Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Opinions of experienced JUDDDERS please?

Hi, this is only my second day and have found the forum extremely helpful and inspiring, thank you. I have a burning question (for me) for those that have been successful or that are currently losing on JUDDD.

If you consider the 500 dd calories and 2000 up day alternating the days this gives an average of 1250 calories a day over the week. I know about the reputed health benefits of fasting but putting that aside do you find you have lost more than if you stuck with 1250 calories a day?
WJS is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
For me, yes. And more importantly it stays off. The UD-DD rotations have a way of healing metabolisms, speeding them up for most people. This means that if you take a week off for a vacation you either will not gain as much as you would have "falling off the wagon" from a daily low calorie plan, OR if you do gain, when you get home and back into rotations, it will come off quickly.

JUDD is easy to get back into after a vacation. Take it from me. I travel a lot.

The other thing to consider is that staying on a daily low calorie plan of "balanced" eating is harder to stick to long term because there are so many restrictions.

If you haven't watched the Horizon video yet, you should take time to do it now. You may begin to look at IF in a whole new light after you see it. In the film, Mosley settles on a Five/Two form of IF. He fasts for two days per week (any two days he chooses) and eats what he wants the rest of the time.

In only five weeks of doing that he lost 10 pounds and 10% of his body fat. And he was not very much overweight! Incredible results. Get ready to be motivated.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi, WJS. To find the Horizon program, on You Tube seach for " Horizon Eat, Fast and Live Longer " and you'll have a choice between watching the entire program or watching it in quarter parts.

You may have already watched, just wanted to second the motion and make sure you hadn't missed how to "get there".

I am aware that I could eat 1200 cals and approximate the numbers of my alternating days of 600 and 18-1900. But that is not in the realm of "easy" for me, nor is it "fun" ever. Alternating is definitely easier for me and gets to be downright fun sometimes. I don't dare include ice cream, for instance, at 1200 daily cals, but on my UDs I very well may, without worry.

So, just by virtue of being a continuing diet I'll stick with and not cheat on, this way is much more likely to get and keep me slim. If, indeed my metabolism is not being slowed (as I believe it would be on constant 1200), then I'm going to have a chance to lose just that much faster. Of course, I guess I can't prove my metabolism is better off, but I believe there is research that suggests it.

Best wishes to you.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS View Post
If you consider the 500 dd calories and 2000 up day alternating the days this gives an average of 1250 calories a day over the week. I know about the reputed health benefits of fasting but putting that aside do you find you have lost more than if you stuck with 1250 calories a day?
Oh heck yes. Before I found JUDDD, I stalled for two months eating about 1250 cal/day.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Hi Yam-Yam, thank you for the reply.

I did watch the Horizon program on Youtube and in fact that is the reason I found Juddd. I have been on Dukan for well over a year and it got my attention in regards to the comment on protein. Whether it is factual or not I am still not sure but it was definitely interesting and made me feel unhappy about eating so much protein.

In regards to him losing weight, men are so darn lucky to begin with, he most probably would have lost weight in the five weeks by only eating 500 calories two days each week anyway. I can only imagine how much my husband would lose if he did that twice a week. I would be lucky to see the scales move at all!

I am still unsure in regards to faster weight loss. Would love to hear if someone has actually experience the difference.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
For me, the main problem with a consistent every day low calorie level is that I could not maintain it. Inevitably there would be a party or an event or some social situation that would throw me off and I felt hungry and deprived all the time.

Now I feel hungry and deprived only half the time, and while some social events have happened during DDs, I am able to schedule most of them on up days. This flexibility, combined with the security of knowing that whatever it is that I'm burning up to eat can be had the next day, has given me superior control.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Hi Whitlin and Gotsomeold, I have only just seen your replies. Thank you so much, that is very encouraging.

I am indeed enjoying my up day today and was just having my doubts. I will definitely carry on and see what happens. By the sound of it, it really suits you just hope it works for me. I am probably a record holder for slow losers so if it does work for me it will work for anyone! Fingers crossed.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I have for years done the whole calorie restriction thing and for the most part my body did not respond. When i found JUDDD it just kind of fit for me.. I had been IF'ing for most of my dieting life based on.. if i felt i needed to rerstrict calories the day after what i called a cheat! The wonderful part of JUDDD.. With the every other day part(not just to include the health bennifits) is,, there is no punishing my self.. there are no Cheats so to speak of..And for the first time in my life i enjoy eating and losing weight almost with out effort... I say almost due to.. i get very impatient when the scale dont reward me when i think it should BEst of luck dear, and
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS View Post

Yes and it so much more fun being able to eat what I want on those UD's.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I have lost faster and more consistently with JUDDD than with anything else I've tried. I've done Atkins, Nutrisystem, general calorie restriction, on and on. So in answer to your original question: YES! JUDDD can work better and faster than other plans. However; I'm very strict with my rotations and try not to tweak very often. I've been JUDDDing for just over 8 months and have lost 73 pounds in that time. Some wouldn't consider that fast, and others would consider it light-speed. YMMV. The most amazing thing to me is that I've complied as long as I have. Every other plan I tried fell by the wayside within 3 months. JUDDD allows for so much more freedom and forgiveness, that it's easy to be compliant. 1 day of restriction, and 1 day of glorious foods. What's not to love?

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Eating UNDER 1200 calories a day had me losing NOTHING for three months (after losing the first 10 pounds). After 10 days of Dukan (it got too hard after that) and just over a month of JUDDD (not nearly as hard), the scale is finally moving again, and at a nice pace.

(Although I rarely come anywhere close to 2000 on my UD's - I just find that's too much food for me, with some days that are exceptions. My calculator says 1750 should be max for UD's, and often I don't make that number either. But that's just me.)

Last edited by buttah; 08-28-2012 at 10:49 AM..
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I find this story really inspiring...
basically, a person who was stalled and unhealthy on 1000 cals/day switched to approx 1600UD/400DD (still 1000/day avg) and experienced amazing weight loss AND health improvements!!!

IT’S ALL TRUE!!!! (Long)
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
PJ, I was thinking about that thread! Thanks for posting it here.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
I tracked my food very carefully for 3 months before I found JUDDD. It took three months to lose 14.8 pounds eating Low Cal/Lowish Carb. When I found this forum, and started JUDDDing, I lost 15 pounds the first month. My calorie count remained the same when averaged over 2 days. It's magic!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
God, I LOVE that story!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Fantastic! Thank you Ladies!! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

As I mentioned this is only my second day and was really starting to question the logic of the diet. I must admit after eating as much as I wanted on Dukan of the allowed foods as I wanted, I found yesterday my first dd very hard.

I will definitely continue and just hope it works for me as well as it does for most of you here.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yes, for me the rotations make a huge difference. I can really enjoy my UD and the switching keeps my metabolism guessing. I get great energy and appetite supression on DDs, so I enjoy them as much as UDs.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #18
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
I've only been doing this for two weeks, and have already lost 4 pounds. There is no way I could do that without suffering (and hating myself for slip ups). On this if there is something in the kitchen I want, I just think that I'll have it tomorrow. It's so easy to wait just the one day and so nice to know that I can have anything without guilt.

And just a quick note that in the Horizon video, when he is looking at his weight on the scale Michael says he's lost more than a stone, which is 14 pounds. And I LOVE that huge ham and egg breakfast he whips up for his down day.
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote