Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Wt loss mode question

Hi everyone ,

Well I started on Juddd back in april but instead of losing have been gaining do to many events, over eating, getting sick with bad cold etc... The good news I have finally settled down and my appetite is more under control. I was 143 and I am now 158!!!! yikes. I hadn't been to Dr J site for a while and decided to recalculate my calories.

I am 5'2, light exercise (I do more)158. for 20-35% wt loss mode I should eat between 407 -712 cals on down days and 2030 on high days. then i started to think... Do i have to pick a wt loss mode percentage and only follow that number. For example, can I do a dd on monday with 610 cal, then wed 500 cal then friday 712 cals? I know some of us have had the discussion of staying within the wt loss mode during trips ect... For those of you that may have read the book, did Dr. J say we need to only stay within ONE wt loss mode or can we pick and choose depending on how hungry we are feeling that day?

Personally I perfer to do 700 cals a day. I have a hard time sticking with 500.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
You can bounce around. Or you can set a goal average DD and stay as close to it as you can. Staying towards the higher end of Dr J's range will probably mean a somewhat slower rate of loss. But, if it also means you feel good while losing, and helps you stay motivated, then - hey - it's all good. Life is a journey.

Weight loss is a journey. Once that old JUDDD magic starts percolating inside you, you can revisit your DD calories and make adjustments if you choose.

Personally, - and I am still experimenting - I think bouncing with higher and lower DDs (all staying at or below Dr J' calculated max) shakes things up and keep weight loss moving.

Kirstin, I hear you. I am drafting a thread about bouncing around and the art of timing your meals. Will post it as soon as I can. I think both of those are very important components of the IF/CRON experience that we maybe should discuss more than we usually do.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I have kept a sticky note in my phone of all the 5% calorie levels since I found judddd.
I aim for at or below 25% usually, but give myself complete permission to go up by increments on down days if I need it. Usually hormonal. But having those stair steps (for me they are 90 cal each 5%).
Then I don't necessarily jump all the way to 35% level, and have more control of my choices. An extra 90 or 180 cal meal can make a real difference on a rough day, and then I haven't jumped off a food cliff.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
thank you b lou and Nancy for your input!! I feel much better now knowing that my up day cals were too low and since i gained the weight i can eat more! I will do my best to keep my dd's low now that i know i have more calories to eat the next day. Hopefully thats a better motivator for me. I thought before i should aim for 1500 on my up days.

Good to know that i can change my dd cals as needed! because as you said b lou someitmes all we need is an extra few cals!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Kirstin, I hear you. I am drafting a thread about bouncing around and the art of timing your meals. Will post it as soon as I can. I think both of those are very important components of the IF/CRON experience that we maybe should discuss more than we usually do.

I'm waiting!

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-30-2012 at 02:51 PM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote