Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Overly introspective today..but what a difference a year makes

Hubby's father's funeral this weekend and I am staring down my 43rd birthday next weekend. Doing a lot of self evaluation in the light of all the life and death in our family in the last few weeks.
Looked at my weight tracker calendar from last year. I was thirty pounds heavier on my 42nd birthday. That doesn't even seem real, but I have seen pictures. I think at that point I had lost-gained-not lost so much I just gave up on caring. Lost connection with ME inside that fat. And I was fighting the good fight then, eating clean etc. I haven't been doing IF for that long at all and have an incredibly changed (read that as peaceful) relationship with food in these last six months. I'm in tears just thinking about it.
Thank God for finding intermittent fasting. I really want to value life enough to take care of myself and my family's health as much as I am able. And that knowledge and insight increases and changes on a regular basis. Are nutrition and nurture related words? They feel like it to me.
Not only that, but I love this juddd support group who constantly nurture me (and eachother, but this is totally about me me me, right?).
How far have you come in a year?

Last edited by b_lou_who; 08-23-2012 at 10:21 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
You have been through a lot lately. I also feel there's a connection between nurture and nutrition. One feeds the soul and the other feeds the body.

I don't want to get all philosophical and introspective about my own journey (just yet--I'll be turning 40 in a month and will most likely do it then), but I'm starting to look back as well, and I'm pleased with my progress.

You must be so proud of all that you've accomplished. You definitely care for your body more than the average person, and have made amazing strives to feed it the best way possible. You are an inspiration for those of us who still subsist off of fast food.

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

Let's make up a new word: nurturition!

I am so glad for you that you found a WOE that has made you feel more peaceful!!!

A year ago today I weighed 288.8; this morning, 273.6.
I feel disappointed with the last couple of months, because I had seen 267.0 and 266.8 a couple times; I feel I "should" be down another 5 or so from that, rather than up in the 270s again. :/

So from August 23-August 23: -15.2lbs.

But I've learned so much about nutrition, herbs, vitamins, exercise, etc since then;
I've improved some of my health concerns (tachycardia, high blood pressure);
and I'm still working on healing other imbalances that have affected me for years--insomnia, mainly. Because that supposedly affects weight & blood sugar issues!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/202/180
Sending along a to you! Reflection is good for the soul...as is this WOE, and this group! I'm only a week in, but I'm glad to have found a home here. My past year has been calorie-counting, giving up, calorie-counting, giving up, Atkins, giving up.....(see a pattern?) In that year I managed to lose 25 pounds....they need to stay lost (and take some of their friends with them!) I think JUDDD will be it for me....even after I lose what I need to.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dear Lou, I will be thinking of you over the next few days. As you'll have seen I lost my FIL a few weeks ago. Tough times but I know you will be a great support to your DH and his family.

You have achieved so much and your constant effort to eat healthy, organic, wholefoods is so good for all your family.

You can look forward to your coming birthday with confidence and pride. We all love your thoughtful, caring posts here. I know I speak for everyone when I say "Well done".
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I haven't come as far as you, but I can't believe that I have
been with JUDDD for six months! When you think about it, the time flew and we only diet every other day.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Lou: Big You have definitely been through a lot and have been coping so well. This has been a year of discovery for you. Gosh, 43. You are just a baby. And a cute one at that!

I did my reflecting on August 1st. That marked one year on my current WL journey. On this day last year I was down about 16 pounds and now I'm down 42. (Well, not counting the yucky bounce on my scale yesterday, but I'm working on that.)

Since I found the JUDD WOE and this forum I must say I'm more "settled" overall if that makes sense. I gave up on giving up. This is something we can all believe in and I find new motivation here every day.

What a neat group of people. Thanks for this thread and for sharing yourself with us all so openly.

I will be thinking of you this weekend. Please tell your hubby we are so sorry for his loss.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

Since I found the JUDD WOE and this forum I must say I'm more "settled" overall if that makes sense. I gave up on giving up. This is something we can all believe in and I find new motivation here every day.

What a neat group of people. Thanks for this thread and for sharing yourself with us all so openly.
YamYam, That's beautiful. Thanks.
BLou,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

I agree wholeheartedly with giving up on giving up. Love you all!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am so sorry you are going through such a very, very sad and stressful time now!

I also see a strong correlation between what I eat and how I feel/cope. I figured out, waaaay back when I was a toddler of your age, that my instinct to eat for sweets and junk food in times of stress was not a good thing. But I kept doing it.

This time last year? Oh goodness. This time last year I hit bottom. Family stress was sky-rocketing and I was living on refined carbs/sweets and spending too much time banging around inside my own head trying to figure how to take care of the world while the scale climbed.

September 15, for reasons unknown, I managed to abruptly move to eating LC. The sun came out, little birdies started singing, and Spring flowers began blooming across the Autumn landscape as the brain-fog lifted. I figured out what to do about some of the stresses and how to cope with others.

I only lost seven pounds on LC. Then I stalled. Experiments convinced me my post-menopause bod needs more carbs (in the form of veggies/fruits mostly) than LC allows. So I did some research and moved to JUDDD on 1 January. And I have not looked back.

With elderly parents, DH in questionable health, two houses to maintain, and pets with chronic health problems there have been plenty of stresses this year. And I have been tempted many times to run hide in sweets and calories. But never, not even once, have I given in. Health and sanity and internal peace really do taste better!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 08-24-2012 at 03:09 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Proud of you Nancy
Old 08-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I am so sorry you are going through such a very, very sad and stressful time now!

I also see a strong correlation between what I eat and how I feel/cope. I figured out, waaaay back when I was a toddler of your age, that my instinct to eat for sweets and junk food in times of stress was not a good thing. But I kept doing it.

This time last year? Oh goodness. This time last year I hit bottom. Family stress was sky-rocketing and I was living on refined carbs/sweets and spending too much time banging around inside my own head trying to figure how to take care of the world while the scale climbed.

September 15, for reasons unknown, I managed to abruptly move to eating LC. The sun came out, little birdies started singing, and Spring flowers began blooming across the Autumn landscape as the brain-fog lifted. I figured out what to do about some of the stresses and how to cope with others.

I only lost seven pounds on LC. Then I stalled. Experiments convinced me my post-menopause bod needs more carbs (in the form of veggies/fruits mostly) than LC allows. So I did some research and moved to JUDDD on 1 January. And I have not looked back.

With elderly parents, DH in questionable health, two houses to maintain, and pets with chronic health problems there have been plenty of stresses this year. And I have been tempted many times to run hide in sweets and calories. But never, not even once, have I given in. Health and sanity and internal peace really do taste better!
Nancy,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

Nancy I see so much strength in you and admire you so much. Thanks for sharing this!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #15

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nancy x
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
to and for all my buddds.
I relate totally to the idea of "giving up on giving up."
Right now I'm in the "keep on keeping on" mode.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote