glad the medical tests leave you free to begin trying new percentages. I believe those last pounds are going to go!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 08-29-2012 at 12:20 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Nancy and others have given excellent advice!

If you have time to read my post on Benefits of Fasting, I have found a new stallbreaker for me, "timing". Now, I don't know if this is just something that works because I have never tried it before??? BUT... it is moving me from a rather dry spell. I eat my last meal at 5-6 and then don't eat again until 16-17 hours later. On DD, I am only eating one meal from 12-2 and then eat my first UD meal after 7:00 am. This allows me breakfast on UD, no breakfast or lunch until 12:00 on DD. I am only suggesting this as maybe a looksee???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 08-29-2012 at 06:50 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
all excellent counsel ^^^
try a full fast day once a week
try a 40% down day
adjust the foods you are eating
adjust the times you eat
go to bed earlier
try a different activity
try a different supplement
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
Well my dear JUDDDies, my test results are in, and the good news is, normal thyroid (if you can believe TSH, free T3 and T4), normal A1C, Vitamin D, and negative gluten antibodies tests. All good news...except I'm still stalled. And now without a clear reason for it or direction to try now. No losses since the first week, and I'm at 6 weeks Juddding now. So my thought is to reduce down days to under 300 (been doing 500) for a week and see. If still stuck, will try dropping UD from 1800 to 1700 to see if that does it. Then continuing alternating tweaks until something, please GOD, eventually gives...
yours in stuckety stuck stuckland,
--patty
Well, that IS a lot of good news! And, much of the mystery has been cleared. Just to be really, really sure though please check your lab result thyroid numbers personally. Several years ago the board (endocrinology) responsible for deciding what the "normal" range is, changed those numbers and it has taken awhile for many labs to readjust their ranges into the "new normal". Probably your lab has done so, however in your search to find the answers, I would leave no stone unturned and just be positive.

The next thing is, and it's probably been discussed at length, so please forgive my repetition here, perhaps it will benefit someone. The next thing is: Are you absolutely certain with your calorie counts? For me that means weighing the food, writing it down so that nothing is forgotten, and doing my darned best to accurately guesstimate any time something is eaten without calorie counts available. My very dear friend is also JUDDDing and she and I have the same UD/DD schedule. She estimates everything and feels that is fine. For instance, the other day we were at a quilt show and had blueberry muffins at the start. We didn't have the calorie count available, so we guessed. I said "600" she guessed "200". When I got home I looked up Costco Blueberry Muffins (they were from Costco) and found a range of 600-612. She didn't bother to look it up and just mentally added the 200 to her count. Her weight loss has been very, very slow. She also seems to forget things through the day, I try to log onto ****** with each thing eaten and get it logged. That for me is the hardest part. It becomes so boring to do it, however everytime I start to slack in the record keeping, somebody must mention it to the scale.

If all those things are off the table, then probably time to tweak. I agree with Dawn, you might be shocked to find that your body won't give up weight because it "thinks" it's in deprivation mode. You might have to add calories to your UD. The swing from low to high may need to be greater. Whatever your decision with any tweaks, do allow each time to produce results.

One thing is certain, that success can only be found if you keep searching for the answer. There is magic in here somewhere for you.

I send you Lots of Wishes for Magic Whooshes!!