Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
Church camp and cafeteria style foods

I have already had one episode of being away from home and unable to really do the extreme calorie cycling just cut out 1 meal on DD and stayed as close to low calorie as I could for the other meals. I have been home for 4 days and had 2 down days and 2 up days, then my son's birthday was yesterday, I was at 500 calories all day but then they made home made icecream and I had some...oops. Now today is supposed to be an up day and I am not sure if I should do another down day or go ahead with the up day?

Then on Thursday morning we leave to go to church camp and it is cafeteria style eating. We are way out in the country and not really possible to bring my own food, so I was wondering if I should just do 4 days of regular eating and get back on DD/UD rotation when I get home?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
The way I see it, you will be able to lose any gain in short time, if you do a strict rotation. You may as well enjoy yourself and stay active. Sounds like fun!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
keep your rotations until camp and try to eat well while there but you shouldn't need to torment yourself. Maybe skip a meal here or there. The most important thing is the re-entry plan to real life. Have a plan and the food and get right back into rotation.
My life has had too many interruptions like that this summer, but I got a grip back on myself and I know the real win is making it through the "life happens" days and then going right back to the produce filled counter and refrigerator, and making the down days happen. You can do it for you!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I went to our youth church camp earlier in the month. I ate what everyone else ate (cafeteria style meals plus any treats we had on our own). Gained some weight but lost it all within a week of getting back to JUDDD. That's what I love most about this program.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
keep your rotations until camp and try to eat well while there but you shouldn't need to torment yourself. Maybe skip a meal here or there. The most important thing is the re-entry plan to real life. Have a plan and the food and get right back into rotation.
My life has had too many interruptions like that this summer, but I got a grip back on myself and I know the real win is making it through the "life happens" days and then going right back to the produce filled counter and refrigerator, and making the down days happen. You can do it for you!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
You have already had your questions answered with some great advice, so i just wanted to say.. HAVE FUN~ when you do your camp outing~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #7

Thanks guys! I think I am going to love the flexibility of this plan. I just have been able to do something that a couple days off doesn't result in the 8 pound bounce of Atkins of lots of negative feelings about myself.
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh, you may bounce up eight pounds. Or you may not bounce at all. If you do bounce, do not have negative feelings! This is not Atkins, you do not have to spend a week getting back into ketosis before any of the weight goes bye-bye.

Just get back to good, clean rotations the minute you can. And you will probably be amazed at how quickly the bounce drops.

The last six weeks have been for me. Out of town guests, two rotations, family reunion, three rotations, visit to DH's family in Portland, three rotations, out of town guests.... why is it everyone, and I do mean everyone, I know is a gourmet cook or a real chef who really wants to cook complex, rich sauces and deeeeelish plates? I gave myself permission to eat the most amazing food. And I bounced three pounds, five pounds, four pounds. But, in between, with each mini-rotation, I have dropped back below 135.

So, I have feasted for six weeks, rotated intermittently, and ended up where I started. Golly, I love JUDDD!

Have a wonderful time at camp!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 08-28-2012 at 04:06 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Oh, you may bounce up eight pounds. Or you may not bounce at all. If you do bounce, do not have negative feelings! This is not Atkins, you do not have to spend a week getting back into ketosis before any of the weight goes bye-bye.

Just get back to good, clean rotations the minute you can. And you will probably be amazed at how quickly the bounce drops.

The last six weeks have been for me. Out of town guests, two rotations, family reunion, three rotations, visit to DH's family in Portland, three rotations, out of town guests.... why is it everyone, and I do mean everyone, I know is a gourmet cook or a real chef who really wants to cook complex, rich sauces and deeeeelish plates? I gave myself permission to eat the most amazing food. And I bounced three pounds, five pounds, four pounds. But, in between, with each mini-rotation, I have dropped back below 135.

So, I have feasted for six weeks, rotated intermittently, and ended up where I started. Golly, I love JUDDD!

Have a wonderful time at camp!
You cannot imagine how much hope that gives me! If I can just maintain during the next crazy semester I will be happy. I hope I could lose but I don't know if that will happen, but maintaining will be GREAT!
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Have fun. Life is too short. I went to St. Thomas in May and was there for 5 days. Didn't gain and ounce! I will be going to Canada in Sept. and I will enjoy! This WOE is really simple to get right back into.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote