Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
How have your "natural" food inclinations progressed?

Been browsing threads this morning and quite a few times I noticed people stating that their eating habits changed naturally as SIRT-1 activated. This makes me so happy and hopeful for everyone Grateful we get to share and encourage each other in better eating since IF isn't a "diet" but simply a daily limit tailored by you for you. Feeling food empowered. We didn't end up here by not loving food.
I see so much of this:

Eating healthful real foods, especially adding lots of fresh produce.
Naturally moderate or lower carb.
Increased creativity in preparing meals.
Fear of "fasting" disappears.
Drinking clean water.
Discovering more natural supplements that heal and assist the fat loss process and moving away from chemical meds/supps/additives.
Choosing foods that act to heal each individual need (and finding that we naturally tend toward foods that will help us).
No longer craving processed junk food, eliminating artificial and refined products.
LOVE LOVE LOVE

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I'll admit it. When I started with JUDDD, I was craving all kinds of beautiful healthy foods. Lately, my calories have been more junkie, like KFC. I don't think a vegetable passed my lips for the past three days. I'm hoping this is not a trend and that it's simply that the past week has been so wild and chaotic.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

^^ you can do it for you steph, this is the season for fresh lovely things. how long has it taken you to get to this point?
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
^^ you can do it for you steph, this is the season for fresh lovely things. how long has it taken you to get to this point?
To the point of eating junk food?

My early JUDDD days were filled with fruit and veggies and lovely whole dairy products, etc. But that's also when I had a working stove--mine is currently disconnected for the renovations. And it's hard to get into the fridge at the moment too--and I'm not going to get to the store to get fresh groceries for a few days. So I suspect it's just the chaos. But maybe I can find an apple ;P

The good thing about JUDDD is that even if you do go away from good clean eating, it's not the end of the world, and tomorrow is a new day.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
You're a nut!
I meant to the point of having lost some weight and kept it off. Having chaos in the kitchen is no bueno. Eat your apple.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I still eat a lot of processed stuff, but I choose chili and turkey burgers over cheeseburgers and fries. I have also started eating more fruit, vegetables, and grilling a lot more at home. I also just joined a CSA and will be getting my first crate of fresh produce next Tuesday. I'm making good strides toward healthful eating, but not going crazy over it!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #7

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I have eaten more veggies and fruit since starting JUDDD. Now, I also have the chips and chocolate, but I had that before too. Honestly there isn't a day that I don't have multiple servings of veggies, UP or DOWN day. Fruit, I eat more too. I used to NEVER eat fruit!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vikki80
Stats: 253/172.5/154
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: May 12
I eat far more fruit and veg now I am on juddd (as do my children). They started creeping their way into my diet on down days because of the big amount you can eat for few calories. Now though I eat lots on up days too. I am loving salads at the moment- they just have a few more extras like olives or cheese on up days!
Vikki80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Eating far more vegetable matter.
Truthfully, still hugely attracted to junky sugar-salt-fat, moreso when stressed. Still better off keeping it out of the house.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Steph, when I first began JUDDD I sort of went cray-cray! Tried to add quite a bit of fast food on UD (PizzaHut, Whataburger, Taco Bueno) and some other fun things like cake and icecream. I noticed that my bounces were unreal! Plus I was just spinning my wheels.

After struggling this way for a month or so, I decided to keep JUDDDing, but go back to my tried and true WOE and left out all processed and fast food. No more 3+ bounces. I also feel so much better.

Last edited by sunday; 08-23-2012 at 12:56 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Not me. I will choose ice cream over a veggie any day. I still haven't reached the point whwere I "crave" or choose veggie over salsa and chips or ice cream. I don't eat much else that is processed but I haven't given up my goodies for veggies. And I DO like veggies.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #12

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I eat everything. I enjoy loads of veggies, more fruit than I've eaten in years, but I also eat sugar and wheat and battered fish and fries and ........... well there you have it.

But of course I eat these things occasionally and because it is possible without me turning into a wild woman.

The fruits and vegetables are wonderful, and I love, love, love not having to count the carbs in a tomato. I do believe I make better choices now, but I am no saint.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Not me. I will choose ice cream over a veggie any day. I still haven't reached the point whwere I "crave" or choose veggie over salsa and chips or ice cream. I don't eat much else that is processed but I haven't given up my goodies for veggies. And I DO like veggies.

When I get to my goal weight or even within 10 lbs, I will definitely be adding some ice cream and pie once or twice per week as well.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
I have definately added in more fruits and vegetables, there was never an apple and rareley a cucumber in this house, and when it comes to junk food.....Hello, my name is Erika, and I am an icecream addict I can't give it up, at least not during the summer and I have a cup just about every UD
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
It's a mix for me. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit because I like them but I am enjoying the carb and sugar freedom. I have found my DDs are much smoother and more comfortable if I eat nutritious food the day before so I pay attention to my junk to food ratio.
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Today and my last UD have included loads of junk - Reese's, tortilla chips, dip, pasta. I don't want this to continue. And it's particularly worse after a DD, like yesterday, when I was really really hungry all day.

If it continues, I'm not going to continue on JUDDD. Because it's very unusual for me.

I am scared!
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Today and my last UD have included loads of junk - Reese's, tortilla chips, dip, pasta. I don't want this to continue. And it's particularly worse after a DD, like yesterday, when I was really really hungry all day.

If it continues, I'm not going to continue on JUDDD. Because it's very unusual for me.

I am scared!
There are foods will give you much better nourishment than candy or chips or pasta, but they are just foods, IMO. There are better choices, but I don't believe they're poison to you unless you're a diabetic getting sugar spikes?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Stephdray, you know that I know that there are better foods, right? Just checking.

I am not diabetic. In fact, I just had ahhhhmazing bloodwork results. Triglycerides way down (that was okay to begin with), good cholesterol up, bad way down (that one needed a bit of attention), INFLAMATION down (didn't even know she was checking that - newly impressed with my doc). All just incredible.

Maybe that's why I went nuts. Oh, yeah, I ate lots of nuts, too.

I don't know, but I don't like it. It has to stop. I hope it's not a side effect of JUDDD, psychological or otherwise.

Last edited by buttah; 08-23-2012 at 10:18 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
I'm all for healthy eating. It's a good thing. However, if you don't have a health or other concern that makes avoiding certain foods necessary, and you're eating a variety of foods, I think a little "junk food" is OK and for some of us, the amazing concept of no forbidden foods can go a long, long way toward preventing diet fatigue. Diet fatigue is what always has eventually derailed my very healthy, unprocessed low carb diets in the past. At only six weeks in, I'm not a veteran JUDDDer to be able to know for sure that JUDDD is different, but it feels different. I really think that I can keep going long enough to lose the not insubstantial amount of weight I need to lose to be in the healthy range and join the amazing and wonderful group of maintainers on this site. Depending on your goals, the longevity factor might be even more important than eating the most pristinely healthy diet. Not that I'm knocking healthy, mind you! It's just that the no deprivation thing is important too in my view.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Stephdray, you know that I know that there are better foods, right? Just checking.
Of course. I was just trying to grant your point that junk food is a concern b/c there are better choices, but soothe you with the counterpoint that just because something isn't the best choice doesn't mean you need to be scared!

Quote:
I am not diabetic. In fact, I just had ahhhhmazing bloodwork results. Triglycerides way down (that was okay to begin with), good cholesterol up, bad way down (that one needed a bit of attention), INFLAMATION down (didn't even know she was checking that - newly impressed with my doc). All just incredible.
Awesome! Then I would say you've got no business at all to stop JUDDD b/c of a peanut butter cup and a tortilla chip :P
Old 08-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #21

You know, if you stop JUDDDing to control eating foods you know are not ideal for every (other) day life. It might be just as well to use the same willpower not to eat them while continuing to JUDDD...

It is all in the mind, darn it!

Your blood work is wonderful. Well done.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
[QUOTE=lowcarbchris;15894638]I'm all for healthy eating. It's a good thing. However, if you don't have a health or other concern that makes avoiding certain foods necessary, and you're eating a variety of foods, I think a little "junk food" is OK and for some of us, the amazing concept of no forbidden foods can go a long, long way toward preventing diet fatigue. Diet fatigue is what always has eventually derailed my very healthy, unprocessed low carb diets in the past. At only six weeks in, I'm not a veteran JUDDDer to be able to know for sure that JUDDD is different, but it feels different. I really think that I can keep going long enough to lose the not insubstantial amount of weight I need to lose to be in the healthy range and join the amazing and wonderful group of maintainers on this site. Depending on your goals, the longevity factor might be even more important than eating the most pristinely healthy diet. Not that I'm knocking healthy, mind you! It's just that the no deprivation thing is important too in my view.[/QUOTE]

I certainly agree with . Plus there is not "cheat" as we know it from LC days. I can mess up and I am fine after a DD or so. But the deprivation issue is what finally got to me trying to live my life LCLF.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Quote:
I'm in this camp too

As an adult I rarely touched 'junk food' or anything with food additivies and for many years was very fanatical about avoiding sugar (as well as exercising). I guess you can say I was a healthy overweight person!

Since starting JUDDD I've become a bit more lax (especially about sugar) but not really too much, I don't really consider anything that doesn't directly grow from the ground or come from an animal to be 'food'.

Last edited by Avicenna; 08-24-2012 at 06:11 AM..
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
I make it a habit to always have 1 veggie with my dinner. I also eat at least one fruit a day. I have found that I feel much better staying away from the junk foods like cakes, chocolates. I was feeling very bloated and my face was swollen when I go crazy.. dont get me wrong I love pizza, chinese you name it! But the uncomfortable feeling afterwards of piggy out is bad. I still include junk food but in small amounts and I don't feel so uncomfortable. Yesterday I had a cup of baked pasta, sauted green beans and side of salad. then strawberry popsicle. The old me would have had 3-4 cups of pasta, skipped the veggies and a little salad. then for desert ice cream sundae and chocolates!

I am also proud of myself. I was going to have a WW meal but I had made the baked pasta dish. Instead of feeling deprived I decided to skip the ww meal and have a tiny portion of the pasta that almost equaled my ww cals. I can't believe I was able to control my portion and stop at about 1 cup!! woo hoo!! this is really a growth for me!

This moderation thing is really awesome. My husband offered to eat out tonight but I am on such a good place right now I dont want anything derailing me so I declined. normally I would be jumping up and down that we are getting take out. Love the fact that I am taking control of my love of food! I have always heard about moderation but I never thought it would ever happen. Hopefully I continue to stay focused and dont get off the wagon. I need to make it to my destination!

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Of course. I was just trying to grant your point that junk food is a concern b/c there are better choices, but soothe you with the counterpoint that just because something isn't the best choice doesn't mean you need to be scared!

Awesome! Then I would say you've got no business at all to stop JUDDD b/c of a peanut butter cup and a tortilla chip :P
Well, to be fair, the bloodwork was before I succumbed to these cravings. I'm generally a healthy eater with just an occasional, small indulgence. I actually wonder if it isn't a "JUDDD-works!" phase/reaction. Like, we see it works, so we convince ourselves it's just the calories, not the food, that's important, and then when the cravings hit, our guard is down. We think we can eat like we're fifteen again.

Whatever it was, it needs to be over now. Or I don't trust that my next bloodwork will be good!

Last edited by buttah; 08-24-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You know, if you stop JUDDDing to control eating foods you know are not ideal for every (other) day life. It might be just as well to use the same willpower not to eat them while continuing to JUDDD...

It is all in the mind, darn it!

Your blood work is wonderful. Well done.
True dat. Although I have resisted junk for months until now on other WOE's. At least in the amounts that are now making me so mad at myself. Something about JUDDD made me "feel free" enough to indulge. For now I'm going to register the feelings that came with it, and try to not to let it happen again.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post

Fear of "fasting" disappears.

How long does it usually take for people to lose the fear of fasting mindset? I would love to get to that point.

I still wake with a bit of dread on DD mornings, even though the days rarely turn out as difficult as I imagine them to be.

Marla
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlamp10 View Post
How long does it usually take for people to lose the fear of fasting mindset? I would love to get to that point.

I still wake with a bit of dread on DD mornings, even though the days rarely turn out as difficult as I imagine them to be.

Marla
I never look forward to DD's but at 7 weeks in, I'm not in terror of them anymore. I'm sure I'm going to be a grumpy witch tomorrow but given that today was a 'can't count the calories' kind of day because I was eating out at non-chain restaurants, I'm going to be glad of it. It's the price of take-out chinese food...which, I might add, had some vegetables in it, so at least I'm on my way back to a healthier place as soon as I have a working stove again.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Love the variety of answers here.
Maria, it took me about 4-6 weeks to get over dreading DDs. This has just gotten better and better, so that even if I wake up hungry on a DD, I know it'll be fine.
These days, I feel a bit anxious about UDs, which are tougher for me.

I feel as though I have a thousand things to learn doing this, so one month I learn about DDs, another month I learn about chips and chocolate, another month I learn about what happens on vacation.
It's like I'm confronting every single food/body demon I've ever known.
My guess is that this may go on for a long, long time, but so what?

I spent decades having a lousy relationship with food. Why would that not take a bit of repair time?
Patience wins here. That's what the JUDDD vets teach me. SO glad they're here.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #30

again Kristin.