Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yes, I'd love to hear any tips you have for us...

Add me to that list. Connie, your success is so inspiring!
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Connie...what an awesome journey you are on! You are a true JUDDD star...KUTGW!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Connie,
I was wondering if you would share some of your JUDDD secrets to success with us. Or if you already have,link to the thread? it looks like you started in April and it isn't even 5 months later and with 61 pounds lost, you are averaging around 12 pounds per month.That is just mind boggling to me! What kind of eating plan are you doing? Or did you clone a copy of the whoosh fairy and keep her in your drawer?
I hope you do not mean to call my success into question. I don't have any secrets and I thought that I have been apparent. I would have re-told my story in this thread yet again however felt that it has already been told often.

I’ve lost 60 pounds in apx. 238 days. The first 14.8 pounds took three months then I found JUDDD. In my first month doing JUDDD I lost 15 pounds.

My Start Date says:
JUDDD April 1st
January – March ate LC/LC

That’s the best description I can produce in the amount of space allowed. When I combined my weight loss totals to include the weight lost eating LC/LC I said so in a Thread on this forum in July, where I received several positive comments, including from you:

A Milestone!

I feel three things have made any success I have possible, and in equal measure:

#1. Quit drinking Diet Soda (this ended cravings)
#2. Eating the JUDDD way (healing my metabolism)
#3. Keep on going: over the bumps, the doubts, anything the scale says; just keep trying.

Here is my story in Threads as requested. Beverly, it seems you were always there:

Did anyone start JUDD with a “broken” metabolism?

FIRST WEEK, and the SCALE weighs in

YOU Told Me So...

A Skeptic Weighs In...One Month on JUDD

73 Days on JUDDD - I'm a Loser!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I certainly hope you didn't think I was questioning your amazing success- mostly I'm in awe at the increadible work you have done. I will check out your links! Thank you for posting them.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I certainly hope you didn't think I was questioning your amazing success- mostly I'm in awe at the increadible work you have done. I will check out your links! Thank you for posting them.
Not at all Carly.

It doesn't seem so much like work, simply tenacity. JUDDD makes it all doable. For me, that is magic. I've lived most of my adult life struggling to lose, while gaining pound after pound seeming powerless in the fight until JUDDD. Sixty pounds sounds like a huge achievement to many, however for me it is not even half way to Reasonable, however it does represent hope.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
wow, I sure didn't mean to offend you in any way!! I was complimenting your fantastic success and I have watched with joy as I saw your ticker move. I am sorry if I misunderstood your stats. And yes, I have watched your journey, but I thought there might have been a thread of tips you have summarized. There are lots of people on the JUDDD threads and I don't always remember everyone's story. Sometimes I don't even remember if it is an up day or a down day. I was completely and totally coming from a happy place for you. I pick up so many tips from people who have been successful. I have gotten so much information from watching Dawn's journey and I try things people find successful. I am not sure how my post was read in a negative way, because that is so far from what I was feeling. I am truly sorry.

Last edited by sungoddess; 08-26-2012 at 10:07 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That's how I understood it too Bev, I saw no negativity there.

Connie, I am delighted that you answered in such detail though, as I think those links will be really, really helpful to so many who may not have seen them first time round.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
wow, I sure didn't mean to offend you in any way!! I was complimenting your fantastic success and I have watched with joy as I saw your ticker move. I am sorry if I misunderstood your stats. And yes, I have watched your journey, but I thought there might have been a thread of tips you have summarized. There are lots of people on the JUDDD threads and I don't always remember everyone's story. Sometimes I don't even remember if it is an up day or a down day. I was completely and totally coming from a happy place for you. I pick up so many tips from people who have been successful. I have gotten so much information from watching Dawn's journey and I try things people find successful. I am not sure how my post was read in a negative way, because that is so far from what I was feeling. I am truly sorry.
I am so happy to hear. I'm probably too sensitive. I feel like I don't do well enough.

BIG Hugs to you.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
I am so happy to hear. I'm probably too sensitive. I feel like I don't do well enough.

BIG Hugs to you.
awwwww Connie, big hugs back to you. And I do appreciate you taking the time to post those threads because I am going to go back through and read them again. You do SO well, and I think every single one of us would agree with that and we are all so impressed. Please don't be hard on yourself. I do my best to only come from a place of love and support on these boards. There is no point in being any other way in my opinion. Sometimes posts are subject to misinterpretation, but please know I am only sending caring and loving thoughts in your direction.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
awwwww Connie, big hugs back to you. And I do appreciate you taking the time to post those threads because I am going to go back through and read them again. You do SO well, and I think every single one of us would agree with that and we are all so impressed. Please don't be hard on yourself. I do my best to only come from a place of love and support on these boards. There is no point in being any other way in my opinion. Sometimes posts are subject to misinterpretation, but please know I am only sending caring and loving thoughts in your direction.
Love this! Thank you Bev and I agree that you always have such a great attitude! When I first came to JUDDD, you spent a lot of time answering my questions and I appreciate the time spent so much.

Connie, I am certain that everyone here is over your magnificent losses! I am a slow loser and I am thrilled to see all of our speedy losers do JUDDD proud.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Connie, holy moly, it broke my heart for a second when you said you sometimes don't feel you've done well enough.
We're in awe, sister. I mean that.
I gasp every time I see that ticker of yours.
Sometimes I don't thank the hugely successful juddders enough. It's as though I think it's less work for you guys or something, which is nuts, isn't it?
Thanks, thanks, thanks for your daily presence here.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #42

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Connie, holy moly, it broke my heart for a second when you said you sometimes don't feel you've done well enough.
We're in awe, sister. I mean that.
I gasp every time I see that ticker of yours.
Sometimes I don't thank the hugely successful juddders enough. It's as though I think it's less work for you guys or something, which is nuts, isn't it?
Thanks, thanks, thanks for your daily presence here.
This is exactly how I feel, too. Connie, you're an inspiration to so many here. Just because your journey isn't finished, in no way negates all the amazing awesomeness you've already accomplished! You're really doing amazingly!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #43

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Ditto!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Thank all of you. You’ve always been there with words of encouragement and positive affirmations for me and so many others. Sincerely, thank you for all that you do. It means so much to have people cheering our successes and trying to help pull us through the rough spots. My gosh, it awes me to know how many people give so much of their time and effort to encourage and support everyone here. Like special guardian angels, JUDDD angels I surmise, I thank you ALL!

This year has been somewhat of a roller coaster. My feelings seem to range from pure joy to utter grief, all somehow related to my weight-loss journey. Being able to come to this forum and pour out those feelings has been a big part of healing.

I am hard on myself. I finally overcame my fear of the scale yet I still refuse to look in a mirror. You’ll know that I have finally crossed the Rubicon if you ever see a photo of me posted here! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry over it, it simply is. The pain is real and it is large and I’m simply working my way back out into the world a pound at a time. I have a few miles behind me and many, many miles remain ahead. It is so comforting to not be alone. Thank you again.

I must re-phrase what I said above, “Keep on going: over the bumps, the doubts, anything the scale says; just keep DOING.”

As Jedi Master Yoda said, “Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

Last edited by NoWeigh; 08-27-2012 at 09:46 AM..
Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Connie.. We are all so proud of how far you have come.. and we celebrate with you each and every pesky pound.... This journey we all share has sure had alot of ups and downs. but the one thing i wish for YOU connie is ,, For the JUDDD magic to heal your Self image Connie.. You in a lot of ways are like me.. I too feel the same thoughts you put out here.. never feel like its enough.. Great days.. crappy image days.. never goin to be enough.. i have been there with ya.. and for me,, JUDDD has healed more than my metoblism,, its started to heal my self worth( or self image) I love me.. and you need to love you.. Be the best YOU.. There is only one you.. and please keep comming here to us with each legg of your journey.. We love to hear the good , the bad, and every lil thing in between.. WE are family now.. we love you..
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Connie.. We are all so proud of how far you have come.. and we celebrate with you each and every pesky pound.... This journey we all share has sure had alot of ups and downs. but the one thing i wish for YOU connie is ,, For the JUDDD magic to heal your Self image Connie.. You in a lot of ways are like me.. I too feel the same thoughts you put out here.. never feel like its enough.. Great days.. crappy image days.. never goin to be enough.. i have been there with ya.. and for me,, JUDDD has healed more than my metoblism,, its started to heal my self worth( or self image) I love me.. and you need to love you.. Be the best YOU.. There is only one you.. and please keep comming here to us with each legg of your journey.. We love to hear the good , the bad, and every lil thing in between.. WE are family now.. we love you..
Thank you, really you make me cry.

I can not imagine you having self-image problems, you are so completely beautiful. You are only ounces away from your goal! Celebrate that, it is a gift you’ve given yourself.

I don’t dare imagine a goal other than to “keep doing.” Kimberly, if I can manage to arrive at the weight where you began your weight-loss journey, I promise I’ll post of picture of myself then. So, you’re going to have to stay around here long after goal. It’s going to take me a bit of time to get there, and some more JUDDD healing.

Big, HUGE HUGS to you.

Connie
Old 08-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Connie,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Connie: I was gone for the weekend but how thrilling to come back and find this huge milestone for you!!! Wooo-Hooooo! Girl! I'm so proud of you! We all are!!! I love the Jedi quote. You are a wonderful inspiration is so many ways.

I know what a huge triumph it is just to get over scale-phobia. JUDD had a way of healing that for me and most of the time now the scale is just a tool and the number is just a number that tells me how my body is reacting to what I put in it and how much I move it. It's part of this whole experiment and that's all.

You are beautiful. You just ARE! KUTGW and let's all keep encouraging one another.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Connie.. I promise to be here for that day~ Love you girl.. Just remember.. many of us.. myself included dont "See" what others do.. And just like you..You dont "see" Who we see.. thru your words.. and your sucess.. We love you! Dont be ashamed.. You are beautiful inside and out side right now~ I dont usally get all preachy.. but.. God dont make junk! You are his special creation he loves you just the way you are.. and you should LOVE YOU too~ Hang in there ~ Your day is comming.. and what a celebration that day will be!!! I have faith in you!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm typing on my phone, but just wanted to send hugs and say that I totally relate. I have NEVER been happy with what I saw in the mirror I thought I looked like a cow when I weighed only 92 pounds. I hope this time that I will like what I see when I arrive at goal. I know I will still need more healing before I can get there though.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Connie...What everyone has said and adding....You certainly have my love and compassion and support...always! Whether I am able to post or not, I will be "listening" to every precious budd like you and cheering you on.....all the way to goal....regardless how long it may take! You have done wonderfully well with this....never ever give up....ever.

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
I am so glad for the links to your previous threads, because I'm newish and didn't know they were there. I'm so thrilled for you on your new milestone, and may I just repost what I see as some truly wise thoughts from one of those threads?

"Not to be afraid of food.
To trust my body.
Count, even when it's boring to keep doing it.
To relax because the plateaus eventually do turn into whooshes

I can include any type of foods: cupcakes, bbq, chinese, pasta, fat, protein, bread, even candy as long as I count and stay within my numbers. I CAN eat those, however I focus on foods that are more nutritious most of the time because I suspect if I don't keep the nutritious foods coming in regularly that my body may refuse to let go of pounds while it searches for what it needs. So, it's a balance between eating things I enjoy, and making sure my body is getting what it needs."

LOVE. THIS.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

BIG HUGS to ALL of YOU!! Love you much!

For the record, any water retention I may have been experiencing has been taken care of!

It's been a good cry though, a healing one, so Thank You!