Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yellobrix
Stats: 199/175/150
WOE: Tweaking & Discovering
Start Date: Over & Over... 'Til I Get It Right!
Dropping JUDDD (binge eating trigger)

*sigh* I really wanted it to work for me, because conceptually I very much liked the idea. However, for me, UD's were a monster trigger for binge eating. One items only opened the gates for my worst kitchen behaviors. So I'm back to a highly structured routine of doing the same thing each and every day. Predictability is my friend - I'm down to 164 - fewer than 15 to goal...

I know many of you have had excellent results - I'm quite envious! Not as discouragement for anyone, but more for the record, I wanted to post this here to say that if binge eating is an issue, JUDDD might be additionally tricky, because you face all those choices again on every UD. It's beyond a matter of simple willpower for me.
Yellobrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i wish you the best on your continued journey, no matter the WOE.
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4

Thank you for sharing...all info helps!

I'm glad you *do* know of something that works for you,
and are able to get back to it. Good luck!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am so sorry JUDDD did not work out for you.

The DD/UD structure helps some binge eaters, but is too much for others. I am glad you were able to recognize and take of your needs! Congrats on being so close to goal...have a safe journey 'home'.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
just chiming in as someone with BED. I "do" juddd, but not as written. my weight loss is slow, and I have to keep reinventing the wheel, but I have found some things that really help me not to binge.

The first is a "No S" style of eating, however without the option for sugary treats (except birthdays, etc). I eat at 10, 2pm and 6 (which gives me the intermittent fasting piece). My daily alternation of calories is nowhere near as low as JUDDD proper, however I eat less one day and more the next (<1000 vs 1500 or so).

I eat a pretty paleo diet. Mostly veggies, fruit, grassfed/fish, nuts etc. On my lower day I keep it to lowcarb veggies and lean protein. On my higher day I eat some cultured dairy and fruit. I still get the benefits of eating things so I don't feel deprived every other day.

I think the deprivation of DD's is a real trigger if you have BED. I think JUDDD is the bomb! I think tweaking DD's so as not to feel at all deprived or hungry is an art!

just some "food for thought" LOL!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Thanks for sharing yellowbrix, its good to know that if we ever decide to not follow juddd and lets say do 1300 cals a day we can still lose weight. I always wondered what would happen if I go back to 1300 cal a day type of diet and if I woold have any success.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
just chiming in as someone with BED. I "do" juddd, but not as written. my weight loss is slow, and I have to keep reinventing the wheel, but I have found some things that really help me not to binge.

The first is a "No S" style of eating, however without the option for sugary treats (except birthdays, etc). I eat at 10, 2pm and 6 (which gives me the intermittent fasting piece). My daily alternation of calories is nowhere near as low as JUDDD proper, however I eat less one day and more the next (<1000 vs 1500 or so).

I eat a pretty paleo diet. Mostly veggies, fruit, grassfed/fish, nuts etc. On my lower day I keep it to lowcarb veggies and lean protein. On my higher day I eat some cultured dairy and fruit. I still get the benefits of eating things so I don't feel deprived every other day.

I think the deprivation of DD's is a real trigger if you have BED. I think JUDDD is the bomb! I think tweaking DD's so as not to feel at all deprived or hungry is an art!

just some "food for thought" LOL!
I agree with this!!! It is so important to find the triggers and for many the trigger is the restriction, Very Low Calories. I went through a few binge days in the beginning, but the long term of JUDDD has helped me so much in correcting any eating issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Thanks for sharing yellowbrix, its good to know that if we ever decide to not follow juddd and lets say do 1300 cals a day we can still lose weight. I always wondered what would happen if I go back to 1300 cal a day type of diet and if I woold have any success.
Before I began JUDDD, I debated on doing strict calorie restriction at 1,000 cal for a small time frame such as 30 days and then on to regular JUDDD. I am glad that I ventured right into JUDDD since it is healing my metabolism and this really was necessary in order for any other calorie restriction to be effective. In essence, I am able to have the best of both calorie restriction and feasting. My average with JUDDD is about 950 to 1100 cal which is the basics of the equation.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 08-28-2012 at 09:10 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yellobrix, I wish you the best in your new plan and hope that you will stay around and update as to how you are doing!

sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Good luck on your continuing WL journey. You really are doing well. I think I remember Dr. J mentioning what you are talking about and I can totally see that the deprivation day followed by a no limits day could definitely trigger a real lack of control.

It's good that you know yourself so well and realized you need to switch things up.

Please don't leave us though! We still care very much about how you are doing and about your progress. And, we don't want to miss the celebration when you reach goal. You are getting so close!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cahira
Stats: 292.0/285.4/167.0
Start Date: 9/17/12
Interesting. I'm sorry the JUDDD didn't work for you. I'm still in the honeymoon phase (this is my 11th day) but I find that knowing that I can have whatever thing I want in less than 48 hours keeps from needing to eat all the things right that minute. I haven't had any "last supper" type of binges since I started JUDDD - although I could have done without that 2nd serving of blueberry cobbler (homemade and totally worth the calories!) last night. Wishing you luck no matter what you do!
cahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry JUDDD wasn't for you Yellowbrix, but I am glad you are having success now. I think Dr J did warn that it could trigger Binge eating in some.

Do hang around, we are very 'inclusive' here.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristyn
Stats: 151/147/138
Start Date: July 2012
Yellowbrix - thank you for this post it has helped me realize something about myself that I wasn't even aware of. I have eaten clean and healthy all of my life (that I can remember) and don't have a problem with sweets....just don't crave them. I also don't buy/eat "diet" or "low fat" anything and figure if I eat in moderation I shouldn't have to. I'm certain I learned this way of eating from my tall slender mother (thanks Mom!) and it has served me well. But after turning 50ish and becoming hypo-thyroid I put on 10-15 pounds that I just couldn't shake loose. I learned about JUDD a few weeks ago and started losing immediately and thought that this must be my ticket. But. On some of my early ud I needed to consume more calories and started eating things that I normally wouldn't and in amounts that I wouldn't even consider. Then I got to where a few of my ud would turn into uuad and I couldn't figure out why. What had come over me? This makes the most sense to me that once I started eating larger amounts and higher calorie food I just took it to the next level. I even posted a few weeks ago that I ate a whole bag of Mrs. See's candy instead of my normal 1 or 2 pcs. I had no idea why I did that. Geez...who knew I'd unleash a monster. Going to be my old careful self going forward. I"ve lost 8 then gained back 5 from 2 trips we took. Need to lose 8 more and I am determined...and so happy to know about this monster of mine Thanks again.
Kristyn is offline   Reply With Quote